• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

No no, I mean, you start a spoiler tag with ( spoiler ) but with brackets. You need to close them at the end of your posts with ( /spoiler ) because otherwise, when someone tries to respond, their entire comment is in a spoiler box unless they edit it.
OOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So what would you guys think if I got some users from the Kirby Wiki to help us?

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Guys. Bandana Dee has a lot more supporters than you think. Like, we wouldn't even NEED users from the Kirby wiki to help support. If we did, it would be overkill. The main problem is that people won't speak out for the little guy. They're too afraid they might get backlash. That won't happen unless we show them we're just like them. People who want the DEE!!!:rotfl:
You all can get users from the wiki, but remember this: I've done research, and on one site (I forget the name) Basically everyone there was a BD supporter! Loads of people on miiverse want him too! How can they speak out if they're too afraid?! Therefore, go far and wide!!!!!!!! Tell them they are NOT alone! BANDANA DEE FOR DeeLC-- yeah I'm just trying to sound dramatic. It's ok if we get some wiki supporters. :lol:

D

Deleted member

Hey guys here is a game theory video about kirby epic yarn if you are interested

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Also, remember to use the name Bandana DeeLC or something when you play online.
Just "DeeLC" is not a good idea because a lot of people don't know what that is.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
I must admit: I do want Bandana Dee in Smash 4, although for different reasons: I'm working on a story about some newcomers arriving at the Smash Mansion, and Bandana Dee is one of them. He's turning out to be really fun to write for (I'm writing him as sort of a snarky straight man to Kirby and Pit)

So yeah, that doesn't diminish the fact that I want him in, right?

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
I must admit: I do want Bandana Dee in Smash 4, although for different reasons: I'm working on a story about some newcomers arriving at the Smash Mansion, and Bandana Dee is one of them. He's turning out to be really fun to write for (I'm writing him as sort of a snarky straight man to Kirby and Pit)

So yeah, that couldn't diminish the fact that I want him in, right?
Thats great I'm making a smash fan fiction as well.....

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
No. Worries Ghostly Lure its not what u think its just my interpretation of how mega man got in smash bros
I put a Chapter called Bandanas when I introduce Bandana Dee :b:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Say guys what do you think of the idea of Kirby music having lyrics? were do this idea come from you ask will I been listening to Attack! as daily usual and I read a youtube comment by the name of Shard Gaming and he wrote his own lyrics to Attack! here is the comment

"Who is he? Who is he? Why is he trying to take over this world? Why are you trying to fight me? I need to save dedede. I shall not fail. I will be victor-ious. I see that you made it here. We will fight inside, in here. You stand no chance against me. Hey! I dodged that. Hey! I dodged that. I will stop at no cost so I will save dedede! Oh look It's Kirby. Oh look It's Kirby. I will stop at no cost so you cannot stop me! Dedede! Dedede! Dedede! Dedede! Dedede! Dedede! Dedede! I will save you NOW! Repeat."

Pretty Catchy huh? so what do you all think should the kirby series have music with lyrics and singers or do you think I'm being crazy as usual?

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
Say guys what do you think of the idea of Kirby music having lyrics? were do this idea come from you ask will I been listening to Attack! as daily usual and I read a youtube comment by the name of Shard Gaming and he wrote his own lyrics to Attack! here is the comment

"Who is he? Who is he? Why is he trying to take over this world? Why are you trying to fight me? I need to save dedede. I shall not fail. I will be victor-ious. I see that you made it here. We will fight inside, in here. You stand no chance against me. Hey! I dodged that. Hey! I dodged that. I will stop at no cost so I will save dedede! Oh look It's Kirby. Oh look It's Kirby. I will stop at no cost so you cannot stop me! Dedede! Dedede! Dedede! Dedede! Dedede! Dedede! Dedede! I will save you NOW! Repeat."

Pretty Catchy huh? so what do you all think should the kirby series have music with lyrics and singers or do you think I'm being crazy as usual?
Loving the lyrics man.........

Masked dedede remix

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

Lyrics wouldn't fit in a Kirby game. And if they did put lyrics in a Kirby song, it would turn out like the the Donkey Kong Country Returns theme with vocals. (Although that was pretty amusing.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Why? In the mirror world, Shadow Kirby failed to stop Dark Meta Knight in Revenge of the Meta Knight. Hence, Dark Meta Knight overthrew Dedede, and killed him. This can explain the lack of pupils in Shadow Dedede that we later see from Triple Deluxe, that he is a lifeless shell now used by Dark Meta Knight, who is fought by King Dedede right afterward.
I just wanted to say two things here.

1: You're one of those rare people who noticed that overthrowing aspect from Revenge of Meta Knight. I like the way you think with your whole theory here, too. ;)

2: In Kirby's Adventure, it's noted that Meta Knight is a friend of Dedede's. I do wonder what happened between then and Revenge of Meta Knight to prompt the attempt to usurp the throne using a gigantic battleship. All that to overthrow one penguin and steal his kingdom? Must've been one hell of a falling-out. :laugh:

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I don't think spin-offs of Kirby are meant to "evolve" Kirby, they are meant to innovate the platforming genre I think. One of the biggest part of the appeal of Kirby to me is this trend to innovate the platforming genre (I still think that Kirby Tilt'n'Tumble is one of the most ingenious games ever). 2D platforming is my favorite genre of videogames, and today Kirby is the only IP that tries to do something new with that, if you exclude some obscure indy games.
I appreciate attempts like Boxboy too, I haven't played it yet but I will sooner or later.
My only problem with Boxboy is that, it has a cool innovative gameplay concept, but it also removes lots of those aspects that make Kirby so awesome, like music, visuals, depth, world development etc. or at least so it looks on my first impression, and this may change since I haven't played it yet. But yeah, I'm fine with new IPs as long as they make them as good as the classic ones, with attention to little details (a thing that Boxboy, sadly, seems to lack of, taking inspiration from indy games like vvvvvv that are very simple and focus on just the core of the gameplay).
But one of the most iconic traits of the Kirby series is having spin-offs that use creative gameplay ideas, so I don't see the issue if they use the Kirby IP doing that; again, this is one of the reasons why I love Kirby, I'd be disappointed if they transform it into another New Super Mario Bros like series.

To conclude this, I want to state that I said I usually prefer the spin-offs because have original gameplay ideas, but this doesn't mean that I don't like the traditional games, I just prefer innovation over nostalgia.
I don't think it's a stated goal anywhere that Kirby spinoffs are meant to evolve platforming as a whole. I do feel they are interesting ideas HAL has that probably wouldn't get published if it weren't for Kirby (or at least as easily.) Lets face it, developers are scared of risk and although HAL is more than capable of shooting out original IPs all of which could "evolve platforming" on their own without needing Kirby in them, it's riskier. When people see HAL they expect Kirby and when people see Nintendo they expect one of their major icons. It's why Feel Good ended up making a Kirby game and now a Yarn Yoshi. There's no denying this fact, that Nintendo puts their mascots on new games ideas they are wary of.

Kirby as a figure isn't actually needed to "evolve" platforming, because he is merely an avatar. A ball character could be designed differently all together and placed in a Canvas Curse-like title or other little creatures could be put in Mass Attack and it would not change what is actually "evolving" platforming... and that's the gameplay itself.

I'm not convinced that is the goal of Kirby or part of his Identity. It's more HAL rationalizing this aspect of the industry and using a mascot they made famous to sell other ideas. It also doesn't negate the fact that these diversions aren't polishing Kirby's main abilities and evolving those. Galaxy as a pure Mario game, with great ideas, didn't need to sacrifice Mario's main abilities and gameplay to achieve greatness. I would consider Galaxy more an evolution to platforming as a whole than even the recent Kirby spinoffs.

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
When Bandana Dee gets announced, what will his tagline be? I think it will either be "Bandana Dee Waddles Into Battle!" or "Bandana Dee Cuts the Competition!" There was one last one I came up with. "Bandana Dee is at your Service!"

D

Deleted member

When Bandana Dee gets announced, what will his tagline be? I think it will either be "Bandana Dee Waddles Into Battle!" or "Bandana Dee Cuts the Competition!" There was one last one I came up with. "Bandana Dee is at your Service!"
for me I want his tagline to be"Bandana waddle dee ******* can't handle the dee! :troll:"

D

Deleted member

Since he'll have won the Smash Ballot, obviously it'll be:
Bandana Dee
You Wanted the Dee ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)!

Last edited by a moderator:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Top Bottom