• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

Your new profile pic it's awesome :drflip:
Also Red Kracko? :cool:

I miss Brawl in the Family so much :drsad:
God I want Brawl in the family to comeback so much it the only web comic for us Kirby fans......and smash fan BUT MOSTLY FOR THE KIRBY FANDOM!! it was the only thing we all have left after rainbow resort died now we have nothing......NOTHING!!!!!!!!!! "cries very loudly" someone hold me :(.

Last edited by a moderator:

Troykv

Smash Master
A very elaborate one. He's a nonsense extremely minor character in a series that isnt as big. Literally every other Nintendo character will be in before this guy does.
Eh... This actually is a serious post or a troll one? xD

God I want Brawl in the family to comeback so much it the only web comic for us Kirby fans......and smash fan BUT MOSTLY FOR THE KIRBY FANDOM!! it was the only thing we all have left after rainbow resort died now we have nothing......NOTHING!!!!!!!!!! "cries very loudly" someone hold me :(.
The only popular guys that remember Adeleine.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
A very elaborate one. He's a nonsense extremely minor character in a series that isnt as big. Literally every other Nintendo character will be in before this guy does.
Your ignorance is as big as your forehead.

He is a main character, Kirby is one of Nintendo's biggest franchises and you are just biased.
Read the OP.

D

Deleted member

You have a lot of balls saying that in this thread of all places Bandana Waddle Dee in NOT a minor character were the hell were you when Kirby returns to dreamland and Kirby and the rainbow cures came out!?!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Guys he's a troll. He didn't read the OBVIOUS first page that BLATANTLY has all the reasons for why he should be in.
Now I feel a bit bad.
That was a little rude XD

But nobody messes with the Dee!
I can smash now if ya want.

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
He's a nonsense extremely minor character...
That has been a reoccurring character that was playable in a game where the two most important non-playable characters were reduced to a collectible cameo, being playable in a major game before that, acknowledged by the developers in-game as being unusually popular, and even appearing in every game sense his "debut" as a character proper... can he still be called minor at this point? Most Kirby fans that I know of at least put him on par with Dedede and MK.

...in a series that isnt as big...
From a series known to have regularly make 1 million sales, and actually as a franchise sold 34 million by its 20th anniversary, making it one of the top 50 best selling Video Game Franchises? It being the main franchise of one of Nintendo's most notable Second Party Developers, entrusted with Smash itself 3 times over? It's not a Mario, Pokemon, or Zelda, but it's a darn big one, at least that I know of.

Will you be wiling to at least admit that if the Kirby series gets another character, he is the most likely?

And to my fellow supporters, as difficult as it might seem to others, might I ask that we at least try to not immediately dismiss him? Showing a bit of respect can go a long way to help convert a detractor into a supporter.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
And he was the funniest part of Dream Collection's Intro.

Guys he's a troll. He didn't read the OBVIOUS first page that BLATANTLY has all the reasons for why he should be in.

I can smash now if ya want.
OK, I added you, my code is 5155-3392-5668.
I'm ready.

Last edited:

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
The list of best-selling Nintendo franchises, is the following:

1. Mario
2. Pokémon
3. Wii (Fit/Sports/etc.)
4. Zelda
5. Donkey Kong
6. Kirby
7. Smash Bros.
8. Nintendogs
9. Animal Crossing
10. Metroid
11. Star Fox
Then everything else.

If you don't count "Wii" as a franchise, Kirby the 5th best-selling franchise.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Kirby has 34 million units sold, that's huge. For comparison's sake, Star Fox has 11.5 million and Kid Icarus has 2.9 million. Bandana Dee is also the 4th main character of the series, so I wouldn't call him minor. Calling him minor would be like saying Peach is minor or Dixie Kong/King K.Rool are minor, which wouldn't add up at all, now would it?

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Saying that Kirby is a baby is like saying that Meta Knight is an elder
Kirby is a kid :4kirby: (a jolly one)
Also, he talked in Kirby's epic Yarn but who cares
Mightknight might be readlly old. Dreamlanders might live for centuries, lol (?, Hoshii no Kabaii Anime)

Either way I do think Kirby is just a kid or even baby. I mean people call 5 or 6 year olds kids but I still think of them as babies. Than again I think most anyone under 20 is a babeh~ cause aww.... young folk. lol I do think he'd be developmentally under 10 years old... assuming. He talks a bit in Kirby Epic Yarn but that's an odd game. Hard to pin exactly if it's canon or fits anywhere. Still even a child/baby can talk a bit.

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
(warning: major sarcasm ahead)
Kirby a minor series? Yes, that certainly explains why they went full-on with their celebration of it's 30th anniversary with a full-fledged collection of the major Kirby titles(Kirby's Dream Collection). Then there's also the sales point people mentioned...
Also, Kirby has had titles in about every single major Nintendo console and handheld so far, plenty of them in fact.

And we can't forget, Kirby had a 100+ episode cartoon series, yes that's certainly the kind of treatment a minor series would receive :colorful:

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I hope we can move on to the next page soon so that we can forget about that deetractor!

Last edited:

Calane

Smash Ace
On the topic of Kirby's age, I always thought of him to be around 6-8 years old. I don't see him as super young, since he doesn't seem to act like a baby, but he's not too old since he's still pretty childish in that all he really cares about is food most of the time. If he were a baby, I don't think he'd be as heroic and willing to help others as he currently is, he has to at least be old enough to know right from wrong and have a sense of justice.

Also, I'm a bit confused why people don't think Kirby is a big franchise. Isn't it more successful than Metroid, Star Fox, F-Zero and many other Nintendo franchises? It may not be super popular (at least not where I live), but you can't deny that it's a very successful Nintendo franchise and is still alive and well. Something a series like Metroid can't say. (I like Metroid, I'm just making a comparison.)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Did anyone know that Kirby Super Star was heavily censored in the international versions?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Speaking of items, the Japanese sprite games had food items such as bento instead of hamburgers iirc
Not to mention some animations were changed and the grass in the Samurai Kirby Sub-game were removed, there are also more things.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So we know the differences
I suppose...

In the Japanese version there are many foods that were changed in the Engilsh version.
The tutorial is different due to the Super Famicom having a different controller.
The Arena has a different logo.
The Japanese version has more Kanji.
The Virus battle is called Windows 96'.
And finally, bug fixes.
That's the list!

Top Bottom