• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Calane

Smash Ace
Bandana Waddle Dee is the only character I care about being added. Any of the other candidates don't excite me at all but it's mostly because I'm a bigger Kirby fan than I am the bulk of other Nintendo franchises. I love Xenoblade Chronicles but I wasn't THAT hype for Shulk only because I liked just about every other character in that game more than Shulk himself lol. Other than that... yeah... non of the other newcomers had me hype either. I wasn't a big fan of Awakening. It's a great strategy games for fans of the genre but I couldn't get into it myself so when Robin and Lucina were announced I couldn't care less. I wasn't big on KI:Uprising either so Palutena wasn't interesting to me. Pac-Man is a cool icon. I'm glad he's added even if I'm not a Pac-Man mega fan. Didn't care about Bowser Junior. I thought Wii Fit Trainer was funny but didn't care. Don't care about Megaman but like Pac-man I think it's cool this idol is in. I'm glad for Duck Hunt Dog but not hype enough... Mew-two... never cared for him at all. Lucas is cool but no hype from me. Little Mac could have stayed a trophy lol...but sure Punch out games are awesome. Generally no hype for me from any of these characters. I'm happy for those who wanted them though. That's cool for them.

The only other characters I'd want for Smash will never happen in my sweetest of dreams. I WANT WANT WANT a rep for the Style Savvy franchise of games because I love those games and I'd be SO hype to play as a character who kills with fashion. I'd also love a Monster Hunter Rep but I believe the developers for MH said they didn't want their characters in other games sooo...

Other than that... just Bandana Dee. If any of the new reps aren't Bandana Dee than I'm permanently moved on from smash as I've gone on to other games like MH4u and I want to play the new Xenoblade Chronicles game... and Splatoon.
...Wow...just...wow. I don't like most of the newcomers either, but...wow. You don't care about Mega Man, but want a character from...Style Savvy...? Like...what? I don't think my brain can even begin to comprehend yours. If Style Savvy got a character and a series like Golden Sun or Bomberman, heck, even Rhythm Heaven didn't, I'd be ticked the heck off. I don't mean any disrespect, I just couldn't believe this comment when I read it. I just had to reply even though I have nothing meaningful to say but...wow... The world is full of interesting people, I see. At least we can agree that Bandana Dee should be playable. Kirby is also my favorite Nintendo franchise, so we can also agree on that. But a Style Savvy character? Over any other Nintendo character? I...can't understand. :confused:

EDIT: Just in case this offends you, I'm sorry. I don't mean to come off as rude or anything. Everyone's different, and not everyone will feel the way I do about things. I understand that. I mostly just replied because your comment surprised me a little. It's interesting to see someone with a completely different viewpoint than mine.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
...Wow...just...wow. I don't like most of the newcomers either, but...wow. You don't care about Mega Man, but want a character from...Style Savvy...? Like...what? I don't think my brain can even begin to comprehend yours. If Style Savvy got a character and a series like Golden Sun or Bomberman, heck, even Rhythm Heaven didn't, I'd be ticked the heck off. I don't mean any disrespect, I just couldn't believe this comment when I read it. I just had to reply even though I have nothing meaningful to say but...wow... The world is full of interesting people, I see. At least we can agree that Bandana Dee should be playable. Kirby is also my favorite Nintendo franchise, so we can also agree on that. But a Style Savvy character? Over any other Nintendo character? I...can't understand. :confused:

EDIT: Just in case this offends you, I'm sorry. I don't mean to come off as rude or anything. Everyone's different, and not everyone will feel the way I do about things. I understand that. I mostly just replied because your comment surprised me a little. It's interesting to see someone with a completely different viewpoint than mine.
You don't understand because you never heard of style savvy?? I know a lot of other people wouldn't because Style Savvy is an ignored Nintendo IP. Ignored because it caters to girls and it's gameplay isn't heavy combat focused. So it's icky and unpleasant for your run of the mill gamer.

I love the franchise though. It's an exciting new IP that does really well in Japan. (Under the title of Girl's mode) A new Girl's Mode game is out now and topping the charts in Japan. Unlike most shovelware titles that cater to girls with fashion sim games, Girls Mode is expansive, very detailed, engaging sim title. With loads of clothing and customizing options. You also "win" by satisfying costumers and competing in fashion runway competition. Lots of charming and humorous dialogue with characters much like Animal Crossing and plenty to do. You can unlock so many more stores, make up options, hair options, house decor, build clientele, stylize your shop, open an online store, there's video game related DLC and cloths for the new game, etc.

It's a WELL made SIM game from Nintendo with Nintendo level of quality and care. People barely even know or realize these are Nintendo games. Which is too bad. I could see those who like Animal Crossing getting into this franchise as well.

I also think it would be a very humorous character to add as a fighter much like Wii Fit Trainer.

Also like I said, I'm not that excited for the other new comers cause I'm mostly a Kirby/Monster Hunter fan. I liked Megaman 2 and think the games are fine quality precision platformers with GREAT music but I dunno. I was never that emotionally attached to Megaman growing up or went looking for his games. I don't really have nostalgia for him and I'm more engaged in the characters and worlds of games like Kirby and Mario that are much more surreal and dreamy. Just appeals to me more. I didn't get into Golden Sun either. I'm pretty picky about jrpgs. I like Xenoblade Chronicles a lot but never finished Golden Sun. So yeah I would rather have a Style Savvy rep over those other options. I don't think it's bad for what's essentially a great new IP from Nintendo on it's third installment to get repped. Xenoblade has only 1 game out so far but has a rep already soo.... and Girls Mode sells really well in Japan. Soo... Not sure why it'd be seen as "less than" other than the fact it's a girls fashion game.

Have some Style Savvy music...

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Hey guys. There's this person on YouTube coming up with all these stupid reasons why BanDee shouldn't be in smash. I'm sure he's here looking at the thread, because I invited him here as a guest. Hopefully he will see how much Bandana Dee deserves to get in the game!

Last edited:

Calane

Smash Ace
You don't understand because you never heard of style savvy?? I know a lot of other people wouldn't because Style Savvy is an ignored Nintendo IP. Ignored because it caters to girls and it's gameplay isn't heavy combat focused. So it's icky and unpleasant for your run of the mill gamer.

I love the franchise though. It's an exciting new IP that does really well in Japan. (Under the title of Girl's mode) A new Girl's Mode game is out now and topping the charts in Japan. Unlike most shovelware titles that cater to girls with fashion sim games, Girls Mode is expansive, very detailed, engaging sim title. With loads of clothing and customizing options. You also "win" by satisfying costumers and competing in fashion runway competition. Lots of charming and humorous dialogue with characters much like Animal Crossing and plenty to do. You can unlock so many more stores, make up options, hair options, house decor, build clientele, stylize your shop, open an online store, there's video game related DLC and cloths for the new game, etc.

It's a WELL made SIM game from Nintendo with Nintendo level of quality and care. People barely even know or realize these are Nintendo games. Which is too bad. I could see those who like Animal Crossing getting into this franchise as well.

I also think it would be a very humorous character to add as a fighter much like Wii Fit Trainer.

Also like I said, I'm not that excited for the other new comers cause I'm mostly a Kirby/Monster Hunter fan. I liked Megaman 2 and think the games are fine quality precision platformers with GREAT music but I dunno. I was never that emotionally attached to Megaman growing up or went looking for his games. I don't really have nostalgia for him and I'm more engaged in the characters and worlds of games like Kirby and Mario that are much more surreal and dreamy. Just appeals to me more.

Have some Style Savvy music...

I see. I'll admit, I don't know much about Style Savvy and have never played it. I'm happy you took the time to explain it to me, though. It doesn't sound like the sort of game I thought it was. I feel a little bad for somewhat insulting a game I know nothing about, so sorry about that. I absolutely hate Wii Fit Trainer, and wish she was never added to Smash, but I will admit that she's a funny choice. Perhaps a Style Savvy character could be funny as well. I have plenty of nostalgia for Mega Man, since he was one of my favorite video game characters growing up. I suppose my love for the games and character make it hard for me to see why others wouldn't like him as much as I do, lol. Kirby was always my favorite though, and Kirby Super Star was one of the first games I played as a small child. Been a huge fan ever since. In any case, no matter how different we are, we can agree on one thing. Bandana Dee would be an amazing addition to Smash!

Also, I've never heard that song in SSB4... Well, maybe I did, but I didn't pay it any attention. I like it, actually.

EDIT: As for how you feel about Golden Sun and JRPG's? We couldn't be anymore different. JRPG's, especially the classic turn-based ones, are my absolute favorite kind of games and I love GS the most. Doesn't mean everyone else will, but just thought I'd toss that in with my comment, seeing as you added more to yours. I don't think Style Savvy doesn't deserve a character over other Nintendo franchises, I just think other Nintendo characters would make more sense. Not trying to be a jerk, though.

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Sorry if I haven't posting much. I think I'm just burned out from the character speculation especially considering I'm fine with every character in the game and future thus far.:dizzy:

Still supporting the Dee though.:b:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Youtube is one of the worst places to get into a debate. If you value your sanity, don't leave a comment, or at least don't respond back.

:231:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
(AT LEAST STYLE SAVVY GOT A BETTER REPRESENTATION THAN GOLDEN SUN. After all, I was surprised that Style Savvy has two music in Smash that are pretty AWESOME and that game have already crossover with Animal Crossing, there other I think but I just remember the animal crossing one. Some time character like Wii Fit Trainer are more interesting than Little Mac in Smash because:
Unpredictable > Predictable.)
Isaac is my most wanted guy and behind is waddle dee pointing that spear bro.

Is you guy as opinions Going to this thread the unpopular opinion thread, where you can find most salty opinion in smash.
Here a link and remember, keep Dee safe and raises the spear.
http://smashboards.com/threads/unpopular-smash-4-opinions-v2-0-read-the-op-before-posting.358318/

After all, I can just wait. Im quite excited what they really gonna choose on the votes. (Collegue is killing with photoshop after... I like illustrator more.)

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Youtube is one of the worst places to get into a debate. If you value your sanity, don't leave a comment, or at least don't respond back.

:231:
Yeah you're right. It's just that I'm trying to get people to see why he would make a great addition to the roster. Now that I think about it, that guy was just an immature douche. :crazy:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Yeah you're right. It's just that I'm trying to get people to see why he would make a great addition to the roster. Now that I think about it, that guy was just an immature douche. :crazy:
i read the whole argument It's best not to feed these guys you'll just get burned. don't let others opinions get you down. just let him be. The last thing anybody needs is to make new enemies. :/

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Please guys, try to not post hmm ... irrelevant stuff, like posts with no quotes, posts like llololololollol or the "fixed" posts.

EDIT: Is the post below this one a joke? XD

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord

OMG KIRBY AMIIBO GIVES YOU A CUTE KIRBY PURSE. You can make your own shirts too so I'm going to make a Kirby and Bandana Dee shirt for sure. I am so hype for the new Girls Modoe. Please Nintendo bring this one over too. *o*

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603

OMG KIRBY AMIIBO GIVES YOU A CUTE KIRBY PURSE. You can make your own shirts too so I'm going to make a Kirby and Bandana Dee shirt for sure. I am so hype for the new Girls Modoe. Please Nintendo bring this one over too. *o*
There's so many things I want to say to this, but I will refrain from saying anything.
Looks stupid.

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836

That's okay, I guess?
I don't know why, but for some reason those girls look creepy to me :urg:
At least there are more forms of using Amiibo :b:

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
How about "I don't like the look of this game."
Or "This doesn't look appealing to me."
Or "Keep anything from this game out of Smash."
Just because a game doesn't appeal to you doesn't mean it doesn't deserve rep or is stupid. I don't like strategy games but that doesn't mean I think FE doesn't deserve rep in smash or the genre as a whole is stupid. :/

Also there are 2 songs from the game already n smash. Deal with it.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Just because a game doesn't appeal to you doesn't mean it doesn't deserve rep or is stupid. I don't like strategy games but that doesn't mean I think FE doesn't deserve rep in smash or the genre as a whole is stupid. :/

There are 2 songs in Smash? Never unlocked them I guess

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
How about "I don't like the look of this game."
Or "This doesn't look appealing to me."
Or "Keep anything from this game out of Smash."

And a trophy, don't forget the trophy!

I'm not sure if this is from THAT game specificaly, but she looks exactly like the girls in the video :p
Edit: Found the description

I think you unlock her trophy by getting all custom moves, Mii headgear and costumes

Last edited:
Top Bottom