• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Magolor and Marx as "friends". Arguing about whose the bigger trickster, perhaps? "No no, my plan was much better and would have worked if..!!!"

Artist: ウィン@Dormir愛

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Unpopular kirby opinions eh?

I treat the kirby anime as canon, I would love to see nightmare back and a game following up on kirby's adventure and actually make it 3D and sorta open world, you can use air ride machines to get around and mix powers, use helpers MK, DDD, BDee.

People just ask for more RTDL copies/sequels, I'd say go back to classic kirby again cause ....

I miss sakurai, I wish he worked for HAL again.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Oh yeah, more unpopular opinions!

I don't like Marx at all, but I love Magolor.
I like to think that the "kisses" or whatever are regurgitations.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I think Magolor tried to avenge Marx by using a similar plan, seeing as how they knew each other (it is hinted a lot)

UNPOPULAR OPINIONS:
-I liked Epic Yarn but HATED it's soundtrack besides Vs.Dedede, Meta Knight, Yin yarn (phase 1 and 2)
-I hate Prince Fluff and felt he was EXTREMELY irrelevant for the game originally planned to be his game.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, more unpopular opinions!

I don't like Marx at all, but I love Magolor.
I like to think that the "kisses" or whatever are regurgitations.
The kisses are confirmed kisses. Like confrimed by HAL.

I'm pretty sure they've stated the anime isn't canon either. Not that it would make sense when compared to the games. Considering the Heavy Lobster is Nightmare's in the anime but MK's in the games.

D

Deleted member

just when you think kirby can't get more badass ;).

Last edited by a moderator:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
The kisses are confirmed kisses. Like confrimed by HAL.

I'm pretty sure they've stated the anime isn't canon either. Not that it would make sense when compared to the games. Considering the Heavy Lobster is Nightmare's in the anime but MK's in the games.
shshshh

...let us dream :awesome:

(tho i dont think there was a conformation either way on the anime) but yes its kisses, but hey i dont think of it that way :p agreed with chandelure.

...xcept for marx, i liked him.

edit: nvm didnt see that, i still treat it as canon tho.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
  • Dedede is amazing and we need a game with his backstory.
  • This bullet exists only to emphasize on the above bullet pertaining to a Dedede backstory game.
I love Dedede to pieces, and heartily approve of this idea. :b:

Wait, Dedede has a backstory? :surprised:
Some (though it really isn't much), plus an unmissable fact about him.

1: He declared himself the king, but going by his boxing ring and habit for riding Wheelies (and some of the things he got totally wrong before Kirby taught him a lesson he never forgot, and they ended up pals ;)), his behaviour tends to be unbecoming of royalty. :smash:

2: He's the only penguin like him on a planet inhabited primarily by puffballs and similar species who are all half his size, and he hangs out mainly with Waddle Dees (the head of his royal guard being one that ought to be very familiar to anyone in this thread :laugh:).

Also Kirby being the biggest thread to his world?
He may be the most powerful being, but he wouldn't do anything stupid XD
He unsealed Nightmare after Dedede did the smart thing by trapping it in the Fountain of Dreams in order to protect Popstar, without giving any chances for explanations before letting the thing out. I'd say that's pretty stupid. ;)

I'm pretty sure they've stated the anime isn't canon either.
Yep. I believe it was Sakurai himself who stated that it was intended from the beginning to be an entirely separate continuity. This, of course, explains why most of the cast are totally out-of-character.

My biggest gripe is how Dedede is the polar opposite of his game appearances (he's my favourite Nintendo character, this was always going to be an issue :laugh:). Anime Dedede is antagonistic, dim, and short-sighted, whilst game Dedede learned his lesson, made good, and became friends with Kirby by the end of the second game, is pretty smart, and has clearly generally got a grasp on the bigger picture when things are going on that affect his kingdom.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
@Chalo5000 No seriously,what's wrong with Dark Matter fusing with Bandana Dee to become Waddle Doo?
Because its something underwhelming by having Bandana Dee downgrade into a generic Kirby enemy, no matter the reference.

The Waddle Dee Tank is something can have awe power to it and Megaton Punch... well.... it's an planet-splitting punch that created BanD.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Ugh.

Regurgitation is much better.
ew why would throwing up in someone's mouth be better than kissing? wth... LOL.

People are so uncomfortable with affection between perceived male alien creatures, which is mostly platonic in nature and used to heal than straight up saying the characters are better off barfing chewed up food and spit into each other's mouths like... LOL. dying.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Unpopular Kirby opinion, I hate Meta Knight's voice in Brawl, a lot, I've always liked Under my Control more than C.R.O.W.N.E.D. and I think we need more remixes of Big Forest.
Because its something underwhelming by having Bandana Dee downgrade into a generic Kirby enemy, no matter the reference.

The Waddle Dee Tank is something can have awe power to it and Megaton Punch... well.... it's an planet-splitting punch that created BanD.
Megaton Punch!

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
ew why would throwing up in someone's mouth be better than kissing? wth... LOL.

People are so uncomfortable with affection between perceived male alien creatures, which is mostly platonic in nature and used to heal than straight up saying the characters are better off barfing chewed up food and spit into each other's mouths like... LOL. dying.
Im not really uncomfortable with it, I honestly dont really care.

Before the confirmation i always thought they shared food like birds do, so i dont see how that would be that bad.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Yeah, I forgot that they are aliens and they only use them to heal, it's like magic or something.
Maybe kissing is very common in Dream Land, like I don't know... in Italia I think?

Now I think the kisses are fine.
But I still like the regurgitation.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I guess I just always saw it as kissing so I never saw or got the idea of barfing into each other mouths. I guess I just personally find that conclusion way weirder and much more gross lol sorry. Just ya know... barf is gross. It's fine for baby birds I guess but I dunno lol. Not like Kirby needs his food chewed for him... he's got no teeth but he doesn't need to grind down his food haha. It's just really funny to me and gross. Sorry.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
So, what's the craziest Dark Matter theory you guys have ever heard? While he's hinted and referenced quite a bit, I've seen some rather insane assumptions and I know I can't be alone.
"LOL! Da Squeak Squad was sent by Dark Matter to steal Kirby's cake because he hates happiness, and Dark Matter behind everything" , " Sectonia is a wasp which is parasitic therefore she is possessed by Dark Matter! (Why the heck would someone possessed by Dark Matter still care about vanity and beauty?:facepalm:)" and get this, look at it in all of it's glory!--> "King Dedede in Dreamland 1 was possessed by Dark Matter as stealing food makes people unhappy".

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yep.

Between Amazing Mirror, Canvas Curse, Squeak Squad, Mass Attack, Super Star Ultra's added modes, Return to Dreamland, and Triple Deluxe, we got.... Ultra Sword, 5 (?) pieces of music, and 4 trophies?
Will I think sakurai is't being bias I just think he didn't have enough time to put in the music and other non sakurai kirby games is all.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

So, what's the craziest Dark Matter theory you guys have ever heard? While he's hinted and referenced quite a bit, I've seen some rather insane assumptions and I know I can't be alone.
"LOL! Da Squeak Squad was sent by Dark Matter to steal Kirby's cake because he hates happiness, and Dark Matter behind everything" , " Sectonia is a wasp which is parasitic therefore she is possessed by Dark Matter! (Why the heck would someone possessed by Dark Matter still care about vanity and beauty?:facepalm:)" and get this, look at it in all of it's glory!--> "King Dedede in Dreamland 1 was possessed by Dark Matter as stealing food makes people unhappy".
Believe it or not some kirby fans believe Drawcia is a minion of zero I don't know why they believe that.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Believe it or not some kirby fans believe Drawcia is a minion of zero I don't know why they believe that.
I'm pretty sure it was because some guy lied about having the Japanese version and saying that in it the ending says she sold her soul to Zero for power or something. That somehow managed to get on TVtropes and it snowballed from there. What's sad is that roughly 6 years ago, I fell for that :lol:.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I was familiar with that rumor about drawcia but yeah it doesn't really say anything in the actual translation. Not sure that para matter really indicates anything either BUT who knows. The problem with assuming that all these eyes are Dark Matter, is that it's not really strong proof. Mostly because it's hard to know if it's actually Dark Matter OR if it's merely HAL making an ode to previous games or bosses which is NOT uncommon at all. Considering HAL often references previous bosses with design references like Magolor Soul and with the fact boss moves from previous bosses will show up as part of a new attack for a new boss. I mean we can say the eyeballs on Sectonia's flowers are Dark Matter behind things or we can also talk about the Mirror World's possible hand in the situation. So Dark Matter or Mirror World? It could really go any and all ways. It's very open to interpretation and because of this, ideas about Dark Matter being the main villain behind just about everything is more fan theory than set in stone. I mean it's POSSIBLE not saying it is or isn't. Just that I'm not convinced in the solidity of the idea.

D

Deleted member

I honestly hate the dark matter/zero theory all of them are half ass and force I'm not the only one that see this right?

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
I was familiar with that rumor about drawcia but yeah it doesn't really say anything in the actual translation. Not sure that para matter really indicates anything either BUT who knows. The problem with assuming that all these eyes are Dark Matter, is that it's not really strong proof. Mostly because it's hard to know if it's actually Dark Matter OR if it's merely HAL making an ode to previous games or bosses which is NOT uncommon at all. Considering HAL often references previous bosses with design references like Magolor Soul and with the fact boss moves from previous bosses will show up as part of a new attack for a new boss. I mean we can say the eyeballs on Sectonia's flowers are Dark Matter behind things or we can also talk about the Mirror World's possible hand in the situation. So Dark Matter or Mirror World? It could really go any and all ways. It's very open to interpretation and because of this, ideas about Dark Matter being the main villain behind just about everything is more fan theory than set in stone. I mean it's POSSIBLE not saying it is or isn't. Just that I'm not convinced in the solidity of the idea.
Well actually, it's been said that HAL confirmed a theory a while ago. The theory is that when Kirby beats Drawcia the first time, she dies and goes to hell. In hell, Zero Two was supposed to have struck a deal with her. He gives her a second life and a second chance at killing Kirby. If she pro ailed, he was supposed to give her all the power in the universe. (By taking the power of other souls in an effort to make her the ultimate soul) Im not sure if this is true, but if it is, DARK MATTER ILLUMANATI CONFIRMED.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I honestly hate the dark matter/zero theory all of them are half *** and force I'm not the only one that see this right?
Eh, depends on which ones, *cough* Magolor-Soul*cough*Dark Crafter*cough* but for the most part I'm inclined to agree. Really depends on whether any actual thought went into it, or if someone just wanted to say "Dark Matter confirm!".

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Well actually, it's been said that HAL confirmed a theory a while ago. The theory is that when Kirby beats Drawcia the first time, she dies and goes to hell. In hell, Zero Two was supposed to have struck a deal with her. He gives her a second life and a second chance at killing Kirby. If she pro ailed, he was supposed to give her all the power in the universe. (By taking the power of other souls in an effort to make her the ultimate soul) Im not sure if this is true, but if it is, DARK MATTER ILLUMANATI CONFIRMED.
HAL confirmed the theory? Source? Other wise that was just a rumor from that one guy and was later never actually seen in the pause description. So I'm going to need something more than you just saying Hal confirmed for something like this.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Say guys I got an idea for Bandana waddle dee final smash and it called"Baddie Beat Down!" it like king dedede final smash in brawl except instead of the waddle dee,waddle doo and gordo you get Bio Spark,Birdon,Gim,Plasma Wisp,Sir Kibble,Simirror,Capsule J2,Burning Leo,Chilly,Tac,Wheelie,Sword Knight and Blade Knight popping around everywhere coming out and attacking the enemy very violently so what do you all think?

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
HAL confirmed the theory? Source? Other wise that was just a rumor from that one guy and was later never actually seen in the pause description. So I'm going to need something more than you just saying Hal confirmed for something like this.
Yeah now that I think about it, that guy never gave me a source. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to hunt him down and make him eat my sisters cooking. It's quite the punishment.

I think Magolor tried to avenge Marx by using a similar plan, seeing as how they knew each other (it is hinted a lot)

UNPOPULAR OPINIONS:
-I liked Epic Yarn but HATED it's soundtrack besides Vs.Dedede, Meta Knight, Yin yarn (phase 1 and 2)
-I hate Prince Fluff and felt he was EXTREMELY irrelevant for the game originally planned to be his game.
So how can I help you with your videos? I can come up with ideas if you want. Ideas for why people should vote for him. Recently, I've come up with more.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Say guys I got an idea for Bandana waddle dee final smash and it called"Baddie Beat Down!" it like king dedede final smash in brawl except instead of the waddle dee,waddle doo and gordo you get Bio Spark,Birdon,Gim,Plasma Wisp,Sir Kibble,Simirror,Capsule J2,Burning Leo,Chilly,Tac,Wheelie,Sword Knight and Blade Knight popping around everywhere coming out and attacking the enemy very violently so what do you all think?
R.I.P. Smash 3DS.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I got bored...So I made this.Be happy this is a rare occasion where you will hear my voice... I was about to sleep but I got an idea ****ly edited it and here we are.

Last edited:

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
Here's my unpopular kirby opinions:
- Another Dimension and Grand Doomer are better themes than crowned
- I LOVED the multiplayer co-op from RtD and i hope it returns in a future game
- i whish sakurai would show a little more respect to the more recent kirby games,
- i prefer MK's voice from Brawl,
- i hope the animal friends return in a future game
-*flame shield* Dark Matter is overrrated

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Unpopular Opinions:
1. RtDL is my most favourite Kirby game, even more than Super Star
2. I want powers like Jet and Yo-yo to return.
3. I haven't played most of the handheld Kirby games. *hides*
4. I really didn't like Dreamland 3.

:231:

Top Bottom