• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Bandana Waddle Dee is the only character I care about being added. Any of the other candidates don't excite me at all but it's mostly because I'm a bigger Kirby fan than I am the bulk of other Nintendo franchises. I love Xenoblade Chronicles but I wasn't THAT hype for Shulk only because I liked just about every other character in that game more than Shulk himself lol. Other than that... yeah... non of the other newcomers had me hype either. I wasn't a big fan of Awakening. It's a great strategy games for fans of the genre but I couldn't get into it myself so when Robin and Lucina were announced I couldn't care less. I wasn't big on KI:Uprising either so Palutena wasn't interesting to me. Pac-Man is a cool icon. I'm glad he's added even if I'm not a Pac-Man mega fan. Didn't care about Bowser Junior. I thought Wii Fit Trainer was funny but didn't care. Don't care about Megaman but like Pac-man I think it's cool this idol is in. I'm glad for Duck Hunt Dog but not hype enough... Mew-two... never cared for him at all. Lucas is cool but no hype from me. Little Mac could have stayed a trophy lol...but sure Punch out games are awesome. Generally no hype for me from any of these characters. I'm happy for those who wanted them though. That's cool for them.

The only other characters I'd want for Smash will never happen in my sweetest of dreams. I WANT WANT WANT a rep for the Style Savvy franchise of games because I love those games and I'd be SO hype to play as a character who kills with fashion. I'd also love a Monster Hunter Rep but I believe the developers for MH said they didn't want their characters in other games sooo...

Other than that... just Bandana Dee. If any of the new reps aren't Bandana Dee than I'm permanently moved on from smash as I've gone on to other games like MH4u and I want to play the new Xenoblade Chronicles game... and Splatoon.

Call911imonfire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Call911imonfire
9I want Bandana Dee! There are others I would want but they aren't even the same realm that B-Dee is in. Don't care about K. Rool or Dixie because I've never played a Donkey Kong game outside of the original arcade machine and DKC 3 for about a minute. Don't care about Isaac because I've never played Golden Sun. And Magolor is a scrub compared to Dee.
Get on it Massive-Hero Sock O' Rye!!!!

(Sorry I don't have anything funny to post like usually do. I've run out of material.)

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Well I do find it interesting that Dedede's side special was changed to no waddle dee, he doesn't have his waddle dee army either. No BDee trophies either even though we had Magolor, Lor Starcutter, and Galacta Knight and non of those characters had the mega role of being one of the playable characters even though they are important villains. I find it just plain odd not to have a Bdee trophy at all at the very least since he's been in all the recent games and player got to use him.

This is totally a tinfoil hat theory but what if... like Greninja... BDee was planned for smash at some point? Either for future smash or something. I mean Pokemon is a big franchise so it makes sense that even before the game was out Sakurai had to, ahead of time, request a valid new rep for the series...

Well Kirby is very popular (not at Pokemon levels but still very popular. Especially in Japan). What if the same concept was applied here. A candidate had to be chosen. Shinya really liked BDee from Revenge of the King. He's Dedede and Kirby's friend and it wouldn't be weird to see him return and help them out. Much like MK and Dedede, he's a character who has a signature weapon. His moveset includes a move that perfectly works as a recovery even though he doesn't quite need it to recover from anything and it's not your most go to attack. He keeps returning so he's planned to be a permanent addition from then on. He was straight up the only controllable character in Rainbow Curse. Why? It's not like Dedede and MK wouldn't have been desired playable characters. In fact MK hasn't been playable since RtDL. He was introduced in Brawl along with Dedede so I'm sure thanks to that many people would want to play him. Sakurai likes Waddle Dee in general, too. remember that image he posted where he was showing off how you can draw stages in stage creator in Smash4. He drew Kirby and a Waddle Dee. Bandana Waddle Dee as a character would appeal to him, maybe. Maybe he liked that character too. I can see him being more interested in that kind of character than other possible candidates that could have been more promoted in games by HAL. I mean Sakurai was more than happy to put in more reps for Awakening but not for Kirby? I know he likes FE but I'm sure he'd probably consider a new character for the very franchise he helped create. However there are so few reoccurring characters that show up more once or two. What if Sakurai or someone was like "yeah get a character to come back to be considered for this" and now we see more BDee again and again.

It's a nice thought anyway....

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
stop Deeying me >:(
I didn't get the pun, sorry. :ohwell:

Well I do find it interesting that Dedede's side special was changed to no waddle dee, he doesn't have his waddle dee army either. No BDee trophies either even though we had Magolor, Lor Starcutter, and Galacta Knight and non of those characters had the mega role of being one of the playable characters even though they are important villains. I find it just plain odd not to have a Bdee trophy at all at the very least since he's been in all the recent games and player got to use him.

This is totally a tinfoil hat theory but what if... like Greninja... BDee was planned for smash at some point? Either for future smash or something. I mean Pokemon is a big franchise so it makes sense that even before the game was out Sakurai had to, ahead of time, request a valid new rep for the series...

Well Kirby is very popular (not at Pokemon levels but still very popular. Especially in Japan). What if the same concept was applied here. A candidate had to be chosen. Shinya really liked BDee from Revenge of the King. He's Dedede and Kirby's friend and it wouldn't be weird to see him return and help them out. Much like MK and Dedede, he's a character who has a signature weapon. His moveset includes a move that perfectly works as a recovery even though he doesn't quite need it to recover from anything and it's not it's your most go to attack. He keeps returning so he's planned to be a permanent addition from then on. He was straight up the only controllable character in Rainbow Curse. Why? It's not like Dedede and MK wouldn't have been desired playable characters. In fact MK hasn't been playable since RtDL. He was introduced in Brawl along with Dedede so I'm sure thanks to that many people would want to play him. Sakurai likes Waddle Dee in general, too. remember that image he posted where he was showing off how you can draw stages in stage creator in Smash4. He drew Kirby and a Waddle Dee. Bandana Waddle Dee as a character would appeal to him, maybe. Maybe he liked that character too. I can seem him being more interested in that kind of character that other possible candidates that could have been more promoted in games by HAL. I mean Sakurai was more than happy to put in more reps for Awakening but not for Kirby? I know he likes FE but I'm sure he'd probably consider a new character for the very franchise he helped create. However there are so few reoccurring characters that show up more once or two. What if Sakurai or someone was like "yeah get a character to come back to be considered for this" and now we're see more BDee again and again.

It's a nice thought anyway....
Interesting theory. Isaac and Bandana Dee might possibly have been worked on at some point, but given that there was going to be DLC later on, they were held back. Another odd similarity is that their games received content (like you said; Isaac got a new song), so Sakurai obviously could not have overlooked them.

After a Roy/Ryu announcement as DLC at E3, these two are the ones we should look out for as the next batch of DLC additions before the ballot results are announced.

:231:

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I didn't get the pun, sorry. :ohwell:

Interesting theory. Isaac and Bandana Dee might possibly have been worked on at some point, but given that there was going to be DLC later on, they were held back. Another odd similarity is that their games received content (like you said; Isaac got a new song), so Sakurai obviously could not have overlooked them.

After a Roy/Ryu announcement as DLC at E3, these two are the ones we should look out for as the next batch of DLC additions before the ballot results are announced.

:231:
i forgot the F in it I **** up it was suppose to be defying

on a side note I don't think it's just going to be Ryu and Roy I think there will be one more character maybe shown in the nintendo roundtable

Kerpy Derp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kerpy Derp
3DS FC
3136-7596-2766
Is it just me or is the ballot bittersweet. Yes I want characters but I have limited money and some of these ideas are flat out stupid IMO. Like how can captain toad get in he can't even jump, what really aggravate me is ryu I do NOT want ryu at all Sakuri please control+alt+deelete.

:roymelee: our boi

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Is it just me or is the ballot bittersweet. Yes I want characters but I have limited money and some of these ideas are flat out stupid IMO. Like how can captain toad get in he can't even jump, what really aggravate me is ryu I do NOT want ryu at all Sakuri please control+alt+deelete.

:4roy: our boi
Sorry...

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I'm indifferent to Ryu. I mean Street Fighter is an iconic fighting game series since the age of the genesis and Ryu is definitely it's best and most iconic rep. Just seems a little odd cause I don't really remember many SF games on Nintendo hardware. Seems like a series that strives best on the other consoles. Also the addition of a fighting character to another fighting game is a bit boring to me. This is an instance where if another third party were included, than someone with a less expected moveset design could have been more interesting like Simon Belmont or Shovel Knight. All characters I'm not hype for but at least more interesting to me personally (for moveset anyway) Still I think the data uncovered pretty much confirms Ryu's inclusion. I mean didn't they pretty much find victory music for him?

Last edited:

random rendum

Smash Journeyman

:roymelee: our boi
lots of characters cant jump :/ and the majority of the fanbase says he can still jump in smash just a heavyweight jump :ohwell:

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Remember when you guys posted the E3 version of Kirby: Triple Deluxe's boss theme? Well, I just did a "boss rush" of sorts, and then laid down. Two hours later, it is still stuck in my head. (sighs)

Hahaha [Insert pic of boo that I am too lazy to look up] :D
Call me crazy (Smart Alecs need not apply), but I think King Boo would actually be cool in smash. He could use those Bomb Boo that everyone hates, he could use a Boo Buddy chain as a tether grab. King Boo would also be the only ghost character, so he could have a small chance to passively dodge something, or just have some invincibility frames on his attacks. This would keep him interesting, and possibly even high risk/reward.

Now, back to Bandana Dee.
I felt like updating my Avatar so here it is!
Bandana Dee is so awesome his bandana has a hat that wears a hat. :shades:

Top Bottom