• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
It's a bit of a pet peeve of mine that they called him Waddle Dee, when his full name was Bandana Waddle Dee or Bandana Dee in Triple Deluxe. Is it really that hard to settle on an official name?

Along with that, I feel detractors are now going to say:

"LOL SEE THAT? MORE THAN ONE BANDANA DEE! GENERIC CHARACTER LOLOL"

My guess is that he was split up into 4 by the Rainbow Curse just like Kirby was in the Amazing Mirror. Hopefully that'll be a part of the storyline, wouldn't make too much sense to have 3 other random Bandana Dees randomly appear.

However, I think it's epic that he's a playable character once again! AND he uses his spear! My guess is that Dedede and Meta Knight are bosses or something.

D

Deleted member

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse is amiibo compatible. Bandana Dee amiibo confirmed??? But seriously the Waddle Dee mode looks to be so much better than single player since you have free roam.

EDIT: This does not make Bandana Dee generic. He got in over D3 and MK, proving his importance. And if Bandana Dee is generic since he has multiplayer recolors, than so is Kirby with all of his multiplayer recolors. That argument never made sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
Really glad they brought his spear back. Now I have a reason to buy this game!

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Hey, does anyone notice how Bandana Dee can fly now?

He kinda puffs his cheeks like Kirby and flies.

Doesn't really make sense, but I wonder if he would be able to fly in Smash.

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
WHO'S A MINOR UNIMPORTANT CHARACTER NOW, GAMEFAQS?

This is big. Dedede may have been harder to implement because of his size, but Meta Knight would have worked just fine. But the devs specifically chose our boy Bandana Dee! (BD is a boy... Right?)

Call911imonfire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Call911imonfire
WHO'S A MINOR UNIMPORTANT CHARACTER NOW, GAMEFAQS?

This is big. Dedede may have been harder to implement because of his size, but Meta Knight would have worked just fine. But the devs specifically chose our boy Bandana Dee! (BD is a boy... Right?)
Bandana Dee is indeed a boy.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I kind of want to Play the game only as Bandana Dee, I bet there will be a mode like that.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Hey, does anyone notice how Bandana Dee can fly now?

He kinda puffs his cheeks like Kirby and flies.

Doesn't really make sense, but I wonder if he would be able to fly in Smash.
Well, did it make sense with King Dedede?

I think just like how King Dedede learned to use inhale from Kirby, Bandana Dee learned to fly as well.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Wow. They are using Waddle Dee a lot now a days.

One thing I'll say is that I kind of wish they did a new character instead of Waddle Dee as the 4th character. Then, we wouldn't run into this importance problem. I guess they just didn't want to establish a whole new character.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Well, did it make sense with King Dedede?

I think just like how King Dedede learned to use inhale from Kirby, Bandana Dee learned to fly as well.
Bandana Dee is now known to be the most talented of Waddle Dees.

Being able to learn to fly unlike his brethren.

D

Deleted member

In the Deerect Bandana Dee could use a handheld blue missile(?) shooter thing like the tank clay Kirby! Quick, somebody make a moveset with that!
Wow. They are using Waddle Dee a lot now a days.

One thing I'll say is that I kind of wish they did a new character instead of Waddle Dee as the 4th character. Then, we wouldn't run into this importance problem. I guess they just didn't want to establish a whole new character.
What importance problem? Kirby has had multiple colors for multiplayer in multiple games like Kirby Fighters and Return to Dreamland. Is Bandana Dee being more like the main character of the franchise make him less important, or should Kirby be cut since he is generic and any other colored Kirby could take his place?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
What importance problem? Kirby has had multiple colors for multiplayer in multiple games like Kirby Fighters and Return to Dreamland. Is Bandana Dee being more like the main character of the franchise make him less important, or should Kirby be cut since he is generic and any other colored Kirby could take his place?
Color has nothing to do with it. It's kind of like the generic Toads in New Super Mario Bros. The character is used more to fill up multiplayer spots. Up until Return to Dreamland (R2D), Waddle Dees were just enemies. It's hard to turn a generic character into an important one. His roles have been distinct since R2D. It would be easier, and perhaps easier to implement, to have a new character fill the role. It's a tougher sell as Waddle Dee was, and still is in some respects, a generic enemy. Not that I'm against him in the game mind you.

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
I think the announcer made a stupid mistake, I hope his in game name is bandana dee.

Anyways xenoblade chronicles X looks amazing, too bad I can't play as mr. feeling it

Also bandana dee amiibo confirmed.

edsett

Smash Apprentice
Color has nothing to do with it. It's kind of like the generic Toads in New Super Mario Bros. The character is used more to fill up multiplayer spots. Up until Return to Dreamland (R2D), Waddle Dees were just enemies. It's hard to turn a generic character into an important one. His roles have been distinct since R2D. It would be easier, and perhaps easier to implement, to have a new character fill the role. It's a tougher sell as Waddle Dee was, and still is in some respects, a generic enemy. Not that I'm against him in the game mind you.
I understand what you're saying. But he's a Waddle Dee to show his association with King Dedede, who is heavily associated with his species. I'm sure that the more he appears and the distinct roles he has - the easier it'll be to view him as separate from his species. This is probably why he has so many appearances in the recent Kirby games. Of course, some people will always view him as generic no matter what and... we just gotta deal with it.
Plus, being from an established species may mean that it'll be easier for Bandana Dee to get in Smash then someone like Magolor, since Sakurai appears to having something against recent games and characters who weren't created by him.

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
This game has some great visuals. I need to catch up with my Kirby backlog. I need to play Mass Attack and Canvas Curse.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Funny, Meta Knight was the second guy in Nighmare in Dreamland and Super Star Ultra, in Triple Deluxe it was DDD's turn and now BD has his time in the sun.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Wait a minute.... the 3 Dees didn't use their spears in the footage. WHAT CONSPIRACY IS THIS?!?! :crazy:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Also, where was the other Waddle Dee that was Aqua and had a White Bandana on the artwork? Wasn't there 4?

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
What if by buying Rainbow Curse, it comes with a Bandana Dee amiibo that unlocks him in Smash? :eek:

Shog

Smash Ace
Oh my god, my sister will love this. Can someone show me the 3 colors of Waddle Bandana Dee? That's good news :)

(About Smash: This didn't proof or validates anything tbh. They are like the Toad's in NSMBW etc.)

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Oh my god, my sister will love this. Can someone show me the 3 colors of Waddle Bandana Dee? That's good news :)

(About Smash: This didn't proof or validates anything tbh. They are like the Toad's in NSMBW etc.)
No, they're like the other Kirbies in Amazing Mirror. This has significantly shown that Bandana Dee's role has expanded.

D

Deleted member

I am a bit irked how they called Bandana Dee "Waddle Dee" in the trailer. I understand that he is a Waddle Dee, but it irks me since they established in KTD that his name was "Bandana Dee." I do like that he got a more prominent role, however.
Personally, I won't be getting Rainbow Curse; the gameplay doesn't interest me.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Whoa. Bandana Dee...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................can..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................FLY?!:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:WHAT MANNER OF MAGIC BE THIS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

D

Deleted member

Smash 4 is pretty cool, it feels very balanced.
All the characters are ... usable.

The Kirby characters are pretty good.
Dedede doesn't have chain grabs, but he feels faster and more powerful, the Gordo Toss is awesome.
Meta Knight has less range and more lag in his attacks, but he's still pretty good, his Forward Smash is really powerful and his Special Moves too. His Forward and Back Air are really weak in damage but very strong in knockback.
Kirby is pretty good too, Up Tilt is awesome as always, very powerful Smash Attacks and his Down Air has very low lag.
His Hammer is useless now IMO, and the Stone is slower in the air, but it's still useful sometimes.

I hope Bandana Dee is good if DeeLC happens.
Dedede was good in brawl and feels amazing here!
But Meta Knight feels awful and kinda slow..
Am I Gematsu yet?
Jiggypuff Ain't no psychic type

Last edited by a moderator:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
I noticed in the trailer, the icon above Bandana Dee said "1P". Does this mean you can control him with the circle pad while simultaneously controlling Kirby with the stylus? ..Or is the Gamepad user just counted as "5P"?

EDIT: Does anyone have that image of Bandana Dee facepalming? I think it was in the older pages.

Last edited:
Top Bottom