• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
:laugh:
I guess Bandana Dee just is somehow smarter. Maybe he can find food on his own and just sticks around Dedede, um, Dedede pays him? :p
With what? There's no form of currency in the Kirby series. I think being loyal to Dedede is a part-time job, as a lot of his appearances now are alongside other characters than him specifically. (ex. helping Kirby)

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I don't know that I'm personally convinced that K64 Waddle Dee and Bandana Waddle Dee are the same character. I even have a personal feeling the Dreamland games (dreamland 2, 3, and K64) are even an alternative universe unrelated to KSS, Return to Dreamland, Triple Deluxe. That might be because to me the directors have such varying styles with characters that only show up in those directors games... so I always felt K64 is unrelated to the games Bandana Waddle Dee appears in, imo

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
With what? There's no form of currency in the Kirby series. I think being loyal to Dedede is a part-time job, as a lot of his appearances now are alongside other characters than him specifically. (ex. helping Kirby)
1. I'm pretty sure the 'currency' in Dreamland are stars.
2. Ok, I got it.
Bandana Dee gets food on his on and works for others to get stars to pay someone to polish his spear. :laugh:
Now am I right, or am I right? :laugh:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
I don't know that I'm personally convinced that K64 Waddle Dee and Bandana Waddle Dee are the same character. I even have a personal feeling the Dreamland games (dreamland 2, 3, and K64) are even an alternative universe unrelated to KSS, Return to Dreamland, Triple Deluxe. That might be because to me the directors have such varying styles with characters that only show up in those directors games... so I always felt K64 is unrelated to the games Bandana Waddle Dee appears in, imo
You sure about that?

(I posted this earlier I think)

D

Deleted member

Bandana Waddle Dee, or Bandana"wadorudi" (his name in Japan sounds so cool :kirby:!) participated in the Megaton Punch *Championship". That means he is world class :awesome:. And as for the sign, the glove looks like a red one of Little Mac's gloves:
Little Mac is playable. Bandana Dee confirmed!
I know that they're similar because they are both boxing gloves but I'm in the moment!

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
Are you guys seriously forgetting about in Kirby Super Star Ultra how in Revenge of the King BD Keeps calling King Dedede "Great King" and even offers (and actually tries) to fight Kirby in an attempt to save his king? I always felt guilty about killing Bandana Dee in that...

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Are you guys seriously forgetting about in Kirby Super Star Ultra how in Revenge of the King BD Keeps calling King Dedede "Great King" and even offers (and actually tries) to fight Kirby in an attempt to save his king? I always felt guilty about killing Bandana Dee in that...
He's REALLY trying to suck up for some extra cash. That spear won't polish itself!
:laugh:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
WOAH! Fellow Dees, take a LOOK AT THIS!

@ Chandeelure Chandeelure Remember when you said they were aware of Bandana Dee's importance because of the Ultra Sword?! Now they're taking artwork and in-game photos from that game and affiliating it with Smash!

This is amazing! If you think about it, Dedede's bigger role was in Triple Deluxe, right? Wrong! They used a Return to Dreamland feel to it! Notice how they mention "Wii" meaning the Kirby game for Wii in each post!

The game that Bandana Dee was playable in!
:joyful:

..Now, I have to calm down from this exciting news to tell you that, in case you were wondering, this comes from the Nintendo Dream Magazine. I cropped out the big parts of our Kirby cast to show this.

Isn't this amazing, though?! They just admitted they know who Bandana Dee is! And he wasn't even deconfirmed in any of the screenshots!

But they still haven't shown King Dedede's Final Smash. I am confident it will be Masked Dedede, but who knows.

This is just amazing. Bandana Dee confirmed! (I'm probably getting too excited over this)

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord

@ Chandeelure Chandeelure Remember when you said they were aware of Bandana Dee's importance because of the Ultra Sword?! Now they're taking artwork and in-game photos from that game and affiliating it with Smash!

This is amazing! If you think about it, Dedede's bigger role was in Triple Deluxe, right? Wrong! They used a Return to Dreamland feel to it! Notice how they mention "Wii" meaning the Kirby game for Wii in each post!

..Now, I have to calm down from this exciting news to tell you that, in case you were wondering, this comes from the Nintendo Dream Magazine. I cropped out the big parts of our Kirby cast to show this.

Isn't this amazing, though?! They just admitted they know who Bandana Dee is! And he wasn't even deconfirmed in any of the screenshots!

But they still haven't shown King Dedede's Final Smash. I am confident it will be Masked Dedede, but who knows.

This is just amazing. Bandana Dee confirmed! (I'm probably getting too excited over this)
Hm well this is certainly interesting! Would be nice if someone is able to translate. I do see that they have the art from RtDL there but it would be nice to know if it says anything else about the game's further influence on smash. I can see where is says Wii next to the images of the character models from RtDL but not sure if there's more significance to that other than identifying where the art is from. Though considering they choose to put the art in, might be some reason for it. Not like they couldn't just used the models from Smash if they just needed an image of the characters in general...

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
IT'S A SEXY AS **** KIRBY ALT, THAT'S WHAT IT IS

HOLY MOTHER OF LORD CHICKEN BOOTY BUTT BUMPING SAUSAGES

ITS SO BEAUTIFUL
IKR?!?!?!? I'VE WANTED THAT SO BADLY SINCE META KNIGHT WAS REVEALED!!!
but wait...what if it's actually an alt for Meta Knight himself!??!?! O.O

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle

LOOK AT THE TOP RIGHT PICTURE

LOOK AT IT

OMG
UNMASKED MK KORBY ALT OMG GORGEOUSSSSSS AHHDDHSJF ITS TOO BEAUTIFUL. I CANT HANDLE ALL DIS KIRBY NEWZZZZ BANDANA DEE IS 100% CONFFIRMEDD!! But really that alt is gorgeous<3 and I'm pretty positive that sakurai hasn't at least thought of adding dee. :D

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
IKR?!?!?!? I'VE WANTED THAT SO BADLY SINCE META KNIGHT WAS REVEALED!!!
but wait...what if it's actually an alt for Meta Knight himself!??!?! O.O
THAT WOULDNT MAKE SENSE BECAUSE HE NEEDS HIS SWORD AND CAPE AND WINGS AND STUFF AND METAKNIGHTS EYES ARE WHITE NOT YELLOW

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
THAT WOULDNT MAKE SENSE BECAUSE HE NEEDS HIS SWORD AND CAPE AND WINGS AND STUFF AND METAKNIGHTS EYES ARE WHITE NOT YELLOW
Aw damn, this is true. xD
Oh well...it's still an amazing alt-costume for Kirby. <3 More love for Meta Knight.
Let's just hope he's not broken so I don't feel guilty when I do use him. I would love to sub-main this guy....but I don't want to feel like a cheaparse for doing it....

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
So we know Kirby's final smash and meta knight's final smash. Pretty suspicious we don't know dedede's yet..

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
GUYS SAKURAI IS TELLING US SOMETHING

KIRBY IS ACTUALLY METAKNIGHT OP IN SMASH 4 AND HE GAVE HIM THE METAKNIGHT SKIN SO YOU CAN PRETEND TO BE METAKNIGHT WHEN YOUR USING OP KIRBY TO KICK ASSES

BANNED

LF2K

Floor Diver
I was going to ask what was the big deal about Mario and Meta Knight playing soccer was. :p

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
No it's definitely not MK without his mask. His color isn't purple/blue but practically black. Yellow eyes (which maybe is the color of MK's or not. It's hard to say if they changed it since they haven't depicted MK without his mask in a LONG time) so probably inaccurate.

Looks like just a cool color for Kirby I guess. Can't say it's Shadow Kirby either since Shadow Kirby now is a galaxy looking purplish dark character.

Just looks like a neat new color for Kirby I guess.

I'd LOVE a maskless MK alternative though.

Pokefan203

Smash Apprentice
So we know Kirby's final smash and meta knight's final smash. Pretty suspicious we don't know dedede's yet..
Oh god, what if he summons a bandana dee to fight with him.
Would be cool, though then no playable bandana dee in the game...

or Alfonso takes his place when bandana dee is in the battle

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh god, what if he summons a bandana dee to fight with him.
Would be cool, though then no playable bandana dee in the game...

or Alfonso takes his place when bandana dee is in the battle
Advise, if you want to post something but no one else has posted anything, use the edit feature, mods don't like double posting

I think BDee should get 3 jumps, DDD gets 4, Kirby 5 and MK has 6! FREAKING 6!

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535

H-H-H-YPE! :laugh:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
@ kirby_queen kirby_queen Meta-Knight's eyes actually are confirmed white, because they give a tint of yellow to whoever wears the mask. This is known, as when Kirby copies Meta-Knight's and gets his mask, his eyes turn green. The alternate costumes that we've seen in the pictures has yellow eyes with the yellow - tinted mask.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
@ kirby_queen kirby_queen Meta-Knight's eyes actually are confirmed white, because they give a tint of yellow to whoever wears the mask. This is known, as when Kirby copies Meta-Knight's and gets his mask, his eyes turn green. The alternate costumes that we've seen in the pictures has yellow eyes with the yellow - tinted mask.
possibly. I don't doubt personally this is the case, it's just not shown often in the games anymore since no more major MK battles. I'd say his eyes are white based on KSS but yeah. Would've been cool if the Kirby skin was basically a maskless MK. Would have been cool.

Top Bottom