• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Really? You think? Ik it's an Nintendo homage but Sonic is pretty well imbued within Nintendo's History Now, either being enemies, or Partners, Mario and Sonic Olympaic Games...

BTW this is coming from someone who isn't even a huge fan of Sonic. I have literally One game of his.
Even checking his modern games... 4 out of 5 are exclusive to Nintendo consoles/handhelds.

Anyways we should probably get back to Waddle Dee. This is his thread.
I'm a big fan of Sonic games growing up. I own quite a few with my favorites being Sonic 2, Colors, Generations, Sonic Rush, and Sonic & Knuckles...

However I still don't think Nintendo's going to give any 3rd party another rep. They've never given a 3rd party a second rep. Sonic is part of Nintendo's history in that he was a RIVAL character and now they use him to add characters to games like the Olympic titles but it's not necessary a big role. I mean being an additional character in a Mario Sports game doesn't give you more impact if ya ask me. Other wise we'd have Daisy and Waluigi by now.

Anyway, yeahhh... I don't see the Sonic franchise being a rival for dlc inclusion against the Kirby franchise as much. DK however could be the next franchise to get a rep if we don't get Bandana Dee.

However don't get your hopes down folks. Smash is game people will be playing for YEARS before we get a new one. I hope to see DLC for awhile down the line so I'd hope Nintendo will be smart to consider having DLC through out it's lifespan.

Last edited:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Well it kinda is. Sakurai wants people to buy DLC. So he's not going to put in some random character (not to say BWD is super random) but well.... I just think the Bandanna waddle is low priority. I mean, yes, Kirby is an important series, but most Kirby fans are at least pretty content with the current roster, right? Bandanna Waddle Dee would just be icing on the cake.

So that is why I'm guessing DLC characters will be mostly EXTREMELY wanted characters (aka King K. Rool, Mewtwo, Ganon)
Or they will be new characters from unrepresented series (aka Rhythm Heaven, Golden Sun, Professor Layton, Excitebike)

I mean c'mon be honest- the Kirby series in Smash Bros is repped pretty darn well. You can't really complain.
Most Fire Emblem fans would have been content with just Marth and Chrom. Most Kid Icarus fans would have been content with just Pit and Palutena. Most Mario fans would have been content with just Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, and Rosalina. Most Zelda fans would have been content with Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Sheik, and Ghirahim. How many of those would have been "icing on the cake"?

The list goes on and on. It's a pretty subjective statement to assume what one general fanbase would have been content with. Hell, this thread IS the Kirby fanbase. Even then, just look at the poll. Most people who said "no" are likely those who only remember the Kirby series by his copy ability, Dedede for his Brawl FS, and Meta Knight for being top-tier.

And if we're really going by "representation of a series", then an Arwing should have become playable instead of Fox.

Plus, are you really trying to say that Bandana Dee isn't an extremely wanted character when he's the second most popular thread second to K. Rool? Ganon is part of a Final Smash, and he's nowhere near as popular either. They closed his thread, so I don't see why you'd still consider him likely.

That's not to say that I'm against any other newcomer other than Bandana Dee, though. Personally I think him along with Dixie and Wolf, but that's just me. As for Issac I really just think it's odd that Golden Sun representation was removed from the 3DS when it's strictly handheld, but not much else.

Anyways, to keep this post related to the thread, here's a cool artwork I found that references that old Bandana Dee and Ridley trailers leak.

Last edited:

ChainzDX

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2895-7652-4664
Most Fire Emblem fans would have been content with just Marth and Chrom. Most Kid Icarus fans would have been content with just Pit and Palutena. Most Pokemon fans would have been content with just Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, and Rosalina. Most Zelda fans would have been content with Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Sheik, and Ghirahim. How many of those would have been "icing on the cake"?

The list goes on and on. It's a pretty subjective statement to assume what one general fanbase would have been content with. Hell, this thread IS the Kirby fanbase. Even then, just look at the poll. Most people who said "no" are likely those who only remember the Kirby series by his copy ability, Dedede for his Brawl FS, and Meta Knight for being top-tier.

And if we're really going by "representation of a series", then an Arwing should have become playable instead of Fox.

Plus, are you really trying to say that Bandana Dee isn't an extremely wanted character when he's the second most popular thread second to K. Rool? Ganon is part of a Final Smash, and he's nowhere near as popular either. They closed his thread, so I don't see why you'd still consider him likely.

That's not to say that I'm against any other newcomer other than Bandana Dee, though. Personally I think him along with Dixie and Wolf, but that's just me. As for Issac I really just think it's odd that Golden Sun representation was removed from the 3DS when it's strictly handheld, but not much else.

Anyways, to keep this post related to the thread, here's a cool artwork I found that references that old Bandana Dee and Ridley trailers leak.

Pokemon fans?

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Most Fire Emblem fans would have been content with just Marth and Chrom. Most Kid Icarus fans would have been content with just Pit and Palutena. Most Pokemon fans would have been content with just Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, and Rosalina. Most Zelda fans would have been content with Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Sheik, and Ghirahim. How many of those would have been "icing on the cake"?

Just saying, typo in the first paragraph, should be 'Mario' not 'Pokemon'.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Most Fire Emblem fans would have been content with just Marth and Chrom. Most Kid Icarus fans would have been content with just Pit and Palutena. Most Mario fans would have been content with just Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, and Rosalina. Most Zelda fans would have been content with Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Sheik, and Ghirahim. How many of those would have been "icing on the cake"?

As a completely bias and intense Kirby fan.... I'm never satisfied lol. If I had MY WAY, Galacta Knight, Magolor, Bandana Dee would also all be playable. Maybe Ado too. Which is why my bias and non game proggramer-self ain't working on the game :b (not to mention the stages and music and trophies I'd put in... OMG)

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
OMG GUYSS

ITS EHAHRE

ITS HEREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FKLSAHKFJSLAKLFSJHKSFALJFSASFLKJFSALKJFSLKJSFA

ITS SO GOOOD

DOODODODOO DOOEEEE DDODODOOD

OMG

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
OMG GUYSS

ITS EHAHRE

ITS HEREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FKLSAHKFJSLAKLFSJHKSFALJFSASFLKJFSALKJFSLKJSFA

ITS SO GOOOD

DOODODODOO DOOEEEE DDODODOOD

OMG
Butter Building is one of my fave tracks from the whole franchise. What I love about this mix is that it sounds like it actually could be from a Kirby game. It's very Kirby game flavored. Sounding quite energetic and joyous. They could easily use this mix in a modern Kirby title. It sounds great.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Only Forest/Nature area left, BB 2 is amazing! Fits Kirby's music style! Love it!
EDIT: Ice Cream Island! That's the other part in the BB Remix, love Ice Cream Island! Now there's one part I don't recognise left!
EDIT2: VEGETABLE VALLEY! CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT!

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Alright, made some major changes to my moveset. So @ Chandeelure Chandeelure , replace my current moveset in the OP with this one:

Strengths: Strong spear attacks, great recovery.
Weaknesses: Easy to KO, not that fast.
Speed: A tad faster than King Dedede.
Jump numbers/height: Same as Metaknight.
Entrance: Flies onto stage with spear copter.
Neutral Attack: Rapid spear lunge
Dash Attack: Running spear lunge
Side Tilt: Single spear lunge
Up Tilt: Spear overhead swing
Down Tilt: Sliding spear point
Side Smash: Spear throw
Up Smash: Up spear point
Down Smash: Down spear point
Neutral Aerial: Aerial spear throw
Up Aerial: Up air spear lunge
Forward Aerial: Air rapid spear lunge
Back Aerial: Air single spear lunge
Down Aerial: Downward spear point (Acts like Link's down aerial)
Neutral Special: Cannon (Works as a 5 step process. Press B once, Bandana Dee puts the cannon on his head. Press it again, it'll shoot a cannon ball. Press it again, it'll shoot another cannon ball. Press it another time, it'll shoot another. Press it again, and he'll throw the cannon.)
Side Special: Rainbow Line (Acts like PAC-Man's Side B)
Up Special: Spear copter (Acts like Link's Up B, except goes up faster and easier to move side to side.)
Down Special: Umbrella shield (Acts like Pit's Down B, except lasts shorter.)
Grab: Rope grab
Up Throw: Throws rope up.
Side Throw: Throws rope forward.
Back Throw: Throws rope back.
Down Throw: Like Metaknight's except with a spear.
Final Smash: Megaton Punch: Bandana Dee lunges his spear a short distance. Anyone who gets hit by it will fly into the air and land on the block from Megaton Punch. Bandana Dee will fly down punching, sending the opponents he caught into the air.
Taunt 1: Steps back a bit, and brings his spear back a bit.
Taunt 2: Twirls his spear then winks.
Taunt 3: Eats a cookie.

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
you can hear a small snippet already of the forest/nature area remix, and it sounds like it's actually going to start with a 8 bit remix piece of the default city trial song from air ride. i'm hoping the composition is going to similar to the new escape theme remix from metroid ( starts of 8 bit, but progresses and becomes fully orchestrated )

... just so it can turn into another green greens remix!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
you can hear a small snippet already of the forest/nature area remix, and it sounds like it's actually going to start with a 8 bit remix piece of the default city trial song from air ride. i'm hoping the composition is going to similar to the new escape theme remix from metroid ( starts of 8 bit, but progresses and becomes fully orchestrated )

... just so it can turn into another green greens remix!
Not even funny! But I ****ing love the Ice Cream Island part of BB

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqS_TmDIak0

listen to 14:27 to hear it yourself! i hope the full version is going to be uploaded soon. forest/nature KATAM theme has always been one of my favorite happy-go-on-adventure themes, and it's placement in brawl was just so ****ing ridiculous it was funny

hoping it turns out to sound something like this at it's 8bit part!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqS_TmDIak0

listen to 14:27 to hear it yourself! i hope the full version is going to be uploaded soon. forest/nature KATAM theme has always been one of my favorite happy-go-on-adventure themes, and it's placement in brawl was just so ****ing ridiculous it was funny

hoping it turns out to sound something like this at it's 8bit part!
I really want to see what they will do to improve it as its an amazing(huehue) track!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm sure Sakurai isn't completely biased, did no one else catch the Magolor cameo in the 50-fact extravaganza?
Those Kid Icarus things? Nah! Mega Man DOES have the best remixes so far though, and Fire Emblem deserved more representation! We only need better Metroid and DK representation now! Only thing to do about that is playable villains of course!
But a waddle dee being on the stage creator and Magalor on the Miiverse stage will hopefully mean something...

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure Sakurai isn't completely biased, did no one else catch the Magolor cameo in the 50-fact extravaganza?
the only thing i saw was a trophy of the lor starcutter, did you mean that?

EDIT: nvm, the miiverse magalor drawing. forgot about that.

Last edited:

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
Dk and Metroid do need more representatives, I can't disagree, however, the other main characters have problems adapting in game. I lost hope in Ridley when Sakurai gave more propertional height to other smash characters.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
What would be you reactions if Sakurai does a "Chrom" again? XD
If he thinks the spear is not that unique and he adds Magolor instead of Bandana Dee?

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
If he thinks the spear is not that unique and he adds Magolor instead of Bandana Dee?
It's different with Chrom since bd wields a spear, a weapon no one uses in this game, Chrom uses the same sword as marth...robin withs his tomes made sense for unique character. Also magolor is a minor character, unlike bd is a major character.

Although, magalor seems like the only competition for a kirby newcomer.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Magolor is extremely popular, at least in Japan.
That Magolor Miiverse post is the proof of that.

Sometimes I'm scared about that.
I would LOVE Magolor, but not before Bandana Dee.

ChainzDX

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2895-7652-4664
Sakurai said that smash does not need another blue haired male swordsman

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
Chrom's Weapon: 1% Sword, 99% Used other Ssb4 Characters

B-Dee's Weapon: 20% Stone, 80% Stick.

Now there is only one other person that can kill with a stick. "looks at Villager."

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Sakurai said that smash does not need another blue haired male swordsman
Bandanna Dee and Chrom both have:
- blue on their heads.
- have been commonly suggested to use a spear to make them unique.

The similarities are creeping me out. o_____o

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Bandanna Dee and Chrom both have:
- blue on their heads.
- have been commonly suggested to use a spear to make them unique.

The similarities are creeping me out. o_____o
Are you implying there will be a deechromfirmation?

Last edited:

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
I'm going to get off topic here, but has anyone noticed that Gordos are in Super Mario Land 2? There was also a parasol like enemy in the pumpkin zone that would later appear in Kirby's Dreamland 3.

EDIT: I would be happy to see a Mario enemy appear in a Kirby game since Gordos appeared in SML2.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I would actually be REALLY happy is Magolor is playable. He's my next most wanted character in the franchise. I think many of his attacks in Return to Dreamland and Dream Collection can work in a neat moveset. If I can't get Bandana Waddle Dee than I WILL take Magolor. I want either one or the other. I happen to think that Bandana Dee has the best chance though. However if I got Magolor I wouldn't even be mad. For me he'd be a true Kirby villain rep unlike MK and Dedede.

I would be mad if Bandana Dee didn't show up at all though. I'd want him in some form or another. I think at this stage of the franchise he deserves to cameo or be playable. Preferably be playable.

Top Bottom