• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478

Bandana Dee doesn't even appear :mad:
Watch Mojo make good Top 10. But this one just plain... Suck. Suck really bad...

BUTTHURT RANT BEGINS IN 3...2...1...

Isaac is the best. Even Jwitz talk about it.
Mike johns is a better choice and use move like Yo-yo Kirby. He use YO-yo as normal attacks.
RYU? Nah, Sukapon is the real deal, it was Nintendo first attempt a Street fighter game, literally with robots.
MK III from custom Robo is soo badass, Is a crime is not a Assist Trophies.
Karate Joe or any Rhythm character are the best choice for a rhythm character and Warioware REAL Rivals.
Not even Shovel Knight, Shantae or even Rayman. Like really? (At least they got Bomberman)
Bandana Dee is Badass. Use spear and becoming more important in each franchise.
Chibi-Robo is very popular in Japan, Is gear cleaning set can make a great moveset.

There litelarry better character out there

Too many third party choice.

END OF RANT!

Unpopular Kirby Opinions...
-Leaf is the best copy ability ever.
-Yo-yo need to comeback.
-We need another metroidvania Kirby like amazing Mirror with online gameplay.
-Beam is cool is Kirby adventure but Suck in Nightmare in Dream Land.
-Mass Attack minigames were more fun than the real games and have the best mini-game in any kirby game, behind see Crystal Shards and Triple Deluxe.
-Triple Deluxe is my favorite and Squeak Squad is my least, but...
-Animal, Bubble, Cupid and Magic Should Return.

I don't have too many unpopular opinions because I don't know how to hate Kirbys game.
I like to play just for fun.

FUN.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
So... a random question... what is Dedede's Final Smash?
Seriously, it is really random and generic.

Dedede used bombs like two times, in the eggs minigame and in Kirby Mass Attack.
I don't get it.
At the very least he uses an Inhale that's actually as large as it is in the games.
Just think of the Final Smash as "Dedede commits terrorism".

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Unpopular Kirby opinions:
-Kirby Superstar is overrated; The only part that I really enjoyed of it is the Dynablade chapter but it's too short, and the great cave offensive is annoying, especially the underground tower (though I love Amazing Mirror, because I think it improved the metroidvania concept in the right way).
-I prefer Kirby's spin-offs more than the main games; I love how creative some gameplay ideas are in those games, while I think the main games are a bit stale and the same every time (this does not apply to every game, is a general thought, there are special cases like Triple Deluxe, that's awesomely made and it's impossible for me to not love it).
-I don't like having a recurring villain. I love Dark Matters to death, but I don't want them to return (well, maybe as cameos or reference, but not as characters).
-I don't like Marx, I like Magolor even less, because he is a Marx rip-off and I don't like rip-off characters; Also, I think Magolor is one of the most bland character of Kirby's history (his bossfight was bland, not epic at all, and his personality is complete nonsense) and it bothers me when the developers insist putting him as a cameo everywhere.
-I kinda hate when people think that every red thing in Kirby is blood. When I played the Zero battle for the first time, I never thought that it was blood; Zero is a cloud of darkness, and he uses that red thing to attack you before exploding. I think it's just red-colored matter, and being a cloud, it doesn't have any blood; he's not even solid. Dark Metaknight's "blood" is ridicolous, I didn't even noticed it before reading about that on Internet.
-I think Zero and Zero2 are influenced by an Evangelion movie (it's very disturbing, I suggest to not search about it unless you're aware of what you're searching for). The red thing was LCL in the anime, I think the color scheme of Zero is a reference to that (kinda like Super Sonic is a referencce to Dragonball Z).
-I hate super abilities and hypernova. They are boring to use and forced. When I reach the hypernova part of a level I usually pause and quit.
-Kirby's Dreamland 3 is the best Kirby game, and it's a piece of art.
-Visually, I prefer Kirby without ability hat. Now the ability hat are very integrated to the series and I don't pretend them to be removed (I also think that some hats are cool), but I prefered when Kirby had no hats, because It makes it feel like if Kirby has that ability because he has that hat on his head, not because he copied it from the enemy... it's hard to explain, but makes me think that the power comes from the hat and not from Kirby (kinda like Mario's power come from the power ups he collects during his adventures, and not by himself). Also, I feel like the hats are limiting Kirby's possibilities to transform himself... basically he transforms himself only with the rock and wheel ability, while in the games with no hats, he can transform himself a lot more.
-For a character, relevance to the plot or being playable doesn't make it important. To be important, a character has to influence the subsequent games, even if it doesn't come back directly. Because of this, I think that characters like Drawcia are very important, since lots of elements in the modern games are inspired by her and her game; on the other hand, characters like Gooey are completely irrelevant since it hasn't influenced the series in any way.

-and well, I'm sorry to say it in the Bandana Dee support thread, but I can't hide it, I don't like Bandana Dee and I think that he's taking the spot of other characters. (I disagree with the argument that's generic, but I dislike it anyway because I think that as a character he's unoriginal and doesn't add much to Kirby's universe); I'm fine with him appearing in games, as long as he remains a Dedede minion and not a main character.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
-Kirby Superstar is overrated; The only part that I really enjoyed of it is the Dynablade chapter but it's too short, and the great cave offensive is annoying, especially the underground tower (though I love Amazing Mirror, because I think it improved the metroidvania concept in the right way).
-I prefer Kirby's spin-offs more than the main games; I love how creative some gameplay ideas are in those games, while I think the main games are a bit stale and the same every time (this does not apply to every game, is a general thought, there are special cases like Triple Deluxe, that's awesomely made and it's impossible for me to not love it).
-I don't like having a recurring villain. I love Dark Matters to death, but I don't want them to return (well, maybe as cameos or reference, but not as characters).
-I don't like Marx, I like Magolor even less, because he is a Marx rip-off and I don't like rip-off characters; Also, I think Magolor is one of the most bland character of Kirby's history (his bossfight was bland, not epic at all, and his personality is complete nonsense) and it bothers me when the developers insist putting him as a cameo everywhere.
-I kinda hate when people think that every red thing in Kirby is blood. When I played the Zero battle for the first time, I never thought that it was blood; Zero is a cloud of darkness, and he uses that red thing to attack you before exploding. I think it's just red-colored matter, and being a cloud, it doesn't have any blood; he's not even solid. Dark Metaknight's "blood" is ridicolous, I didn't even noticed it before reading about that on Internet.
-I think Zero and Zero2 are influenced by an Evangelion movie (it's very disturbing, I suggest to not search about it unless you're aware of what you're searching for). The red thing was LCL in the anime, I think the color scheme of Zero is a reference to that (kinda like Super Sonic is a referencce to Dragonball Z).
-I hate super abilities and hypernova. They are boring to use and forced. When I reach the hypernova part of a level I usually pause and quit.
-Kirby's Dreamland 3 is the best Kirby game, and it's a piece of art.
-Visually, I prefer Kirby without ability hat. Now the ability hat are very integrated to the series and I don't pretend them to be removed (I also think that some hats are cool), but I prefered when Kirby had no hats, because It makes it feel like if Kirby has that ability because he has that hat on his head, not because he copied it from the enemy... it's hard to explain, but makes me think that the power comes from the hat and not from Kirby (kinda like Mario's power come from the power ups he collects during his adventures, and not by himself). Also, I feel like the hats are limiting Kirby's possibilities to transform himself... basically he transforms himself only with the rock and wheel ability, while in the games with no hats, he can transform himself a lot more.
-For a character, relevance to the plot or being playable doesn't make it important. To be important, a character has to influence the subsequent games, even if it doesn't come back directly. Because of this, I think that characters like Drawcia are very important, since lots of elements in the modern games are inspired by her and her game; on the other hand, characters like Gooey are completely irrelevant since it hasn't influenced the series in any way.

-and well, I'm sorry to say it in the Bandana Dee support thread, but I can't hide it, I don't like Bandana Dee and I think that he's taking the spot of other characters. (I disagree with the argument that's generic, but I dislike it anyway because I think that as a character he's unoriginal and doesn't add much to Kirby's universe); I'm fine with him appearing in games, as long as he remains a Dedede minion and not a main character.
wow good unpopular opinions cause I hated every one of them :D

I'm avoiding an argument as good as I can but I'm letting one slip thru

Adeleine is a generic painter who was a one and done character yet you supporters believe that she should be in Smash rather than a reoccuring character. Keychains don't count. Im sorry honestly I couldn't stand those opinions

Side note the thing is if HAL didn't want the 20th anniversary to be E10+ why didn't they censor it?

Atleast we all hate Magolor.

Last edited:
Taking the spot of other Kirby characters or characters in general? Because Dee is not taking spot from other Kirby characters, it's either him or no newcomer for Kirby.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I don't want to make arguments, I just listed my unpopular opinions -.-
what should I say that everyone hates my favorite game, and they also say that it's an unpopular opinion when instead everyone hates it -.-

EDIT: everything I said is refered to Kirby, not to Smash. Anyway, I don't want to start a debate, I know that those opinions are quite "unpopular", that's the point of the post, no hate intended.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero

go to 2:09
Yes.

Robin was chosen over Chrom as an original newcomer.

Lucy, DP, and Doc were promoted from fairly finished data as alternate costumes to full fighters late in development.

THIS ISN'T NEWS.

:4drmario::4lucina::4darkpit: were in the game, more or less, as alts. Just like :4wiifitm::4villagerf::4robinf::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig::4alph: having a different model and voice pack (for 2/3 cases).

They were promoted because there was SOME time. They had animations and models done so it was just a matter of tweaking copy pasted moveset data from :4mario::4marth::4pit:.

Chrom had a model, but not NEAR the amount of animations or a moveset unlike this three quick clones.

D

Deleted member

Yes.

Robin was chosen over Chrom as an original newcomer.

Lucy, DP, and Doc were promoted from fairly finished data as alternate costumes to full fighters late in development.

THIS ISN'T NEWS.

:4drmario::4lucina::4darkpit: were in the game, more or less, as alts. Just like :4wiifitm::4villagerf::4robinf::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig::4alph: having a different model and voice pack (for 2/3 cases).

They were promoted because there was SOME time. They had animations and models done so it was just a matter of tweaking copy pasted moveset data from :4mario::4marth::4pit:.

Chrom had a model, but not NEAR the amount of animations or a moveset unlike this three quick clones.
the point is that no value time was taken when making the clone character in smash 4 that all I'm saying maybe we should just drop this I don't want to start a flame war again what do you say?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
Unpopular. Opinions
I LOVED SQUEAK SQUAD OK DONT JUDGE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love magoloR
RTD is my favorite
UNDER MY CONTROL IS BETTER THAN C R O W N E D
MEGATON PUNCH IS MY favorite song in kirby historY
ANIMAL KIRBY IS MY FAVORITE ABILITY

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Are we just talking about opinions right now?
Personally, I believe every Kirby game is at least pretty decent. Unlike Mario and Zelda (looking at you CDI games), I don't think Kirby has ever had a "bad game."

D

Deleted member

Yeah I don't hate magolor he is an awesome character I didn't think anyone would hate magolor :laugh:.
My unpopular opinion?
I don't like Magolor at all. I knew when I saw him that he would be like Marx in the end; he would help Kirby, only to betray him to get some ultimate power, and then engage in some boss fight much like Marx's. My prediction wasn't too far off to be honest and I hated that predictability.
I also sighed when I saw him return via cameos and whatnot as I don't want to see him become some sort of staple. I was mainly disappointed because he was a predictable villain.
Anyways...
My second unpopular opinion is that I love Kirby's Epic Yarn and it's one of my favorite Kirby games.
I've played other Kirby games before, but this was the game that got me into the series. I loved the graphics, worlds, charm, and music so much. While the game is easy (you can't die), I found it to be a good thing; I just relax and let loose if I wanted to. I do enjoy challenging games, but you need a break at times.
After beating it, I got hooked into the series and I started to become a big fan of Kirby. I understand the hate for the game, but I can't help but enjoy how refreshing and relaxing the game is.
I'm pretty hyped for Yoshi's Woolly World as well.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I don't want to make arguments, I just listed my unpopular opinions -.-
what should I say that everyone hates my favorite game, and they also say that it's an unpopular opinion when instead everyone hates it -.-

EDIT: everything I said is refered to Kirby, not to Smash. Anyway, I don't want to start a debate, I know that those opinions are quite "unpopular", that's the point of the post, no hate intended.

If you don't want what we think is best, than just leave the thread, it's as simple as that.

Last edited:

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
I FEEL THAT SAYING OUR UNPOPULAR OPTIONS IS BREAKING US A PART NOT. BRINGING US TOGETHER..................

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
If you don't want what we think is best, than just leave the thread, it's as simple as that.
But I'm doing lots of post, I'm hepling this thread to be more popular and bigger :troll:
This is the only place where I can talk about Kirby, every other place in the web is dead at best, that's why I'm still around. I try to stay away from the Bandana Dee discussions but when you're discussing about Kirby in general, I like to join.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
But I'm doing lots of post, I'm hepling this thread to be more popular and bigger :troll:
This is the only place where I can talk about Kirby, every other place in the web is dead at best, that's why I'm still around. I try to stay away from the Bandana Dee discussions but when you're discussing about Kirby in general, I like to join.
Can't you give him a chance? :c

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874

This is how he feels @ NintenZ NintenZ

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Can't you give him a chance? :c
I may some day, depends on how the Kirby series will develop.
EDIT: anyway I don't want to start a war about "my character is better than yours" or something, I think it's better to change the subject now... sorry

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I may some day, depends on how the Kirby series will develop.
EDIT: anyway I don't want to start a war about "my character is better than yours" or something, I think it's better to change the subject now...
Let's change the subject. I'm sorry. It's your opinion, and that's what matters. I didn't to be disrespectful towards it, I was just pointing out that people were getting mad, no biggie.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
the point is that no value time was taken when making the clone character in smash 4 that all I'm saying maybe we should just drop this I don't want to start a flame war again what do you say?
I'm pretty sure making Dark Pit playable took more time than simply adding more Kirby songs, remixes are a different story but putting in Galacta Knight's theme or something would barely take any time
Evangelion
SHINJIIIIIII! GET IN THE ROBO! I still need to watch Evangelion

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
If there's going to be a "modern Kirby" stage to be coupled with BanD, what do you guys think it will be?
I don't think we're getting one to be honest, my reason is that in the Wii U version we have two Kirby stages, one new, one old, and in the 3DS version we have one stage, that one being a new one, so I most likely think that we'll get an old stage when BD comes, most likely, Dreamland 64.

Last edited:
Top Bottom