• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice
Well, whatever. No need for any side to get their panties in a wad over this. We're just having some good natured ribbing at something that's been blown up and exaggerated. Some circles are a bit biased against BD, and maybe we've been a little too vicious.

Besides, the real fun will happen when we find out Ridley's fate. :troll:
It's always fun to see reactions, both the happy ones, and the angry insane ones :rotfl:
When BDee is announced, I'm gonna gloat as much as I want. COuld you imagine if BDee and Ridley were confirmed on the same day??? :o
That would probably lead to OVER 9000 comments here. Imagine that, along with the missing veterans, K.Rool, and Shulk. I believe the entire fandom would go crazy for a week.:awesome:
What if it's: Bandana Waddle Dee :rotfl:
Mabye so, they do need to fit the name in there though.

LF2K

Floor Diver
I made a concept of what his player icons might look like.

And yes, I'm aware some of the letters are crooked. It's just a concept. :p

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Apparently according to Gamefaqs, we are going to raid them soon.....why has nobody told me. :c

LF2K

Floor Diver
Well, I think it's obvious who the guests are. :p

Last edited:

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
What's this about a "raid"?
nothing to worry about mod, 1-2 users earlier in this thread stated how they wanted to go to gamefaqs should bd be revealed and as a (im pretty certain) joke said we should go raid gamefaqs once bd is revealed. Apparantly the rude guys on gamefaqs stalked this thread and then posted a "The dumb BD supporter's are comming to raid us 100% if their character gets revealed" thing, which started a whole mess'o'things.

But i can assure you nobody here is planning a Raid

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
nothing to worry about mod, 1-2 users earlier in this thread stated how they wanted to go to gamefaqs should bd be revealed and as a (im pretty certain) joke said we should go raid gamefaqs once bd is revealed. Apparantly the rude guys on gamefaqs stalked this thread and then posted a "The dumb BD supporter's are comming to raid us 100% if their character gets revealed" thing, which started a whole mess'o'things.

But i can assure you nobody here is planning a Raid
I see. I can't say I would have supported a raid, though I probably would have been neutral if I weren't a mod. :troll:

'Raid' always reminds me of that cutscene from SSE where the Waddle Dees gang up on Wario. lol

D

Deleted member

I was on Gamefaqs and it appears that none of them took the smashboards link to read the thread since nobody commented on any apology/misunderstanding comment. Now they're arguing about R.O.B and Waddle Dees for some reason. Lets just forget about them for now.

Anyway… A new spear focused moveset is approaching!
DATA AND SPECIAL NOTES
Jumps: 2. (Same animation as KRtD)•Jump Height: Same as Samus.
Height: Same as Kirby.
Falling Speed: Same as Mario.
Weight: A bit more than Kirby.
Walking Speed: Same as Kirby.
Dash Speed: Same as Toon Link.
All moves using his spear have sweet spots on the spear point.

SPECIALS
Neutral Special (Spear Throw):
Bandana Dee hurls a spear in an arc a distance that is half of Final Destination. This can be spammed to an extent, and gives the Dee a hover effect in the air. He can shuffle forward slowly while on the ground. This is based off of Triple Deluxe. (5% each)
Custom #1: Return to Dreamland style. Dee charges up his attack to throw 1,2, or 3 spears and cannot shuffle. (3%, 6%, 9%)
Custom #2: A combination of each! Bandana Dee can shuffle forward and can hover, but he can only throw 2 spears for less damage! (2%, 6%)
Side Special (Waddle Dee Leap): Dee jumps the same way as Waddle Dees do to damage opponents. This attack has lots of knockback but is very laggy. (16%)
Custom #1: Bandana Waddle Dee can charge up his leap to jump farther. (5-11%)
Custom #2: Bandana Dee spins his spear and charges forward without jumping. (9%)
Up Special (Spear Copter): Bandana Dee immediately spins his spear above him in this multi-hit attack that can deal up to 12% before hitting opponents away. This goes the height of Kirby’s Final Cutter and stays airborne with its hitbox even after the KO hit as Bandana Waddle Dee floats downwards. He can cancel the last part in favor of helpless state to fall faster.
Custom #1: Bandana Dee can deal up to 15% and more knockback, but the effect of his recovery isn't instant, as he must charge it up.
Custom #2: Bandana Dee gets recovery that is comparable to Olimar's Brawl Up Special without Pikmin, but he floats downward, able to change where is spear is so he can damage opponents from all sides, not just above him for up to 18%
Down Special (Star Shot): Bandana Dee raises his spear, and the same star used to damage enemies if you have no copy ability from the Kirby series appears. Referencing Bandana Dee being a boss as the star is a staple weapon that bosses create, he fires it forward by pointing his spear forward. The size of the star is the same as is if you swallowed a Waddle Dee. (8%)
Custom #1: Bandana Dee fires off a smaller star, akin to ones created by a bosses' weaker attacks. This variation can be spammed more affectively due to being fired faster. (4%)
Custom #2: Bandana Dee fires a huge star projectile, one Kirby can use only if he swallows multiple things or a big enemy. The projectile has a slower travel speed than the other projectiles. (15%)
Mechanic (Assist Star): Bandana Dee has a blue star icon above his portrait, where Little Mac's KO meter is shown. It generates food like this: the more damage/KOs Bandana Dee has under his belt he gets more food charged up, but it "powers down" the more he gets hit/gets KOed. It goes from from Ice Cream (5% heal; easy to get) to the Pep Brew you get before bosses (20% heal; hard to get) to a Maxim Tomato that he gives Dedede (50% heal like Maxim Tomatos; extremely hard to get)
Final Smash (Waddle Dee Hype Train): Taken from Triple Deluxe, Bandana Dee runs into a cave that appeared in the background while the fight stops, and emerges driving a huge Waddle Dee Train across newly built railroad tracks that Screen KOs everything in an area that is around the same height and width of 4 Bowsers forming a square around Bandana Dee when he unleashes his Final Smash. (30%)

SMASHES
Forward Smash:
Bandana Dee employs his spear for a quick thrust forward like the spear ability's first jab. (20-27%)
Up Smash: Dee uses the Skyward Strike from the Spear ability’s repertoire; he moves his spear from one hand into both and strikes upward quickly. (18-25%)
Down Smash: Bandana Dee leaps onto the 2 stone blocks (summoned from hammerspace; they double his height) that he stands on during the Megaton Punch minigame while charging. Then he strikes down at the blocks which shatter into pebbles that deal damage. The sweetspot is Dee’s fist, but the hitbox encompasses a tad above him and around him due to the pebbles and shockwaves. If an opponent is next to Bandana Waddle Dee when he starts charging they are trapped next to him, resulting in the sweetspot. The charge animation is unique, as the megaton punch mini-game plays out next to him/above him, shrunk down, of course. (5-10% pebbles; 19-28% Megaton Punch)

TILTS
Forward Tilt:
Bandana Dee stabs his spear like in his Forward Smash, except he keeps it closer to himself so he can angle it up or down. (11%)
Up Tilt: Dee poses the same way as he does in the Kirby Triple Deluxe artwork. (6%)
Down Tilt: Bandana Dee pokes his spear ahead of him. (7%)

JAB COMBO, DASH ATTACK, AND GET UP ATTACKS
Jab Combo:
A- Bandana Dee uses a weaker version of his Forward Tilt. (3%) AA- Bandana Dee uses the repeated version of the Spear ability’s jab. (1% each) Finisher- Dee uses the last hit of Spear’s jab, an extended thrust forward. (5%)
Dash Attack: Bandana Dee performs the slide from the Kirby games. (4%)
Ledge Attack: Bandana Waddle Dee thrusts his spear above the ground in front of him before getting up. (6%)
Get Up Attack: Dee pokes his spear on each side of him while getting up. (7% each)

AERIALS
Neutral Aerial:
Bandana Dee spins quickly while his spear is still outstretched, resulting in the sweetspot being farther away from Bandana Dee, making the attack primed for offense rather then defense. (13%)
Forward Aerial: Bandana Waddle Dee kicks once using both feet (10%)
Up Aerial: Bandana Dee uses his Up Smash, but in the air. (14%)
Down Aerial: Bandana Dee uses the Moon Drop from the Spear ability, spiraling downward and initial hitbox included. The second part of the attack has a strong meteor effect on the spear tip. Enemies hit by the first hit are trapped and get hit with the full force of the attack; they are not trapped if they get hit at any other time (like in Kirby Triple Deluxe). (12% first hit; 15% meteor)
Back Aerial: Bandana Dee bashes the butt of his spear behind him. (10%)

GRAB, PUMMEL, AND THROWS
Grab:
Bandana Dee reaches in front of him.
Pummel: Dee punches the opponent with his free hand.
Forward Throw: Bandana Waddle Dee punts his victim. (8%)
Up Throw: Bandana Dee performs a deadly headbutt. (7%)
Down Throw: Bandana Dee uses Meta Knight and Kirby's Down Throw, but sends opponents behind him. (10%)
Back Throw: Bandana Waddle Dee hurls his enemy backwards before pivoting and hitting them with his spear point. (9%)

TAUNTS AND ENTRY ANIMATION

Forward Taunt: Dee fixes his Bandana’s placement.•Up Taunt: Dee makes the same gestures he does in Triple Deluxe after giving Kirby food.
Down Taunt: Bandana Dee does his version (shortened) of the Kirby Dance from Return to Dreamland.
Entry Animation: Bandana Dee crashes into the ground on a Warpstar. He is on the same bottom right part of the star as he is in the RtD intro.

PALLETE SWAPS AND ALTS

(These have Bandanas)
(The hat replaces the Bandana)

splat

Smash Lord
Wow, I just realized I have never posted in this thread before, even though Bandana Dee is one of my top picks for the new games. Just wanted to put that out there. I don't have much else to say, so here's a bunch of recolors I did two years ago.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Wow, I just realized I have never posted in this thread before, even though Bandana Dee is one of my top picks for the new games. Just wanted to put that out there. I don't have much else to say, so here's a bunch of recolors I did two years ago.

Cute!

As for the name. If it's required that it be shortened than I think it should be Bandana Dee.

D

Deleted member

New Trailer approaching!
Add Bandana Dee next to Dedede, add in this music, make Luigi just fly off not to be seen again, and replace the SSE fighter trophies Wario has with a smash invitation that King Dedede steals from Wario and gives to Bandana Dee! Note: Wario is not revealed that day :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
so, just about 27 days left till smash comes out in japan.

How many more newcommers do you guys expect will be shown? we got no directs comming i know of, and sakurai said they were comming to the bottom of character trailers, so the robin/lucina one wasn't the last one.

When do you think they'll show the last ones? or do you think they will be in game?

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603

How many more newcommers do you guys expect will be shown? we got no directs comming i know of, and sakurai said they were comming to the bottom of character trailers, so the robin/lucina one wasn't the last one.

When do you think they'll show the last ones? or do you think they will be in game?
I expect there will be 1 more newcomer, then the rest of the newcomers will be unlockable

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice

I imagIne 1-2 newcomers, will be in, but that's me. I think that we may get a dual trailer with two newcomers (or three).
I expect there will be 1 more newcomer, then the rest of the newcomers will be unlockable
I think that a lot of the characters on the page will be unlockable. With the number of characters now exceeding Brawl, Not everyone on the page can be in from the start.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
How would Bandana Dee look if he appeared in the Dreamland trilogy?

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace

I know it's unlikely, but I want a rush of newcomers, like Bandana Dee, the DK newcomer, Shulk, Ridley, and the Rhythm Heaven rep, all at once!

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
LOL, so many people saying that BDee isn't important enough, but at least he has a more unique moveset than Toad, which is really what Sakarai is looking for.
But bandana dee still has variety, and captain toad doesn't even fight! there are always just coincidental rocks and boulders and shizz that you can use to hit the enemy. Bandana Dee could wield a spear, a parasol, and has a food motife. Bandana Dee is more unique, and is more fit for fighting.
Um, excuse you two? I'm not one to play mod but you shouldn't offend other fanbases. I like Bandana Dee and Toad, but I'm a bit pessimistic, but it is rude to offend people like me.

Just food for thought, Toad could use Power-Ups, throws, headbutts, punches, Hammers, bombs, etc. He has a wide arsenal of weapons

D

Deleted member

Um, excuse you two? I'm not one to play mod but you shouldn't offend other fanbases. I like Bandana Dee and Toad, but I'm a bit pessimistic, but it is rude to offend people like me.

Just food for thought, Toad could use Power-Ups, throws, headbutts, punches, Hammers, bombs, etc. He has a wide arsenal of weapons
Weren't you the one who posted that comment saying that Captain Toad is more important than Bandana Dee? Anyway, you're right about not being rude to other fanbases, and as for the uniqueness thing, Captain Toad (I can't find a support icon for him) and Bandana Dee would be some of the most unique newcomers out there, and I personally hope each are in.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

That's true, people doesn't need to insult other characters or fanbases, but they didn't insult the character, they just said that Bandana Dee has more moveset potential.
Also, you are the person who always talk about Toad in this thread for no reason.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
It really burns me when I see someone saying a character I support is awesome, then preceding to say how he/she is better then another character I support, whom "isn't a good choice".

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Weren't you the one who posted that comment saying that Captain Toad is more important than Bandana Dee? Anyway, you're right about not being rude to other fanbases, and as for the uniqueness thing, Captain Toad (I can't find a support icon for him) and Bandana Dee would be some of the most unique newcomers out there, and I personally hope each are in.
I said it as Bandana Dee isn't as important to his franchise as much as Captain Toad/Mario when they get compared, or King K Rool of DK, etc. but BD is still pretty important. I'm a pessimistic, so :c

and no, I don't go here and talk about Toad...? I may have, but I don't think so. I'm a bit of a pessimistic so I look down on my wanted characters. Maybe I was comparing those two? I honestly do not remember cx

but I think most of my posts here are BD related, at least.....? Idunno, I made a badge for BD once but I could've just been comparing the two in posts alot.

I'm sorry if I offended by saying BD isn't as important as other characters to their series, but I'm pessimistic about everything, so it's better to just be like "lol ur pessimistic get out! l0l!" when you see my replies. It's just the fact that some of you are overly optimistic so I have to be pessimistic to not get my hopes up, lol.

Still though, BD is one of my most wanted. I just don't think importance alone would get him in, since characters like Chrom got the shaft.

IIRC I only talked about Toad in this thread when there was something that sorta offended me, like how in the OP there used to be a "Toad deconfirmed" section, things like that. I just don't think threads should offend fanbases, that is all.
I'm sorry if I DID overpost Toad, but I don't think I was posting about him just to. I think that most of my posts were BD related.
I admit, I could've been posting things like "It'd be cool to have some kinda sidekick battle with Toad, BD, Tails, etc." or things like "It's funny how both Toad and BD are used in movesets kinda", but I don't remember. sorry q~q

TL;DR: I'm a pessimistic and that is why I compare him to characters with seniority. If I DID post anything Toad related, it was probably because someone posted something about Toad that offended me.

please don't point out the fact that this post was TECHNICALLY about Toad qqqqqqqqqq i'm sorry

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I said it as Bandana Dee isn't as important to his franchise as much as Captain Toad/Mario when they get compared, or King K Rool of DK, etc. but BD is still pretty important. I'm a pessimistic, so :c

and no, I don't go here and talk about Toad...? I may have, but I don't think so. I'm a bit of a pessimistic so I look down on my wanted characters. Maybe I was comparing those two? I honestly do not remember cx

but I think most of my posts here are BD related, at least.....? Idunno, I made a badge for BD once but I could've just been comparing the two in posts alot.

I'm sorry if I offended by saying BD isn't as important as other characters to their series, but I'm pessimistic about everything, so it's better to just be like "lol ur pessimistic get out! l0l!" when you see my replies. It's just the fact that some of you are overly optimistic so I have to be pessimistic to not get my hopes up, lol.

Still though, BD is one of my most wanted. I just don't think importance alone would get him in, since characters like Chrom got the shaft.

IIRC I only talked about Toad in this thread when there was something that sorta offended me, like how in the OP there used to be a "Toad deconfirmed" section, things like that. I just don't think threads should offend fanbases, that is all.
I'm sorry if I DID overpost Toad, but I don't think I was posting about him just to. I think that most of my posts were BD related.
I admit, I could've been posting things like "It'd be cool to have some kinda sidekick battle with Toad, BD, Tails, etc." or things like "It's funny how both Toad and BD are used in movesets kinda", but I don't remember. sorry q~q

TL;DR: I'm a pessimistic and that is why I compare him to characters with seniority. If I DID post anything Toad related, it was probably because someone posted something about Toad that offended me.

please don't point out the fact that this post was TECHNICALLY about Toad qqqqqqqqqq i'm sorry
Well...
Mario has over 200 games. Kirby has 24.
It's all in the ratios my friend. So Bandana Dee is just as if not more important then Captain Toad.
Yes, I support Cpt. Toad.

D

Deleted member

Cpt. Toad and Bandana Dee are from a species that consist of generic characters, but they get something to distinguish themselves from the others, imo, BD is more important because he already had prominent roles, nothing stops CT from taking Toad's place in future Mario game.
Anyway, Bandana Dee's FS is the Big Gay Dance we all know and love

D

Deleted member

Don't be pessimistic, it ruins the fun of speculating! Even though not being pessimistic makes your dreams get crushed even harder.

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice
The Narator should yell this: "We want the Dee! The Bandana Dee!"
That seems like what the crowd may yell sometimes. That WOULD be pretty awsome.
It really burns me when I see someone saying a character I support is awesome, then preceding to say how he/she is better then another character I support, whom "isn't a good choice".
It is hard, especially when you support characters you know may never get in (mine is Amy Rose)
Cpt. Toad and Bandana Dee are from a species that consist of generic characters, but they get something to distinguish themselves from the others, imo, BD is more important because he already had prominent roles, nothing stops CT from taking Toad's place in future Mario game.
Anyway, Bandana Dee's FS is the Big Gay Dance we all know and love
Really? So, are there Waddle Dees? Do you have a video? Am I just overreacting because I just played Episode 4 of Season 2 of the Walking Dead Game?
Don't be pessimistic, it ruins the fun of speculating! Even though not being pessimistic makes your dreams get crushed even harder.
At least you are let down easier if things do go bad. But screw it! I am still gonna have hope until the end!

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Ah, I just find it safer to be pessimistic. BD's chances are pretty likely, and I'd probably main him, but I just wouldn't want another one of my most wanted to be shot down, you know? (R.I.P. : Lip, Isabelle, Maybe Squirtle and Ivysaur, etc.)
Though, sometimes with an obvious hint like Pseudo Palutena then I get overly optimistic. cx

Now, back to the topic of BD (I didn't mean to sidetrack o uo"""), what'd his reveal trailer be like?

I'd find it pretty sw00t if he and Meta Knight got revealed at the same time, but Meta Knight's already revealed... :c

Personally, I think that BD's reveal trailer would be pretty cool if it confirmed BD, a new Kirby stage, and maybe Adeleine as an AT.

D

Deleted member

Ah, I just find it safer to be pessimistic. BD's chances are pretty likely, and I'd probably main him, but I just wouldn't want another one of my most wanted to be shot down, you know? (R.I.P. : Lip, Isabelle, Maybe Squirtle and Ivysaur, etc.)
Though, sometimes with an obvious hint like Pseudo Palutena then I get overly optimistic. cx

Now, back to the topic of BD (I didn't mean to sidetrack o uo"""), what'd his reveal trailer be like?

I'd find it pretty sw00t if he and Meta Knight got revealed at the same time, but Meta Knight's already revealed... :c

Personally, I think that BD's reveal trailer would be pretty cool if it confirmed BD, a new Kirby stage, and maybe Adeleine as an AT.

Top Bottom