• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Maikou

Smash Ace
I've got another moveset idea. It's mostly my old one, but revised and better. Here:

Basic stats are same as Kirby's unless stated otherwise.
Bandana Dee holds a parasol on his back, while his spear stays in his hand.

Stage Intro Animation: Flies in and crashes on the Warpstar, similar to Kirby. (Bandana Dee holds onto the same part of the Warpstar from KRtDL) However, when he spins in the air, he flies higher than Kirby does and opens the Parasol, floating onto the ground, before placing the weapon on his back after closing it.

Idle Animations: Same ones from Return To Dreamland. Occasionally, Bandana's namesake with fall over his eyes and he'll adjust it.

Walking animation: Same from Return to Dreamland. Just noticeably slow than Kirby's.

Running animation: Same from Return to Dreamland. Slightly faster than Kirby's. (I speak of the movement speed here, by the way)

Jumps: 3 (One from the ground, two in the air)

Ground Jump Animation: Same from RtDL.

Air jump animation: a Somersault. Second air jump causes multiple somersaults, similar to what happens when Kirby jumps with the speed/jump shoe from Kirby Fighters.

Back jump animation: Same as Kirby's

Aerial back jump: Reverse somersault. Second back jump causes multiple reverse somersaults. See above.

Basic AAA: Spear Multithrust (the basic, standing still attack from Return to Dreamland and Triple Deluxe) First jab causes 3%, the jabs all do 3%, and final one does 5% with slight knockback.

Side-Tilt: a further thrust, does 5% with slight knockback.

Up-Tilt: Simply stabs straight upwards, 3% damage.

Down-Tilt: Slide. (the traditional Kirby slide kick, Bandana bounces a bit if he hits the foe and simply slides a couple of feet if he doesn't) Causes 3% damage and a flinch.

Up-Smash:

Side Smash: An even stronger far thrust that comes after a quick twirl. Twirl: 1%, no flinch Min: 5%, Max: 9%

Down Smash: A forward thrust followed by a back thrust. (based off the reverse-thrust move you can use if you press B+< after the first normal thrust) First thrust at min causes 3%, while the back does 4%. Max charge causes 7% and 10% respectively with greater knockback on the back thrust.

Dash attack: A short Pole-Vault kick. (Based only off of the fact that most polearm-wielders have this type of move available to them.) Does 5% damage with small knockback, causes Bandana to fall on his back afterwards since his spear is short and he has no legs. (plus cuteness factor)

Aerials

Neutral: Bandana swings the spear downwards, almost in a throwing motion, but accidentally causes a full vertical spin complete with reverse somersault.

Forward: Same as Kirby's. Same damage, too.

Back: Same as Kirby's. Ditto Fair.

Up: Moon Somersault Kick. Bandana performs a backflip kick. Causes 10% damage and upwards knockback. It should be a good enough KO move.

Down: Moon Drop (Same mechanics from the game; stall then fall). Each hurt causes 2% damage. If caught on the tip when the spear activates, the foe(s) will be trapped on it and given 5% damage for each strike.. Acts basically like ZSS and Shiek's Brawl Dairs; It can be jumped out of, but might still lead to one's doom if they aren't careful around pits.

Grab Throws

Grab: Pulls out the parasol on his back and makes a forward motion with it (basically the same motion as when you use the Parasol Shield/attack in-game) When dashing, Bandana will quickly pull it out and slide forward a short distance, appearing to drill with the weapon. (Based off of Parasol Drill)

Pummel: Headbutt. 1% damage.
(When a foe is grabbed, both of Bandana Dee's weapons will be on his backside, so he holds the foe with both his stubby hands/arms)

Forward throw: Arm Throw (Fighter Kirby's throw when you press forward/up after grabbing the foe.). Causes 5% Damage. OR the Circus Throw from Parasol, which does 5% damage as well. (In Kirby Super Star/Ultra and all games beyond, if you hold forward/backward when performing the Circus Throw move, the character will toss the foe in either direction, instead of straight up like normal)

Up Throw: Air Drop (Same as Meta Knight and Kirby). Same damage as Kirby's. OR the Circus Throw from Parasol, does 3% damage.

Down Throw: Fury Stomp (Same as Meta Knight and Kirby [You'll notice a sort-of tradition with this: Meta Knight and Kirby both have the same up and down throws, only a slight difference in power and animation. For Bandana's, his is exactly like Kirby's for both]). Same damage as Kirby's. OR Parasol Drill; Bandana takes out the parasol and lays the foe on the ground, before drilling them with the parasol, 7% damage overall.

Back Throw: Judo Throw (Fighter Kirby's throw when you press Back or Down after grabbing a foe). Does 5% damage. OR Circus Throw, See Forward Throw above.

Specials

Up: Waddle Copter (the Spear Copter move given a personal touch for Bandana). Causes a sort-of suction effect; Draws enemies in and then damages them. Each hit causes 2% damage, no "tipper" function. On the ground it needs to charge, in the air it instantly starts flying, but at the cost of much less flight time than when charged fully on the ground. When tired, Bandana will simply slow down, not entering a helpless state unless the play presses downward to fastfall. This applies to the alternates as well.
Alternate 1: Super Copter. Bandana spontaneously flies with the twirling spear no matter what, and gets great flight time, maneuverability, and speed, but at the cost of nearly zero attack power, each hit from the attack only doing 1% with zero flinching.
Alternate 2: Parasol Jump. Bandana jumps a decent height while spinning the Parasol, and slowly floats, however it's not nearly as good a recovery as either of the other two and is more likely to be used for things like combo finisher.
While I'm at it, Bandana's helpless fall is the same as Kirby's.

Neutral: Spear Throw (can be charged to throw three spears). Does 7% damage and causes decent knockback.

Side: Spin Kick (based off of both Fighter Kirby's move and the Arena description for Return to Dreamland that states "When the Bandana-Wearer kicks"). The move itself is exactly like in Kirby Triple Deluxe (and possibly Return to Dreamland, I'm not sure). It's three kick move. The first does 1%, the second does 5%, and the last one does 10% damage with decent knockback.

Down: Quake Punch (Partially original; based off of Megaton Punch, but weakened considerably to just be like Yoshi's down special, except much less jump height when used on the ground). Causes shockwaves like the Gigant Edge (Sword Ability-giving miniboss from KRtDL and TD)'s shockwave move on either side (in place of stars like Yoshi). Causes 8% damage from actual punch, Shockwaves do 5% damage

Final Smash: Megaton Punch. (The player literally plays the Megaton Punch mini-game, complete with Gauge, Timer, and Courser rounds, however, if used/activated above a pit, Bandana will Self-Destruct and the effect will end when he comes down punching) Minimal damage is 15% with so-so somewhat decent knockback. Max damage is 35% with practical guarantee of KO-power knockback.

Taunts
Up: Spins like Kirby, but trips up and falls on his face for a moment.
Side: Tries the shorter Kirby dance, but trips over on the slide, before quickly getting back up and fixing his bandana.
Down: Spins like Kirby, but also holds his spear above his head, and holds if forwards in left hand after the spin, before taking back in his right hand and resuming his idle.

Victory Poses:
1: Performs the KRtDL full Kirby dance
2: Interacts with a Landia in some way (imagine for yourself)
3: Performs the Four-Puffball Kirby Dance from Kirby and the Amazing Mirror with three generic Waddle Dees.

Just in the case of them, I'd like to add a few other Victory Screen poses.

Team Battle Victories:
With Kirby: Two-Puff Victory Dance from Kirby and the Amazing Mirror.
With Meta Knight: Bandana Stands in salute while Meta Knight poses.
With King Dedede: Dedede's victory from Brawl with the generic Dee. Bandana stands at his side while facing the camera and twirls his spear with his stubby hand.

Does everyone like the changes? I'm hoping so.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hey, you know what would be cool to hear during his trailer?

Now, I did think Masked Dedede would work, but it sounds really serious and tough, which isn't much of Bandana Dee's personality. However, I think this one works perfect! It carries the same tune, and it's more fun sounding than the other!
I... just can't stop listening to it. Is the rest of Triple Deluxe's soundtrack as awesome as this?

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
I... just can't stop listening to it. Is the rest of Triple Deluxe's soundtrack as awesome as this?
that theme isnt actually in triple deluxe, but in a dlc seperate..thing? kirby fighters Z
but triple deluxe does have an awesome soundtrack!

edit: :4greninja:

Last edited:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Really? Could I have a link? Unless you mean the short cutscene from the SSE, that doesn't count in my eyes
Yeah, that is what I meant, but didn't we only get newcomer trailers for Sonic and Snake when Brawl came out?

Since we aren't getting another SSE, it's plausible to think we could get hidden trailers for characters maybe when you encounter them or after you unlock them?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah, that is what I meant, but didn't we only get newcomer trailers for Sonic and Snake when Brawl came out?

Since we aren't getting another SSE, it's plausible to think we could get hidden trailers for characters maybe when you encounter them or after you unlock them?
True, but I was actually refering to trailers before release

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I still count Kirby Fighters Z content to be part of Kirby: Triple Deluxe, so I'd say that it is part of the K:TD soundtrack.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
GUYS LOOK AT THIS AMAZING KIRBY FIGHTERS Z ALT COSTUME OMG

marxmarxmarxmarxmarxmarxmaxrmarmxxammrxm

MARX

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
GUYS LOOK AT THIS

WANT WANT WANT

Is it worth the 230$ for this figure? (only 850 made)

also the sword slash has an led in it

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

2 Boss name's spoilers for Kirby Triple Deluxe ahead! (And some other music tracks.)
^

I compiled my favorite TD tracks for you guys (so naturally, there is a lot.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
2 Boss name's spoilers for Kirby Triple Deluxe ahead! (And some other music tracks.)
^

I compiled my favorite TD tracks for you guys (so naturally, there is a lot.)
Along with all of these tracks, I love this track so much.

I hope that at least one track from Kirby Triple Deluxe gets in, though I don't know if they're just going to focus on Kirby's Return to Dream Land since smash's development started in 2011.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
GUYS LOOK AT THIS

WANT WANT WANT

Is it worth the 230$ for this figure? (only 850 made)

also the sword slash has an led in it
Oh yeah! Saw this. It's huge too. It's bigger than Kirby's canon size LOL. I would love this figure but 230 bucks is outrageous. Especially for a character so round and basic, like really?

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Oh yeah! Saw this. It's huge too. It's bigger than Kirby's canon size LOL. I would love this figure but 230 bucks is outrageous. Especially for a character so round and basic, like really?
I'm really wondering what they're making it out of. The paint is really cheap cause Kirby isn't complex at all, making his formation wouldn't require much resources because he's round and smoothed out, and he doesn't have any real additions other than the flashy LED which shouldn't really be that much.

It's so nice but so expensive... </3

IronFish

Smash Ace
We better get a repeat of Robin's reveal trailer on Monday, or an announcement of a Nintendo Direct, we need some new info.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Man....damn.....

It's fake, and even if it is real, Lucina, Dr.Mario, and Dark Pit aren't with there receptive franchises, it can't be the final roster.
They are grouped together probably because they are all clones....

Last edited:

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
If it's fake, it's a very good fake. That roster would be incredibly dissapointing but it seems reaaaally believable. The names aren't there, the placement is weird, ganondorfs face looks like a black blur O.o but the newcomer artstyles are really well made. That might not be all of the characters though.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Ugh please tell me that's not real. lol. It doesn't seem it at all. Bowser Junior and clones left? Please tell me it's a fake. Duck Hunt dog is awesome though... not gonna lie lol.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I want to see a source....... Everyone, please, PLEASE forgive my language, but...I BETTER NOT BE GETTING F***** HERE.:mad:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Uhh, half of the stage select portraits are pictures of zoomed-in pictures of brawl stages

lol

Look at the Yoshi's Island stage, it's a picture of Brawl's yoshi island. It's not even at a correct stage select portrait angle.

Last edited:
Top Bottom