• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

Everyone please respect Iko MattOrr opinion I mean I also disagree with some of your guys unpopular kirby opinion like how most of you don't like marx or magolor but I still respect and understand you're opinion so please do the same for Iko MattOrr.

If there's going to be a "modern Kirby" stage to be coupled with BanD, what do you guys think it will be?
Eternal dreamland from kirby triple deluxe

Last edited by a moderator:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Okay, I finally ended liking all the posts XD
So here are more opinions XD (I just can't stop I was reading and I got more ideas :p)
- I like Magolor and I didn't thought that he would betray Kirby :ohwell:
- I like Meta Knight's voice in Smash, it suits him perfectly
@ Chalo5000 Chalo5000 No seriously,what's wrong with Dark Matter fusing with Bandana Dee to become Waddle Doo?
Why would Bandana Dee be possesed by Dark Matter :glare:
- Also, the main reason of why I dislike Dark Matter is because when a new villian appears everyone thinks that he is related in some way, I just hate it :grrr:
@Putuk Dat signature :drwtf:

D

Deleted member

So here are more opinions XD (I just can't stop I was reading and I got more ideas :p)

- Also, the main reason of why I dislike Dark Matter is because when a new villian appears everyone thinks that he is related in some way, I just hate it :grrr:
Yeah I been meaning to ask this why do you and Chandelure give all of us here so many like eveytime we all make a post?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

In my opinion it's widely inferior to Meta Knight from KRBAY, but we all know who has the best voice in that show. :troll:

D

Deleted member

the three most underrated kirby IMHO is

infenite power/dark area

Mountains in an Angry Sky

Volcanic Panic

Troykv

Smash Master
I like the Meta Knight's Japanese Voice (I don't listen the English Anime Dub's one, and the English Smash's one sounds SO dark and edgy xD)

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Say do you all have any idea of a new Kirby villain you want to see?
Moar Dark matter (Generic I know) Zero 3 Pleeeaaassssseeee.

Random question that's been on my mind way too much, is Sectonia + Flower stronger or weaker than Magolor Soul? I mean neither required some sacred weapon for Kirby to beat them with, but Magolor Soul had to fight Kirby + Bandana Dee + DeDeDe + Meta knight all at once ,while Sectonia required Hypernova to beat, and I really don't know how to compare those at all. I'd guess Magolor Soul would be stronger, but my bias might overly cloud my judgement. (Look at my sig)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For me the new Kirby villain I like to see to be based on Ares the Greek god of war.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Say do you all have any idea of a new Kirby villain you want to see?
Again, a mechanic boss :upsidedown:
This is like the third time someone asks this :drwtf:
And I think that two of these three were you :p
? there is?
I supppppport :3
I don't know
You tell me :dr^_^:
Moar Dark matter (Generic I know)

Random question that's been on my mind way too much, is Sectonia + Flower stronger or weaker than Magolor Soul? I mean neither required some sacred weapon, but Mago Soul had all Kirby + Bandana Dee + DeDeDe + Meta while Sectonia required Hypernova, and I really don't know how to compare those at all. I'd guess Magolor Soul would be stronger, but my bias might overly cloud my judgement. (Look at my sig)
I'm saying stronger
I just don't know what means:
"Mago Soul had all Kirby + Bandana Dee + DeDeDe + Meta"
:drshrug:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Moar Dark matter (Generic I know)

Random question that's been on my mind way too much, is Sectonia + Flower stronger or weaker than Magolor Soul? I mean neither required some sacred weapon, but Mago Soul had all Kirby + Bandana Dee + DeDeDe + Meta while Sectonia required Hypernova, and I really don't know how to compare those at all. I'd guess Magolor Soul would be stronger, but my bias might overly cloud my judgement. (Look at my sig)
Will Magolor say and I quote "The source of limitless power...The Master Crown!" so I agree magolor is more powerful then queen sectonia I still love both of the characters equal.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I still can't believe I actually wrote that :facepalm:. I mean't to say Magolor Soul fought against kirby, Meta Knight, DeDeDe and Dee all at once, but I did something commonly known as "failing".:lol:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Will Magolor say and I quote "The source of limitless power...The Master Crown!" so I agree magolor is more powerful then queen sectonia I still love both of the characters equal.
It's funny because you believe him :p
Just because someone says "THE SOURCE OF LIMITLESS POWER", it doesn't means that he is actually USING all the power
Sectonia came back from the death 4 times, and the last time she ate FOUR FREAKIN' MIRACLE FRUITS
That's not healthy :drshrug:
I still can't believe I actually wrote that :facepalm:. I mean't to say Magolor Soul fought against kirby, Meta Knight, DeDeDe and Dee all at once, but I did something commonly known as "failing".:lol:
:troll:
I don't think that fighting against the four main characters really gave anyone an advantage
So as I said before, Sectonia is stronger
"You would stand against me the Ruler of the heavens?" - Sectonia
Sectonia is srs bsness yo :drflip:

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Again, a mechanic boss :upsidedown:
This is like the third time someone asks this :drwtf:
And I think that two of these three were you :p

I don't know
You tell me :dr^_^:

I'm saying stronger
I just don't know what means:
I just found it boi...I took it into my own hands..Still I wanna share the idea here if that's ok :/

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Magolor Soul has the Master Crown, a limitless source of power, while Soul of Sectonia has the power of the Dreamstalk and four Miracle Fruits. I think that Magolor Soul is stronger, but Soul of Sectonia is almost as strong as him.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Topman was made to explore outer space, why would he be selling bandanas? (Looks it up) Why would you name your clothing store after a toy?
Unrelated fun fact: The reason why Topman in Megaman 3 has such an odd weapon that has such limited use in the game as a weakness is because he was originally meant to have a completely different weapon but the entirety of the data was lost when an intern tripped over a power cord and unplugged the computer which it was being worked on, forever losing the data. Top Spin was made in a rush as a fill in for a weapon.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Unpopular Kirby opinions:
-Kirby Superstar is overrated; The only part that I really enjoyed of it is the Dynablade chapter but it's too short, and the great cave offensive is annoying, especially the underground tower (though I love Amazing Mirror, because I think it improved the metroidvania concept in the right way).
-I prefer Kirby's spin-offs more than the main games; I love how creative some gameplay ideas are in those games, while I think the main games are a bit stale and the same every time (this does not apply to every game, is a general thought, there are special cases like Triple Deluxe, that's awesomely made and it's impossible for me to not love it).
-I don't like having a recurring villain. I love Dark Matters to death, but I don't want them to return (well, maybe as cameos or reference, but not as characters).
-I don't like Marx, I like Magolor even less, because he is a Marx rip-off and I don't like rip-off characters; Also, I think Magolor is one of the most bland character of Kirby's history (his bossfight was bland, not epic at all, and his personality is complete nonsense) and it bothers me when the developers insist putting him as a cameo everywhere.
-I kinda hate when people think that every red thing in Kirby is blood. When I played the Zero battle for the first time, I never thought that it was blood; Zero is a cloud of darkness, and he uses that red thing to attack you before exploding. I think it's just red-colored matter, and being a cloud, it doesn't have any blood; he's not even solid. Dark Metaknight's "blood" is ridicolous, I didn't even noticed it before reading about that on Internet.
-I think Zero and Zero2 are influenced by an Evangelion movie (it's very disturbing, I suggest to not search about it unless you're aware of what you're searching for). The red thing was LCL in the anime, I think the color scheme of Zero is a reference to that (kinda like Super Sonic is a referencce to Dragonball Z).
-I hate super abilities and hypernova. They are boring to use and forced. When I reach the hypernova part of a level I usually pause and quit.
-Kirby's Dreamland 3 is the best Kirby game, and it's a piece of art.
-Visually, I prefer Kirby without ability hat. Now the ability hat are very integrated to the series and I don't pretend them to be removed (I also think that some hats are cool), but I prefered when Kirby had no hats, because It makes it feel like if Kirby has that ability because he has that hat on his head, not because he copied it from the enemy... it's hard to explain, but makes me think that the power comes from the hat and not from Kirby (kinda like Mario's power come from the power ups he collects during his adventures, and not by himself). Also, I feel like the hats are limiting Kirby's possibilities to transform himself... basically he transforms himself only with the rock and wheel ability, while in the games with no hats, he can transform himself a lot more.
-For a character, relevance to the plot or being playable doesn't make it important. To be important, a character has to influence the subsequent games, even if it doesn't come back directly. Because of this, I think that characters like Drawcia are very important, since lots of elements in the modern games are inspired by her and her game; on the other hand, characters like Gooey are completely irrelevant since it hasn't influenced the series in any way.

-and well, I'm sorry to say it in the Bandana Dee support thread, but I can't hide it, I don't like Bandana Dee and I think that he's taking the spot of other characters. (I disagree with the argument that's generic, but I dislike it anyway because I think that as a character he's unoriginal and doesn't add much to Kirby's universe); I'm fine with him appearing in games, as long as he remains a Dedede minion and not a main character.
I'm not surprised you don't like traditional Kirby more. You prefer Kirby when he's less of his actual self. Those traditional titles are certainly not dull or if considered dull than it's because you're no longer the target audience. They fill a void that most platformers intermediate and above just don't fill anymore. Which is fine if you've moved on and it's fine if you prefer Kirby this way. I first got into Kirby with Kirby's Dreamland and I love him as the puffball who consumes things. So I really prefer him when his utmost identity is upheld and evolved. It's my preference. Seems sad that Kirby's very iconic abilities are less preferred by some and by critics than his traditional outings because I doubt the day people say the same of other gaming icons. Never will there be the day that Mario has to give up stomping enemies or Link dungeon crawling for the master key... but Kirby... he should be a ball instead.

It's okay if you're not into BDee it's sort of irrelevant in this thread. We obviously feel different. I don't think BDee is a waste or unoriginal because... as far as I know there are no other spear users or Waddle Dee of his rank and importance. I suppose you can see him as uninteresting if you want Ado more though.

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I'm not surprised you don't like traditional Kirby more. You prefer Kirby when he's less of his actual self. Those traditional titles are certainly not dull or if considered dull than it's because you're no longer the target audience. They fill a void that most platformers intermediate and above just don't fill anymore. Which is fine if you've on and it's fine if you prefer Kirby this way. I first got into Kirby with Kirby's Dreamland and I love him as the puffball who consumes things, that I love. So I really prefer him when his utmost identity is upheld and evolved. It's my preference.

It's okay if you're not into BDee it's sort of irrelevant in this thread. We obviously feel different. I don't think BDee is a waste or unoriginal because... as far as I know there are no other spear users or Waddle Dee of his rank and importance. I suppose you can see him as uninteresting if you want Ado more though.
Speaking of that sorry @Iko MattOrr wasn't having the best morning today.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Speaking of that sorry @Iko MattOrr wasn't having the best morning today.
Meh... not my issue. I'm having a fine day. They win for unpopular opininon in this thread though. Someone Photoshop them a trophy.

Notthing says unpopular like going into the very character thread we all support and saying the character is unoriginal and destroying other character's chances (good). Pretty sure that's the winning opinion which they can have.

Opinions form other opinions so. Goes with the territory.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
May 29, the day all of our hopes and dreams will be crushed. Why must I have finals on the 29th, my school planner is Satan's reincarnation I tell ya.

D

Deleted member

I already own a Metaknight Amiibo. I have all 3.
My beautiful and powerful Kirby_Queen you don't REALLY need all 3 meta knight amiibo do you? why don't you email one of them to someone like me......pretty please?

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Sorry for my ignorance, but what's with May 29? :confused:
The day amiibo wave 4 and certain restocks open up in retail. Which also means I'll never get a affordable Jigglypuff or Meta Knight (my two mains) :crying:. These things sell ridiculousy fast, the preorders for Greninja went downafter a MINUTE. Yes, a entire minute was all it took. And then the scalpers sell this stuff for like 20$ above suggested price. It's insane.

Last edited:
Top Bottom