• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
I made a roster, it includes bandana dee as well as some not unreasonable choices (unless ridley counts as unreasonable)

http://imgur.com/4r4A5Ri

anything highlighted in green is an alt costume

EDIT: ...why won't the image work

EDIT 2: does anyone know if your allowed to send images off of imgur?

EDIT 3: I just posted the link

Last edited:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
What would your reaction be if in the picture in the Nintendo Dream issue where it has Ultra Sword Kirby in Return to Dreamland, Bandana Dee was the second player seen from the bottom where it shows your HP?

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
What would your reaction be if in the picture in the Nintendo Dream issue where it has Ultra Sword Kirby in Return to Dreamland, Bandana Dee was the second player seen from the bottom where it shows your HP?
BANDANA DEE CONFIRMED. :laugh:
Seriously though, I'd think they may be hinting something...

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I made a roster, it includes bandana dee as well as some not unreasonable choices (unless ridley counts as unreasonable)

[/URL][/IMG]

How about just give us the link to the pic?
i'm gonna be honest, I wish I was as optimistic as you guys, I really fear for bandana dees chances
I feared his chances when I saw the leak, then saw the leak's flaws and saw Bandana Dee still has a chance. After all, we know how Sakurai does with his own series...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

[/URL][/IMG]

An attachment might work.
i'm gonna be honest, I wish I was as optimistic as you guys, I really fear for bandana dees chances
Fear is for the weak! Did our brave bandana-clad fighter fear for his life when he was sent up against Kirby, destroyer of worlds, devourer of the innocent? No! He did not fear! He fought for his self proclaimed great king! A loyal fighter he is, indeed. Until King Dedede changed his mind :p

LF2K

Floor Diver
I like the Deesciples, because we follow Deesus. :p Bandana Brigade works, too.

Maikou

Smash Ace

http://imgur.com/4r4A5Ri

anything highlighted in green is an alt costume

EDIT 3: I just posted the link
Why are Lucas and Dark Pit listed as Alternate Costumes? Sakurai stated that if a character differentiates in ANY WAY from another character, they get their own slot. Dark Pit and Lucas definitely work better as semi clones than just alternate costumes. not to mention that they are their own characters and have their own moves.

And personally, I'd hope for Grovyle over his evolution.....
That could work, I can't think of anything else. :p
I thought we had already established ourselves and our support group as the Bandana Brigade a long time ago? If we must rename ourselves, though, I'd prefer Deesciples.......
I'm confused.......

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
http://imgur.com/mJhFbk7 (japanese website)
http://imgur.com/dFkNtZh (american website)

Look at the first two images of the bottom of robins page. Most newcomers or veterans have this so you can learn more about them, or they are just advertising the game.

http://imgur.com/G0xFYWF (american website)
http://imgur.com/f0EoRhZ (japanese website)

notice how the american website has no link yet the japanese site does.

http://imgur.com/o7BeM9F (KRTDL japanese website)

why this game? why not a newer one, like triple deluxe or dream collection? what does this mean? I don't really know but bandana dee had his first playable role in this game. Could this hint at him being in smash bros?

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Meta Knight wasn't in Triple Deluxe, so it would make sense to talk about a game he had a role in.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
Im pretty chill so or so, i do think he's in, since i feel he would of been shown by now if not (then again deconfirmations are still happening, so we're not out of hot water yet) but even if he isnt playable, he'd pretty much be confirmed for smash 5 if he keeps showing up in games, which he is. and then theres deelc too.

Even if he isnt in smash 4, he will be playable in smash -someday- i am certain, so i'm pretty chill about the entire thing

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
Hey, throw me down as a supporter!
If we have 3/4 of the Dreamland crew, why not add the final one?

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
So question time!
What is your best record with BD on the True Arena in RTDL?
For me.... I haven't beat it, always had trouble with Galactia Knight.
Heck, I can't I even reach him with Meta Knight
He got the nerf he deserve.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
My vote goes towards Bandana Brigade. Deespicables sounds like a really bad pun or something, honestly.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
So question time!
What is your best record with BD on the True Arena in RTDL?
For me.... I haven't beat it, always had trouble with Galactia Knight.
Heck, I can't I even reach him with Meta Knight
He got the nerf he deserve.
Oh wow I don't know. I usually like doing Arena Runs with a variety of powers so I usually just use Kirby, pick a power and run without dropping or changing powers. Usually I try and beat it with Ninja power. Unforetuenly I moved my wii data over to my WiiU and since then haven't really played RtDL much. I have the Wii in my room and have been playing some RtDL on this console again but unlocking it still. So this will maybe be like my 4th play through of the game.

I do love doing arena runs but I mostly been doing runs in Triple Deluxe in stead. I think the boss fights and challenge is even better in Triple Deluxe :X Though they're still good in RtDL they're even more polished and less predictable up right in Triple Deluxe. So far I've beaten TA with Ninja and Archer. Trying to do it hammer now to beat my time cause I actually don't have a record lower than 20 minutes and I know I can do it.

I will try a Bandana Dee TA run soon hopefully if I have the time but kind of doubt it.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
While this may be a bit "bad" as it technically is cheating, I'm going to find out if there's any way to replace Kirby with Bandana Dee as the first player in RtDL, and if I can, I'll be going through the game as him. On levels that require Kirby for sucking things up and all that, I'll just have a second player come in as Kirby. Sounds pretty fun, haha.

EDIT: Wow, that was fast. I found it already. I'm also probably going to apply a code so that when you're hit by an enemy, you don't have any invulnerability, so bosses are going to be a bit harder on their multi-hit attacks.

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Oh wow I don't know. I usually like doing Arena Runs with a variety of powers so I usually just use Kirby, pick a power and run without dropping or changing powers. Usually I try and beat it with Ninja power. Unforetuenly I moved my wii data over to my WiiU and since then haven't really played RtDL much. I have the Wii in my room and have been playing some RtDL on this console again but unlocking it still. So this will maybe be like my 4th play through of the game.

I do love doing arena runs but I mostly been doing runs in Triple Deluxe in stead. I think the boss fights and challenge is even better in Triple Deluxe :X Though they're still good in RtDL they're even more polished and less predictable up right in Triple Deluxe. So far I've beaten TA with Ninja and Archer. Trying to do it hammer now to beat my time cause I actually don't have a record lower than 20 minutes and I know I can do it.

I will try a Bandana Dee TA run soon hopefully if I have the time but kind of doubt it.
I love making TA runs in Triple Deluxe. However, I only did it with the hammer because it's a great ability to did with bosses. I think I got 10-15 minutes with the hammer.

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
Speaking of Tiple Deluxe, how did you guys like the Smash Bros-esque mode in it.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Speaking of Tiple Deluxe, how did you guys like the Smash Bros-esque mode in it.
It was very fun and a little addicting.
Now if only they had online multiplayer because fighting CPUS in Kirby and Brawl is driving me nuts.

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
It was very fun and a little addicting.
Now if only they had online multiplayer because fighting CPUS in Kirby and Brawl is driving me nuts.
I know right!
Also, can't wait for the DLC for it!:grin:

Talking about Kirby Fighters? I love it! Kinda satisfying me until Smash 3DS comes out.
It's been holding me over, too
But I do think some of the powers are a little OP
*stares at sword kirby*

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Yeah! Check it out
(Can't post links but type "Kirby Fighters Z" in YouTube)
Oh, Kirby Fighters Z. Right now it's Japan only. :(
By the time it comes to the US I might not be interested anymore, but who knows. It looks much better than the one in Kirby Triple Deluxe, more stages, all abilities, and awesome items! Plus more alt costumes, I think there was a spear costume that gave you a blue head band that looked like Bandana Dee's bandana!
It's been holding me over, too
But I do think some of the powers are a little OP
*stares at sword kirby*
Heh heh, Sword actually my main... :p

Servine

Smash Cadet
I wonder if Sakurai will pull a Robin with Bandana Dee's moveset and give him some of Waddle Doo's powers by giving him a beam rod. He could use Beam grapple as his grab move and maybe Beam wave as a chargeable standard B move like Samus.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Eh, cutter is more OP IMO. People just keep spamming that Final Cutter. :p
I still think Bomb Kirby is a bit op.
Fast long ranged projectiles that hurt on contract that can good for lures and traps and the Drop Bomb can stop guards and much easier to do (just press b near opponents)
Its only con is that it doesn't deal a lot of damage.

Top Bottom