• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I hace a question for you... About the Bandana Dee stealing spotlight's thing... Do you are talking about give more use a other characters... Or instead have more one-shots as a characters in his place?
Both things, but the real problem is the former; there are many interesting character that are unused.
But anyway I was more refering to the fandom; lots of characters (even new ones) are overlooked due to the fact that everyone seems to be obsessed with Bandana Dee; This is refered to Kirby in general, but it's noticeable especially now with the Smash Ballot, it seems that people try to detract any other Kirby character because they don't want those character to be in, only Bandana Dee is allowed (just look at the number of posts of the support threads in this community; other Kirby characters have usually 3 pages of comments when it's going well). But I don't want to start this conversation again, please let's stop here, it's just my personal opinion I don't pretend to convince anyone, especially in the support thread of the said character.

Man Kirby_Queen and Iko MattOrr you two debat alot don't you? I mean if this thread right now was an anime you two would be huge rival :laugh:(I mean that in a good way not a bad way) hell this could be you'r two opening theme
Lol that's true, but at least sometimes the discussion is interesting. We have like, the opposite opinion on almost everything -.-

I hope both Bandana Dee and Adeleine will make it as DLC because I want to do a Bandana Dee vs Adeleine match against Kirby_Queen :laugh:

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Both things, but the real problem is the former; there are many interesting character that are unused.
But anyway I was more refering to the fandom; lots of characters (even new ones) are overlooked due to the fact that everyone seems to be obsessed with Bandana Dee; This is refered to Kirby in general, but it's noticeable especially now with the Smash Ballot, it seems that people try to detract any other Kirby character because they don't want those character to be in, only Bandana Dee is allowed (just look at the number of posts of the support threads in this community; other Kirby characters have usually 3 pages of comments when it's going well). But I don't want to start this conversation again, please let's stop here, it's just my personal opinion I don't pretend to convince anyone, especially in the support thread of the said character.

Lol that's true, but at least sometimes the discussion is interesting. We have like, the opposite opinion on almost everything -.-

I hope both Bandana Dee and Adeleine will make it as DLC because I want to do a Bandana Dee vs Adeleine match against Kirby_Queen :laugh:
Okay, I only want a explanation

I'm also want both :happysheep:

MetaKobra

Smash Cadet
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but what would your personal favorite color/alt. if Bandana Dee were to get in?

(My personal picks would be the default, a ghost form, B&W, a Goriath look-alike (In spoilers), and of course Banana Dee).

Here's some ideas of what he'd look like: (MAJOR credit to @Thelimomon)!

These are awesome limomon, I really appreciate your effort you put into these! :kirby:

More 3D-ish Color Models:

This one below would also be really cool to have/use:

And finally, the one and only majestic Banana Dee:

-
-
-
I would, but I'm allergic to long sentences.
Do you have... hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia? :troll:
(It's an actual thing, the fear of long words to those who don't know) :p

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
There is a Japan only Nintendo Direct in 3 days.
Bandana Dee confirmed :awesome:
Maybe not... But I'm sure we're getting a new character. Also, it's just a Japan only thing? It has to be a global direct. Nintendo isn't biased like that are they?

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Do you have... hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia? :troll:
(It's an actual thing, the fear of long words to those who don't know) :p

On topic, if when Bandana Dee were will get in, what would be your favorite color / alt. to choose from?

(My personal picks would be a King DeDeDe look-alike, the default, a ghost form, B&W, All Golden, Red, Blue, & Green, a Goriath look-alike (In spoilers), and of course Banana Dee).

Here's some ideas of what he'd look like: (MAJOR credit to @Thelimomon)!

These are awesome limomon, I really appreciate your effort you put into these! :kirby:

More 3D-ish Color Models:

This one below would also be really cool to have/use:

And finally, the one and only majestic Banana Dee:

I would probably just stick with the Deafult one
I'm such a purist :drwtf:

D

Deleted member

Say guys I just look at artsy omni twitter page and looking at his profile pic and that he said he was looking for mario remix music on his next video I feel like he is not going to do bandana waddle dee instead the next one is I believe is either the inklings or daisy.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but what would your personal favorite color/alt. if Bandana Dee were to get in?
I'm not sure I'd play him much, as I get on best with Dedede and don't fare so well with lighter characters, so I'm just going to state which alt I'd like to see included;

Before I ever even knew that Bandana Waddle Dee has a following, I was always a fan of Sailor Waddle Dee (who Bandana Waddle Dee's personality seems to have been based on), from Revenge of Meta Knight, so that is the alt that I'd like to see.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Say guys I just look at artsy omni twitter page and looking at his profile pic and that he said he was looking for mario remix music on his next video I feel like he is not going to do bandana waddle dee instead the next one is I believe is either the inklings or daisy.
He's looking Mario Music for Smashified Live! I think
That is basically making the render of the character in Twitch :drshrug:
I don't think that he would smashify the Inklings with Mario Music
There's already a TON of Splatoon music on Youtube :p
Gen 1er!!!!!!!!! :awesome:
Drifloon would like to have a word with you :drifloon:
My favorite generations are actually the second and the fourth ones :dr^_^:
I'm so glad that Drifloon is already an icon for some reason :dr-_-:
When I mean purist is that I don't really like using pallete swaps for characters :ohwell:
It just looks weird :urg:

Last edited:

MetaKobra

Smash Cadet
I took at look at his Twitter and Website and it seems he wants Mario music for his Smashified Live.

(Smashified is the main process of characters, like the ones you see on Youtube (K. Rool, Rayman, ect.) while Smashified Live is his personal, less known take on characters he likes only with less advanced editing (Not as much as Smashified) while streaming on his personal Twitch Channel).

Smashified Live and Smashified are pretty much two different things, so I wouldn't worry too much about Bandana Dee's getting pushed aside for another month. (If he was chosen)

And he also says he's going to be posting his next Smashified character tomorrow (Saturday) so I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

EDIT: Half :4greninja: By @ Chalo5000 Chalo5000 :p (I tried to explain it the best I could for those who don't know if the two Smashifieds were different).

Double Edit: Bandana Dee is technically winning #Smashified due to to Jiggly's comment on Youtube only using the required #. Isaac and two others do have more likes, but do not use #Smashified which is required. (Unless Artsy Omni also looks at the top comments in general, which is likely)

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Drifloon would like to have a word with you :drifloon:
My favorite generations are actually the second and the fourth ones :dr^_^:
I'm so glad that Drifloon is already an icon for some reason :dr-_-:
When I mean purist is that I don't really like using pallete swaps for characters :ohwell:
It just looks weird :urg:
I was kidding. My favorite is fifth gen. Hooray for unpopular opinions! (My favorite, not yours)

I attempted to make pallet swaps for Bandana Dee..... I probably shouldn't have gotten as random as the Ditto alt, but the others look fine. (For a 16 bit sprite anyway.)
Screenshot (1).png

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
I was kidding. My favorite is fifth gen. Hooray for unpopular opinions! (My favorite, not yours)

I attempted to make pallet swaps for Bandana Dee..... I probably shouldn't have gotten as random as the Ditto alt, but the others look fine. (For a 16 bit sprite anyway.)
View attachment 54017
Indeed unpopular opinions my least liked generation is the fifth one :joyful:
Ditto Bandana Dee? :smash:
Sakurai needs to hire you or something :drflip:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

View attachment 54017
Great, but if you could just change Ditto to Sailor Dee, then it'd be PERFECT!

D

Deleted member

Only now people are realizing Spear Hat Bandana Dee would be the best alternate... :colorful:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Projared is one the most famus monster hunter fan in youtube. He did the voice in one you know gaming exactly about Monster Hunters. Normalsboots is one the best Youtubers out there.

@ kirby_queen kirby_queen You really feeling this game a lot.

I got like 200 hours lost in my life.
I have White Monoblos Armor and I use Various Swicth Axe and Charge Blade in the store.
G-2 HR 74.
I even forgot to play Smash because Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. After is the only game.
You can dress as Samus using a Master Sword, A cat dress a Megaman armor with Sonic Head, using a Mario Hammer and another cat dress up as Chun-Li with Dante Sword figthing Rajang, Literally, Monkey turning himself Golden.
That why is awesome.

There a special mission with Metroid Tittle on it, Kill frenzied Yian Garuga a Purple Bird Wyvern, Litterally: Ridley.
We need a Kirby treatment in this game, NOW like Dedede Hammer, Meta Knight Doal Blades, Mic Kirby Hunting horn or a Bandana Dee Lance or Insect Glaive...With a bug shaped as a Bronto Burt.

Why capcom, why you don't hear me...

And remember were gonna get a Full 3D Kirby game with higher difficult and Mario galaxy style environment...

So sad is cancelled...

2.5 weeks for E3........ OMGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!
I feel like Dedede should defintely have a Hammer in MH. It can look JUST like his hammer. Maybe Metaknight should have a long sword or great sword. I feel like dual blades might be odd since MK just uses his one sword...
Than again a long sword or Great Sword are different sizes. Maybe a Galaxia Great Sword. Can just look like Galaxia.

As for Kirby... I like the idea of a gunlance...

The lance itself can be the Star Rod and the Shield can be shaped as Kirby himself/have his image. *o*

lol also I don't even play Smash anymore, especially since MH4u. Too addictive. I made an awesome mixed Armor set that actually manages to look stylish and cohesive AND is functional. I'm super proud of this set for real.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

OH MY GOD! what if there is ever a kirby monster hunter dlc and you fight bosses from the kirby game like Dyan blade,landia,chameleo arm and heavy lobster how awesome would that be?

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
OH MY GOD! what if there is ever a kirby monster hunter dlc and you fight bosses from the kirby game like Dyan blade,landia,chameleo arm and heavy lobster how awesome would that be?
I don't care at all for Monster Hunter, so it wouldn't be relevant to me

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Hmmm. Not sure how I feel about this. Plus I wouldn't really want to kill anything from a Kirby game and crave it up. Much less poor adorable Dynablade LOL.

I think armor DLC and weapons based on Kirby would be a dream though!

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Hmmm. Not sure how I feel about this. Plus I wouldn't really want to kill anything from a Kirby game and crave it up. Much less poor adorable Dynablade LOL.

I think armor DLC and weapons based on Kirby would be a dream though!
Why not the Streetpass hats as DLC?

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
HA! What if the Nintendo Direct featured Announced Mother 3 for the Virtual Console on Wii U in Japan only?! LOL :laugh::crying:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
How I imagine E3 going down this year:
Sakurai this E3: "I'm pleased to announce our first Exclusive DLC character, Bandana Dee!"
Crowd "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!"
Sakurai at E3 " He is exclusive to the Almaty Province of Kazakhstan, please understand"
Crowd: "Yay?"
President of the U.S.A., Barack Obama, two days after E3, completely unrelated to E3: " I have deployed troops to Kazakhstan and Japan to hand over Band- erm, I mean restore peace and order, nah screw it, to get back our Bandana Dee!"
Sakurai
: *Laughs*

Poor Kazakhstan it did nothing wrong

D

Deleted member

I found three funny gmod video I think you all are going to get a good laugh:joyful:

and we all can't have a funny kirby parody without kirby acting like a badass

Top Bottom