• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
a KRTD medley would be something i'd be down with, mixing the main theme, sub dimensions(?) theme, boss theme, sphere doomer and another dimension.

or just give me a miracle matter remix sakurai

also i'm back lovers

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
a KRTD medley would be something i'd be down with, mixing the main theme, sub dimensions(?) theme, boss theme, sphere doomer and another dimension.

or just give me a miracle matter remix sakurai

also i'm back lovers
Coincidentally, I got an alert from this thread again! Any good Kirbu remix is good, what I want the most is another boss medley, only final bosses from the franchise! Imagine! 0's theme! 02's theme! Soul themes! ANYTHING!

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
got to say while i'm still not blown away by the kirby music selection thus far;

the great cave offensive arrangement is by far better than any other track in the game

Last edited:

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
To be honest I don't like that track very much, too much Green Greens in my opinion
you know what, i do agree with you. and while Crystal Field and Mystery Paradise is the best version of green greens out there, they should have given way more play time to Trees in the Depths of the Earth ( part that starts at 0:48 ) since that pretty much is the definitive version of the main theme of the great cave offensive

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
you know what, i do agree with you. and while Crystal Field and Mystery Paradise is the best version of green greens out there, they should have given way more play time to Trees in the Depths of the Earth ( part that starts at 0:48 ) since that pretty much is the definitive version of the main theme of the great cave offensive
EXACTLY! TitDotE is exactly what I think when I hear someone mention GCO

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I'm starting to think that Sakurai is just extremely biased and he will not add more content of the new Kirby games.
Just Kirby's Final Smash, some crappy trophies and the music (just 3, there are more Green Greens versions than new Kirby music XD).

And that obviously means no DeeLC.

Ugh, I can't wait, just show the entire game, leakers!

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I'm starting to think that Sakurai is just extremely biased and he will not add more content of the new Kirby games.
Just Kirby's Final Smash, some crappy trophies and the music (just 3, there are more Green Greens versions than new Kirby music XD).

Although bandana dee is from superstar and sakurai loves superstar, so put two and two together and we have ourselves some DeeLC

Dr. Canadian Bacon

Smash Cadet

Considering Sakurai also made Waddle Dee's, DeeLC is completely possible. In fact, I'm curious if Sakurai will even be the one handling DLC. Plus, characters are added from the whole team, so they'd probably discuss what characters are most deserving. Of course, Sakurai could always turn down a character since he's the head honcho, and he also gets the final word, but if there's enough love for a character it's chances are more. Also if the character has the possibility of being unique, which Bandana Dee has. I'm holding hope for Bandana Dee, and I'm sure if they really think hard about it, they'll realize he's one of the most deserving characters.
Also since Ridley's out of the question basically now, and same with Mewtwo, the biggest competition for Bandana Dee is actually just Dixie Kong, K. Rool, Issac, and possibly a veteran.

The big competition though would be Dixie and Issac in my opinion, they're the 2 characters that have the most possiblity, seeing that Dixie is highly requested and was playable in Tropical Freeze, and Issac is nowhere to be found, and highly requested as well. I'd say Bandana Dee has a great chance, especially with Kirby & The Rainbow Curse! Perhaps Bandana Dee will be some promotional character for that game, it's entirely possible.
So Chandelure, you better not use hope!

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Although bandana dee is from superstar and sakurai loves superstar, so put two and two together and we have ourselves some DeeLC
Exactly. He also created the character of Waddle Dees, and it's true that in Super Star, there is a bandanna wearing Waddle Dee. In that case, the character of a 'Bandanna Dee' has been around since Kirby Super Star, hence he created the character of Bandanna Dee. (Not sure if I'm straw-grasping, but what the heck, I'll support Bandanna Dee.)

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Considering Sakurai also made Waddle Dee's, DeeLC is completely possible. In fact, I'm curious if Sakurai will even be the one handling DLC. Plus, characters are added from the whole team, so they'd probably discuss what characters are most deserving. Of course, Sakurai could always turn down a character since he's the head honcho, and he also gets the final word, but if there's enough love for a character it's chances are more. Also if the character has the possibility of being unique, which Bandana Dee has. I'm holding hope for Bandana Dee, and I'm sure if they really think hard about it, they'll realize he's one of the most deserving characters.
Also since Ridley's out of the question basically now, and same with Mewtwo, the biggest competition for Bandana Dee is actually just Dixie Kong, K. Rool, Issac, and possibly a veteran.

The big competition though would be Dixie and Issac in my opinion, they're the 2 characters that have the most possiblity, seeing that Dixie is highly requested and was playable in Tropical Freeze, and Issac is nowhere to be found, and highly requested as well. I'd say Bandana Dee has a great chance, especially with Kirby & The Rainbow Curse! Perhaps Bandana Dee will be some promotional character for that game, it's entirely possible.
So Chandelure, you better not use hope!
CoughImpaCough

Seriously though, I'm shocked we haven't had a zelda newcomer yet

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Yeah, Sakurai made Bandana Dee, but he was only an enemy in a minigame.
Maybe Sakurai still thinks Bandana Dee is a minor character.

Meh, I don't know, I only know that I want Bandana Dee.
I'm fine now, I'm pessimistic sometimes.

Oh, and about Dixie as a competition, I don't know...
She has a trophy, but wait! the trophy itself is not the problem. The problem is that her trophy has an effect in Smash Tour.
I'm not sure it that affects her chances.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Yeah, Sakurai made Bandana Dee, but he was only an enemy in a minigame.
Maybe Sakurai still thinks Bandana Dee is a minor character.

Meh, I don't know, I only know that I want Bandana Dee.
I'm fine now, I'm pessimistic sometimes.

Oh, and about Dixie as a competition, I don't know...
She has a trophy, but wait! the trophy itself is not the problem. The problem is that her trophy has an effect in Smash Tour.
I'm not sure it that affects her chances.
As long as she isn't an assist, which most of the smash tour items are, she'll be fine. Although this is sakurai so maybe he's just trying to throw us off by having her there, Who knows

ChainzDX

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2895-7652-4664
I do feel as if there's going to more than just the tourney and mewtwo being developed.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
At the moment, I feel like Dixie Kong is in a similar situation to Ridley, you have a vague idea of what she'll do, but for some reason that's not enough. If in the end she turns out to be nothing more than a power-up collectible, well... :( It'd be a shame if she was the first character deconfirmed in the Post-Mewtwo Era.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
At the moment, I feel like Dixie Kong is in a similar situation to Ridley, you have a vague idea of what she'll do, but for some reason that's not enough. If in the end she turns out to be nothing more than a power-up collectible, well... :( It'd be a shame if she was the first character deconfirmed in the Post-Mewtwo Era.
But Dixie Kong isn't too big

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I'm a little dissapointed with the number of stages.
We need more, it's like the same number of Brawl, except this game has A LOT of returning stages...and they are bad stages IMO, like Mario Circuit and 75 mts.

But well...now that a Return to Dreamland and Triple Deluxe stages are disconfirmed, at least for me. I hope for a Castle Dedede or Milky Way Wishes stage for DLC.

And yeah, I´m complaining a lot.
The salt is real.

Last edited:

Dr. Canadian Bacon

Smash Cadet
CoughImpaCough

Seriously though, I'm shocked we haven't had a zelda newcomer yet
I knew I forgot someone!
Let me be honest, I think Impa should've replaced Sheik personally... That's probably just me though.

I'm a little dissapointed with the number of stages.
We need more, it's like the same number of Brawl, except this game has A LOT of returning stages...and they are bad stages IMO, like Mario Circuit and 75 mts.

But well...now that a Return to Dreamland and Triple Deluxe stages are disconfirmed, at least for me. I hope for a Castle Dedede or Milky Way Wishes stage for DLC.

And yeah, the salt is real.
I'm also slightly disappointed with the number of stages, but more with the stages themselves. 75M, and Mario Circuit Brawl should've never returned, a new flatzone would be nice, WHERE IS A BOWSER'S CASTLE, Return to Dreamland deserves a new stage, and PACLAAND... PAC...LAND... That stage is a mess, and a waste. It's horrible and ugly. I would've much prefered Pacman's Maze from the 3DS version. I also would love Mute City and Magicant... but that's less of an issue.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I've been lurking for a couple months but I just wanted to say hi to everyone and give my support c:
We need the DeeLC!
Welcome to the Bandana Dee brigade! 'Lifts spear then gives you a spear' :laugh:
(We still do the 'Post No Mouth Video' ritual, right? :p )

Last edited:

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't mind Bandanna Waddle Dee, but the Kirby series has a lot of reps all ready if you think about it.

Like- compare the charts
Sonic: Sold 140 Mil - One Character
Donkey Kong: Sold 71 Mil - Two Characters
Kirby: Sold 34 Mil - Three Characters

Like, not to say I don't want Bandanna Waddle Dee, but I think Sakurai should prioritize.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I wouldn't mind Bandanna Waddle Dee, but the Kirby series has a lot of reps all ready if you think about it.

Like- compare the charts

Like, not to say I don't want Bandanna Waddle Dee, but I think Sakurai should prioritize.
It's OK, but this is not about marketing only.
And Sonic is third party.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I've been lurking for a couple months but I just wanted to say hi to everyone and give my support c:
We need the DeeLC!
I saw you in others forums... Anyway welcome to the club Bandana Brigade!

I'm also slightly disappointed with the number of stages, but more with the stages themselves. 75M, and Mario Circuit Brawl should've never returned, a new flatzone would be nice, WHERE IS A BOWSER'S CASTLE, Return to Dreamland deserves a new stage, and PACLAAND...
Im presonally was OK with mario circuit from brawl but then there Mario Circuit from Mario kart 8, I think they should stick with eight.
But 75M... Im really hate that stage, It was one of those horrible stage like Hanebow, Why 75M need to be return??? I think because hold history to Nintendo, I think....

After all we need more new stage!!

Is you guy, alredy see it by the way, Gamexplain show all the character tittle display on the Boxing Ring Display Screen on the back of the stage.

Kirby- The Pink Puffball
Meta Knight- The Masked Swordman
King Dedede- The King of Dream Land
That What I saw and read.

Bandana Dee would be like: Everyone Favorite Idol, Helper-Hero or The Spear Master(Just like the thread tittle!) What you think of yours!

(Im still wating for City Trial Remix and Cynthia Remix on Youtube...)

Last edited:

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
It's OK, but this is not about marketing only.
And Sonic is third party.
Well it kinda is. Sakurai wants people to buy DLC. So he's not going to put in some random character (not to say BWD is super random) but well.... I just think the Bandanna waddle is low priority. I mean, yes, Kirby is an important series, but most Kirby fans are at least pretty content with the current roster, right? Bandanna Waddle Dee would just be icing on the cake.

So that is why I'm guessing DLC characters will be mostly EXTREMELY wanted characters (aka King K. Rool, Mewtwo, Ganon)
Or they will be new characters from unrepresented series (aka Rhythm Heaven, Golden Sun, Professor Layton, Excitebike)

I mean c'mon be honest- the Kirby series in Smash Bros is repped pretty darn well. You can't really complain.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Well it kinda is. Sakurai wants people to buy DLC. So he's not going to put in some random character (not to say BWD is super random) but well.... I just think the Bandanna waddle is low priority. I mean, yes, Kirby is an important series, but most Kirby fans are at least pretty content with the current roster, right? Bandanna Waddle Dee would just be icing on the cake.

So that is why I'm guessing DLC characters will be mostly EXTREMELY wanted characters (aka King K. Rool, Mewtwo, Ganon)
Or they will be new characters from unrepresented series (aka Rhythm Heaven, Golden Sun, Professor Layton, Excitebike)

I mean c'mon be honest- the Kirby series in Smash Bros is repped pretty darn well. You can't really complain.
While you could argue Kirby doesn't need 4 reps... Does FE need 4 reps either?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

That's just opinion.
Someone can think DK is fine (not me, but yeah, that's subjetive).

And I don't care if Kirby is repped well (and I also don't think that's the case).
I just want to play as my favorite character.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord

Like- compare the charts

I don't think you should mention Sonic since he's third party. He's lucky his franchise has even one rep being himself. I don't think the third parities should be repped beyond the more iconic character.

I completely understand and believe the DK franchise SHOULD get another rep though. I would not be against that. The DK games sell a lot, Retro does a great job on the recent titles, and DK is pretty old as far as characters go.

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
While you could argue Kirby doesn't need 4 reps... Does FE need 4 reps either?
Very true- IMO Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus got over repped.
Although To be fair Lucina (and Dark Pit) are clones. So it's closer to 3 really. (3.5?)

Although the reason for so many Fire Emblem characters is because Awakening saved the franchise- it was supposed to be the last one in the series- unless it beat 250,000 sales the series would end... and it ended up being the best-selling Fire Emblem game ever.

ender_idk

Smash Journeyman
Maybe we can find someone who has a review copy to show him? It would be interesting to see his description.

Also, I tried my hand at something..

[collapse="Palutena's Guidance - Bandana Dee"]
[/collapse]
Oooooooooooooooohohohohohoho

This is like, maybe the greatest thing I have read.

Oh and HAI GUYS I IS BACK :3

OH and 100TH POST........ yay?

Last edited:

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
I don't think you should mention Sonic since he's third party. He's lucky his franchise has even one rep being himself. I don't think the third parities should be repped beyond the more iconic character.
With Sonic becoming more important on Nintendo consoles than ever, plus Sonic is the 8th most popular game series ever...
would it kill Sakurai to put in One more character?!?

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
With Sonic becoming more important on Nintendo consoles than ever, plus Sonic is the 8th most popular game series ever...
Well, though Sega and Nintendo are 'buddies', Sonic still isn't a Nintendo franchise.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I don't think that matters. Smash is MOSTLY a celebration and love letter to Nintendo's work and fans... not Sega's. Sonic doesn't need a new rep. No 3rd party character has had more than a single rep. Soon Megaman fans will be clamoring to say the same. I just don't think it should happen. Sonic games will appear on other consoles as well even if lately we had Lost Worlds and Boom. As a FRANCHISE he's not exclusive.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Clay Bandana Dee is so cute that I wouldn't mind that being his default art style if he were to be DeeLC.

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
I don't think that matters. Smash is MOSTLY a celebration and love letter to Nintendo's work and fans... not Sega's. Sonic doesn't need a new rep. No 3rd party character has had more than a single rep. Soon Megaman fans will be clamoring to say the same. I just don't think it should happen. Sonic games will appear on other consoles as well even if lately we had Lost Worlds and Boom. As a FRANCHISE he's not exclusive.
Really? You think? Ik it's an Nintendo homage but Sonic is pretty well imbued within Nintendo's History Now, either being enemies, or Partners, Mario and Sonic Olympaic Games...

BTW this is coming from someone who isn't even a huge fan of Sonic. I have literally One game of his.
Even checking his modern games... 4 out of 5 are exclusive to Nintendo consoles/handhelds.

Anyways we should probably get back to Waddle Dee. This is his thread.

Top Bottom