• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
And if I I mean someone random poisons you I call nominating the next person..
then nominate me and if some one tries to poison me let me tell you I have had some experience in that I'm not going to lie I did get a little food poisoning by eating expired meat and nothing more except for a little bit of insanity... well you can count on me

SRUFUS3D

Smash Journeyman
True? If so, I pray for you when you reach Magolor Soul.
LOL The True Arena is made a joke with spear ability add with Bandana enchance attack speed in the air aid by his jumping animation! Then again may it's me being able Walts through the True Arena with base form Kirby that make it seem easy! :chuckle: (I sound so cocky right now)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Oh, by the way, I'm very happy to be part of the Bandana Brigade, but I haven't been added to the support list yet, so please.

D

Deleted member

I haven't played RtDL yet as I never got a chance to buy it (sold out everywhere the few times I tried to get it) or it cost $90 online, probably because Bandana Dee being playable raised the value. So just a quick question: Is RtDL on the Wii U Eshop in NA like Punch Out, Galaxy 2, and the Prime Collection? I have Triple Deluxe though so I've seen him in a game I have.

So, I just took this screenshot:

Of course, the rankings change frequently as people vote, but I was happy to see Bandana Dee take the number 1 spot, even if just for a short while. I'm also just proud that he was able to outrank the really popular characters like King K. Rool! Of course, this is different from the ballot itself, and there doesn't seem to be a limit to votes (as it generates two random characters to "battle", and then you choose who you want most out of those two), but it makes me really happy regardless!

Also, apologies for the large image.
To see more supporters in the thread and now a poll with Bandana Dee at/near the top of the ranking just makes me so happy. :kirby:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I haven't played RtDL yet as I never got a chance to buy it (sold out everywhere the few times I tried to get it) or it cost $90 online, probably because Bandana Dee being playable raised the value. So just a quick question: Is RtDL on the Wii U Eshop in NA like Punch Out, Galaxy 2, and the Prime Collection? I have Triple Deluxe though so I've seen him in a game I have.

To see more supporters in the thread and now a poll with Bandana Dee at/near the top of the ranking just makes me so happy. :kirby:
No that's been the price for awhile now. I don't think it has much to do with Bandana Dee and more to do with number of released copies of the game. Games with less copies made for the Wii and with demand have seen quite the price hike. Xenoblade which was released in a more limited number went up to over 80 as well. Kirby is a popular game but it still does not sell numbers like Mario Kart or Pokemon. So copies for those more popular games are still very common. Where as Kirby's Return to Dreamland didn't have the same number of games shipped to stores because making TOO much of game that doesn't sell in the same way results in a waste in costs, I suppose. So less are made but if most are sold than a profit was still made and all is fine. However than you now have this issue where the game is less common to get and those who have it hike up the price as now it's value is up and now it's also a collector's item. A copy of Kirby Super Star (an snes game) can cost you over 40-50 dollars.

If you ever get 2 copies of a traditional Kirby game for some reason.... I'd say it's tempting to save the second copy in mint and sealed and see what it fetches years down the road *shrugs* Well no guarantee...

Only traditional console Kirby games also. The experimental Kirby games aren't worth ****... lol. Epic Yarn you can get for 7 bucks. Handheld games also are cheap.

Kirby's Dreamland 3, Kirby Super Star, Kirby's Return to Dreamland, and Kirby's Air Ride seem to be the most valuable games. All of which I own B)

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Oh, by the way, I'm very happy to be part of the Bandana Brigade, but I haven't been added to the support list yet, so please.
The support list is in the little poll in the top of this thread, if you voted YES, you are a supporter.
Press the number of votes to see all of them, you can also see the deetractors :awesome:

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
LOL I wasn't kidding or lying. Spark and Tornado make you UNTOUCHABLE!!!
why do people forget stone, which you can stay in as long as you want and makes you COMPLETELY invincible, spark you can get hurt in, the first thing I always use is stone

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I feel that Bandana Dee could be more likely than we think? Mostly (and really it needs to be pushed and noticed) that BDee has basically a moveset already that can be worked with. He has a recovery, he has moves like his spear throw that could easily work as specials, his down aerial being moondrop, etc. I feel like his weapon would be easy to work with as far as coming up with more moves. He could swipe with it, catapult with it, spin, and jab it. I feel from a development point of view, BDee would look compelling to me because the design lends itself to smash. Kirby Superstar style movesets are the prototype of the smash fighting combat. Directionals + A led to a variety of moves characters could do in KSS. It's also easy to see from Kirby Fighters, how easy that lends itself to a fighting game with little to no change to the way the moves work in that game. Smash simply adds the B button + directionals for even more moves that Sakurai set up as specials. So having a character from the same family tree of games would be easy to work with imo. I hope this makes him overall more appealing to players and developers.

Last edited:

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
OK guys, let's not get too carried away here! At this rate, we'll have named every single ability from every single Kirby game!

D

Deleted member

Leaf is the best. Makes the Arena in Triple Deluxe a cakewalk. What was that Sectonia Soul? You want to hit me with a death ball? I can't hear you under my pile of leaves!

Also, I might try to make a picture only moveset of Bandana Dee sometime, it might not get finished since I'm pretty lazy about that stuff.
If you haven't already click yes in the poll at the top of the page, but more importantly go to the Smash Ballot and vote for Bandana Dee there by clicking this link!

Top Bottom