• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

I lurk that site, so yeah
will the majority on knowyourmeme or not idiots take this from someone that been on that site for years now of course they are few that are idoits(like the picture I should you) but trust me there are a lot of people at knowyourememe that are smart people.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
ignore the hate. A lot of smash bros characters get bashed now a days and it all now has become more opinionated. and a lot of characters get so much more love than others. I sometimes question the sanity of the community as a whole >_>.

Agent Emerald

Smash Journeyman
You guys are taking me too far back with all the way back with all this know your meme talk. I remember all the way back when stuff like ytmnd was big, Touhou was just reaching the west, Megaupload was still alive, and when Brawl wasn't out yet.

I feel old.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Everyone gets hate. Literally everyone. If Bandana Dee gets in, he's gonna get some serious backslash. (:4shulk:) In the end though, just like for every character, people will stop hating on him. They'll actually start to play as him, and when Smash 5 comes out, everyone's going to be asking for him to come back like they did with :4lucas:. XD

EDIT: Hey I was on the official Play Nintendo site, and guess what I found?

I know you all talked about this before, but think about it. They could be saying that another Kirby rep is getting in Smash. Bandana Dee? And if not him... gulp... Elline?

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
I believe that Galacta Knight is one of the most unknown characters in terms of back-story.

He isn't gone forever at the end of the each of the two fights you accomplish, either.

In Meta Knightmare Ultra (Kirby Super Star Ultra), "He flies unstably in space, then disappears unarmed in a bright flash.". So he's defeated, but not flat out killed.

In The True Arena (Kirby's Return To Dreamland), "When Galacta Knight is defeated, he flickers white and retreats.". Again, defeated, but not completely gone.

He also is said to be locked away forever according to Nova in Kirby Super Star Ultra due to him being deemed too powerful, so it raises the question... Then why is Kirby and/or Meta Knight not locked away for eternity? This may be because they (Kirby & Meta Knight) yet again only defeated him, and not of gotten rid of him forever. (Resulting in Galacta Knight still retaining his title as most powerful).

Also, "In the pre-fight screen on the True arena (RTDL), it shows Kirby puffing himself up next to Galacta Knight with a confused look on his face. Galacta is holding his lance up in a heroic pose, standing in a white spotlight. If you'd recall, Kirby is in some sort of pain in the other fight screens. However, Kirby is not being hurt in Galacta's screen."

This may or may not apply to anything, but really everything helps in determining what we could find out.

Interestingly, Galacta Knight is confirmed he is from another dimension and the most powerful warrior in the galaxy, according to the descriptions between the explanation of his character, and the boss fights you encounter. So this stirs up some more questions such as... Does Magolor supposedly know about Galacta Knight?

There is also something important to note, according to the trivia section on the wiki page for Galacta Knight:

"Dark Meta Knight's pause description in Kirby: Triple Deluxe describes Dark Meta Knight as the "shadow of the strongest warrior", hinting that the title has been taken from Galacta Knight. However, it should be noted that Galacta Knight has been referred to as the greatest and the most powerful, not the strongest."

In addition, the similarity between Galacta and Meta Knight is that, they both summon the same armies, or knights, which is strange.

This leads to many loopholes determining the actual power, strength, and overall character of Galacta Knight
From what info we have, Galacta Knight is basically a Time Paradox and indeed has some kind of relation between Kirby & Meta Knight. Being from the same species to having the same title as Star Warriors. It's basically up to HAL to decide where it goes from here on out...

I also used http://kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Galacta_Knight for info and more!

Here's extra reference if you'd like :

2deep4me
I'm gonna try to answer some of these questions with my logic :dizzy:
Then why is Kirby and/or Meta Knight not locked away for eternity?
They aren't like GK, you can be the greatest warrior whitout being the most powerful (MK and Kirby)
So this stirs up some more questions such as... Does Magolor supposedly know about Galacta Knight?
Does that really matters? XD
Meta Knight wished to fight the greatest warrior, his wish released GK
After MK defeated GK in SSU, GK probably escaped and that's why we see him make a comeback in RTD
In addition, the similarity between Galacta and Meta Knight is that, they both summon the same armies, or knights, which is strange.
They are from the same species, MK probably had the same ways of training of GK
Maybe it's normal for Star Warriors to be Knights with those powers :ohwell:
About the armies, they probably search for similar soldiers by instinct
From what info we have, Galacta Knight is basically a Time Paradox and indeed has some kind of relation between Kirby & Meta Knight
This doesn't proves that they are related, just that they have similar fighting styles, which is to be expected, they are all Star Warriors
And he's obviously from the past, he was too stronk, they couldn't nerf him, so they banned him FOREVER
Being from the same species to having the same title as Star Warriors
I don't recall any game where they are called Star Warriors, only the anime (not canon)
I'm only calling them like that because it's easier than calling them the "kirby species" :drwtf:
I'd have to respectfully disagree with the Shovel Knight part. He factually has no reason to be in Smash.
Tell that to the Shovel Knight supporting thread, come back here and tell us how it went :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Say guys I know this is't a big deal but everytime I make a comment on smashreddit I always get a down vote for no reason do you have that problem?

Last edited by a moderator:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Say guys I know this is't a big deal but everytime I make a comment on smashreddit I always get a down vote for no reason do you have that problem?
Reddit is infamous for this exact reason.
It gets pretty obnoxious at times.

D

Deleted member

Can someone edit this and make it say"swiggity swooty kirby's coming for that booty!" that would be awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Hi, Speed!
What's this? XD
Today Speed has posted this down on Roy, Ryu, Wolf, King K., Isaac, BanD, and Shantae threads. When asked to explain the only response given was "That's for you to figure out."

The lack of Inklings makes me already want to throw this out the window :p

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Yeah, the letter probably represents her (or his?) favorite characters.
Some people think it's a leak or something, but yeah ... Shantae is in it.
No offense to the Shantae fans.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
This image is in no way, altered or fake.:troll:

I'm sorry, I had to. There's somethin' wrong with me ain't there?

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Every character gets hate.

That why Sakurai don't give a **** about their fans request characters.

As long there playable and memorable people will don't stop living whyout them.

Even Pichu (least favorite character for smash) PEeople will never forget it. Just look jigglypuff.

So is they put the Dee there, Bandana Dee, people will hate, love it and then when he got cut in the next game, he become the next Lucas, Wolf and Mewtwo.
I remember when people say, Shulk was a Bad idea and Palutena is better.

Now, Everyone love Shulk and no one cares about Ppalutena. And that cycle is gonna repeated forever in every single smash game come out, not matter is not melee or smash 4, this will be a never ending of a fight. For the Dee to the Adept.(Is you kow voting for.)

D

Deleted member

Yeah, the letter probably represents her (or his?) favorite characters.
Some people think it's a leak or something, but yeah ... Shantae is in it.
No offense to the Shantae fans.
IMO I believe Shantae will be in smash 4 for DLC I mean this will help nintendo get into good relationship with other Indie company's and who knows maybe just maybe Wayforward could be nintendo new second party :D!

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
So I've been wondering... What do you think Bandana Dee's spear is made out of?
Good question, I'd put money on ash wood and forged steel or iron but I'm not a expert on spears, and I can't tell what kind of spear our hero is using.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys would you all be ok if wispy woods becomes the main villain in a future kirby game?

D

Deleted member

Today Speed has posted this down on Roy, Ryu, Wolf, King K., Isaac, BanD, and Shantae threads. When asked to explain the only response given was "That's for you to figure out."

The lack of Inklings makes me already want to throw this out the window :p
I wonder...
What if Speed is a leaker and told us what characters that will become DLC with these invitations!

Top Bottom