• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

Guys, calm down. Its just an early setup of the stream (presumably in preparation so the stream isn't horrible quality like all the Youtube videos you see within the first 15 minutes of their upload) thats counting down for Sunday. As of now its going to start in 1 day, 7 hours, 45 minutes, and 30 seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:

MetaKobra

Smash Cadet
I found a pretty heartwarming comic about Bandana Dee:

(Plus something even greater after) Trust me, it's worth it...

CE__Life_As_A_Waddle_Dee_by_LouatakaEchidna.png

Wait... This only said Waddle Dee... Looks like I'm going to have to fix that! :troll:
(@ Chalo5000 Chalo5000 will find this extra appealing)!..... :drohyou:

CE__Life_As_A_Waddle_Dee_by_LouatakaEchidna-Final-Edited-(1)-(1).jpg

This took me about 5 hours to do, but it was worth it! :p

(I was testing some of my Photoshop skills)

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Burruni Love your new profile pic man ;).
I retroactively realised how well her expression works with every kind of comment I make.

Either that kind of sassy insult, the attemptedly intelligent but often in depth approach to a subject, or just making some little in-joke.

D

Deleted member

I retroactively realised how well her expression works with every kind of comment I make.

Either that kind of sassy insult, the attemptedly intelligent but often in depth approach to a subject, or just making some little in-joke.
Well not to toot my own horn but I'm also a pretty funny guy myself :chuckle:.

random rendum

Smash Journeyman

what about that clownfish?

anyway I doubt artsy omni will do the dee because hed get backlash, we dunno if he said it or not, I wouldn't care about backlash if I made a fan smash game

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I found a pretty heartwarming comic about Bandana Dee:

(Plus something even greater after) Trust me, it's worth it...

View attachment 54057

Wait... This only said Waddle Dee... Looks like I'm going to have to fix that! :troll:
(@ Chalo5000 Chalo5000 will find this extra appealing)!..... :drohyou:

View attachment 54059

This took me about 5 hours to do, but it was worth it! :p

(I was testing some of my Photoshop skills)
My sides. :rotfl:

anyway I doubt artsy omni will do the dee because hed get backlash, we dunno if he said it or not, I wouldn't care about backlash if I made a fan smash game
Omni seems to be doing a duo and Geno next, and Isaac is in the works, apparently. I kind of doubt he would make Bandana Dee though, as his RtDL and Triple Deluxe artworks are kind of close to the Smash style already.

:231:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
what about that clownfish?

If he cared about backlash he wouldn't have done Travis;). Besides he's going to backlash regardless of who he actually does, by angry fanboys of other characters.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi

Omni seems to be doing a duo and Geno next, and Isaac is in the works, apparently. I kind of doubt he would make Bandana Dee though, as his RtDL and Triple Deluxe artworks are kind of close to the Smash style already.

Then again isn't he supposed to honor his word and do the most requested character or is it just random? IDK I never liked Artsy to be honest. (Never saw his terms for Smashified a.k.a.)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Then again isn't he supposed to honor his word and do the most requested character or is it just random? IDK I never liked Artsy to be honest. (Never saw his terms for Smashified a.k.a.)
I don't follow him much, so don't know word for word what he said, buuut considering he's doing it for free.... we don't have much a right to say anything even if he doesn't follow what he initially said. Although, it would be better if he did follow requests rather than do whoever he wants.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I want an HD Bandana Dee model.
We have the Rainbow Curse one, but it's made of clay.

KatRC_Bandana_Waddle_Dee_artwork_4.png

EDIT: LOL

He did an Smashified version of a character with like 1000 HD artworks.
Spam the 2 videos with Bandana Dee comments.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I'm not trying to discourage other Kirby characters from being considered for smash because I don't want them in. I think Dark Matter Swordsman is cool and I like Magolor and Galacta Knight as options as well. I am also personally bias to Marx but I just honestly don't think other Kirby reps have as much of a chance as BDee because I feel that characters are legit chosen a certain way. I'm just going by the characters that already and have existed across smash on the various rosters. The characters all seem to have a level of relevancy for their franchise that is seemly high and goes beyond side support, cameos, or a few to no reoccurance from their first appearance.

I REALLY want Kirby to get a rep in Smash because I love Kirby and I honestly feel that BDee is the most likely. Personally I'm not into Ado but I also don't hate her? I just have zero attachment to her and I wouldn't be personally excited if she's in. I wouldn't really feel anything tbh just general disinterest. I guess I would still be okay and happy for the franchise if characters like Magolor, Galacta Knight, Dark Matter Swordsman, Marx, Dark Metaknight, Daroach, Taranza, or Marx got in even if I see them as equally unlikely and I'm not really supporting them right now. Just because these reps would still be appreciated plus I'm interested. I guess I would still be pretty excited and happy. Any other characters would be a disappointment for me personally since I don't personally care about them. I would just lose interest in smash all together since there's more excitement to be had following Kirby's traditional outings like Triple Deluxe.

Troykv

Smash Master
I want an HD Bandana Dee model.
We have the Rainbow Curse one, but it's made of clay.

View attachment 54128

EDIT: LOL

He did an Smashified version of a character with like 1000 HD artworks.
Spam the 2 videos with Bandana Dee comments.
The Splatoon's hype bothers me a lot... Please before I didn't have a reason to don't like the possibility the they in Smash 4...

But now... Why people? This guys will be shoo-in for Smash 5... the ballot should help older chars.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
"Let's take characters who are already in the Smash artstyle and make it in Smash artstyle!"-Dumbs
After Bandana Dee I'd like Galacta Knight, indifferent to everything else
I was surprised that Galacta Knight couldn't have been a alt costume for Metaknight. Than again maybe he'd have his own unique attacks. He fights with a lance which is a bit different but not sure if it's got the length Bdee's Spear. He also has a shield which is interesting now that I think about it...

He could have a moveset that implements his light sword projectiles, his shield and lance. He is more interesting than I had previously assumed.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I was surprised that Galacta Knight couldn't have been a alt costume for Metaknight. Than again maybe he'd have his own unique attacks. He fights with a lance which is a bit different but not sure if it's got the length Bdee's Spear. He also has a shield which is interesting now that I think about it...

He could have a moveset that implements his light sword projectiles, his shield and lance. He is more interesting than I had previously assumed.
Sadly, all I can think of here is how this could potentially lead to cries along the lines of "DARK PIT! :mad:", for some reason. :laugh:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

We don't have Shiny pokemon, we have 2 green Luigi colours, Pac-Man's colours, etc.
Not to mention his flame pillars, sword beams and other projectiles are promising.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi

But Galacta Knight is an alt.

Attachments

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

And Ridley, don't forget about him. Some users were able to spot files wth his name in the full Travis video.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Pretty sure she means like Alph. That's not really possible because the shield exists
This. Also the horns on the mask and the angel wings instead of bat wings. I mere color palette similarity isn't much. If he were at least a costume alt like Alph I would have been please.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Hmm well after all it's after Sakurai left so it might be his bias :/
I keep seeing this mentioned, and now I'm curious: Is there any proof of this bias that is beyond what could just as easily be mere coincidence? If so, are there any pointers so I can learn more, please? (I ask as Kirby's Final Smash, for example, is from a fairly recent game, and some tunes from Kirby's Return to Dream Land are used in Smash Wii U.)

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
I predict about 3 months..Splatoon really wasn't ready for release

Yo I was thinking of Parodying this.

Of course adding Bandanna Dee and some unlikely Smash ballot character.

In the next three months Splatoon will get more modes and weapons
And they probably won't stop there
Also, there's SquidBoards and a lot of Youtubers keeping the hype alive
I don't think that you understand the power of a game like this :drshrug:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I keep seeing this mentioned, and now I'm curious: Is there any proof of this bias that is beyond what could just as easily be mere coincidence? If so, are there any pointers so I can learn more, please? (I ask as Kirby's Final Smash, for example, is from a fairly recent game, and some tunes from Kirby's Return to Dream Land are used in Smash Wii U.)
I did say MIGHT.

but let me take a crack at ya :3

We got some of the worst representative music for modern Kirby games

Instead of giving Dedede a final smash that made ANY sense we got Dedede Burst

I feel the only reason we got Ultra Sword is because even more people would call him out for keeping his Cook Kirby final smash

Not only on the Kirby franchise
Kid Icarus too except opposite

90% of Smash run enemies are from KI

We got some of the most impressive stages from KI (3DS)

Palutena's customs unlocked from the start

Then again maybe I'm over thinking this.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
All the franchises have stages from their more recent games (Wii, 3DS or Wii U), except for Kirby and the retros.

:4mario:: Galaxy, Mario Kart 8
:4dk:: DKCR
:4pikachu:: X/Y
:4yoshi:: Wooly World
:4wario:: Game & Wario
:4link:: SS
:4marth:: Awakening
:4pit:: Uprising
:4samus:: Other M
:4olimar:: Pikmin 3
:4villager:: New Leaf
:4sonic:: Lost World
:4falcon::4fox::4littlemac::4mii::4wiifit:: Stage from their last games, maybe not recent games, but the newer.
:4duckhunt::4gaw::4megaman::4pacman::4rob:: Retros and Third Party characters with their classic designs, don't count.
:4ness::4shulk:: No Mother 3 stage because Lucas wasn't in the initial roster and no Xenoblade Chronicles X because Shulk is not even in that game.
:4kirby:: Super Star, wow!!!!

That, my friend, is why we say Sakurai is biased.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
All the franchises have stages from their more recent games (Wii, 3DS or Wii U), except for Kirby and the retros.

:4mario:: Galaxy, Mario Kart 8
:4dk:: DKCR
:4pikachu:: X/Y
:4yoshi:: Wooly World
:4wario:: Game & Wario
:4link:: SS
:4marth:: Awakening
:4pit:: Uprising
:4samus:: Other M
:4olimar:: Pikmin 3
:4villager:: New Leaf
:4sonic:: Lost World
:4falcon::4fox::4littlemac::4mii::4wiifit:: Stage from their last games, maybe not recent games, but the newer.
:4duckhunt::4gaw::4megaman::4pacman::4rob:: Retros and Third Party characters with their classic designs, don't count.
:4ness::4shulk:: No Mother 3 stage because Lucas wasn't in the initial roster and no Xenoblade Chronicles X because Shulk is not even in that game.
:4kirby:: Super Star, wow!!!!

That, my friend, is why we say Sakurai is biased.
The Fire Emblem Stage in Wii U looks more like a generic Akanea Colliseum (FE1, FE3, FE11 and FE12) or they called it xD

D

Deleted member

I'm I the only one here that doesn't believe sakurai is bias and everyone is just overthinking it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom