• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Something from the first game in a long lasting franchise is old? Next you'll tell me the sky is blue
I don't understand what are you trying to say here, but I will like it anyways.

I'm I the only one here that doesn't believe sakurai is bias and everyone is just overthinking it?
Yes, because I just said the reasons.
It's a fact.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I'm I the only one here that doesn't believe sakurai is bias?
Technically everyone on this planet has bias.:p Big or small influence, it's actually impossible to not have slight bias in anything manmade. And unfortunately, I do believe Mr. Sakurai is very biased.

Troykv

Smash Master
It's from Shadow Dragon, an old FE game, BUT the 3DS version has Arena Ferox (Awakening).
FE1 = Dark Dragon & Sword of Light/Shadow Dragon
FE3 = Mystery of Emblem (Book 1 = FE1 Remake with cuts. Book 2 = The Actual Game)
FE11 = Shadow Dragon (FE1 Remake)
FE12 = New Mystery of Emblem (FE3-Book 2 Remake)

:happysheep:

And yeah, I know, and Kirby have a KSS-related Stage in both versions of the game (Two in Wii U... probably Two also in 3DS with the Smash Bros 64 Stage Data) xD

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think Sakurai is biased for his own material indeed.
Kirby barely got any material or representation from the newer games. Kirby only got a new Final Smash, we have a few trophies from the newer games, and 3 songs on one stage... that's it. The older Kirby games got even more representation in terms of music, stages, and more. Why was Dream Land GB a stage and not something from Triple Deluxe? Why The Great Cave Offensive over something like Nutty Noon?
Not to mention all of the Kid Icarus: Uprising content we got. I don't mind Palutena, Pit's new moveset, and of course the music. But the rest? It's pretty damn glaring that this small, 3 game franchise got too much.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Oh, Sakurai didn't retweet the Direct, so I doubt they will show something Smash related.

Also, good news, 777 supporters, Bandana Dee confirmed for E3 thanks to the power of luck.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So what is everyone honest opinion on sakurai also do you want to see him work on another kirby game again?

Burruni

Smash Hero
So what is everyone honest opinion on sakurai also do you want to see him work on another kirby game again?
He's a man who loves to surprise people with the creative and skilled abilities as a game designer and producer to keep making that happen.
For him working on Kirby? I'm not exactly sure. I've truly enjoyed most post-Sakurai titles and after DLC for Smash 4, I want the man to go into effective retirement who puts in work for his passion projects like Uprising and nothing else. He deserves it at this point.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I like Mr. Sakurai as a developer, he might not always make the best choices, but his choices are far better than what would happen if you put most others in charge.

As for developing a Kirby game? I wouldn't really mind, but I actually prefer the non-Sakurai Kirby games (with exception of Airride) more than the ones with heavy involvement from him.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I'm mixed on the Sakurai Bias thing. I've definitely expressed concern that he was biased before but I am also not sure of certain conditions. Such as what Sakurai has access to, what he's actually had the time to play of the franchise, how forth coming HAL has been with providing anything, and Japan's history with the franchise.

It would not shock me if Sakurai WAS biased. Hes obviously expressed he's a sort of a control freak. He can't even imagine smash in the hands of another director without assuming they'll mess up his game. If this is his attitude with Smash I can only imagine that his reasons for leaving HAL and relinquishing control of Kirby wasn't easy for him or a complete relief.

Still it's not like he's outright said he prefers his own games or acknowledging only his own. KSS may have gotten another stage because it's easier to make a stage based on a game he's already developed and knows. He may have just saw GCO as a great 8 player idea to change up the standard smash experience and gameplay (which doesn't appeal to me and I hate the stage even though I love the game :( ) but it is DIFFERENT and maybe he just felt it worked for his idea. Maye he did another KSS stage as KSS is pretty revered in Japan. Traditional Kirby platformers sell much better there. So recent titles like Epic Yarn wouldn't appeal as much in comparison for getting a new stage.

Than again it's outrageous that NO new modern stage has appeared. Even Return to Dreamland. The new assisted trophies and levels are still all from an age when he's directed. As others have stated, all other franchises with new characters and games got something new. Kirby not so much outside of his final smash.

KSS is my favorite Kirby title and to me the most impressive in terms of how much it introduced and experimented. To me it's still the best game in the franchise followed by maybe Triple Deluxe.

I WOULD LOVE if Sakurai made a new Kirby game BUT not sure if it's something he's up to ever again. Not sure if it's something he'd improve on or not.

At this point I'm happy with Shinya. I feel like he knows what made KSS good and famous but at the same time seems to be working to add to that experience. It would be nice if he had JUST a bit more of Sakurai's boldness but keep his goal of maintain the game's depths.

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Sakurai is highly creative guy. He's a guy who surprises others easily too. He's awesome at making Smash Bros. games. When it comes to Kirby... it seems like he's forgotten his own series. Kirby rarely gets any love in Smash. If there is love, it's to Super Star. I really hope he will understand that if Kirby got one more rep, everything would be cool with that series.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
as for critics of all the Kid Icarus content, maybe Sakurai is biased or maybe as a member of Sora hit's just cheaper, easier, and more accessible to use stuff he has some claim to. He doesn't have to ask for permission, input, or direction from the other owners/studios. Maybe.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Man I really hope HAL makes a sequel to Kirby super star I mean super star is a master piece and loved by all kirby fans and none kirby fans you think HAL would make future sequels out of this but no we got.......kirby and the rainbow curse....yay?(I don't hate rainbow curse BTW)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Should Sakurai make a new Kirby game? I guess, he invented the formula the series uses to this day. Should he work on another smash? No. He needs a break and I need a director who likes characters I want. I bet he scrapped Takamaru just because I wanted him "You want these characters? **** you, I'm cutting one of your mains"

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Man I really hope HAL makes a sequel to Kirby super star I mean super star is a master piece and loved by all kirby fans and none kirby fans you think HAL would make future sequels out of this but no we got.......kirby and the rainbow curse....yay?(I don't hate rainbow curse BTW)
Super Star Ultra?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
We had KRTDL and KTD, a spinoff every now and then isn't even anything new for Kirby

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Rainbow Curse looks like a solid game with solid level design and obviously a new platforming style. It's still a fine game but I feel the same way. It's good and it's NEW but I'm not really hype, personally.

It's good for Canvas Curse fans who wanted more of that gameplay. Would have been cooler if Drawcia came back for that game and powers remained but whatever. Seems like some Canvas Curse fans liked it more and some canvas curse fans found it inferior. I think I've read 3 reviews where fans disliked it more than CC. One person from the boards here said they liked it more. *shrugs*

For fans of Canvas Curse who played Rainbow Curse, how did you feel about Kirby's speed in this game? He moves faster. Does this mess you up more and feel more unwieldy or is this an improvement?

Guess I could open my copy and check but regardless I haven't played Canvas Curse in years to compare better. I'd have to go through the trouble of playing both.

Also I wouldn't call either RtDL or TD a sequel to KSS. Powers are similar though but they play slower and with less gameplay mixing. Maybe he means like a straight up sequel of the original game. Though there is KSSU with more content.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For me I find kirby and the rainbow curse a good game but very inferior to canvas curse I mean no copy ability nothing new to bring beside multiplayer and amiibo and the final boss was a Squeak Squad 2.0 the ones being possessed put up a better challenge (daroach and claycia) and the other final boss are pathetically easy(dark nebula and dark crafter) in short I had found fun playing kirby and the rainbow curse and I love it claymation art style(even if I can't watch it on my HD TV because I have to glue my eyes on the gamepad) it level are unique and fun but to me kirby and the Canvas Curse is melee and kirby and the rainbow curse is brawl of the kirby series I think that the best way to put it IMO.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I'm jealous of everyone who already has Splatoon. I can't believe I have to wait a whole week. Also, the Gamestop nearest to me has an absolutely pathetic amiibo display. Just wanted to say all this.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I made some extremely crappy propaganda for our good Dee. Sad thing is, I actually tried to make it look good :c.

(please don't kill me, I know it's bad)

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Was on the official Smash Bros website and I noticed WHY IS KIRBY SO MUCH SMALLER THAN ERYBODY ELSE I mean he's a small character but like that small?
That is just an artwork :ohwell:
That's also the reason of why Bowser is smaller than Peach
And Pikachu the same size as Fox :drwtf:

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Makes him cuter :3c

Kirby's canon size is 6 inches.
His canonical size is eight inches, not six, though. Those two inches make a difference when you're that short! :laugh: (Dedede may be twice that, but he's short too. The hammer's bigger than he is, at least in Smash!)

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
mmm, progress.

wait... Reserved.... what are you doing...

It just hit me that you darted into this thread and than out.

"obtaining this crown has been my ultimate goal all along!"

It was Magolor's plan all along to steal the crown. The idea that he was ALWAYS possessed removes the agency he had as a villain. I feel like Magolor's apologists are notorious for this. He has such a defending fanbase. I like Magolor too but it's clear it was his plan all a long and that he's manipulative. Where as Marx is a double crosser, he gets most of his pleasure at the mass consumption of power and is very impatient and brash. Once Kirby gets all the power needed to call forth Nova he shoves him aside laughing and going mad with power. His powers include ripping himself in half and mass consumption with black holes. A boss battle whose very gameplay, is symbolic of his nature as a villain. Magolor's tactic was to stick along the whole time and use more emotional manipulation. This sort of makes Magolor much more crueler because he's truly not afraid to use people AND emotionally betray them. Magolor was cruel the whole time as he played helpless. Marx used Kirby but didn't frame himself as a victim but instead falsely stated it would save Dreamland from the Sun & the Moon fighting. Magolor made himself seem like he was truly in need, truly grateful to Kirby. He stuck around and got closer to Kirby as he came by and delivered the parts. Even opening areas of the ship to Kirby. He said "Let's be friends forever"...He said he liked dreamland. Than as Kirby and the gang got the crown he took it from them. Not only betraying the heroes from reaching their goal of helping a person in need, but betraying their friendship. He may have become possessed by the crown but I don't believe this happened UNTIL he got his hands on it. It's no wonder it's so satisfying, that Kirby uses a sword the size of a building to slash him as his finishing move.

Also I sort of like Marx and Magolor's tactics of betrayel. Sure it's unoriginal but think about it...

Why DO they betray? They need great power so why don't they get it themselves. WHY do they ask Kirby?

Because Kirby is the strongest being on their planet and in order to control dreamland, Kirby's villains try outrageous things or come from other worlds. However Kirby is Dreamland's guardian. He is also unknowingly Dreamland's greatest threat as well and maybe that's why Magolor and Marx used him. Maybe it's why King Dedede actually acquired the food in dreamland and maybe why he fights him.. only slowly growing to trust him as an ally. Maybe it's why Metaknight wanted the 'lazy folk' of dreamland to change. Maybe it's why a similar looking puffball like Galacta Knight was locked up in his time/world. Maybe it's why Dark Metaknight and Necrodeus tried to break down his power by splitting him up.

Last edited:

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
wait... Reserved.... what are you doing...

It just hit me that you darted into this thread and than out.

"obtaining this crown has been my ultimate goal all along!"

It was Magolor's plan all along to steal the crown. The idea that he was ALWAYS possessed removes the agency he had as a villain. I feel like Magolor's apologists are notorious for this. He has such a defending fanbase. I like Magolor too but it's clear it was his plan all a long and that he's manipulative. Where as Marx is a double crosser, he gets most of his pleasure at the mass consumption of power and is very impatient and brash. Once Kirby gets all the power needed to call forth Nova he shoves him aside laughing and going mad with power. His powers include ripping himself in half and mass consumption with black holes. A boss battle whose very gameplay, is symbolic of his nature as a villain. Magolor's tactic was to stick along the whole time and use more emotional manipulation. This sort of makes Magolor much more crueler because he's truly not afraid to use people AND emotionally betray them. Magolor was cruel the whole time as he played helpless. Marx used Kirby but didn't frame himself as a victim but instead falsely stated it would save Dreamland from the Sun & the Moon fighting. Magolor made himself seem like he was truly in need, truly grateful to Kirby. He stuck around and got closer to Kirby as he came by and delivered the parts. Even opening areas of the ship to Kirby. He said "Let's be friends forever"...He said he liked dreamland. Than as Kirby and the gang got the crown he took it from them. Not only betraying the heroes from reaching their goal of helping a person in need, but betraying their friendship. He may have become possessed by the crown but I don't believe this happened UNTIL he got his hands on it. It's no wonder it's so satisfying, that Kirby uses a sword the size of a building to slash him as his finishing move.

Also I sort of like Marx and Magolor's tactics of betrayel. Sure it's unoriginal but think about it...

Why DO they betray? They need great power so why don't they get it themselves. WHY do they ask Kirby?

Because Kirby is the strongest being on their planet and in order to control dreamland, Kirby's villains try outrageous things or come from other worlds. However Kirby is Dreamland's guardian. He is also unknowingly Dreamland's greatest threat as well and maybe that's why Magolor and Marx used him. Maybe it's why King Dedede actually acquired the food in dreamland and maybe why he fights him.. only slowly growing to trust him as an ally. Maybe it's why Metaknight wanted the 'lazy folk' of dreamland to change. Maybe it's why a similar looking puffball like Galacta Knight was locked up in his time/world. Maybe it's why Dark Metaknight and Necrodeus tried to break down his power by splitting him up.
Reserved hasn't been on this thread in a long time. what happened to him?

Top Bottom