• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

I really want another Kirby Stage...and I don't care if it is from Super Star.
The Great Cave Offensive is just....meh.
It's going to be a stage that I will avoid at all costs... unless it's the Omega version.
The stage doesn't look so fun with it being gigantic and having all of those damn hazards.

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
I really want another Kirby Stage...and I don't care if it is from Super Star.
The Great Cave Offensive is just....meh.
I think it will only be good for 8 player fight. Anything else… no, unless you fight Bandana Dee in it.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Yeah, I don't like hazards, but I don't care about them because I always play in the Omega Forms.
The problems are IMO:
The music because, ugh, I mean ... I love all the Kirby music, but seriously, the same themes over and over again, it has like 3 versions of Green Greens.
I want another stage with more music of the new games.
Also, the appearance of the GCO is weird IMO, it doesn't represent very well the Kirby games, even in the Omega Form, it just look like a frisbee with some random colours and minor elements.

Last edited:

Dr. Canadian Bacon

Smash Cadet
No Bandana Dee appearance still? I'm impressed. I know Sakurai is bias, but bias enough to completely neglect a main character is just insane. I'm sure every trophy hasn't been found yet, but even then...

I shall not lose hope though. Never.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
If Magolor and Bandana Dee don't have trophies, it's Sakurai's bias. Prepare to cry.

If Magolor does has a trophy, but Bandana Dee doesn't, I would think DeeLC is confirmed, because there is no reason to include the antagonist, but not one of the heroes.

If both of them, or just a Bandana Dee trophy appears, that would not necessarily disconfirm him, because people found a Mewtwo trophy in the Wii U version.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
GameXplain just posted all of the palutena guidances

I'm EXTREMLEY underwhelmed by the kirby ones

Apparently viridi knows what is under meta knights mask.
HOLY ****. I found these interesting. I think this confirms that Metaknight might actually have the same abilities as Kirby in canon... maybe...

D

Deleted member

No, I don't know XD
I just said that because Bandana Dee can be an AT :(
I see.
I think we should start to worry if we see Wii U exclusive Assist Trophies. I haven't seen a reviewer show off gameplay of one...

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Oh, I totally forgot about the Wii U ATs.
I try to check all the info I kind, sadly in Monday and wednesday am gonna be absent.
Yep, there no a real confirmation of a Wii U exclusive AT.
There more stage to unlock, because Pac-man stage is unlockable stage.
And still no trophy for Magolor and Bandana Dee, after all there some content from return to dreamland alredy confirm like Starlord Ship and some music, sadly there not remix like there original Kirby games that Sakurai work in it, Even Air Ride got a remix but not any modern game (Except squeak squad?), I kinda sense Sakurai bias here, lol. (Still cool to hear return to dreamland JAMS.)

Bandana Dee and King Dedede vs. Bowser and Bowser Jr. <-- Just Imagine is THIS a actual event of the game. That one of the reason I want the Dee. and Isaac is not appear in AT. I really want the both as DLC, Soooooooo guys. I gonna play my "Wait for release the videogame" because is a very hard game to wait.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Maybe we can find someone who has a review copy to show him? It would be interesting to see his description.

Also, I tried my hand at something..

[collapse="Palutena's Guidance - Bandana Dee"]
[/collapse]

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Maybe we can find someone who has a review copy to show him? It would be interesting to see his description.

[/collapse]
In the words of Mordecai and Rigby, "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!":surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised: YES! THANK YOU, MAGOLOR, FOR FINALLY PUTTING THAT LITTLE BRAT IN HER PLACE! (I know this isn't really from Smash 4, but could you imagine if it was? That'd be so cool! And personally, I think it's really sweet of Magolor to defend Bandana Waddle Dee in all of this, don't you think? Heck, when I think about it, Viridi's a B.D. detractor, and Magolor just shut her right up, and in such a way that only Smash Bros. could do: outright stating that the person who's getting a little big for their britches ISN'T playable. The person in this case being Viridi.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Yeah, I don't like hazards, but I don't care about them because I always play in the Omega Forms.
The problems are IMO:
The music because, ugh, I mean ... I love all the Kirby music, but seriously, the same themes over and over again, it has like 3 versions of Green Greens.
I want another stage with more music of the new games.
Also, the appearance of the GCO is weird IMO, it doesn't represent very well the Kirby games, even in the Omega Form, it just look like a frisbee with some random colours and minor elements.
I agree. I LOVE Super Star and especially The Great Cave Offensive but it does not look like Cave Offensive at all.
On the bright side, we got RTDL music.

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184

[/collapse]
Now that's a Bandana Waddle Burn... I regret nothing about that pun!

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Sheesh, where are folks getting the updates regarding the Wii U version. I know gamexplain is posting some vids. Whose working on the trophies?

Dr. Canadian Bacon

Smash Cadet
I myself have made a moveset. I may have borrowed a few moves from the other movesets though... So it's a bit theify of me. For my first fully fleshed out moveset, I'm pretty satisfied.

Size: Same as Kirby

Walk Speed: Same as Olimar

Run Speed: Same as Lucario and Falco

Jump height: same as Wario, he's got powerful legs. 2 Jumps.

Air speed: 94 (Pit)

Weight: 79 (MetaKnight/Pikachu)

Gravity: 0.07 (Ivysaur/Toon Link)

(I tried with those stats... I hope they're alright. I think they work well for the character. Of course, it's going off Brawl data, not Crusade.)

~~~~~~~Sweet Spot~~~~~~~

Bandana Dee has a sweetspot at the tip of his spear, obviously it would do more damage.

~~~~~~~Standard Moves~~~~~~~

Jab: Bandana Dee thrusts his spear forwards rapidly. Hits multiple times for about (1% , 2% if sweetspot) each. A final thrust (If they're added, like SSB4) for (5%, 7% if sweetspot)

FTilt: Bandana Dee stabs his spear forwards, and slightly advances. More range than jab, (7%, 11% if sweetspot)

UTilt: Bandana Dee twirls his spear up, similar to Villigar's UTilt. With both arms, he wiggles the spear a bit. (8%, 12% if sweetspot)

DTilt: Same as Kirby, 6%.

Dash Attack: A simple jump headbutt forward, like most normal Waddle Dee’s, it’s what they do best. (9%)

~~~~~~~Air Moves~~~~~~~

NAir: Bandana Dee spins his spear, similar to Pit's NAir. (3% each hit, hit's a maximum of 4 times, no sweetspot)

FAir: Bandana Dee does a quick thrust forward with his spear. Very quick,( 9% , 13% if sweetspot)

BAir: Bandana Dee Swings his spear backward, hoping to hit. 7% with decent knockback. (No sweetspot)

UAir: Bandana Dee twirls his spear upward, similar to his UTilt, (7, 11% if sweetspot)

DAir: Bandana Dee stabs his spear downward. Similar to Link’s DAir. Sweetspot causes a meteor smash. (5%, 17% if sweetspot)

~~~~~~~Smash Attacks~~~~~~~

Forward Smash: Bandana Dee takes out an unopened parasol, and thrusts it foward. After that, it opens up with great knockback! (12% first hit, 6% second hit. Great knockback)

Down Smash: Bandana Dee leaps up, and punches his hand into the ground. This move is a simple Megaton Punch. It has a slow start up, but is very powerful and has high knockback AND a shockwave effect. It causes 18% if the fist hits, 10% if the shockwave hits. The move has amazing knockback, but is a bit slow to start. (18% Fist, 10% shockwave.)

Up Smash: Bandana Dee uses his Skyward Strike ability, and thrusts his spear very quickly upward. Not much knockback, but it does 17% without sweetspot, and 23% with sweetspot. (17%, 23% if sweetspot)

~~~~~~~Grabs~~~~~~~

Grab: Bandana Dee has the same grab range as Kirby, those stubby arms! His animation is also similar to Kirby’s.

Pummel: Bandana Dee punches his opponent with his free hand.

FThrow: Bandana Dee throws, and then stabs his opponent. (8%)

BThrow: Bandana Dee throws the opponent backward, and then stabs them with the point of his spear. (9%)

UThrow: Bandana Dee takes out his Parasol and twirls the opponent on it. The opponent is sent straight up after the move.(8%)

DThrow: Bandana Dee takes out his Parasol, throws his opponent into the ground, and twirls the parasol on top of them with him on it. They are sent behind him after the move. (10%)

~~~~~~~Specials~~~~~~~

Neutral Special: A chargeable move. If the move isn’t fully charge, Bandana Dee lunges a single spear forward. If the move is fully charged Bandana Dee lunges 3 spears forward. (Each spear does 7%, 9% if sweetspot) – Origins: Kirby’s Return to Dreamland (2010)

Side Special: Bandana Dee hops in a Minecart, and drives forward. The move is similar to Lloid Rocket, except he has to enter it. He’s able to hop out at any time, and it can’t turn. It pierces through opponents and could work as a decent recovery. (8% ) – Origins: Kirby Air Ride (2003)

Down Special: Bandana Dee grabs a Shotzo and places it in front of him very quickly. It’s similar to Wild Gunman. Shotzo stays on the field for 8 seconds, and shots every 2.5 seconds. It shots a max of 3 shots. (4% each shot) – Origins: Kirby’s Dreamland (1992)

Up Special: Bandana Dee’s most iconic move of course, the spear copter! Bandana Dee spins his spear very quickly and takes flight! The move boosts Bandana Dee up slowly, but has great recovery. Once the time is up though, Bandana Dee will fall, so you have to recover quickly! The move lasts about 3.5 seconds, and is multihit. It hits 10 times. It’s actually very similar to Ashley’s, but, less time and height. (2% each hit, 4% if sweetspot)

~~~~~~~FINAL SMASH~~~~~~~

Bandana Dee summons 2 stone blocks over top of his captured opponent. This is now his victim to a world of pain. This final smash is called “Perfect Megaton Punch”. Bandana Dee has a little cut scene of him getting perfect in all parts of the Megaton Punch game, and then he takes a big leap up, and punches the stone blocks. A cut scene plays, and it shows Popstar cracking in half! (Same as Kirby Superstar’s) The opponent then goes flying straight down, but since he’s already on the ground he’ll head straight up after hitting the ground. This move has insane knockback like most final smash’s, and will usually result in a KO. (50% Damage, single hit)

~~~~~~~EXTRA’S~~~~~~~

Idle: Bandana Dee swings his arms up and down, similar to Kirby! He’ll occasionally adjust his bandana though.

Taunt: Bandana Dee takes his pose, similar to his Return to Dreamland artwork, and adjusts his bandana.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Why the hell did I stop getting alerts?!?!??!!?! Rainbow Paintbrush looks amazing(Screw you, Europe gets the better name), BDee is improved and even more!

Bad news, the Kirby remixes are...disappointing. GCO is ANOTHER Green Greens, It's becoming Green Hill syndrome all over again! Dedede version 2 is pretty nice, but doesn't even come close to how a dedede theme should sound! However, there is a new Butter Building remix and a new remix of a classic track in the game, but we haven't heard it yet...

Dr. Canadian Bacon

Smash Cadet
Why the hell did I stop getting alerts?!?!??!!?! Rainbow Paintbrush looks amazing(Screw you, Europe gets the better name), BDee is improved and even more!

Bad news, the Kirby remixes are...disappointing. GCO is ANOTHER Green Greens, It's becoming Green Hill syndrome all over again! Dedede version 2 is pretty nice, but doesn't even come close to how a dedede theme should sound! However, there is a new Butter Building remix and a new remix of a classic track in the game, but we haven't heard it yet...
Actually, the King Dedede Version 2 theme is amazing. I think the whole idea for the song originally was supposed to sound like that. I may be wrong, but King Dedede's theme may have actually mean't to sound that way the whole time. Unfortunately it was impossible to do before the Wii, and even then they stuck to tradition. Sakurai noticed the love that the Japanese music from Super Mario 3D World got, so he decided to make King Dedede's theme Japanese-styled as well. I really feel like it was mean't to be that way the whole time though. I'm not sure why... it just feels right.

ALTHOUGH I AM DISAPPOINTED THERE'S NO MASKED DEDEDE REMIX, OR C.R.O.W.N.E.D. REMIX EITHER.

(Also disappointed in the lack of Bandana Dee)

Mariohuge

Smash Apprentice
Now now, everyone. We still don't know the full song list. Don't lose hope yet, for Masked Dedede's theme may be indeed in!

Last edited:
Top Bottom