• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
I consider them related enemies actually. In fact it might be implied within Triple Deluxe that they COULD be related or know each other. Soo. Okay

I mean Ado literally attacks and is displayed the same way as Paint Roller. She stands with a canvas on screen, draws on said canvas, usually an enemy of Kirby, it jumps out and attacks Kirby. If I literally modded her first appearance with Paint Roller it'd still fit perfectly fine...

At least I know I couldn't do that with Magolor and Taranza whose means of attack we don't know are similar other than magic and magic ball... we dont' know how they'd stand there and attack.
Because THAT'S THE THING
We only know that they use magic and people think that they are related inmediatly
Ado WAS a boss like Paint Roller, then she became an assist and Paint Roller dissapears
Adeleine dissapears too eventually, then Canvas Curse comes out and we see Paint Roller making a comeback
Still, no sight of Adeleine, she just didn't came back
We see Paintra, a clear reference to Drawcia, and that's it, a REFERENCE, not a replacement
We still don't get Adeleine's come back, or even Paint Roller's come back
I'm afraid that Elline could be the definitive paint supporting character and Adeleine never appears again
But that's okay the Painter Role DOESN'T EXIST
Just because they all paint, it doesn't mean they are related in some way
EDIT:
Guess who could make a come back? :awesome:

But my cooker role!!!

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Because THAT'S THE THING
We only know that they use magic and people think that they are related inmediatly
Ado WAS a boss like Paint Roller, then she became an assist and Paint Roller dissapears
Adeleine dissapears too eventually, then Canvas Curse comes out and we see Paint Roller making a comeback
Still, no sight of Adeleine, she just didn't came back
We see Paintra, a clear reference to Drawcia, and that's it, a REFERENCE, not a replacement
We still don't get Adeleine's come back, or even Paint Roller's come back
I'm afraid that Elline could be the definitive paint supporting character and Adeleine never appears again
But that's okay the Painter Role DOESN'T EXIST
Just because they all paint, it doesn't mean they are related in some way
EDIT:
Guess who could make a come back? :awesome:

But my cooker role!!!
Just so you know I don't mean LITERALLY related. Related characters in concept and theme. x-x
and yes they are. In the case of Paint Roller and Ado unlike Drawcia and Paintra are literally almost the same character when they're bosses. Paintra is a reference to drawcia but she's also simliar and literally (in this case related to drawcia) and all these characters are related in concept and theme. ONE could say they are replacements if they personally felt so, if it's a concept they kept seeing and weren't interested in seeing again. Like omg a character that attacks with paint, how about something new? Though that's not an issue I personally have with HAL or the Kirby series. Though I'd say it's a valid feeling for others if they weren't interested in the reuse of the concept in it's entirety because it is an idea that is REUSED. Though I like to think it's because HAL just likes that concept and it's important to the creators personally.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
They attack differently for the most part (some attacks are similar) but with in the story they are the same devious type of character. Double crossers. This is true. Though I always felt like it was and ode to Super Star since it was the first game in over 10 years to finally bring back the moveset mechanic of Super Star and thus it had a similar villain plot. Though I never denied they weren't the same type of evil guy. This conversation isn't even about Marx though or magolor, or even Taranza. I'm saying Ado is like Paint Roller and it's true. I'm not denying that other characters aren't similar but you can't all sit there and deny Ado herself isn't similar... it just doesn't work like that. You're all just proving my point that HAL has repeated themes or replaces characters AND/or relates them.
Ado/Adeleine and Paint Roller are very different too. Aside from their attacks (Paint Roller runs across the screen doing several little drawings, Ado does bosses), they are very different as characters too. Paint Roller is just a boss, a recurring boss like Krako or Whispy (not very recurring though). Ado was a full character since Kirby's Dreamland 3, but you discover it only after the true ending, in the endgame cutscene/credits. She's kinda like the people of the Sky in Triple Deluxe. They are not even mentioned at the beginning of the game, but in the final sequence they get a role. Ado's role is not part of the adventure, it's more like a party after the world is finally safe, but it's still a cutscene where she's the main character and everyone else watches her drawings.

So if Magolor and Marx are different, then Adeleine and Paint Roller are different too. Anyway, the developers are the first ones making the analogy, since Marx and Magolor appear both in the same statue of Stone Kirby, and they often reference each other.

Also, I think Elline is referencing Adeleine a bit, some parts of her character design are similar, and the name also sounds a bit similar; I don't think Elline will replace Adeleine, I think it will be more like Paintra and Drawcia... also, it's confirmed that Elline and Claycia are a team, so if she will ever return, she will be teamed with Claycia kinda like Rosalina & Luma in Smash (unless it's another Canvas Curse like game where Kirby rolls on the rainbow rope, in that case Elline would probably be alone for gameplay purposes).

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Just so you know I don't mean LITERALLY related. Related characters in concept and theme. x-x
and yes they are. In the case of Paint Roller and Ado unlike Drawcia and Paintra are literally almost the same character when they're bosses. Paintra is a reference to drawcia but she's also simliar and literally (in this case related to drawcia) and all these characters are related in concept and theme. ONE could say they are replacements if they personally felt so, if it's a concept they kept seeing and weren't interested in seeing again. Like omg a character that attacks with paint, how about something new? Though that's not an issue I personally have with HAL or the Kirby series. Though I'd say it's a valid feeling for others if they weren't interested in the reuse of the concept in it's entirety.
Hey, YOU were the one who started with the "replacement" concept
As I said, they are no replacements
Just character with similar traits, magic, paint, etc
I just want Elline to become a stable Kirby character I would be REALLY sad if she just dissapears and never comes back
And again her Diary was super cute :awesome:

We could even use her Diary as a way to understand better what's going on since a lot of kirby games are lacking story :oneeye:
She could be an assist character just like BD on Triple Deluxe, but instead of giving food, she DRAWS food on a canvas and then give it to us, It would be a cool reference to Adeleine too
YEOOO SMASH RUN PLZ

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Ado/Adeleine and Paint Roller are very different too. Aside from their attacks (Paint Roller runs across the screen doing several little drawings, Ado does bosses), they are very different as characters too. Paint Roller is just a boss, a recurring boss like Krako or Whispy (not very recurring though). Ado was a full character since Kirby's Dreamland 3, but you discover it only after the true ending, in the endgame cutscene/credits. She's kinda like the people of the Sky in Triple Deluxe. They are not even mentioned at the beginning of the game, but in the final sequence they get a role. Ado's role is not part of the adventure, it's more like a party after the world is finally safe, but it's still a cutscene where she's the main character and everyone else watches her drawings.

So if Magolor and Marx are different, then Adeleine and Paint Roller are different too. Anyway, the developers are the first ones making the analogy, since Marx and Magolor appear both in the same statue of Stone Kirby, and they often reference each other.

Also, I think Elline is referencing Adeleine a bit, some parts of her character design are similar, and the name also sounds a bit similar; I don't think Elline will replace Adeleine, I think it will be more like Paintra and Drawcia... also, it's confirmed that Elline and Claycia are a team, so if she will ever return, she will be teamed with Claycia kinda like Rosalina & Luma in Smash (unless it's another Canvas Curse like game where Kirby rolls on the rainbow rope, in that case Elline would probably be alone for gameplay purposes).
I don't know if you read the part where I said they were mostly related by theme and concept. However I personally think they are the same character as bosses from a design point of view. Sure Paint Roller runs but literally everything else is the same. I'm not even talking about their characterization at this point, either.

I'm literally laughing though because 1. I'm buzzed and 2. somehow knew if I mentioned or got into this discussion about Ado, I'd see Iko Matter in these threads like a deer that's quickly turned it's head to a distant sound.... lolol

Hey, YOU were the one who started with the "replacement" concept
As I said, they are no replacements
Just character with similar traits, magic, paint, etc
I just want Elline to become a stable Kirby character I would be REALLY sad if she just dissapears and never comes back
And again her Diary was super cute :awesome:

We could even use her Diary as a way to understand better what's going on since a lot of kirby games are lacking story :oneeye:
She could be an assist character just like BD on Triple Deluxe, but instead of giving food, she DRAWS food on a canvas and then give it to us, It would be a cool reference to Adeleine too

Yup I still stand by the idea that they could be seen as replacements especially since Ado had an expanded role for literally having the same concept but okay. YOU GOT ME, MAN with that big text. I also explained why someone would interpret it that way based on the concept but whatever. Sure

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I don't know if you read the part where I said they were mostly related by theme and concept. However I personally think they are the same character as bosses from a design point of view. Sure Paint Roller runs but literally everything else is the same. I'm not even talking about their characterization at this point, either.

I'm literally laughing though because 1. I'm buzzed and 2. somehow knew if I mentioned or got into this discussion about Ado, I'd see Iko Matter in these threads like a deer that's quickly turned it's head to a distance sound.... lolol
Not my fault, if when you talk about Ado/Adeleine, it happens that I'm here reading XD
If you read the first post of my Adeleine thread, the fact that Adeleine is based on Paint Roller is one of the first sentences of it. I'm not saying that's not true, but since they are one inspired by the other, doesn't mean that they are exactly the same thing (just like Marx and Magolor).

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Not my fault, if when you talk about Ado/Adeleine, it happens that I'm here reading XD
If you read the first post of my Adeleine thread, the fact that Adeleine is based on Paint Roller is one of the first sentences of it. I'm not saying that's not true, but since they are one inspired by the other, doesn't mean that they are exactly the same thing (just like Marx and Magolor).
Well if I'm talking about concept, theme, and a possible interpretation than you can set down your shields. Also... if you don't mind me asking... what's your age and gender? You like ado a lot so I just want to know.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Yup I still stand by the idea that they could be seen as replacements especially since Ado had an expanded role for literally having the same concept but okay. YOU GOT ME, MAN with that big text. I also explained why someone would interpret it that way based on the concept but whatever. Sure

I don't think Adeleine is the replacement of anyone
Paint Roller is a boss
Ado was a boss, who then became an assist character
Elline is just an assist character
You could say that Adeleine replaced Paint Roller, but Adeleine was absent for a LONG time, meanwhile Paint Roller made an appearence on Canvas Curse, Adeleine didn't
This days we don't see Adeleine or Paint Roller, we only see Elline
And that's why I feel that Elline should become the painting assist girl character of the Kirby series
Now if that happens, she will be Adeleine's replacement
But for now let's just wait for the next Kirby game
I'm hoping Elline gets a supporting role just like BD in Triple Deluxe :p
Did I win? :4peach:

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Well if I'm talking about concept, theme, and a possible interpretation than you can set down your shields. Also... if you don't mind me asking... what's your age and gender? You like ado a lot so I just want to know.
I'm 26 and male (it's written in my profile), but I don't know how this could be related to the fact that I support Adeleine; aside from the fact that I'm old enough to have played Kirby 64, of course.

I like Ado/Adeleine because she was one of my favorite characters when I played those games. Then, she stopped appearing for no reasons and that's unfair. Also, it's because I like the art style of Shimomura's games a lot more than the art style in other games, and I feel like if Adeleine returns, a part of that art style would return due to the character representing those games and being a painter.
Last, because I loved Ado's drawings in the final sequence of Kirby's Dreamland 3, and they are one of the reasons why I decided to learn drawing.

I'm also studying product design, and I like minimalist products; Kirby's Dreamland 3 is one of the best example of minimalism in videogaming; graphics, gameplay, and everything else.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord

I don't think Adeleine is the replacement of anyone
Paint Roller is a boss
Ado was a boss, who then became an assist character
Elline is just an assist character
You could say that Adeleine replaced Paint Roller, but Adeleine was absent for a LONG time, meanwhile Paint Roller made an appearence on Canvas Curse, Adeleine didn't
This days we don't see Adeleine or Paint Roller, we only see Elline
And that's why I feel that Elline should become the painting assist girl character of the Kirby series
Now if that happens, she will be Adeleine's replacement
But for now let's just wait for the next Kirby game
I'm hoping Elline gets a supporting role just like BD in Triple Deluxe :p
I know what replacement means you condescending.... I feel like no one is reading what I say. I hope there's no replacement paint girl Kirby character because I don't care about drawing lines or drawings coming to life. If it's not for giving Kirby powers I don't personally care. I'm moving on from this because I might as well be talking to myself. Considering characters rarely return outside cameos and references I'm not even worried. So whatever. Stand for your fave characters all you want. I'm just here cause I want Bandana Dee who is relevant. I'm good.

lol you think me ending this conversation is you winning? I'm probably the oldest person here so I remember back when I was younger thinking something like ending a disagreement somehow meant "giving in" and not "the other person's not worth your time because they're literally not understanding and on top of that being condescending"

Whatever

I'm 26 and male (it's written in my profile), but I don't know how this could be related to the fact that I support Adeleine; aside from the fact that I'm old enough to have played Kirby 64, of course.

I like Ado/Adeleine because she was one of my favorite characters when I played those games. Then, she stopped appearing for no reasons and that's unfair. Also, it's because I like the art style of Shimomura's games a lot more than the art style in other games, and I feel like if Adeleine returns, a part of that art style would return due to the character representing those games and being a painter.
Last, because I loved Ado's drawings in the final sequence of Kirby's Dreamland 3, and they are one of the reasons why I decided to learn drawing.

I'm also studying product design, and I like minimalist products; Kirby's Dreamland 3 is one of the best example of minimalism in videogaming; graphics, gameplay, and everything else.
Okay thank you.

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
I know what replacement means you condescending.... I feel like no one is reading what I say. I hope there's no replacement paint girl Kirby character because I don't care about drawing lines or drawings coming to life. If it's not for giving Kirby powers I don't personally care. I'm moving on from this because I might as well be talking to myself. Considering characters rarely return outside cameos and references I'm not even worried. So whatever. Stand for your fave characters all you want. I'm just here cause I want Bandana Dee who is relevant. I'm good.
Well, try to make an argument in a lenguage you can barely understand without missing the point sometimes!
I don't say that Elline should come back in a game that plays like Canvas Curse or Rainbow Curse
I just want her to not be forgotten like other characters!
Maybe she could have a supporting role just like Bandana Dee had on Kirby Triple Deluxe
Giving food before a boss fight!
Are you even reading these last parts? XD

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Well, try to make an argument in a lenguage you can barely understand without missing the point sometimes!
I don't say that Elline should come back in a game that plays like Canvas Curse or Rainbow Curse
I just want her to not be forgotten like other characters!
Maybe she could have a supporting role just like Bandana Dee had on Kirby Triple Deluxe
Giving food before a boss fight!
Are you even reading these last parts? XD
Why would she need that role when BDee does that already lol. No I still stand by what I said. I'm fine with non of suggested appearances considering that's BDee's role. This is a Bdee thread. Why would you give away our precious BDee's role? Unless you're suggesting BDee be playable in all games and than she does it? Though I doubt Bdee will be playable every game...

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Also, I did this some years ago:
It's not perfect, but I spent a lot of time doing it; it's finished, but there are some things like effects and fonts that I haven't changed because it would have been too hard for me.
(the music in this video is a bit annoying but it's because I was noob and movie maker sucks).

About the dee, he appears in the slide at about 7:00 along with Kirby, Dedede, Metaknight and Ado. No bandana because this mod is very old.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Also, I did this some years ago:
It's not perfect, but I spent a lot of time doing it; it's finished, but there are some things like effects and fonts that I haven't changed because it would have been too hard for me.
(the music in this video is a bit annoying but it's because I was noob and movie maker sucks).

About the dee, he appears in the slide at about 7:00 along with Kirby, Dedede, Metaknight and Ado. No bandana because this mod is very old.
That's pretty. I don't dabble in advertising myself or texture art in games. I works with and around comic books. I wanted to someday make a Kirby web comic that actually was a reinterpretation of the Kirby lore and would actually have included all the characters from the games and the anime... but... I dunno. I decided I shouldn't work much on fanart stuff atm. Though maybe I'll consider it in the future...

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Why would she need that role when BDee does that already lol. No I still stand by what I said. I'm fine with non of suggested appearances considering that's BDee's role. This is a Bdee thread. Why would you give away our precious BDee's role? Unless you're suggesting BDee be playable in all games and than she does it? Though I doubt Bdee will be playable every game...
At last!!
Bandana Dee can be a support character along with Elline :)
Imagine a game with Kirby, Dedede, Meta Knight and Bandana Dee playable with Elline giving food before each boss fight
Also Bandana Dee can have other role in the game without disappearing
Meta Knight didn't appeared in Triple Deluxe and he is still relevant
And if you want we can let Bandana Dee keep the supporting role, meanwhile Elline could use her diary to tell us the story :bee:
Also, Elline is a female character, something that the Kirby franchise lacks
Well, you could say Drawcia, Paintra, Sectonia or Claycia are enough
But I want a female recurring character that is not a villain
Adeleine isn't really likely, and I don't think that Grill will come back any time soon
Elline is just the perfect option IMO
I just want her to make more appearences

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
KEEP THE SUBJECT ON BANDANNA PLESE
SORRY, though at least we're talking about Kirby stuff and not Pokken Fighteres or something otherwise we'd be REALLY off topic.

SO BANDANA DEE YES...

hey remember that possible tin foil hat theory I had about maybe BDee being developed a head of time for smash? What if the reason he's the only assist character in Rainbow Curse... is to display his alt colors? haha just a thought

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I don't get it, pls explain :dizzy:

"Ado was first a boss in DL3 THAN se became an assist"
THAN?
se?
:cyclops:
That's what I'm talking about Paint Roller was NEVER an assist and Paintra is just a neat little reference to Drawcia
No replacements, just characters that paint, aside of Drawcia and Paintra who are sisters, I don't think that we should link characters just because they have similar traits :)
That's like saying that Taranza replaced Magolor because they are both wizards with floating hands
"Oh I wonder what Wizard wih floating hands we'll get in the next Kirby game"
You know what, I don't either! Sorry!

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
SORRY, though at least we're talking about Kirby stuff and not Pokken Fighteres or something otherwise we'd be REALLY off topic.

SO BANDANA DEE YES...

hey remember that possible tin foil hat theory I had about maybe BDee being developed a head of time for smash? What if the reason he's the only assist character in Rainbow Curse... is to display his alt colors? haha just a thought
It was rather intresting..King Dedede was revealed around Kirby Triple Deluxe...then Rainbow curse happened..and nothing I mean Sakurai must know that some people want Bandanna Dee I mean we are up there (On unofficial polls but non the less we are up there.)

ON THE NOTE OF ME UNTIL I GET BETTER WITH META KNIGHT HE WILL BE IN MY ALL MY POST :4metaknight:!

totally not an excuse to copy someone.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Can someone show a picture of what Kirby's copy ability for Bandana Dee would look like? :kirby:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/592444611060084737?lang=es

Sakurai retweeted the post of a guy with a Waddle Dee in his avatar, Bandana Dee confirmed.
Oh my dreams heh heh but, he acknowledged it!.

I would like to see what the ability would look like, anybody?
Probably would be a Bandanna on his head possible with a spear..or like when he copies Meta knight the spear comes out of nowhere (Similar to Galaxia when Kirby does Meta Knight's Neutral B.) :4metaknight:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Can someone show a picture of what Kirby's copy ability for Bandana Dee would look like? :kirby:
You know, considering that Kirby doesn't get a copy ability from Bandana Dee in KSSU, I also wonder what wonder what Kirby would look like after inhaling B.D. in this game? (Providing that B.D. is playable as DLC, of course...)

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
You know, considering that Kirby doesn't get a copy ability from Bandana Dee in KSSU, I also wonder what wonder what Kirby would look like after inhaling B.D. in this game? (Providing that B.D. is playable as DLC, of course...)
I'm truly just trying to look at the good side of all this DLC it continues to make me want to play Smash & made me learn how to use photoshop & inspire me to do somethings I'm to shy to talk about :wario:,however I'm truly worried about Sakurai's health conditions hope he will be ok after this is not over.
:4metaknight:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
It'd probably be his signature blue bandana, just like GhostlyLure suggested! :kirby:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
:bluejump:I've got a trophy description for Bandana Dee:

"Hey look, a Waddle Dee... not quite. It's actually Bandana Dee. He's not an ordinary Waddle Dee. He can poke enemies with his trusty spear, jump higher than any other Waddle Dee, and has even survived a fight with Kirby himself. I've also been told that he once managed to crack a planet in half with his fist... it's probably best not to think about that. In Smash Bros., he attacks with his spear and parasol. His attacks are powerful, but he's easy to launch. Looks can be DEEceiving..."

Final Smash Trophy:

"Long time Kirby fans remember this: Megaton Punch! For Bandana Dee's final smash, he throws a fast and painful spear at his enemies. Whoever gets caught is sent back to the Megaton Punch mini game, where Bandana Dee punches them so hard, pop star splits in half! He's definitely proven himself to be the King's right hand man!"

So? Whaddya think?

Last edited:

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
Bandana Dee Trophy Desc:

"This is dee trophy deescription for Bandana Dee. Bandana Dee is dee trustful servant of Dedede. Dedede likes Bandana Dee because Bandana Dee is deelightful and always deecides to do his deeds. Bandana Dee deeslikes other waddle dees and deestroys them. He will deefeat every bodee, don't be deecieved by his personalidee. I'm running out of deengs to say."

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Bandana Dee Trophy Desc:

"This is dee trophy deescription for Bandana Dee. Bandana Dee is dee trustful servant of Dedede. Dedede likes Bandana Dee because Bandana Dee is deelightful and always deecides to do his deeds. Bandana Dee deeslikes other waddle dees and deestroys them. He will deefeat every bodee, don't be deecieved by his personalidee. I'm running out of deengs to say."
Deelicious. :lick:

:231:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Anyone wanna think of more reasons why they should include Bandana Dee? I mean I know we have alot but we can always come up with more! Here's one I found! :kirby:

Last edited:
Top Bottom