• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
It's not duck hunt dog it's just... Duck Hunt?
Probably because the Duck seems to be a supporting character, so you aren't just the dog. Kind of like Rosalina and Luma. I guess..

Man...please give me some concrete evidence that this is fake before I just sulk.

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, but yes, I'm 99% sure this is real.
Yeah........you need to take everything leaked with a grain of salt. Even if it is a trustworthy source can screw up. And like @Wasoodle said, there are no Miis.

Edit: Also yay 150 pages! We've come pretty far.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I'm so mad.....No Ridley, Lucas, Ice Climbers, Wolf.....ugh...AND BANDANA DEE.....

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
ok lol this is fake

every smash game has had franchises grouped so lucina, doc, and dark pit wouldn't make sense at all

also stage select is just lol

Also worth pointing out, how does Dedede magically change his height in the top right images? In the first he's head-height with Yoshi, in the next he's the same height as Donkey Kong.
Quoting this because now it's confirmed fake.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
There may be hope!

Relax Alex has posted that there can be 6 extra character slots.

Probably Wolf, Lucas, Ridley, and Ice Climbers are near guarantees. So maybe Bandana Dee and MewTwo for the final ones?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
There may be hope!

Probably Wolf, Lucas, Ridley, and Ice Climbers are near guarantees. So maybe Bandana Dee and MewTwo for the final ones?
The leaker said that the DLC characters are Snake, Lucas, Wolf, Ice Climbers and Chorus Men.
Also, he is not sure about Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
There may be hope!

the link is broken

also theres already hope because the leak is fake as ****

JUST LOOK AT THAT PIECE OF **** GANONDORF RENDER

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
The leaker said that the DLC characters are Snake, Lucas, Wolf, Ice Climbers and Chorus Men.
Also, he is not sure about Mewtwo.
That seems really BS that they make 4 veterans DLC and only 1 Newcomer DLC.

Maikou

Smash Ace
hahahahaha......hehehehehe.....ha. ha. ha.
Fake. This is just so fake. This simply won't happen.
ONE: Lucina, Dark Pit, and Doctor Mario aren't grouped with their franchise. It's been an unwritten rule with the devs for the past three games to keep those in the same series together in some way. The only possible aversion was with Yoshi in 64, but even then, he was only different in that his difference was vertical instead of horizontal. In Melee, Young Link and Ganondorf seem to avert this, but then again they are still one slot/square away from each other, the only difference is vertical. In Brawl, any differences were horizontal as well due to the vertical nature they took with aligning that time around. Also, stages from the same franchise are usually grouped together as well.

TWO: Duck Hunt Dog? really? You can't seriously say that Duck Hunt Dog could possibly be anything better than Bandana Dee. He doesn't even help you! He LAUGHS IN YOUR FACE when you miss a duck, not to mention that's one VERY old game that as far as I know, has only one entry in it's entire franchise. Not to mention he doesn't even have a name. His only role is to be a background element. A very annoying background element at that. Heck, Dark Pit, who I support even though doubting, seems on paper a WAY more likely candidate, especially considering Lucina and possibly Toon Link.

THREE: Who does Duck Hunt Dog even belong too? Certainly NOT Nintendo! The only game I've played with him in it was one that never releated to the NES or SNES in any way! I certainly never saw him on the N64. As much as I and many MANY others would LOVE to punch his face with Mario or my/theirself, he seems more suited to the role of Assist Trophy anyway. He's never been playable, or had much of a personality besides laughing at your legit mistakes because of the stupid game mechanic ducks flying out of your reach too fast. I know Sakurai worked with Little Mac, but then.... Little Mac is a character. He's a boxer an he's been in a fighting game. If Sakurai absolutely couldn't have come up with those moves Mac has, he could always use ones from the other boxers, such as the Egyptian's Teleport Spam move as a recovery. Can you really make any moves out of Duck Hunt Dog, or atleast enough to warrant a point in being playable? Maybe he'd be unique, but that'd only come from relying completely and entirely on ducks... Which even then, would be dang near impossible even with Sakurai's creative mind.

FOUR: I'm sure some people support Duck Hunt Dog, but I just have to ask, can you really, totally and surely, make a moveset for a character with nothing going for them? Pac-Man has moves because of multiple things. He has his old attacks, he has the spawn-random-stuff-and-people-relating-to-Namco ability people fear Toad would end up with, he has limbs to punch and kick with, among many other things. (This is one of the reasons I haven't exploded about Pac-Man since that post from long ago that will never be spoken of again: His moveset shockingly works, even if it IS what people use against Toad ALL THE FREAKIN' TIME.)

Even people who hate Bandana and think he's generic are still able to see that he can DO something, right? even if they think it's just him spawning random Kirby items to use, they could atleast make a moveset for him.

FIVE: There are Brawl characters missing that shouldn't be. Where are Wolf, Lucas, and the Ice Climbers? Wolf was only partially a clone, but his move stats and overall EVERYTHING were different enough that he didn't fell like a clone at all, unlike, say, Falco over there. Lucas was also more semi-clonish, essentially a type of "Luigi" to Ness. His specials all functioned in a slightly different manner, such as PK Freeze vs PK Flash, PK Fire leaving what's basically a campfire for multiple hits on a single foe vs a diagonal line to hit multiple foes with a single, decently strong attack. And of course, if Rosalina's far more complex style can work on 3DS, (as well as Olimar's,) then there's ZERO reason to exclude the Ice Climbers, especially in favor of Duck Hunt Dog or something.

Please note I refrained from the "Doctor Mario as a Costume" argument. As we've established with Lucina, if a character functions even slightly differently, they get a different slot, and Doctor Mario DEFINITELY functions the slightest bit differently from normal Plumber Mario.

Sheesh that was a long rant....

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
captain falcon never fought and he's in smash bros lol

also doctor mario couldn't be his own character because sakurai said that clones would be made if they have a different identity or something

so dark pit and doctor mario wouldn't work

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
ONE: Lucina, Dark Pit, and Doctor Mario aren't grouped with their franchise. It's been an unwritten rule with the devs for the past three games to keep those in the same series together in some way. The only possible aversion was with Yoshi in 64, but even then, he was only different in that his difference was vertical instead of horizontal. In Melee, Young Link and Ganondorf seem to avert this, but then again they are still one slot/square away from each other, the only difference is vertical. In Brawl, any differences were horizontal as well due to the vertical nature they took with aligning that time around. Also, stages from the same franchise are usually grouped together as well.

TWO: Duck Hunt Dog? really? You can't seriously say that Duck Hunt Dog could possibly be anything better than Bandana Dee. He doesn't even help you! He LAUGHS IN YOUR FACE when you miss a duck, not to mention that's one VERY old game that as far as I know, has only one entry in it's entire franchise. Not to mention he doesn't even have a name. His only role is to be a background element. A very annoying background element at that. Heck, Dark Pit, who I support even though doubting, seems on paper a WAY more likely candidate, especially considering Lucina and possibly Toon Link.

THREE: Who does Duck Hunt Dog even belong too? Certainly NOT Nintendo! The only game I've played with him in it was one that never releated to the NES or SNES in any way! I certainly never saw him on the N64. As much as I and many MANY others would LOVE to punch his face with Mario or my/theirself, he seems more suited to the role of Assist Trophy anyway. He's never been playable, or had much of a personality besides laughing at your legit mistakes because of the stupid game mechanic ducks flying out of your reach too fast. I know Sakurai worked with Little Mac, but then.... Little Mac is a character. He's a boxer an he's been in a fighting game. If Sakurai absolutely couldn't have come up with those moves Mac has, he could always use ones from the other boxers, such as the Egyptian's Teleport Spam move as a recovery. Can you really make any moves out of Duck Hunt Dog, or atleast enough to warrant a point in being playable? Maybe he'd be unique, but that'd only come from relying completely and entirely on ducks... Which even then, would be dang near impossible even with Sakurai's creative mind.

FOUR: I'm sure some people support Duck Hunt Dog, but I just have to ask, can you really, totally and surely, make a moveset for a character with nothing going for them? Pac-Man has moves because of multiple things. He has his old attacks, he has the spawn-random-stuff-and-people-relating-to-Namco ability people fear Toad would end up with, he has limbs to punch and kick with, among many other things. (This is one of the reasons I haven't exploded about Pac-Man since that post from long ago that will never be spoken of again: His moveset shockingly works, even if it IS what people use against Toad ALL THE FREAKIN' TIME.)

Even people who hate Bandana and think he's generic are still able to see that he can DO something, right? even if they think it's just him spawning random Kirby items to use, they could atleast make a moveset for him.

FIVE: There are Brawl characters missing that shouldn't be. Where are Wolf, Lucas, and the Ice Climbers? Wolf was only partially a clone, but his move stats and overall EVERYTHING were different enough that he didn't fell like a clone at all, unlike, say, Falco over there. Lucas was also more semi-clonish, essentially a type of "Luigi" to Ness. His specials all functioned in a slightly different manner, such as PK Freeze vs PK Flash, PK Fire leaving what's basically a campfire for multiple hits on a single foe vs a diagonal line to hit multiple foes with a single, decently strong attack. And of course, if Rosalina's far more complex style can work on 3DS, (as well as Olimar's,) then there's ZERO reason to exclude the Ice Climbers, especially in favor of Duck Hunt Dog or something.

Please note I refrained from the "Doctor Mario as a Costume" argument. As we've established with Lucina, if a character functions even slightly differently, they get a different slot, and Doctor Mario DEFINITELY functions the slightest bit differently from normal Plumber Mario.

Are you seriously saying that Duck Hunt dog isn't related to anything Nintendo? Cause when I was a kid I had this bad boy and it came with Duck Hunt.

Almost everyone played Duck Hunt who had an NES. Duck Hunt came with loads of NES. Duck Hunt is iconic. Other than this comment I agree that he'd make a better AT. Though I wouldn't be opposed to him.

Last edited:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Oh, god! Chandelure, don't scare me like that!

Where is Bandana Dee? Ridley? K. Rool? NOOO! :cry:

I think I might just cry a little if Bandana Dee doesn't get in..

Hey.. Wait a second.. :confused:

and the Polar Bear enemies were confirmed to return, too.

edsett

Smash Apprentice
Don't worry, there's always Smash 5. :/
I have to admit that I'm pretty disappointed that DK still only has 2 reps.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Oh, god! Chandelure, don't scare me like that!

Where is Bandana Dee? Ridley? K. Rool? NOOO! :cry:

I think I might just cry a little if Bandana Dee doesn't get in..

Hey.. Wait a second.. :confused:

and the Polar Bear enemies were confirmed to return, too.
Remember about the Polar Bear? It was an accidental pic of the day that wasn't meant to be shown. Also Ice Climbers, Wolf, Lucas, Snake, and Chorus Kids were claimed to be DLC by the leaker.

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice
Remember about the Polar Bear? It was an accidental pic of the day that wasn't meant to be shown. Also Ice Climbers, Wolf, Lucas, Snake, and Chorus Kids were claimed to be DLC by the leaker.
Chorus Kids DLC? Ice climbers reduced to DLC? Bull if true. Also, that jigs model looks a lot like her x and y design
Edit: Miis in a different selection from just characters? BUT WHY?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is real! YES WE GOT DA ROSTER! Duck Hunt Dog was my dark horse! But really. None of my other supported characters are on there. DEELC ACT 9000 MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE! SAKURAI WHY YOU DO THIS :cry:

Edit: Assuming its real, which it likely is :crying:

Last edited by a moderator:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
I'm so scared! He said there were more newcomers, but I'm scared our Bandana Dee won't get in! :crying:

But, don't worry! There's still hope! We just have to believe!

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
i'm not that phased at all tbh

my expectations were VERY LOW.

oh well, we have smash 5. he seemed fun to play as too :c

THIS. LEAK. IS. FAKE. JESUS. CHRIST. CALM. DOWN.
How can you CONFIRM if the leak is fake or not? None of the renders are exactly the same, and the Mii Fighter picture seems pretty real. You also can not play the "its fake until proven otherwise" because it's not fake, it's in the middle.

I'm sorry for getting so worked up, but please do not go around saying that the leak is 10000000000% fake. If anything, it could go either way. :O

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
i'm not that phased at all tbh

my expectations were VERY LOW.

oh well, we have smash 5. he seemed fun to play as too :c

How can you CONFIRM if the leak is fake or not? None of the renders are exactly the same, and the Mii Fighter picture seems pretty real. You also can not play the "its fake until proven otherwise" because it's not fake, it's in the middle.

I'm sorry for getting so worked up, but please do not go around saying that the leak is 10000000000% fake. If anything, it could go either way. :O
The Mii fighters thing is from a separate leak, and go look at some other threads, they have already debunked it.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
The Mii fighters thing is from a separate leak, and go look at some other threads, they have already debunked it.
It may be from a seperate leak, but please tell me, if the CSS leak is GURANTEED fake, please, how did you find the renders for Ness, Duck Hunt, Bowser Jr., and more?

It's 50/50, could go either way.

TylerBlackRunIt

I'm from YouTube
3DS FC
2509-3601-8302
Guys, someone on Gamefaqs found something interesting. Search Nintendo Direct on google, go under tools and select past 24 hours and look at the first result... :smirk:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I firmly believe the Leak is 100%. Sucks I know. However there is actually a slight glimmer of hope. Alternate costume for Meta Knight?

Let me explain. There was another leak that was called the Ninka leak. It lines up perfectly with the leak shown today. However something is noted that Bowser Jr. doesn't have any pallet swaps, but you can play as all of the Koopalings. So it is possible that a character can have an alternate costume of a completely new character.

So is this possible for Meta Knight with Bandana Dee? Maybe?

Bandana Dee can possible perform of Meta Knight's moves by way of helpers from Super Star.

It is honestly super unlikely, but it is our last hope.

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice
I firmly believe the Leak is 100%. Sucks I know. However there is actually a slight glimmer of hope. Alternate costume for Meta Knight?

Let me explain. There was another leak that was called the Ninka leak. It lines up perfectly with the leak shown today. However something is noted that Bowser Jr. doesn't have any pallet swaps, but you can play as all of the Koopalings. So it is possible that a character can have an alternate costume of a completely new character.

Bandana Dee can possible perform of Meta Knight's moves by way of helpers from Super Star.

Nah...., that does not work...... Still! DLC is our last hope if he is not in/the leak is real. I don't trust it though. Really? Dark Pit? Duck Hunt? We have already reached our quota of clone and odd characters!

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Nah...., that does not work...... Still! DLC is our last hope if he is not in/the leak is real. I don't trust it though. Really? Dark Pit? Duck Hunt? We have already reached our quota of clone and odd characters!
No we haven't. You have to accept this. It will easier on you.

D

Deleted member

Hopefully its a Smash Direct that Sakurai announces tomorrow to be streamed later that day or Thursday. Then we can find out the true fate of our hero!

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801

Duck Hunt Dog belongs to Nintendo and is very inconic, it was bundled with the original super mario bros and was also bundled with NES in America if you brought one. It sold pretty well on the NES just looking how many NES' were bought there. I'm not a big fan of Duck Hunt Dog, but I personally wouldn't mind Duck Hunt Dog got in. It all just depends on its moveset, if they can create a good fitting moveset for Duck Hunt Dog, I'll be all for it, but if they create a really unfitting moveset, Dog Hunt Dog will probably be my next punching bag. Duck Hunt Dog certainly does have a chance, I would personally want a different retro character. They shouldn't prioritize newcomers over veterans, I would rather have a game with no newcomers than the characters as DLC.

As for the leak, when I first looked at it I this was 99.9% real, but when I looked your guys' comments, then I realized that this probably fake. Why would they exclude Mii Fighters, Wii Fit Trainer, Pac-man and the Paper Mario stage but show everything else? Why does Wario almost have the same look on his face in Subspace Emissary? Even if the Duck Hunt Dog's artwork is really good, I think this is fake.

Um.......for those who have not seen, look at this: https://www.youtube.com/embed/gdbgCFZRab8

PAC Man and wii fit trainer are not all!? NOOOOOOoOOOOoOOoONOOOOOOoOOOOoOOoO
The video is private, what did it show?

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I'm going to believe this is fake. This seems really fake to me. This is fake. Unless Sakurai says it's real, it is fake

Morbi

Scavenger
Let us, for one second, assume that the leak is real... okay...

Why is that relevant to Bandanna Dee's chances? I will answer that for us, it is not. The leak's legitimacy does not confirm that Bandanna Dee is not in the game as a playable character.

Top Bottom