• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Burruni

Smash Hero
Oh.
So it was modified.
I thought "censored" was like
OoT with Ganondorf coughing up blood, and the islamic matters of the Mirror Shield and Fire Temple Music... or Ruto's bust.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Oh.
So it was modified.
OoT with Ganondorf coughing up blood, and the islamic matters of the Mirror Shield and Fire Temple Music... or Ruto's bust.
No really, Virus is called Windows 96'! I can totally see why that was changed!

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
No really, Virus is called Windows 96'! I can totally see why that was changed!
I was just expecting something a bit worse because the term "censored" usually refers to something that was too "intense" or "crude" for an age rating being cut back or out between versions of a game.

Like Tharja's swimsuit shot in Awakening. :snake: having his guns, cigarettes, and cursing removed from his Smash incarnation.

Things like that.

Your wording wasn't wrong, I just took it in a different conotation.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I was just expecting something a bit worse because the term "censored" usually refers to something that was too "intense" or "crude" for an age rating being cut back or out between versions of a game.

Like Tharja's swimsuit shot in Awakening. :snake: having his guns, cigarettes, and cursing removed from his Smash incarnation.

Things like that.

Your wording wasn't wrong, I just took it in a different conotation.
Although kissing was changed to something else.

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Oh.
So it was modified.
Those kind of examples are pretty much what "censorship" is. While it could also mean any change in general, it'd be more accurate to call things like Windows 96 being removed as just a localization change rather than "censorship". "Change" in general is more accurate.

I'd only use "censorship" for suppressing something related to morality/religion/violence/lewdness and the like...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey guys. What else can we do to support Bandana Dee? Well.......IS there anything we can do?
I think the only way we get Bandana Waddle Dee voice out too the everyone is that we have artsy omni do a picture of bandana dee it are only option we have IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Uh...bandana dee

Wow I've got nothing, it's kind of hard to come up with new stuff since we've already done a lot
There is one thing we didn't do yet........A SACRIFICE we most sacrifice for are god sakurai to get Bandana dee into smash 4 and it has to be someone who love the kirby series in the whole world so that person is....Kirby_Queen!!! I'm sorry my queen but it has to be this way :c

Burruni

Smash Hero
how about make up some theories on who he was before he became who he is now. origin story anyone?
I thought I kinda did this before...

He was the Kirby seen alongside King Dedede in Kirby Dreamland 3, the "side-kick" in 64 and after helping save the world King Dedede gave that Dee a Promotion to captain of the guard made iconic by the bandana and spear, like Waddle Doo had his sword in the anime.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
how about make up some theories on who he was before he became who he is now. origin story anyone?
AH NEED UH MONSTAH TO CLOBBAH DAT DERE KIRBEH

And NME slapped a spear and bandana on a Waddle Dee and sold him to Dedede. And thus Bandana Dee was born.

~Fin~
/jk

:231:

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
There is one thing we didn't do yet........A SACRIFICE we most sacrifice for are god sakurai to get Bandana dee into smash 4 and it has to be someone who love the kirby series in the whole world so that person is....Kirby_Queen!!! I'm sorry my queen but it has to be this way :c
Buuuuut what if a new Kirby game with powers comes out and it has movesets, maga true arena modes, sweet new levels, HD on Wii U, etc etc....

I can't be sacrificed yet x_x

Unless we're only going to get Kirby games with adorable 'quirky arts n crafts aesthetics and exercise in balance gameplay with collecting beads and can't die' editions.

Than go ahead and kill me.

D

Deleted member

Did anyone know that Kirby Super Star was heavily censored in the international versions?
Really?
There must have been a lot... I wonder if a video like it exists out there somewhere.

Hey guys. What else can we do to support Bandana Dee? Well.......IS there anything we can do?
We can spread the word more, make more campaign videos, etc. We've done a lot...

You know, I wonder if there is a pro out there that supports Bandana Dee.

Set up a Twitter account?

:231:
That should work.

MetaKobra

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone!

What do you all think of the relation between Kirby and Galacta Knight?

Now, his description says he's from the past... But he's also from another dimension. His color is a bit darker than Kirby, also.

But who knows if Galacta/Galactic Knight came from another dimension, different from where Kirby arrived as the star warrior he was suppose to turn out as, being 200 years after the arrival of regular Kirby? (Assuming in some cases the show is canon, it's about a 50/50 from what I've seen).

I've also been on vacation, sorry for not being as active! (I'm about half way through). But, this means that I get a free vote for Dee since I'm away! Anyways, imma go catch up on what I've missed!

Also, Happy Late-ish Birthday @ Chalo5000 Chalo5000 !! :kirby::kirby::kirby:

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Hello everyone!

What do you all think of the relation between Kirby and Galacta Knight?

Now, his description says he's from the past... But he's also from another dimension. His color is a bit darker than Kirby, also.

But who knows if Galacta/Galactic Knight came from another dimension, different from where Kirby arrived as the star warrior he was suppose to turn out as, being 200 years after the arrival of regular Kirby? (Assuming in some cases the show is canon, it's about a 50/50 from what I've seen).

I've also been on vacation, sorry for not being as active! (I'm about half way through). But, this means that I get a free vote for Dee since I'm away! Anyways, imma go catch up on what I've missed!

Also, Happy Late-ish Birthday @ Chalo5000 Chalo5000 !! :kirby::kirby::kirby:
Their relationship is that they are from the same species, Kirby, Meta Knight and Galacta Knight, are all Star warriors (let's call them like that)
His color being darker than Kirby's only confirms that their species can have different colors
Also, the show is not canon :joyful:
Right now, we only know 3 real star warriors (obviously excluding the mirror versions)
I don't think that Galacta Knight has any relationship with Kirby or MK aside the species
Just because they are the last of their species doesn't mean that they are related :drshrug:

WELCOME BACK!

THANKS!!! :dr^_^:

Last edited:

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
A very elaborate one. He's a nonsense extremely minor character in a series that isnt as big. Literally every other Nintendo character will be in before this guy does.
please shut up and leave this thread with your rude nonsense no one cares, Kirby is one of Nintendo's most popular franchises... So may you please shut up?, thanks:)

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
You know what I love deetractors just because they bring something interesting rather than our useless banter half of the time.
I also love seeing idiots try to argue

MetaKobra

Smash Cadet
I believe that Galacta Knight is one of the most unknown characters in terms of back-story.

He isn't gone forever at the end of the each of the two fights you accomplish, either.

In Meta Knightmare Ultra (Kirby Super Star Ultra), "He flies unstably in space, then disappears unarmed in a bright flash.". So he's defeated, but not flat out killed.

In The True Arena (Kirby's Return To Dreamland), "When Galacta Knight is defeated, he flickers white and retreats.". Again, defeated, but not completely gone.

He also is said to be locked away forever according to Nova in Kirby Super Star Ultra due to him being deemed too powerful, so it raises the question... Then why is Kirby and/or Meta Knight not locked away for eternity? This may be because they (Kirby & Meta Knight) yet again only defeated him, and not of gotten rid of him forever. (Resulting in Galacta Knight still retaining his title as most powerful).

Also, "In the pre-fight screen on the True arena (RTDL), it shows Kirby puffing himself up next to Galacta Knight with a confused look on his face. Galacta is holding his lance up in a heroic pose, standing in a white spotlight. If you'd recall, Kirby is in some sort of pain in the other fight screens. However, Kirby is not being hurt in Galacta's screen."

This may or may not apply to anything, but really everything helps in determining what we could find out.

Interestingly, Galacta Knight is confirmed he is from another dimension and the most powerful warrior in the galaxy, according to the descriptions between the explanation of his character, and the boss fights you encounter. So this stirs up some more questions such as... Does Magolor supposedly know about Galacta Knight?

There is also something important to note, according to the trivia section on the wiki page for Galacta Knight:

"Dark Meta Knight's pause description in Kirby: Triple Deluxe describes Dark Meta Knight as the "shadow of the strongest warrior", hinting that the title has been taken from Galacta Knight. However, it should be noted that Galacta Knight has been referred to as the greatest and the most powerful, not the strongest."

In addition, the similarity between Galacta and Meta Knight is that, they both summon the same armies, or knights, which is strange.

This leads to many loopholes determining the actual power, strength, and overall character of Galacta Knight

From what info we have, Galacta Knight is basically a Time Paradox and indeed has some kind of relation between Kirby & Meta Knight. Being from the same species to having the same title as Star Warriors. It's basically up to HAL to decide where it goes from here on out...

I also used http://kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Galacta_Knight for info and more!

Here's extra reference if you'd like :

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Galacta Knight might be from the time of the ancients. Considering he's from the past. Magolor is familiar with him because Magolor has an interest in technology from the ancients and is residing on Halcandra. Exactly the spot where the ancients used to reside. When you fight Galacta Knight it's in front of Halcandra. Perhaps this is where he's locked up? Magolor saying he knows "someone who knows you" and he's most likely referring the Galacta Knight the only character present in RtDL that's also present in a previous title. (placing the events of KSSU before RTDL canonically). Magolor may had found a way to release and bring forth Galacta Knight from his casing that didn't require Nova. That or Kirby and friends somehow accidentally done it themselves. Though it doesn't seem likely because the way the fight happens. Nova's casing just rises and releases Galacta Knight.

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
Originally Kirby 64 Waddle Dee. But in order for this to be then the timeline of Kirby would have to be:
Kirby's Dreamland/Super Star -> Kirby's Adventure -> Dark Matter Trilogy -> Kirby Super Star Ultra (Revenge of the King + Meta Knightmare Ultra).

And yes, I have made a timeline of the Kirby series. It mostly goes in order of game releases but it clears things up with the earlier games.

D

Deleted member

Guys I was going on know your meme to find some funny picture of bandana dee instead I found this....THIS!!!

I don't know about you guys but this really piss me of to no end :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom