• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I just think racing games are simple already. You don't need to simply it EVEN more to the point you just have A be the brakes and everything else and the kart is on rails and plays itself in the racing game :/ I know people like it as a racing game but I think Mario Kart is still superior in this front. It's not like Mario Kart is so hard to understand that someone needed to invent something simpler imo x_x Especially if you're used to the set up in other kart games and suddenly have this new set up and what was suppose to be a simple concepts ends up being something you have to figure out now and adjust to. Which than destroys the whole idea behind making it simpler x_x

My dream Air Ride sequel would improve the controls and would mostly concentrate on City Trial mode. More maps other than the city map, more vehicles, more unlockable characters, more interesting events, more interesting challenges, online! The online could have a neat hub world where everyone's customized vehicles and Kirby characters could meet up for Trial modes. OP of a room could set up the room and rules. The options would be like those in City Trial mode where you can choose the time and challenge. There could also be rooms with random challenges *o*

THE POTENTIAL *o*

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I personally hate Smash Tour, in my opinion it's an all-time low for Smash Bros! :cry:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So, that guidence I made for Bandana Dee, all for nothing!:cry:

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
To be honest, I never really enjoyed Air Ride too much. The ideas are cool, and it's a creative game, but it's a bit too much simplified imo.
I mean that the physics, the controls, the map of city trial...
the details, there is no cure for any detail; compare it to any modern Kirby game, Triple Deluxe is incredible for the attention to little details. I'm not pretending for Air Ride to be on the same level of Triple Deluxe, but it really felt on the same level of most of the modern Sonic games, quality-wise (that means mediocre).

Also, I'm not a fan of games made out of achievements, this is a problem that I also had with this new Smash Bros.
City Trial is cool, but the world map is so rushed, the realization is so simple that it seems coming from a PS1 game, so are most of the tracks (especially since the previous game in the series was Kirby 64 and it had amazing visuals and art style).

comparison with the standards of Gamecube:

I think it could have been a lot better with some more dedication; I wouldn't mind a Kirby Air Ride 2 with a better level of quality though.
Probably they lowered quantity of details on purpose to accomodate the fast paced gameplay, I can understand... no I can't.

It's not just about the graphics, it's that the game doesn't feel polished enough to me, in every aspect.

Another negative note, Air Ride is the game where Sakurai started with his bias of representing only his own games, since he purposely based it entirely on Kirby Superstar (characters, enemies, visual style) despite the most recent big Kirby game at the time was Kirby 64.
If an Air Ride 2 has to be made, I'd want that it would be made like Kirby Fighters, with elements from any Kirby game, not only based on Sakurai's Kirby.

EDIT:
I think it's useless to say that I want this, it's obvious I think XD

It could be the occasion for ANY Kirby character to have his small comeback, even the one shot ones.
Mario has Mario Kart, why Kirby can't have his own party game full of retro fanservice?

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
I know many people loved Air Ride, but at the same time hated it. In my opinion, there was only one thing that grabbed my attention and sold me: The Dragoon. Now THAT was an air ride machine. It wasn't really the combat type ride, but if you needed to get somewhere fast, that was your vehicle. It made city trial MUCH easier.

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
I'll do some Smash 3ds if anyone want ti do it. My friend code is 1091-8635-3184 and

did u guys see my fanfic and how do you think of it so far?
I started reading it and it seems like a great story.

Last edited:

Calane

Smash Ace
On the topic of Air Ride, I really loved that game. Still do. And not for City Trial mode, actually. Air Ride mode was always my favorite. Strange, I know. I've become so good at that game that I can pretty much beat anyone, anytime, while just using the regular Warp Star on every course (but not Nebula Belt). Great game, in my opinion. I was never that obsessed about the City Trial mode, but I understand that's what most people play it for. Also, I seen some discussion about Rainbow Curse earlier. Has anyone else other than me completed that game 100%? It's so freaking hard to do (dat challenge mode), but it's so satisfying to see that beautiful 100% above my save file. I actually enjoy the game more than Canvas Curse, and I love that game too. Heck, if I'm being honest here, I love every Kirby game there is. I own them all too (but not Kirby's Super Star Stacker, sadly).

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
On the topic of Air Ride, I really loved that game. Still do. And not for City Trial mode, actually. Air Ride mode was always my favorite. Strange, I know. I've become so good at that game that I can pretty much beat anyone, anytime, while just using the regular Warp Star on every course (but not Nebula Belt). Great game, in my opinion. I was never that obsessed about the City Trial mode, but I understand that's what most people play it for. Also, I seen some discussion about Rainbow Curse earlier. Has anyone else other than me completed that game 100%? It's so freaking hard to do (dat challenge mode), but it's so satisfying to see that beautiful 100% above my save file. I actually enjoy the game more than Canvas Curse, and I love that game too. Heck, if I'm being honest here, I love every Kirby game there is. I own them all too (but not Kirby's Super Star Stacker, sadly).
I haven't even opened it to be honest. I liked Canvas Curse but it's not really an experience I was dying for more of. I also think Rainbow Curse seems inferior to it based on everything I've seen and whats been added/removed, and how it's plays.

I like every Kirby game but I definitely LOVE some way more than others.

However in recent years I've also grown obsessed with the Monster Hunter franchise. Where as Rainbow Curse doesn't look to being even close to the best game in the franchise, MH4U does seem like the best entry so far in the MH franchise so it's taken priority right now in my life.

I also beat the main mode in BOXBOY! (Hal Lab's other released game) and I enjoyed that game a lot. I'm currently in the extra worlds unlocked at the end but I'm kind of stuck on one of the levels so I'm taking a break, lol.

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
We passed the Isaac thread in posts? BANDANA DEELC CONFIRMED THANC U MASHED POTATO SAMURAI
that made me laugh
NO NO I HAVE YOUR FRIEND CODE :eek: I just for got to tell you. :'(
added you add me

Back to bandana Dee we really have not discussed some minor details about character status how about his trophy description?

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I feel like a BDee trophy should have been in the game ;o

I mean Magolor and Galacta Knight were and they are from RtDL....

BDee was PLAYABLE though and that makes him a memorable part of the game... so how does the Lor Starcutter get a trophy and not BDee x_x

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I feel like a BDee trophy should have been in the game ;o

I mean Magolor and Galacta Knight were and they are from RtDL....

BDee was PLAYABLE though and that makes him a memorable part of the game... so how does the Lor Starcutter get a trophy and not BDee x_x
one of the pre-ballot DLC? I may be blowing smoke but did roy get a trophy?

Calane

Smash Ace
I haven't even opened it to be honest. I liked Canvas Curse but it's not really an experience I was dying for more of. I also think Rainbow Curse seems inferior to it based on everything I've seen and whats been added/removed, and how it's plays.

I like every Kirby game but I definitely LOVE some way more than others.

However in recent years I've also grown obsessed with the Monster Hunter franchise. Where as Rainbow Curse doesn't look to being even close to the best game in the franchise, MH4U does seem like the best entry so far in the MH franchise so it's taken priority right now in my life.

I also beat the main mode in BOXBOY! (Hal Lab's other released game) and I enjoyed that game a lot. I'm currently in the extra worlds unlocked at the end but I'm kind of stuck on one of the levels so I'm taking a break, lol.
Well, not to sound rude, but your opinion doesn't mean much unless you actually try the game out. Looks can be deceiving you know. Rainbow Curse isn't the "best" game in the franchise, but I don't think that's what it was trying to be. It's supposed to just be a fun, inventive game. And...that's what it is. I wouldn't call Mass Attack the best game in the franchise, but I would definitely say it was a blast and one of the most unique games I've ever played. Rainbow Curse expands upon what Canvas Curse did. It brings a bunch of new ideas within the same gameplay style, and the levels, in my opinion, are much more fun in Rainbow Curse. It's kind of like this, Canvas Curse created the gameplay and mixed it in with Kirby's traditional abilities (the copy abilities and such), while Rainbow Curse takes the gameplay and focuses purely on that, completely taking advantage of everything that gameplay style can do.

It makes for a fun and creative game. I like it a lot, actually. The levels are designed perfectly, the music is amazing, the graphics are great (even on the gamepad), and all the unlockables are fun and interesting to read and see. It's also a really hard game to complete, keeping me busy for quite a while. I honestly don't have much negative to say about the game, but I understand if it doesn't interest you. I recommend you at least give it a try, though. The game also makes you think a lot, using it's mechanics in some pretty interesting ways. It makes for some fun puzzles. Overall, if you even liked Canvas Curse a little, you'll like Rainbow Curse. :laugh:

As for Monster Hunter, I've heard a lot about that series. Never had a chance to play it, though. And BOXBOY looks like fun. I might pick it up when I get the chance someday. I'm playing through Lufia: The Legend Returns at the moment. Well...not that anyone cares, just thought I'd say that, Lol.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836

This is how Kirby looks with the Bowser Jr hat
He has a Bandana!!!
You know who else has a Bandana?
IlluminaDeeLC totally confirmed guys!!!

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Well, not to sound rude, but your opinion doesn't mean much unless you actually try the game out. Looks can be deceiving you know. Rainbow Curse isn't the "best" game in the franchise, but I don't think that's what it was trying to be. It's supposed to just be a fun, inventive game. And...that's what it is. I wouldn't call Mass Attack the best game in the franchise, but I would definitely say it was a blast and one of the most unique games I've ever played. Rainbow Curse expands upon what Canvas Curse did. It brings a bunch of new ideas within the same gameplay style, and the levels, in my opinion, are much more fun in Rainbow Curse. It's kind of like this, Canvas Curse created the gameplay and mixed it in with Kirby's traditional abilities (the copy abilities and such), while Rainbow Curse takes the gameplay and focuses purely on that, completely taking advantage of everything that gameplay style can do.

It makes for a fun and creative game. I like it a lot, actually. The levels are designed perfectly, the music is amazing, the graphics are great (even on the gamepad), and all the unlockables are fun and interesting to read and see. It's also a really hard game to complete, keeping me busy for quite a while. I honestly don't have much negative to say about the game, but I understand if it doesn't interest you. I recommend you at least give it a try, though. The game also makes you think a lot, using it's mechanics in some pretty interesting ways. It makes for some fun puzzles. Overall, if you even liked Canvas Curse a little, you'll like Rainbow Curse. :laugh:

As for Monster Hunter, I've heard a lot about that series. Never had a chance to play it, though. And BOXBOY looks like fun. I might pick it up when I get the chance someday. I'm playing through Lufia: The Legend Returns at the moment. Well...not that anyone cares, just thought I'd say that, Lol.
The reason I made the statement regarding Rainbow Curse not looking like the best game in the franchise is because of my video game backlog with MH4U indeed being a worth while title for a MH fan and so it's taken priority in comparison to Rainbow Curse. So that's why I haven't bothered playing it.

I also never stated Rainbow Curse was not inventive. It's pretty much Canvas Curse's gameplay mechanic which was inventive back then and still unique (although less so in the age of touch screens) now.

I'm just not interested in the lack of abilities in use of collection and puzzling, not interested in playing the game on the gamepad, not impressed with how the sub final boss is beaten the same way as CC's final boss, not interested in the lack of more diverse sub games, and not really interested in revisiting this kind of gameplay. I thought CC was fine (I like the game enough) but just not the most exciting entry in the franchise for me personally which is valid. That sort of gameplay is either something you are into or not regardless of how inventive it is.

Mass Attack is actually one of my favorite entries in the franchise and I'd honestly be a bit more excited to play a sequel to that game lol....

I'd just rather play MH4U tbh.

Last edited:

Calane

Smash Ace
The reason I made the statement regarding Rainbow Curse not looking like the best game in the franchise is because of my video game backlog with MH4U indeed being a worth while title for a MH fan and so it's taken priority in comparison to Rainbow Curse. So that's why I haven't bothered playing it.

I also never stated Rainbow Curse was not inventive. It's pretty much Canvas Curse's gameplay mechanic which was inventive back then and still unique (although less so in the age of touch screens) now.

I'm just not interested in the lack of abilities in use of collection and puzzling, not interested in playing the game on the gamepad, not impressed with how the sub final boss is beaten the same way as CC's final boss, not interested in the lack of more diverse sub games, and not really interested in revisiting this kind of gameplay. I thought CC was fine (I like the game enough) but just not the most exciting entry in the franchise for me personally which is valid. That sort of gameplay is either something you are into or not regardless of how inventive it is.

Mass Attack is actually one of my favorite entries in the franchise and I'd honestly be a bit more excited to play a sequel to that game lol....

I'd just rather play MH4U tbh.
That's fine, and I'm not really saying your wrong for feeling that way. Do what you want to do. If the game doesn't interest you that much, hurray, you have opinions that don't match up with mine. Such is the way of life. You're missing out on a fun game in my opinion, but it's just that...my opinion. If I'm going to be honest, Monster Hunter always looked boring to me, and I have absolutely no interest in trying it out. Does that make the game bad? Or less fun for you? No. I guess what I'm trying to say is, you might enjoy the game more than you think you will if you actually try it someday. Or maybe you won't. Who knows, and really, it's none of my concern.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
That's fine, and I'm not really saying your wrong for feeling that way. Do what you want to do. If the game doesn't interest you that much, hurray, you have opinions that don't match up with mine. Such is the way of life. You're missing out on a fun game in my opinion, but it's just that...my opinion. If I'm going to be honest, Monster Hunter always looked boring to me, and I have absolutely no interest in trying it out. Does that make the game bad? Or less fun for you? No. I guess what I'm trying to say is, you might enjoy the game more than you think you will if you actually try it someday. Or maybe you won't. Who knows, and really, it's none of my concern.
Ok.

VeteranUnderdog

Smash Rookie
NNID
VeteranUnderdog
3DS FC
3110-7027-9609
Bandanna dee is probably one of my top picks for the ballot, after wolf that is.
He has his entire moveset in kirbys return to dreamland and could use his spear for really cool moves. Im a huge final fantasy fan, so if he had a jump ability i would probably main bandanna dee. His spear could have a tipper effect like marth to make his playstyle require lots of positioning and stuff, my god i just really want him in the game! This characters is adorable and amazing! and its a frikin waddle dee!

Top Bottom