• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I was so blow away by how Bandana dee play in rainbow cruise, AGAIN IS TAKING A ROLE. AND THE BEST THING... IS SPEAR IS BACK!!!! HE CAN FLY?! LIKE LITERALLY CAN FLY LIKE KIRBY!?
I saw that he can attack with its spear but I din't see its jabs combo. Is name is bandana waddle dee nintendo. when kirby transform into a tank, HE FIRST TRANFORM TO RICK, TO TANK, I SAW NINTENDO, I SAW THAT SECRET, YOU CAN'T FOOL ME, MY, KIRBY-SENSE!

Duck hunt trailer was epic too. can't stop watching one of my mains trailer. I love that guy.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
YO DID I NOT CALL THE WHOLE BANDANA DEE 4-PLAYER THING OR WHAT. TOLD FOLKS. Once I saw the Bandana Dee 4-some at e3 in that one image, I KNEW something was up. CALLED IT. SO FREAKING HAPPY. Game looking great and seeing Bandana Dee back and playable again is awesome.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
For those arguing if the color-thing makes Bandana Waddle Dee "generic", they're wrong. Why don't people pay attention to context and design in games? I'll tell you the difference between BDee in this game and RTDL and Toad in NSMB...

1.) Bandana Dee is his own unique character in Return to Dreamland. The toads you play in NSMB are generic toad and are interchangeable. Meaning the toads represent the species in their player selection slot.

NOW how does this differ with Rainbow Curse?

2.) All players are Bandana Dee, meaning the character is IMPORTANT and it's much more comparable to when Kirby is split into other color Kirby.

Look at it this way, in NSMB, each player slot is taken up by an icon character. Mario, Luigi, but than the next Slot... instead of JUST being TOAD (which works as he's different from both Mario AND Luigi) becomes just representative of all TOADS by being exchangeable with other colors. However in Rainbow Curse, ALL characters are Bandana Dee. Meaning he takes up all character slots. This is a lot more like when Kirby has color variations.

Considering that Waddle Dees don't come in many other colors, I would also predict that there is a STORY reason for the other Bandana Dee and it will probably be similar to how Kirby's been split up by the enemy. This is much more important than being a mere option.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Yeah, "Rainbow Curse" seems to match up with "different colors" of Bandana Dee.

Though, I do wonder where Meta Knight and Dedede are. I guess they'll be bosses just like in Epic Yarn?

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Yeah, "Rainbow Curse" seems to match up with "different colors" of Bandana Dee.

Though, I do wonder where Meta Knight and Dedede are. I guess they'll be bosses just like in Epic Yarn?
THAT or what if Dedede is captured again? This would explain Bandana Dee having a big role again as he'd more than go out of his way for the King.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I noticed in the trailer, the icon above Bandana Dee said "1P". Does this mean you can control him with the circle pad while simultaneously controlling Kirby with the stylus? ..Or is the Gamepad user just counted as "5P"?

EDIT: Does anyone have that image of Bandana Dee facepalming? I think it was in the older pages.
THIS HERE IS AN IMPORTANT DETAIL. I'm glad you pointed this out. I had to go back and rewatch the trailer.

THIS IS VERY INTERESTING. Even though the annoucer says you play as Kirby, the 1p symbol appears over original Bandana Dee….

You don’t control Kirby at all. Hell you didn’t control him in Canvas Curse, either.

What the player is controlling is Bandana Waddle Dee.

You’re not playing as Kirby in single player… but either as the Rainbow lines or Bandana Waddle Dee. The only actual Kirby character you CAN control is Bandana Waddle Dee.

So you have the option of playing the game JUST like canvas Curse or also controlling Bandana Waddle Dee with the joystick and buttons… and in moments where you need to move Kirby a certain way or break down a wall, you can also THAN look down and draw on the gamepad….

THIS IS VERY INTERESTING TO ME on a gameplay level… This might help people who complained about Canvas Curse’s unconventional controls (which I didn’t find to be a problem but some folks found it hard to handle)

This game will be 4 players with player one controlling the rainbow AND Bandana Waddle Dee if they choose so. The other 3 color Waddle Dees are for addtional players.

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
THIS HERE IS AN IMPORTANT DETAIL. I'm glad you pointed this out. I had to go back and rewatch the trailer.

THIS IS VERY INTERESTING. Even though the annoucer says you play as Kirby, the 1p symbol appears over original Bandana Dee….

You don’t control Kirby at all. Hell you didn’t control him in Canvas Curse, either.

What the player is controlling is Bandana Waddle Dee.

You’re not playing as Kirby in single player… but either as the Rainbow lines or Bandana Waddle Dee. The only actual Kirby character you CAN control is Bandana Waddle Dee.

So you have the option of playing the game JUST like canvas Curse or also controlling Bandana Waddle Dee with the joystick and buttons… and in moments where you need to move Kirby a certain way or break down a wall, you can also THAN look down and draw on the gamepad….

THIS IS VERY INTERESTING TO ME on a gameplay level… This might help people who complained about Canvas Curse’s unconventional controls (which I didn’t find to be a problem but some folks found it hard to handle)

This game will be 4 players with player one controlling the rainbow AND Bandana Waddle Dee if they choose so. The other 3 color Waddle Dees are for addtional players.
Imma be that guy with a wii more using BDee, but drawing on the gamepad with my feet. I really wanna use BDee, but I play all alone ;-;

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
I Deecree that today's Deerect was Deelightful.
Thus I Deem today .... darn I'm out of Dee puns
All the Zelda stuff in the direct was fantastic. The Spinner in Hyrule Warriors, Zelda content in Mario Kart, etc.
but the best thing in the Deerect was definitely Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush! (Is that it's new name everywhere or just a regional thing?) The Bandana Brigade (what I'll think of them as) Look like fun to play as and I love that B.Dee has his Spear back in this game but HOW CAN HE FLY!? (although it looks like he's not the best flier since Bandana Green seems to get tired after a few "flutters"
the new cannon item is pretty cool, and while I don't see it becoming a major part of Dee's arsenal I could still see it potentially getting into a bandana Dee moveset in Smash.
But WHY WHY WHY is he/they Waddle Dee again? he had a name now :(
I'll have to play Rainbow Paintbrush when I have friends over so I can be a Bandana Dee, let one of them be the rainbow.
I've thought up some new ideas for a Waddle Dee moveset so I may have to write out a new one.
but still Bandana Dee is gaining more and more prominence. keep up the hype!

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Imma be that guy with a wii more using BDee, but drawing on the gamepad with my feet. I really wanna use BDee, but I play all alone ;-;
Well if my prediction is right and if what I stated above is true, you can play as Bandana Waddle Dee in single player. You can pull Bandana Waddle Dee, and control him with the gamepad CONTROLLER (joystick and buttons).... so you'll use him to pick up and move Kirby around... THAN for certain parts where you need to tap on Kirby and create a rainbow line, you than use the gamepad screen to draw.

I'm speculating but considering that we saw the 1p symbol over Bandanda Dee... JUST THIS is a give away that 1p will be able to control Bandana Dee.

Also check out the e3 image. According to the direct, the game supports up to 4 players. So Why are there 5 characters? It's an image probably to just show off the Waddle Dee colors but why even have a 4th color waddle dee anyway? Seems odd to have one mere extra color option one can choose between the 3rd and 4th player. I imagine player 1 would HAVE to control the Rainbow Lines/Kirby and Player 2 would be the True Bandana Waddle Dee. Yet there are exactly 4 Waddle Dee... does this mean anything or could it indicate a mode or modes where all players can simply be Bandana Waddle Dees as well?

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkXmABkDlNE

Stop right in 17:26-17:27 you will see Rick on Kirby when transforming in tank.
And for Bandana Dee... 17:07-19:09 the green bandana dee do the classic jab from return to dream land.
and in Tank form the bandana dee wear another Hat, is a constructor HAT!

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkXmABkDlNE

Stop right in 17:26-17:27 you will see Rick on Kirby when transforming in tank.
And for Bandana Dee... 17:07-19:09 the green bandana dee do the classic jab from return to dream land.
and in Tank form the bandana dee wear another Hat, is a constructor HAT!
I've seen the cute shout out to rick in the transformation into tank but didn't catch that jab. If folks can't see it, just pay attention to the GREEN waddle dee specifically. Thanks for the catch. This confirms that Bandana Dee will be using his spear for sure.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Bandana Dee.png
I upgraded those Bandana Dee colors from before that I made.
Default - Bandana Dee
2 - Cursed Green (Green Team "Default")
3 - Cursed Yellow (Yellow Team "Default")
4 - Cursed Teal
5 - Kirby Dee (Red Team "Default")
6 - Meta Dee
7 - Deedede (Blue Team "Default")
8 - Gooey Dee

D

Deleted member

I upgraded those Bandana Dee colors from before that I made.
Default - Bandana Dee
2 - Cursed Green (Green Team "Default")
3 - Cursed Yellow (Yellow Team "Default")
4 - Cursed Teal
5 - Kirby Dee (Red Team "Default")
6 - Meta Dee
7 - Deedede (Blue Team "Default")
8 - Gooey Dee
They look great! Only Problem is Meta Dee Should have a grey face and there should be a Galacta Dee with a white face.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
They look great! Only Problem is Meta Dee Should have a grey face and there should be a Galacta Dee with a white face.
I wanted to stay with the Smash 4 quo (Except for Mac, cheating little sonofagun) of 8 Colors per character, so Galacta Dee wasn't put there (as much as I love Galacta Knight).
The reason I didn't give Meta Dee a Gray face is because I wanted the Bandana to represent the "Mask", in a way, so there's that. :p
I was also thinking of making Sailor Dee an Alt., but I decided not too. :U

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I'm sorry if I'm starting to sound like an old record player for saying this, but now I REALLY want to know, is it true that Bandana Waddle Dee really HAS learned how to fly like Kirby and King Dedede in Kirby and the Rainbow Curse? I guess I can understand if he hasn't, due to him still being able to use his spear in the game, but now I really want an official confirmation by someone if he fly like them now. Whether he has learned how to fly like them, or not, he'll still be my favorite little Waddle Dee!:love:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Hey guys, I'm sorry if I'm starting to sound like an old record player for saying this, but now I REALLY want to know, is it true that Bandana Waddle Dee really HAS learned how to fly like Kirby and King Dedede in Kirby and the Rainbow Curse? I guess I can understand if he hasn't, due to him still being able to use his spear in the game, but now I really want an official confirmation by someone if he fly like them now. Whether he has learned how to fly like them, or not, he'll still be my favorite little Waddle Dee!:love:
Looks like he's flying:
image.jpg

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
What's this about Bandana Dee flying? I'm pretty sure he just jumps multiple times, like he did in Return to Dreamland. I mean, from what I am seeing right now, it looks like he's inhaling, but he doesn't puff up or anything. He's just suspended in air for longer than usual, which is what is making it SEEM like he is flying.

I'm looking at Return to Dreamland footage right now, and it looks like the same thing to me.

Dr. Canadian Bacon

Smash Cadet
I hope Sakurai finally realizes "Oh, Bandana Waddle Dee is actually a character I should consider adding since he's actually relevant."

He looks great, really looking forward to playing Kirby & The Rainbow Curse with my friends.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
So there's no denying he's relevant.He's also popular among fans.Has a moveset which can be ripped right from return to dreamland.Why do people think he won't be deelc again?

Last edited by a moderator:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
The generic enemy argument is so bad. Bandana Dee is far from being generic as he's been made special by the creators... which in turn makes him stand out, which in turn makes him NOT generic.

I mean if the very creators are going of their way to give the character a role in the kingdom, a visual marker, and role on the cast, a trademark specialty, a bio, a personality, a presence across games, ETC... than... how does that make him generic?

People just want to point at his species and say "Generic" but that's silly. Generic is any character that's a part of a species.

A distinguished ally is far from a generic enemy.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
The generic enemy argument is so bad. Bandana Dee is far from being generic as he's been made special by the creators... which in turn makes him stand out, which in turn makes him NOT generic.

I mean if the very creators are going of their way to give the character a role in the kingdom, a visual marker, and role on the cast, a trademark specialty, a bio, a personality, a presence across games, ETC... than... how does that make him generic?

People just want to point at his species and say "Generic" but that's silly. Generic is any character that's a part of a species.

A distinguished ally is far from a generic enemy.
I agree completely, the "generic" argument is just stupid. people could say the same things about Yoshi, Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, Greninja, Jigglypuff, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Pichu, Kirby, R.O.B and probably others already in smash. and the sad things is, Bandana Dee is LESS generic than some of them

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I agree completely, the "generic" argument is just stupid. people could say the same things about Yoshi, Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, Greninja, Jigglypuff, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Pichu, Kirby, R.O.B and probably others already in smash. and the sad things is, Bandana Dee is LESS generic than some of them
*stares at Pokemon intensely*

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
HOW ARE PEOPLE GETTING COPIES OF THE GAME EARLY WTF
Ok, so it seems certain canadian players are getting it early, but they cannot talk about it.

They also got amiibos, game cube controller, and the game cube adapter ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

EDIT: the amount of songs you start with is 323!

And we got some rtdl songs too ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Last edited:

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Can someone explain to me what happened and where can I find updates on it when it comes to the leaks?

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Just go to gamexplain, they already are destroying sub boxes everywhere.

Can't wait to hear the new remix of butter building and D3's theme
WHAT?! TWO NEW REMIXES VER. 2. Now Im curious.

After all we need bandana dee some hype with all kirby content we can find.
The only music I didn't see Is city trial remix, I hope they unlock them soon...

Top Bottom