• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
I actually never played the original Air Ride...what turned me off and perplexed me was how mixed the reviews for the game seemed to be when the fanbase seemingly loved it. Is it truly a love it or hate it game? Or do the reviewers just not get it?(Wouldn't be surprised as my fav Kirby game of all time, Amazing Mirror, also got some mixed reviews)
Its a very love or hate game. I personally love its gameplay but it is very simple.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Its a very love or hate game. I personally love its gameplay but it is very simple.
It's considered one of the best Kirby games from fans, it's kind of like how Earthbound was mixed at launch but later claimed to be one of the best Mother games by fans! The more you know!:awesome: No let me rephrase that, it's considered one of the best RACING games of all time much like how Earthbound is considered one of the best RPGs of all time!

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
oh Kirby's air ride it's fun I never did get a Gamecube but a friend and I played it and it's different but in a good way

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
They talked about working on Kirby's first 3D Platformer entry and I'm hyped.
Well...I don't think they talked about working on 3D Kirby in that they're actually developing one now as we speak but more that they're just interested in making one. Personally, I'd just wait for them to walk the talk since I assume they've already attempted 3D Kirby many times now and couldn't get it to work, I think they've had this interest for a long time....

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I can't wait for the next Kirby to be honest. I became less interested in Rainbow Curse the more I saw gameplay and the closer it got to release. Also I did not want to play the game on the gamepad, nope. So I bought a copy of the game and it's still in plastic somewhere. Which bumbs me out cause I've played every Kirby game even the ones I wasn't so excited for like Epic Yarn and Squeak Squad. I'm just tired though of the games that don't take Kirby to the next level though. Rainbow Curse looked less impressive than Canvas Curse with it's lack of more diverse sub games, lack of powers integrated into the puzzle and collection aspect of the game, slow moving paced vehcile transformation moments, sub final boss being way too similar to the other final boss from CC, can't look at beautiful visuals from my HD TV... nope gotta look at the inferior visuals on the gampad... yup nice graphics.

Just disappointment all around. I'm hoping that Rainbow Curse is just quick and easy churned out title for HAL that borrowed a lot for the reason that they've got bigger fish to fry with a possible new game. So in that case whatever...

They talked about working on Kirby's first 3D Platformer entry and I'm hyped.
Wasn't a 3D platformer one of the phases for Kirby's Return to Dreamland?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Next Kirby game might likely be a 3D Platformer.
You mean like Super Mario Galaxy? That would be awesome! Not sure how it would work though. I'm not entirely sure they could have the inhale mechanics work without it akin to first person shooter controls. But if they can find a way, THEY MUST DO IT!!!!!!!

I want to say such a title would be made for the Wii U but they might put it on the 3DS really considering 3DS games do better and I'm sure Triple Deluxe did better than Rainbow Curse.
To be fair, Kirby's Rainbow Curse wasn't the traditional Kirby game. Even as a Kirby fan, I'm not thrilled about it. It's not my style.

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
It's considered one of the best Kirby games from fans, it's kind of like how Earthbound was mixed at launch but later claimed to be one of the best Mother games by fans! The more you know!:awesome: No let me rephrase that, it's considered one of the best RACING games of all time much like how Earthbound is considered one of the best RPGs of all time!
I heard Earthbound is in the Top 3 Mother games.

About Kirby Air Ride ... ehhh ... I still don't know something, was it possible to use the copy ability without losing speed? XDD
If there is a way, I don't know about it.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Kirby Air Ride is a terrible racing game LOL tbh. For some reason in development they thought "hey Kirby is all about simplicity.... so lets simplify the controls!" and tbh Racing game controls are not rocket science and mapping everything to one button was so awkward (though you can get the hang of it.) It still wasn't very good. Not to mention the racing was on rails most of the time and you could seriously set your control down and just let the game play itself.... no even kidding.

However in all honestly most people don't give a crap about Air Ride as a racing game. They are really just talking about the sub game City Trial mode. A game kind of like Smash4's Smash Run but actually better. In this mode you can collect power ups, do different challenges, interact and steal from the other players, smash the other player's vehicles, explore a big open map, neat events like giant Dynablade that attacks or a Giant UFO you could get on top of and ride, etc etc, SUPER great multiplayer mode that's less about the actual MAIN racing and more a chaotic multiplayer event.

The only way I'd care about a new Air Ride game if it's strictly City Trial modes with more maps, improved controls, and improved racing for the track events. Otherwise, nope lol

HAL didn't say they're making a 3D game, only that they'd like to try
They worked one that they cancelled but you're still right. I don't know if they're working on one right now. tbh. They did say they'd consider it if fans were interested. So I'm still a little hopeful but I'm not also entirely betting solely on this possibility. Still HAL needs to step it up as well. If they release yet another game similar to both Triple Deluxe and RtDL in terms of mechanics and don't expand of them enough, casual Kirby enthusiasts would claim they've run of of steam.

Last edited:

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
Kirby Air Ride is a terrible racing game LOL tbh. For some reason in development they thought "hey Kirby is all about simplicity.... so lets simplify the controls!" and tbh Racing game controls are not rocket science and mapping everything to one button was so awkward (though you can get the hang of it.) It still wasn't very good. Not to mention the racing was on rails most of the time and you could seriously set your control down and just let the game play itself.... no even kidding.

However in all honestly most people don't give a crap about Air Ride as a racing game. They are really just talking about the sub game City Trial mode. A game kind of like Smash4's Smash Run but actually better. In this mode you can collect power ups, do different challenges, interact and steal from the other players, smash the other player's vehicles, explore a big open map, neat events like giant Dynablade that attacks or a Giant UFO you could get on top of and ride, etc etc, SUPER great multiplayer mode that's less about the actual MAIN racing and more a chaotic multiplayer event.

The only way I'd care about a new Air Ride game if it's strictly City Trial modes with more maps, improved controls, and improved racing for the track events. Otherwise, nope lol

They worked one that they cancelled but you're still right. I don't know if they're working on one right now. tbh. They did say they'd consider it if fans were interested. So I'm still a little hopeful but I'm not also entirely betting solely on this possibility. Still HAL needs to step it up as well. If they release yet another game similar to both Triple Deluxe and RtDL in terms of mechanics and don't expand of them enough, casual Kirby enthusiasts would claim they've run of of steam.
But the simplicity made it unique. Air Ride was an original game. I would add a few more buttons controls but its still a great game.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
But the simplicity made it unique. Air Ride was an original game. I would add a few more buttons controls but its still a great game.
unique doesn't always mean great design though. Sometimes something is rarely done and is a unique concept cause developers knew not to do it. Simplifying a a genre of games known to already be simple as is (acceleration button + joystick) and saying hey "make everything the A button" is just ridiculous imo. Also having on rails too. You could seriously not press anything and have a chance at winning. I mean that is truly truly unique but I just don't think that's good.

City Trial Mode IS A UNIQUE mode and that's actually a great idea. I will give Air Ride that. Usually when people praise Air Ride they pretty much mean this mode anyway, which I can't diss because it's awesome and it's very different as far as modes go in racing games. Nothing like it.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
unique doesn't always mean great design though. Sometimes something is rarely done and is a unique concept cause developers knew not to do it. Simplifying a a genre of games known to already be simple as is (acceleration button + joystick) and saying hey "make everything the A button" is just ridiculous imo. Also having on rails too. You could seriously not press anything and have a chance at winning. I mean that is truly truly unique but I just don't think that's good.

City Trial Mode IS A UNIQUE mode and that's actually a great idea. I will give Air Ride that. Usually when people praise Air Ride they pretty much mean this mode anyway, which I can't diss because it's awesome and it's very different as far as modes go in racing games. Nothing like it.
But it's consdered one of the greatest racing games of all time!

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
My favorite Air Ride Machines were Winged Star, Rocket Star and Bulk Star ... and the Wheelies.
image.jpg

City Trail was the best side-game ever

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'd give it that title too and not because I like the racing itself but because I'd rather play City Trial Mode over any racing game.
But it has that title due to it's simplicity and the fact that it's easy to pick up! It's fun and people have been playing it for years and are still having fun!

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Ladies and Gentlemen, our meme problem has been answered. Introduce you to: Bandana Dee rides things.
View attachment 49003 View attachment 49004 View attachment 49005
So, what do you think?
Make dee riding ridley and every one lose their minds. or riding the rocket barrel from donkey kong country returns, best rocket ever.

Kirby air ride is awesome is the CLOSET THINGS of a 3D Kirby game, seriusly, go city trial, left the kart and walk, 3D Kirby game right there in beta.
Kirby air ride is the most Unique racing game out there, I seen many but Kirby Air Ride to me, is beyond unique, is own game I can,t compared to any racing games except Mario Kart is you want chaotic.

City trial> Smash Run. After all Im starting to like Smash run more than Adventure mode from melee because I can fight many different enemy and objective, instead of the same level, same enemy placement, with every freaking characters, It like Sonic adventure 2 all over again.

City TRIAL, Vs. Dedede was hard as hell. you need the paralysis kart when you press A is stop to attack with Sword transform, you can pretty much win the fight in mere seconds

City trial can custom the stadium but not Smash Run, da freaging sakurai!?

I feel bad for that unfinished 3D Screenshot that show.... I WANT KIRBY DREAM SUNSHINE SUN GALAXY!!! DO IT HAL, HYPE MY MANLINESS WITH KIRBY CUTENESS OF DOOM.
@ kirby_queen kirby_queen Rainbow course is a short and fun game, there like 90 challenges games is you want to do it, but they look tedious and they RECYCLED THE BOSSES JUST LIKE CANVAS CURSE?! But you have to believe but the Soundtrack of the games is amazing, Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo amazing that you want to see Sakurai, Slap him in the face and say "Why you not put modern Kirby godly music remixed in smash bros 4 or I gonna chobba that dak prit." Seriously, WHY NOT.

This one of my favorite ost: World 2-3 Long lost Ruins https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWNd8psVVoM

What all this suppose to mean to the Dee. Is the next Kirby game show Bandanna Dee, Bandanna gonna have a greater chance in each game popularity and importance.

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
Kirby air ride is awesome is the CLOSET THINGS of a 3D Kirby game, seriusly, go city trial, left the kart and walk, 3D Kirby game right there in beta.
Kirby air ride is the most Unique racing game out there, I seen many but Kirby Air Ride to me, is
What all this suppose to mean to the Dee. Is the next Kirby game show Bandanna Dee, Bandanna gonna have a greater chance in each game popularity and importance.
Suppose the next game is Kirby's Remade Ride, Bandana Dee can be a secret character like Meta Knight and King Dedede in the original. He could use a Bike and glide using Spear Copter.

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
the smash modes were bad imo I don't have a gc and I wanted to play games like mario sunshine, Paper mario ttyd, kirbys air ride etc. i heard the best thing about airride was city trial so smash run made me hype BUT its more single player focused than anything, the bosses are broken and YOU CANT EVEN INTERACT WITH OTHER PLAYERS, no online, smash run was advertised as city trial in smash :ohwell: what I hear in city trial the fun was beating up players and stealing their items

smash tour is a mess, chaos everywhere, random characters etc

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I would love a Smash Wii U mode with all the Smash Run enemies.
It doesn't need to be like Smash Run, maybe something similar to Multi-Man.

Also, please don't double post @ Kerpy Derp Kerpy Derp
I want to deestroy you play with you.

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Hey @ Kerpy Derp Kerpy Derp , be wary of double posts (multiple posts in a row), they are against our rules. Next time use the edit button when you want to add content to one of your posts.

:227:

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
Smash run was advertised as city trial in smash :ohwell: what I hear in city trial the fun was beating up players and stealing their items
Taking my friend power-ups, nuking them with a triple Gordo, and destroying their new Hydra/Dragoon when it has low health are some if the best parts if the game.

Edit: Where is the Skitty Icon :300:
Edit 2: We have more pages than the Isaac board. :happysheep:

Last edited:

Kerpy Derp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kerpy Derp
3DS FC
3136-7596-2766
Sorry I thought that was a double post but wasn't sure I will try not to do it again but I'm quite bad at that @chandalure your om

Top Bottom