• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
gengar looks like a bad character honestly, he's slow and his moves are slow, he seems like he would get bodied by a pika in no time...

anyways, I want to ask you guys. If BDee is in the game, there is no doubt the other 2 Rainbow Curse colors would be used, but do you think the unused Blue BDee would be used?

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
I have zero interest in this game. Gengar is a cute looking pokemon though
And still, no Poliwrath or Lopunny :cry:
Gengar is cool I guess
We still need a Wii U port of that game thought
gengar looks like a bad character honestly, he's slow and his moves are slow, he seems like he would get bodied by a pika in no time...

anyways, I want to ask you guys. If BDee is in the game, there is no doubt the other 2 Rainbow Curse colors would be used, but do you think the unused Blue BDee would be used?
It looks like Gengar would play like a Tank or a Glass Cannon fighter
Also coming back to BD, I don't really think we'll see the unused Blue skin again :c
Sorry but get this **** out of here lol.
Bruh
Bandanna dee is probably one of my top picks for the ballot, after wolf that is.
He has his entire moveset in kirbys return to dreamland and could use his spear for really cool moves. Im a huge final fantasy fan, so if he had a jump ability i would probably main bandanna dee. His spear could have a tipper effect like marth to make his playstyle require lots of positioning and stuff, my god i just really want him in the game! This characters is adorable and amazing! and its a frikin waddle dee!
Welcome to SmashBoards fellow Dee supporter! :chuckle:

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990

that unused colour looks awesome I want it in its got a "graffiti type" feel to it IMO and I would make it my main colour too.

D

Deleted member

I hope Pokken comes to the US. I would buy that in an instant and main Pikachu.

I just hope that Mewtwo is in this game. That would be pretty hype.

I don't think so. I think that color will be lost to history.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

It's a possibility but the odds are mostly against it.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
@ kirby_queen kirby_queen In my opinion, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse is fun, but I do think it's best if you got a Wiimote and just carried Kirby around with Bandana Dee. Either way is fun but I recommend the ladder, especially if you want to look at the GORGEOUS visuals!

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
@ kirby_queen kirby_queen In my opinion, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse is fun, but I do think it's best if you got a Wiimote and just carried Kirby around with Bandana Dee. Either way is fun but I recommend the ladder, especially if you want to look at the GORGEOUS visuals!
Thing is you need the gamepad either way it seems to break blocks I think and use the hundred stars to collect things, etc. So It seems like either way I'd be having to switch controllers and that seems lame. Sorry but I'm not sold. I may play it someday anyway since it's a Kirby game but it's still not priority atm

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Thing is you need the gamepad either way it seems to break blocks I think and use the hundred stars to collect things, etc. So It seems like either way I'd be having to switch controllers and that seems lame. Sorry but I'm not sold. I may play it someday anyway since it's a Kirby game but it's still not priority atm
You can also throw Kirby to break things!

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
You can also throw Kirby to break things!
lol well that doesn't appeal to me as something I want to do in a Kirby game.... grab Kirby and throw him at blocks the video game... I'm pretty sure in later levels YOU need to draw lines anyway to avoid falling in lava and stuff... just no...

I know you're trying to get me interested. I already gave HAL my money. It's fine. I'm fine. I'm having fun either way. I'm not sad about it.

I hope we get to see Elline on another Kirby game, she would fill perfectly the space that Adeleine left
Also, If Adeleine comes back then we have the Painter and the Painbrush, it would be perfect :chuckle:
Ado herself was just filling in for paint roller sooo....

maybe this painter role is something that just gets replaced every couple games. Sometimes with bosses like Drawcia and Paintra...

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
lol well that doesn't appeal to me as something I want to do in a Kirby game.... grab Kirby and throw him at blocks the video game... I'm pretty sure in later levels YOU need to draw lines anyway to avoid falling in lava and stuff... just no...

I know you're trying to get me interested. I already gave HAL my money. It's fine. I'm fine. I'm having fun either way. I'm not sad about it.

Ado herself was just filling in the roller for paint roller sooo....

maybe this painter role is something that just gets replaced every couple games. Sometimes with bosses like Drawcia and Paintra...
You know what, I've never actually played Canvas Curse! How does it seem compared to Rainbow Curse? Also when I said you could throw Kirby a objects I was sating a fact/alternative to using a charged rainbow line. But what if that was a game?

Last edited:

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
I was going to say don't forget paint roller but I got deelayed with my post.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Ado herself was just filling in the roller for paint roller sooo....

Drawcia was the main antagonist from Canvas Curse; Paintra, her sister, was a Boss in Kirby Triple Deluxe
Just a little reference, Paintra isn't the replace of anyone :p
Also, Paint Roller was in Canvas Curse, while Adeleine wasn't
And remember that Paint Roller is a boss, Adeleine was also a assist character :colorful:
The Painter role isn't a thing, they're just characters that paint, anyone replaces anyone :awesome:
If we see Elline on a future game, I hope she works just like Bandana Dee in Triple Deluxe, giving food before a boss fight
And her Diary was the cutest thing ever, it was a really good way to tell the story of Rainbow Curse
It wouldn't bother me if they carried over her diary to future Kirby games :oneeye:

Elline pls don't go :cry:

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Drawcia was the main antagonist from Canvas Curse; Paintra, her sister, was a Boss in Kirby Triple Deluxe
And remember that Paint Roller is a boss, Adeleine was also a assist character :colorful:
The Painter role isn't a thing, they're just characters that paint, anyone replaces anyone :awesome:
If we see Elline on a future game, I hope she works just like Bandana Dee in Triple Deluxe, giving food before a boss fight
And her Diary was the cutest thing ever, it was a really good way to tell the story of Rainbow Curse
It wouldn't bother me if they carried over her diary to future Kirby games :oneeye:

Plot of Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Kirby 64 abridged!:p

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
You know what, I've never actually played Canvas Curse! How does it seem compared to Rainbow Curse? Also when I said you could throw Kirby a objects I was sating a fact/alternative to using a charged rainbow line. But what if that was a game?
I dunno ask someone whose played both games. What I can tell you from gameplay observation is that in Rainbow Curse, Kirby rolls faster and because of this they decided to remove Kirby's abilities in the game cause they said it couldn't function. So no powers to use in collection which is too bad. I liked how they managed to keep something so iconic about Kirby with an all new gameplay style in Canvas Curse. To me it was super impressive. I liked getting powers and using them in the collection such as the one coin you had to get with wheelie and having to draw the lines to get to it before the path closed. It was super clever. Instead you have vehicle transformation stuff like with Epic Yarn and Yoshi Story games.

Ado was first a boss in DL3 THAN se became an assist. Paint Roller was a boss in Adventure and did exactly what she did first lol... so.... than Paintra/Drawcia are bosses that also bring images to life as well... reusing the idea of pictures for attacks. Paint Roller came back in CC but yeah either way he was the first character to do this and sadly hasn't been seen since as one of the bosses.

Not sure if characters are being replaced per se I suppose but they sure do the same or similar thing every gen or so with new characters. I wonder what new character will draw with paint in a future Kirby game. Maybe it's just a theme HAL likes

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Plot of Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Kirby 64 abridged!:p
I don't get it, pls explain :dizzy:
I dunno ask someone whose played both games. What I can tell you from gameplay observation is that in Rainbow Curse, Kirby folls faster and because of this they decided to remove Kirby's abilities in the game cause they said it couldn't function. So no powers to use in collection with is too bad. I liked how they managed to keep something so iconic about Kirby with an all new gameplay style in Canvas Curse. To me it was super impressive. I liked getting powers and using them in the collection such as the one coin you had to get with wheelie and having to draw the lines to get to it before the path closed. It was super clever. Instead you have vehicle transformation stuff like with Epic Yarn and Yoshi Story games.

Ado was first a boss in DL3 THAN se became an assist. Paint Roller was a boss in Adventure and did exactly what she did first lol... so.... than Paintra/Drawcia are bosses that also bring images to life as well... reusing the idea of pictures for attacks. Paint Roller came back in CC but yeah either way he was the first character to do this and sadly hasn't been seen since as one of the bosses.

Not sure if characters are being replaced per se I suppose but they sure do the same or similar thing every gen or so with new characters. I wonder what new character will draw with paint in a future Kirby game. Maybe it's just a theme HAL likes
"Ado was first a boss in DL3 THAN se became an assist"
THAN?
se?
:cyclops:
That's what I'm talking about Paint Roller was NEVER an assist and Paintra is just a neat little reference to Drawcia
No replacements, just characters that paint, aside of Drawcia and Paintra who are sisters, I don't think that we should link characters just because they have similar traits :)
That's like saying that Taranza replaced Magolor because they are both wizards with floating hands
"Oh I wonder what Wizard wih floating hands we'll get in the next Kirby game"

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I don't get it, pls explain :dizzy:

"Ado was first a boss in DL3 THAN se became an assist"
THAN?
se?
:cyclops:
That's what I'm talking about Paint Roller was NEVER an assist and Paintra is just a neat little reference to Drawcia
I don't get how this disregards anything though in terms of how she originated. What she does as being similar to enemies of the past and present. Sooo... I guess if someone liked paint roller or drawcia enough to make them an assist in one game, I guess they'd be the same thing too but it wouldn't change that they were all originally a boss in some instance and they have the same ability. One just happened to have an expanded role once. One can still see them as related characters in theme, origin role, and ability.

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
I don't get how this disregards anything though in terms of how she originated. What she does as being similar to enemies of the past and present. Sooo... I guess if someone liked paint roller or drawcia enough to make them an assist in one game, I guess they'd be the same thing too but it wouldn't change that they were all originally a boss in some instance and they have the same ability. One just happened to have an expanded role once. One can still see them as related characters in theme, origin role, and ability.

'nuff said

EDIT: You could say that Magolor is also a replacement for Marx :p

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I consider them related enemies actually. In fact it might be implied within Triple Deluxe that they COULD be related or know each other. Soo. Okay

I mean Ado literally attacks and is displayed the same way as Paint Roller. She stands with a canvas on screen, draws on said canvas, usually an enemy of Kirby, it jumps out and attacks Kirby. If I literally modded her first appearance with Paint Roller it'd still fit perfectly fine...

At least I know I couldn't do that with Magolor and Taranza whose means of attack we don't know are similar other than magic and magic ball... we dont' know how they'd stand there and attack but from a boss design point of view, Ado and Paint Roller are the same x-x

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr

'nuff said
I would add this:

It's the same thing.
Marx is the first one, Magolor is inspired by Marx but it was developed into a deeper character, then Taranza is "reverse Marx" or "reverse Magolor".

Also, merging the topics: Magolor+Paint Roller=
He's not a painter, but he fits the trope of the boss who attacks summoning things. Though, it has never been a character, it's just a random boss, and a one time one.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I would add this:

It's the same thing.
Marx is the first one, Magolor is inspired by Marx but it was developed into a deeper character, then Taranza is "reverse Marx" or "reverse Magolor".
They attack differently for the most part (some attacks are similar) but with in the story they are the same devious type of character. Double crossers. This is true. Though I always felt like it was and ode to Super Star since it was the first game in over 10 years to finally bring back the moveset mechanic of Super Star and thus it had a similar villain plot. Though I never denied they weren't the same type of evil guy. This conversation isn't even about Marx though or magolor, or even Taranza. I'm saying Ado is like Paint Roller and it's true. I'm not denying that other characters aren't similar but you can't all sit there and deny Ado herself isn't similar... it just doesn't work like that. You're all just proving my point that HAL has repeated themes or replaces characters AND/or relates them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom