• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

MetaKobra

Smash Cadet
Hello all!

Happy delayed 400th page! (Sorry I missed it, finals are still occurring...)

I found another coolio comic on KirbyRainbowResort:

Aw... Poor Kracko :c

Looks like Kirby really... PUT HIS FOOT DOWN!

:troll:

D

Deleted member

hey guys want to talk about unpopular kirby opinions? here is mine

1.I think yin yarn gets too much hate in the kirby fandom yes his boss battle was disappointing but that has more to do with epic yarn being piss easy with no damage so if it did have it yin yarn would put up a pretty good fight plus in each cutscene we see what yin yarn up too and that pretty rare too see what a kirby villain is up too.

2.I am so sick and tired of these half ass dark matter/zero theory look I love dark matter and zero but just because a kirby villain has a "big eyeball" or "dark" in there name doesn't mean they are related to zero or dark matter the theory's go so crazy that some kirby fans believe Drawcia is a minion of zero....I wish I was joking.

3.I was so disappointed magolor came back from the dead and not be a villain anymore he could be the new main villain in the kirby series instead of getting the next villain of the week but no he just makes Amusement Park now....yay. -___-

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

[qhandelure, post: 19276253, member: 222980"][meduote="Cia=youtube]id=5T0fEy-J3ak;t=473[/media]

Bandana Dee doesn't even appear :mad:[/quote]

Don't worry man will get a top 10 list with bandana waddle dee in it...some day.

Burruni

Smash Hero

Bandana Dee doesn't even appear :mad:
And they mispelt King K. Rool.
And misprounced Ryu.
And still hold hope for Geno (something even my absurd want had died out on)
And believe Bayonetta can hold on E10+ Rating.
Put Tetra before Ganon
Put Ghirahim before Ganon.

Edit: And also kept Isaac, Dixie (and Inklings) who are other major powerhouses out of the list.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I hope Sakurai thinks that japanese votes are more important than the other votes.

(He probably will think that XD)

I will never understand the popularity of Geno, Shantae, Bayonetta, etc in America.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I hope Sakurai thinks that japanese votes are more important than the other votes.

(He probably will XD)
The one time we want sakurai bias to kicks in :laugh:(just kidding of course I love sakurai and I know he is't bias)

Burruni

Smash Hero

(He probably will XD)

I will never understand the popularity of Geno, Shantae, Bayonetta, etc in America.
Geno's popularity namely got spiked up when SMRPG got the Virtual Console Release. Edit: In the game, he was a bit of a wise-ass who drove the story and had the most overpowered skill in the game that would one-shot any normal enemy and ONE boss if timed perfectly.

Bayonetta is because since DmC was garbage she's now the only real Devil May Cry games left while having an actually charming personality mixed with gameplay (looks aside). Edit: Toting a wide arsenal of tools, she has a versatile potential in a movepool but frankly I feel like :4zss: is the closest we're getting and does the job well.

Shantae is because WayForward's original titles are fantastic. Edit: Between having an arsenal of transformation, magic spells and techo-pirate gear across her 3 released games (always on a Nintendo handheld FIRST if it sees a rerelease elsewhere later on), an art style and overall feeling of a game that just fits into Smash pretty seemlessly, she'd be someone who would be on a lot of top 10 lists if she was a 1st party choice but she's owned by an indie company who just has a very strong relationship with Nintendo.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Geno's popularity namely got spiked up when SMRPG got the Virtual Console Release. Edit: In the game, he was a bit of a wise-*** who drove the story and had the most overpowered skill in the game that would one-shot any normal enemy and ONE boss if timed perfectly.

Bayonetta is because since DmC was garbage she's now the only real Devil May Cry games left while having an actually charming personality mixed with gameplay (looks aside). Edit: Toting a wide arsenal of tools, she has a versatile potential in a movepool but frankly I feel like :4zss: is the closest we're getting and does the job well.

Shantae is because WayForward's original titles are fantastic. Edit: Between having an arsenal of transformation, magic spells and techo-pirate gear across her 3 released games (always on a Nintendo handheld FIRST if it sees a rerelease elsewhere later on), an art style and overall feeling of a game that just fits into Smash pretty seemlessly, she'd be someone who would be on a lot of top 10 lists if she was a 1st party choice but she's owned by an indie company who just has a very strong relationship with Nintendo.
Yeah, I know all the characters, their games and abilities.
I just don't think they deserve to be in Smash with the other incredibly iconic third parties.

Here is Sonic, Pac-Man, Mega-Man and ... Shantae!
Wat.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I just don't think they deserve to be in Smash with the other incredibly iconic third parties.
"I will never understand the popularity of Geno, Shantae, Bayonetta,"

CHANDY I'M JUST REPLYING TO WHAT YOU SAID!

Honestly Shantae has some of the best hopes out of 3rd Party character who aren't named Ryu just because of how strongly tied the series and company has been to Nintendo.

Legally, I see her being as easy to transition over as any second party series (:4ness::4marth::4pikachu::4shulk:) but it's a matter of Nintendo extending their hand over to say that her chance is Ret-2-Go. I'd even see WayForward sending in people to HELP make it happen.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here is Sonic, Pac-Man, Mega-Man and ... Shantae!
Wat.
Hey I want Shantae in the game not only becase I love her game but because this will help nintendo get into good relationship with other Indie company's and who knows maybe just maybe Wayforward could be nintendo new second party :D!

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
[qhandelure, post: 19276253, member: 222980"][meduote="Cia=youtube]id=5T0fEy-J3ak;t=473[/media]

Bandana Dee doesn't even appear :mad:
Don't worry man will get a top 10 list with bandana waddle dee in it...some day.[/quote]
I'm making a Top 5 needless to say Bandanna Dee is #1 also is anyone willing to help me come up with a Dark Matter Swordsman moveset (besides Indefinite who I'm including)

D

Deleted member

I'm making a Top 5 needless to say Bandanna Dee is #1 also is anyone willing to help me come up with a Dark Matter Swordsman moveset (besides Indefinite who I'm including)
Maybe zero soul can help you with dark matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I never understood the popularity of characters like Geno and skull kid.

they appeared in one. game.

and Geno didn't do much either
Geno at least had some of the most personality any character had in a Mario game up to that point and had a signature OP move.
Skull Kid was just a puppet for a filler boss =/

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I only care about Bandana Dee being in smash currently for newcomers. I have Zero interest in Roy cause I'm not a fan of Fire Emblem personally. It's a fine strategy rpg series but I'm just not a fan of the genre personally. It's not for me. Feels board gamey and I've never been into the anime characters in mid evil-ish fantasy world thing... but yeah. I think FE really has more than enough reps tbh. It's sad to see a series like FE (which really never has done that great in the west, and only recently has had some commercial success with Awakening) get more reps than DK or Kirby.

DK imo deserves a rep most of all. I'd personally be happy with Bandana Waddle Dee for Kirby. (I believe BDee to be the most viable Kirby rep contender and if he doesn't get in I don't see Kirby getting a new rep. Which means Sakurai would be satisfied with his 3 reps for the series.Which if that ends up being the case, whatever. The concentration will than be on other IPs) I know Zelda is popular series but I feel the most important characters are sort of already there. Doesn't get more reoccurring and vital than Zelda, Ganon, and Link. In fact there are two Links lol. Still because of it's popularity, I also wouldn't really be peeved if it got another rep with Impa or something. That'd be fine. Pokemon has MORE than enough. I know Pokemon is Nintendo's money maker but yeah... I've had enough honestly.

Really I'd just be glad if DK got a rep because it'd be right thing. Than personally as a Kirby fan I'd be hyped as heck for BDee. I'd be annoyed with Roy joining but WHATEVER I guess. I'm indifferent towards Ryu. Can't think of anything else I want that would be remotely possible or likely. Soo... yeah... That's kind of it. I feel like the rest of the roster has variety and a lot of the most iconic characters possible.

So guys what is your guys unpopular kirby opinions?
I don't think the animals friends are an interesting mechanic and would love if they never returned. I don't care when Kirby turns into yarn/marker/crayon/whatever. It's cute and all but usually games with a visual change end up being games I'm not the most into so I've come to psychologically see this as a frighting thing. Like if people look to the skies to see if a storm is coming, when I see a new Kirby trailer, I look at the art style to see if a storm coming. I don't like Epic Yarn as a Kirby entry. I think Kirby games have been playing safe for too long. The last person to do something bold with Kirby's iconic abilities was Sakurai. He introduced some great stuff in KSS and changed things up with the way progression can work in a game. He was joyful with making so many odes to other games. He wasn't afraid to rearrange how the powers worked or helped you progress across a variety of games within the same cartridge. Knowing that this was a risk. Since Sakurai left they only took steps back with following titles like Squeak Squad. A game that removed movesets and didn't add anything new to the platforming or new to the powers. Amazing Mirror was a great game but it's basically Kirby metroidvania and metriodvania style games are so hip and the exploration idea is often emulated in other game titles with differing success. Than games like Canvas Curse and Mass Attack were great games but literally did nothing with Kirby as we know him (as a power wielding icon!) In fact they've mostly stripped those elements to just make entirely new games. Which is fine and as stand alone titles are bold enough on their own, but they don't actually take Kirby's abilities to the next level. The only games to recently take Kirby's abilities more to the next level little by little are RtDL and Triple Deluxe. RtDL improved on some power's movesets like Needle and stone while Triple Deluxe did the same but also added the dodge function. They also introduced super moves which at least expanded on Kirby's iconic abilities by also indicating that Kirby' is able to gain even GREATER power from special enemies that allow him to interact and destroy the environment or even solve puzzles. A step in the right direction though these games don't actually mess with platforming styles or progression like KSS did. It seems like only FINALLY and recently HAL has been polishing on what makes Kirby the iconic enemy eating hero. Still with distracting titles like Rainbow Curse and other interesting and fun departures from Kirby's main identity, I'm reminded that HAL has really had to struggle to evolve Kirby without Sakurai and with the changes in their studio over the years. As exciting as it is to see great titles like Triple Deluxe and even at times enjoy the unique spin offs, I'm reminded that Kirby still hasn't even reached the realm of 3D platforming that other platforming stars have reached. That they've had to cancel various game ideas and that they've had a variety of directors since. They've recently found stability with Shinya and I'm glad and hope he stays.

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Don't worry man will get a top 10 list with bandana waddle dee in it...some day.
I'm making a Top 5 needless to say Bandanna Dee is #1 also is anyone willing to help me come up with a Dark Matter Swordsman moveset (besides Indefinite who I'm including)[/quote]
Well do you need help with your videos? I'd be happy to come up with ideas. Extra ideas that is.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Well do you need help with your videos? I'd be happy to come up with ideas. Extra ideas that is.[/quote]
Yes that would be great :D

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Oi, what time Pacific Standard timezone would you like help? I'd be glad to help but I'm occupied for most of the week, but I'll see if I can squeeze it in.
For unpopular opinions:
I think Galacta Knight is lame and OC like
Please don't kill me

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
My Unpopular Kirby opinions: :dr-_-:
- CROWNED is overrated and I hate how everyone praises it
Return to DreamLand has a lot of good songs, but CROWNED isn't THAT good
- Distant Traveler in the other hand :awesome:
I LOVE IT
- I don't want the Dark Matters to come back, they are really boring enemies in my opinion, they are just a lot of darkness
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DarkIsEvil
- I also don't want Marx to come back, as I said before he was cool, but there's no need to make him come back
- WHY IN THE WORLD MAGOLOR WOULD BE MARX'S BROTHER?
- I want the animal friends to come back, but not changing how some abilities work, maybe give them some another role
- I actually thought that Elline was Paintra in disguise and was going to betray Kirby before Rainbow Curse came out #Paranoia
- I kinda ship Kirby with Elline (but I'm sure it will never happen)

Mass Attack is like my second favorite Kirby game.

Did I win?
- Kirby Canvas Curse is my FAVORITE Kirby game :drflip:

Last edited:
Top Bottom