• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

IronFish

Smash Ace
Uggh... Guys, you know who my most wanted newcomer is/was? That's right Robin! When gemastu came around did I give up hope? No I didn't! I kept supporting my favorite tactician, and guess what? He was confirmed despite a leak! Everyone calm the butt down!

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
HM bowser jr to me seems like the oddest choice. I can maybe see Duck Hunt as the unexpected retro newcomer but bowser jr? I dunno feels off.

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice
Duck Hunt Dog belongs to Nintendo and is very inconic, it was packaged with the orginal super mario bros, in fact this was a good selling game on the NES. I'm not a big fan of Duck Hunt Dog, but I personally wouldn't mind Duck Hunt Dog got in. It all just depends on its moveset, if they can create a good fitting moveset for Duck Hunt Dog, I'll be all for it, but if they create a really unfitting moveset, Dog Hunt Dog will probably be my next punching bag. Duck Hunt Dog certainly does have a chance, I would personally want a different retro character. They shouldn't prioritize newcomers over veterans, I would rather have a game with no newcomers than the characters as DLC.

As for the leak, when I first looked at it I this was 99.9% real, but when I looked your guys' comments, the I realized that this probably fake. Why would they exclude Mii Fighters, Wii Fit Trainer, Pac-man and the Paper Mario stage but show everything else? Why does Wario almost have the same look on his face in Subspace Emissary? Even if the Duck Hunt Dog's artwork is really good, I think this is fake.

The video is private, what did it show?
It's a nintendo direct apparently..............odd, isn't it?

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Uggh... Guys, you know who my most wanted newcomer is/was? That's right Robin! When gemastu came around did I give up hope? No I didn't! I kept supporting my favorite tactician, and guess what? He was confirmed despite a leak! Everyone calm the butt down!
Thanks. And the leaker said he hadn't unlocked everything yet, so there's still hope! Keep your heads high, fellow Dees! :smirk:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Some people never believed Gematsu in the first place though.

Even then, if this was real, why would they unlock a character like BD after the 3rd parties?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Sonic and Snake is/can be unlocked before Ness
That is true, but the leaker said that there's 5 DLC characters. Those might fill up some spots so BD is really unlikely if this leak is true.

D

Deleted member

Even if this leak is real or not, I still think that Bandana Dee has a chance.
My thoughts are not affected by the leak at all. Remember Gematsu? We all thought that our characters were done and all we were going to get left were Shulk, Chrom, and the Chorus Men. Then, a certain legendary Tactician tipped the scales for us and has given everyone new-found hope. We mustn't give up on this hope; we can still get him. This isn't the end for us.

I say that this leak is fake until proven otherwise for now. There are some fishy things about it...
EDIT: The part about the DLC, I doubt that this has come into fruition now. Sakurai said that there haven't been any plans for it yet. I doubt that he'll have them now.
Bandana Dee could still get in as DLC. Though, I know that he is in the game in some form. He won't be overlooked.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Even if this leak is real or not, I still think that Bandana Dee has a chance.
My thoughts are not affected by the leak at all. Remember Gematsu? We all thought that our characters were done and all we were going to get left were Shulk, Chrom, and the Chorus Men. Then, a certain legendary Tactician tipped the scales for us and has given everyone new-found hope. We mustn't give up on this hope; we can still get him. This isn't the end for us.

I say that this leak is fake until proven otherwise for now. There are some fishy things about it...
I'll be honest, I expected more than Shulk, Chrom and Chorus Men. cx

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Okay, I mean, I haven't been part of the SmashBoards community that long (although I lurked for around four years), but does it always get this annoying when a leak comes up? Also, do you guys TRULY believe that the Wario and Ganondorf renders are legit? They look like complete ****, and they completely wipe out the whole cartoon-y feel for the game. It's fake.

D

Deleted member

I'll be honest, I expected more than Shulk, Chrom and Chorus Men. cx
As did I. I knew that Gematsu wouldn't kill off every character. It just left people thinking that it was the end.

Anyways, let's get onto more positive topics now. What would be the Wii U Kirby stage?

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Thanks. And the leaker said he hadn't unlocked everything yet, so there's still hope! Keep your heads high, fellow Dees! :smirk:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
you guys are a bunch of negative Nellies...
I'd rather be negative Nellies than 1000% expecting my most wanted newcomers to be in, cx.

I don't really believe it, but I think that it could go either way.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
As did I. I knew that Gematsu wouldn't kill off every character. It just left people thinking that it was the end.

Anyways, let's get onto more positive topics now. What would be the Wii U Kirby stage?
Reposting this from a post I previously made:

Stage Boss (Wii U) - Whispy Woods:

Whispy Woods has been the staple boss of the Kirby franchise, appearing in almost every game to date. Whispy Woods has also appeared in a stage alongside every single Smash Bros. game, which is Dream Land in Super Smash Bros. and Green Greens in Melee and Brawl. He would appear in a new Kirby stage, whether it be Cookie Country, Green Greens, or Dream Land. I feel as Cookie Country would be the biggest contender, as it would be the perfect stage to be revealed alongside Bandana Dee. Whispy Woods would be present in the stage at all times, being a "permanent boss". He would be in an idle mode most of the match, then get angry after a while and shake his leaves. This will trigger his active mode, in which he will start attacking. As Whispy is an easy boss, this should be expressed in the games too, with him being an easy boss with weak attacks. He would drop apples, spit air puffs, and occasionally inhale a player as shown in Return to Dream Land. He would be finished fairly fast, in which he would go into a defeated state for the rest of the match, such as in Kirby Air Ride. If he is not defeated before he stops attacking, he will recover his health and go into his idle stance once again. Music for the stage could include Return to Dream Land's theme, Green Greens (remix from Smash Direct), Cookie Country, Gourmet Race, and more.

It's confirmed fake now. There wouldn't be that much characters in the starting roster, lol. Every 3rd party character as a starter? Yeah, no.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Another thing: The Rosalina and Yoshi icons seem out of place. Rosalina is part of the Mario Universe. Yoshi is part of the Yoshi Universe. Why would the Mario characters be separated like that?

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I don't believe any of the "leaks" I bet they're all distractions so the developers can have us chasing geese so than suddenly things like Lucina and Robin, Rosalina, etc happen with less prediction. Conspiracy theory time.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I'm hoping for Cookie Country

Also, does that count as a double post?

Last edited:

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
I don't believe any of the "leaks" I bet they're all distractions so the developers can have us chasing geese so than suddenly things like Lucina and Robin, Rosalina, etc happen with less prediction. Conspiracy theory time.
In this thread?? You people have been off-topic for too long.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
In this thread??
lol, j/k I don't believe such a theory. Probably just more folks fooling around with images. Who knows. I don't.

I will be optimistic and continue to see Bandana Waddle Dee as a possibility. I want to see him deconfirmed from the source itself!

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
lol, j/k I don't believe such a theory. Probably just more folks fooling around with images. Who knows. I don't.

I will be optimistic and continue to see Bandana Waddle Dee as a possibility. I want to see him deconfirmed from the source itself!
Yeah. I've seen one too many of these *ahem* "Leaks"

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I just realized, the character's names aren't shown under the character art

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
To get us back on topic, since we know that there's going to a Nintendo Direct, do you guys think that we're going to get Bandana Dee when it comes? I personally think that we're at least going to get one newcomer from it but I'm not sure if it would be Bandana Dee.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
To get us back on topic, since we know that there's going to a Nintendo Direct, do you guys think that we're going to get Bandana Dee when it comes? I personally think that we're at least going to get one newcomer from it but I'm not sure if it would be Bandana Dee.
WAIT!!! WE'RE GETTING A NINTENDO DIRECT?!?!?!:crazy: MY GOD, THIS DAY!:surprised:.......:surprised:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I'm going to swing for the opposite here. Since we don't have much time at all left for the new game to come out... I'd say more than one new comer! Hopefully Bandana Dee can be one of them!

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Hopefully something like this will happen
“I would like to give you more information about Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. But first, take a look at this”
Then Bandana Dee trailer commences

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
“I would like to give you more information about Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. But first, take a look at this”
THIS I would love this. Plus I'd get to know more about the new Kirby game. Kirby fangirl Win/Win! Two for the price of one deal. I wanted to know Bandana Waddle Dee's role in Rainbow Curse soo....

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice
Agreed! I kinda hope it happens late so I doesn't happen when I have school and I miss the celebration here.:c
SO THERE IS A DIRECT.....?:confused:
Well,gamefaq found a private youtube video in google under last 24 hours that appears to b a direct

Top Bottom