• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
I say use DLC to bring back all the veterans, Ice Climbers, Wolf, Snake, Squirtle, Ivysaur (what would their final smash be though), heck even Pichu and Young Link (if Marth can have three clones, why can't Link right?), then go for your Newcomers (aside from the ballot you know) such as K. Rool and Bandana Dee. Anyone want to make a list with these guys, because I believe that the possibilities are endless (endless possibilities). :chuckle:
We already have Young Link in the from of Toon Link, I don't think we're getting the Ice Climbers as a team, maybe they will be on their own and you'll be able to choose between them as alternate costumes :p

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I think we'll see Bandana Dee, after all, we have a Kirby stage coming!

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I say use DLC to bring back all the veterans, Ice Climbers, Wolf, Snake, Squirtle, Ivysaur (what would their final smash be though), especially Pichu and Young Link (if Marth can have three clones, why can't Link right?), then go for your Newcomers (aside from the ballot you know) such as K. Rool and Bandana Dee. Anyone want to make a list with these guys, because I believe that the possibilities are endless (endless possibilities). :chuckle:
Fixed.

DLC;
What I want: All cut characters (newcomers and veterans alike.), Amaterasu, Proto Man, Zero, Bomberman, Black Mage, Toad/Toadette (Swapable), Boy & Blob, Bandana Dee, and more.
What I'll get: maybe all Melee veterans, Wolf, maybe Snake, Bandana Dee, maybe Black Mage, Mii Gunner costume of Proto Man, and others.

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
The ONLY third-party character that should come from Konami is Bomberman
Bomberman actually does make a lot of sense. He fits in more with the smash universe than snake does.
Although Snake has vet. status.

Ryu leak says Capcom get's two reps. I don't se why Konami can't. However, I do really like the idea of Bomberman.

We already have Young Link in the from of Toon Link, I don't think we're getting the Ice Climbers as a team, maybe they will be on their own and you'll be able to choose between them as alternate costumes :p
Oh, is it because of the 3DS thing? Yeah, that's tossed around a lot. However, I believe it's a bit blown out of proportion. I believe the reason they stopped working on them was because they didn't have the time to program them correctly, but DLC gives them a much larger time schedule to fix them on. Young Link thing, yeah not gonna make an argument there. Only brought him up because he's a vet. Only suggested him because Marth might be getting ANOTHER clone (oh, if we get Roy, PLEASE don't make him another Marth clone).

And so no one makes the "we do have Roy as a non-Marth clone already" joke, here:

There. I have beaten you to it. :chuckle:

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
Fixed.

DLC;
What I want: All cut characters (newcomers and veterans alike.), Amaterasu, Proto Man, Zero, Bomberman, Black Mage, Toad/Toadette (Swapable), Boy & Blob, Bandana Dee, and more.
What I'll get: maybe all Melee veterans, Wolf, maybe Snake, Bandana Dee, maybe Black Mage, Mii Gunner costume of Proto Man, and others.
the Problem with Megaman reps is how are the going to NOT make them clones

Bomberman actually does make a lot of sense. He fits in more with the smash universe than snake does.

Ryu leak says Capcom get's two reps. I don't se why Konami can't. However, I do really like the idea of Bomberman.

Oh, is it because of the 3DS thing? Yeah, that's tossed around a lot. However, I believe it's a bit blown out of proportion. I believe the reason they stopped working on them was because they didn't have the time to program them correctly, but DLC gives them a much larger time schedule to fix them on. Young Link thing, yeah not gonna make an argument there. Only brought him up because he's a vet. Only suggested him because Marth might be getting ANOTHER clone (oh, if we get Roy, PLEASE don't make him another Marth clone).

And so no one makes the "we do have Roy as a non-Marth clone already" joke, here:

(screams internally)
Also if Ryu is confirmed other third-party companies might get jealous

Last edited by a moderator:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

I'm sorry, but I only care about Bandana Dee!

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
the Problem with Megaman reps is how are the going to NOT make them clones
Zero. Uses Sabre. Not many projectiles.
Proto Man has tons of weapons in his arsenal. He could be very different from Mega Man and still have moves left over.
There is no way Tron would be projectile based.
Pharaoh Man has shown that he can get up close and personal in a fight. (Though his inclusion would unfortunately bring back a meme. Pharaoh Man's inclusion would be cool, but not advised.)

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Zero. Uses Sabre. Not many projectiles.
Proto Man has tons of weapons in his arsenal. He could be very different from Mega Man and still have moves left over.
There is no way Tron would be projectile based.
Pharaoh Man has shown that he can get up close and personal in a fight. (Though his inclusion would unfortunately bring back a meme. Pharaoh Man's inclusion would be cool, but not advised.)
I don't think we'll get more Mega man characters ¬¬

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836

They said they had trouble trying to make them work on the 3DS version, also they having not enough time is just your thought, they never stated that :facepalm:
I would prefer having 1 Ice Climber and being able to change between them as alternate costumes than don't having them :ohwell:

EDIT: This is what is called Double Post? :crazy:
Well, it makes sense XD

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
DLC;
Notice I didn't mention any Mega Man characters in "What I'll get". I think it would be cool, but almost impossible. (They are less likely than Amaterasu, and that's saying something.)

FancySmash

Smash Lord
They said they had trouble trying to make them work on the 3DS version, also they having not enough time is just your thought, they never stated that :facepalm:
I would prefer having 1 Ice Climber and being able to change between them as alternate costumes than don't having them :ohwell:
Oh, sorry. My bad, I thought I had heard somewhere that because they haven't had a game in years, and most likely won't have another one ever again (if Kid Icarus has a series revival, maybe the door is open?), they didn't put much priority on them. I interpreted that as "not enough time." I just feel bad, because they are the only unique veterans left (aside from Snake), and I thought they should really be given a chance over clone veterans.

All this regardless though, Bandana Dee, my most wanted newcomer, and maybe K. Rool after.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Bandanna dee is my 3rd most wanted DLC character.I say with only Dixie and isacc beating him out.But one thing they dont have that the dee does have is he so adorible

Look at him.I just wanna give him hug and character slot right now

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
Someone Double Posted. :p

As for DLC, I would expect the basically confirmed 4, and as for the other 6 Marios, the main contestants are King K Rool, Dixie Kong, Isaac, Inkling (if they pull a Roy like in Melee), some random character no one would expect, and Bandana Dee.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Someone Double Posted. :p

As for DLC, I would expect the basically confirmed 4, and as for the other 6 Marios, the main contestants are King K Rool, Dixie Kong, Isaac, Inkling (if they pull a Roy like in Melee), some random character no one would expect, and Bandana Dee.
So so... Amaterasu? (Looks at you with SMAAASH! puppy dog eyes.)

(I'm probably not gonna get her... Sadness)

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
OK, serious post. Ever since the game was announced, I haven't really been all that excited with the characters. Everyone has their freak-out moment when they realize their most wanted game character has joined smash, but I never had that. That's something I really want. To actually get excited over a trailer. Recently, Lucas was announced, and he had more hype than Mewtwo! I'm not saying that I have to be hyped just to enjoy DLC, because I'm happy for the EarthBound fans who got Lucas back. I've been itching for a new character for a while. Someone from the Kirby series. Meta Knight in Brawl? That sort of gave the Kirby franchise a bad name. People kept calling him cheap, and people said Kirby was low tier. If Bandana Dee gets in, I'm sure he'll be fun to play as, and someone who isn't low tier. I... just really want some excitement from an announcement. Just on spark of excitement. :sadeyes:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Well, everyone is making predictions so here's mine

Veterans: Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy and Wolf
I don't see Young Link, Pichu, Squirtle, Ivysaur or Snake coming back for some reason :ohwell:
Squirtle and Ivysaur would be cool, but then we would have EIGHT pokémon characters, personally I don't care, but I see a lot of people getting salty about that
Snake was made specificaly for Brawl, when everything was realistic, dark and edgy just like him
Young Link and Pichu aren't even worth mentioning

Newcomers: King K Rool, Dixie Kong, KRYSTAL, Bandana Dee
K Rool is pretty much confirmed, also it wouldn't surprise me if they add Dixie too
Krystal gets a lot of undeserved hate, she can get along with Wolf, she would be unique, she would be female and she wouldn't be a semi clone like Wolf
Also Star Fox U is coming out this year, If she is in, she has even more chances, If she isn't, she still is a pretty popular choice
And Bandana Dee because we could get some new Kirby stages soon, it would be weird to give JUST stages
Also characters that I don't want but are most likely coming
Paper Mario and Ryu

Sakurai said he wanted to make as much DLC as possible so I think we could get more characters than just these :awesome:

Last edited:

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Let's talk about everyone's favorite choice and most likely ballot candidate, Igglybuff. It makes perfect sense if you don't think about it.

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Let's talk about everyone's favorite choice and most likely ballot candidate, Igglybuff. It makes perfect sense if you don't think about it.
mfw reading your post

Don't. I've done worse. It sometimes takes me thirty seconds or more to spell a simple word correctly.
Man, I made the word bigger, I bolded it, wrote it on CAPITALS and I wasn't able to realize that I misspelled it :facepalm:
I had a hard time trying to make it sound profesional and I just screwed myself XD

Last edited:

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Pichu got into Smash once, and Igglybuff is kind of like Pichu. I'd say she's at least got a better chance than Abraham Lincoln.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
If we get another 3rd party as DLC, I feel as if it should be a Level-5 character

Sakurai pls

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Pichu got into Smash once, and Igglybuff is kind of like Pichu. I'd say she's at least got a better chance than Abraham Lincoln.

That kinda makes sense, since Igglybuff would be like Pichu for Jigglypuff
But almost everyone hated Pichu so I don't think we'll see Igglybuff any time soon
If we get another 3rd party as DLC, I feel as if it should be a Level-5 character

Sakurai pls
How he would fight? :dizzy:

Last edited:
Top Bottom