• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Clever.. very clever.

Though, I think I'd prefer to see a brand new trailer. This speculated one is real good, but it'd feel like I've already seen it, you know?

In my opinion, it should start off with a battle of Kirby (maybe MK and DDD too) VS. Whispy Woods/Marx/Magolor/whoever, and we see them fighting until the Boss is about to beat the gang, but then BD swoops in on a Warp Star and saves the day.
It then shows gameplay of Bandana Dee, confirming the Fountain of Dreams, the stage with Whispy Woods, and a new Kirby stage.
Also Adeleine as an AT and maybe Magolar as a hazard on the new Kirby stage. Also confirms a BD streetpass hat for your Mii.

iknowit'sbland D8

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We need Kracko as a boss though, since he is in that Kirby fighters Z trailer with that obvious confirmation of Bandana Dee

Last edited by a moderator:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Um, excuse you two? I'm not one to play mod but you shouldn't offend other fanbases. I like Bandana Dee and Toad, but I'm a bit pessimistic, but it is rude to offend people like me.

Just food for thought, Toad could use Power-Ups, throws, headbutts, punches, Hammers, bombs, etc. He has a wide arsenal of weapons
Wasn't being rude, just a comparison to those saying bandana dee is like toad. I have my opinions, and I feel like bandana dee would be the better choice as a fighter :) I'm sorry if this "offends" you, but it's just my opinion.

D

Deleted member

BD playable in KFZ? Link please
He isn't playable in KFZ :c I was referring to this obvious smash confirmation from the trailer.
HUZZAH! I have finally made somebody get :4greninja:'d! Now I can post this cool image and catchphrase on a smash site, not a pokemon one :reverse:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
BD playable in KFZ? Link please
Umm no, only as a cameo when for some reason Kracko does an attack where keychains blocked the screen and one of them is the Dee himself (or itself XD).

My first :4greninja:'d :3

Last edited:

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
I feel the crowd would prob just chant BAN-DAN-A

and this made me just realize, if he'd become the new meta knight, he'd be bannedana dee

:troll:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Umm no, only as a cameo when for some reason Kracko does an attack where keychains blocked the screen and one of them is the Dee himself (or itself XD).

My first :4greninja:'d :3
Bandana Dee is male.

and this made me just realize, if he'd become the new meta knight, he'd be bannedana dee

Bannedana Dee XD

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, I wanted to ask, what do you think B.D.'s entrance in Smash 4 could be?:ohwell:
I think that he'll use the spear copter to get onto the stage. He could probably come from the screen, similar to Sonic's entrance.

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice
I went to Triple Deluxe's official site and guess what I found? Bandana Dee. On the bottom of every page. "Go Back To Top" He be rollin' in that tutorial dough
Really? Mabye it's because I am using an IPad, but I am not seeing that.

XD
Hey guys, I wanted to ask, what do you think B.D.'s entrance in Smash 4 could be?:ohwell:
He lifts his spear epically and points it forward.

D

Deleted member

Bandana Dee throws his spear on the ground, jumps on it, stands like a bad*** and then, finally take it out to fight

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
He rips through the screen, punches the player, and pulls his spear out from the body of his last defeated enemy and yells in a text bubble "GET READY"

j/k I like the spear copter idea or like the waddle dees in Revenge of the King, he can float down from a parasol

D

Deleted member

Entry animation: He falls from the sky and lands with his spear in front of him. Ridley's bloody head falls down behind him.

D

Deleted member

Entry animation: He falls from the sky and lands with his spear in front of him. Ridley's bloody head falls down behind him.
When Ridley joins the battle, Alfonzo is in charge of being murdered. Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!"

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Entrance:

Bandana Dee comes in on a warp star, on the bottom right like always.

Or

Spear copter in

Or

Falls from the sky on his face, only to quickly get back up with his spear
Falls from the sky on his face seems the most fitting due to his cartoony personality. <3

D

Deleted member

We all know that he would be featured in some cute scene with Luma and Kirby doing the Kirby Dance :awesome:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
He isn't playable in KFZ :c I was referring to this obvious smash confirmation from the trailer.
HUZZAH! I have finally made somebody get :4greninja:'d! Now I can post this cool image and catchphrase on a smash site, not a pokemon one :reverse:
Sooo...

Meta-Knight is playable, Master Hand is a boss, Bandana Dee is a newcomer, and Kracko is the new stage boss from our sexy new Kirby stage?

TRAILER CONFIRMED TO BE BUBBLY CLOUDS WITH KRACKO AND THEYRE FIGHTING HIM THEN MASTER HAND GRABS KRACKO AND EATS HIM WITH HIS MAGICAL HIDDEN MOUTH THING AND THEN METAKNIGHT IS LIKE OMG NONO IM GON DIE PLS AND THEN KIRBYS LIKE SUCK SUCK SUCK AND DEDEDE IS LIKE HUFF AND BANDANA DEE COMES AND KICKS ASS AND HES LIKE YEAH NOOBS AND HE WINS

Sounds good to me!

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Sooo...

Meta-Knight is playable, Master Hand is a boss, Bandana Dee is a newcomer, and Kracko is the new stage boss from our sexy new Kirby stage?

TRAILER CONFIRMED TO BE BUBBLY CLOUDS WITH KRACKO AND THEYRE FIGHTING HIM THEN MASTER HAND GRABS KRACKO AND EATS HIM WITH HIS MAGICAL HIDDEN MOUTH THING AND THEN METAKNIGHT IS LIKE OMG NONO IM GON DIE PLS AND THEN KIRBYS LIKE SUCK SUCK SUCK AND DEDEDE IS LIKE HUFF AND BANDANA DEE COMES AND KICKS *** AND HES LIKE YEAH NOOBS AND HE WINS

Sounds good to me!
If we get a stage reveal with kracko sometime soon, I'm gonna be hyped

D

Deleted member

Sooo...

TRAILER CONFIRMED TO BE BUBBLY CLOUDS WITH KRACKO AND THEYRE FIGHTING HIM THEN MASTER HAND GRABS KRACKO AND EATS HIM WITH HIS MAGICAL HIDDEN MOUTH THING AND THEN METAKNIGHT IS LIKE OMG NONO IM GON DIE PLS AND THEN KIRBYS LIKE SUCK SUCK SUCK AND DEDEDE IS LIKE HUFF AND BANDANA DEE COMES AND KICKS *** AND HES LIKE YEAH NOOBS AND HE WINS

Sounds good to me!
The top of that image=playable characters. The bottom=bosses. The left side=veterans to smash. The right side=newcomers to smash. :cool:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
I hate to burst your bubble, but that's just one of Kracko's attacks from Dragon Ball Z Kirby Fighters Z.

He spits out a bunch of junk from inside him, and during that attack random keychains from the game will hit the screen for a second. I posted it before I realized that originally, but yeah, Bandana Dee on there is just a coincidence.

OTHER than that, you know what I just realized?

You know how we've been worried that Marth would have a similar playstyle to Bandana Dee considering the whole "focuses on the tip of the blade" thing?

Well, that's moot, because Bandana Dee throws his weapon. Can use multiple ones at one time. And flies with it. Can Marth do that? No. So it's still a unique concept! :laugh:

D

Deleted member

I hate to burst your bubble, but that's just one of Kracko's attacks from Dragon Ball Z Kirby Fighters Z.

He spits out a bunch of junk from inside him, and during that attack random keychains from the game will hit the screen for a second. I posted it before I realized that originally, but yeah, Bandana Dee on there is just a coincidence.

You know how we've been worried that Marth would have a similar playstyle to Bandana Dee considering the whole "focuses on the tip of the blade" thing?

Well, that's moot, because Bandana Dee throws his weapon. Can use multiple ones at one time. And flies with it. Can Marth do that? No. So it's still a unique concept! :laugh:
Thats exactly my point. Why in the name of Bandana Waddle Deesus would that attack using keychains from you're repitoire feature Master Hand (smash bros), Meta Knight (smash vet not revealed), Kracko (possible unrevealed boss), and Bandana Dee (possible unrevealed newcomer). Why was that even shown off in the trailer? In the section for Kirby Fighters Z, the one that is clearly a Smash Bros rip but with Kirby abilities! And we know that this is the franchise that associates itself with smash more than any other because of Sakurai working there earlier in his career, Master Hand as an enemy in one game, and a Smash Bros. copy ability chamber for Kirby in Dream Collection! It makes too much sense! bandana dee 100% confirmed! HYPE= ENGAGE! :awesome:

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801

I think they'll at least use something like the tipping mechanic for him for all of the moves that involve him holding a spear and possibly throwing it, I can still see a way to incorporate they could incorporate a sweetspot at the tip of the blade. I think either way, they'll have a unique moveset for Bandana Dee if he gets in, Sakurai always has a special flair with these movesets, he'll bring in the unexpected and put it where it fits and think of a concept that we never thought of or we thought wouldn't work.

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
I'm not sure if the key chains are completely randomized. These two videos have the same exact 4 keychains in a different order.
(At 4:40 in hammer and 5:10 in archer)
KRACKO HYPE

Last edited:

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice
The top of that image=playable characters. The bottom=bosses. The left side=veterans to smash. The right side=newcomers to smash. :cool:
I ...........think I have seen this theory before.........
Thats exactly my point. Why in the name of Bandana Waddle Deesus would that random attack using keychains from you're repitoire feature Master Hand (smash bros), Meta Knight (smash vet not revealed), Kracko (possible unrevealed boss), and Bandana Dee (possible unrevealed newcomer). Why was that even shown off in the trailer? In the section for Kirby Fighters Z, the one that is clearly a Smash Bros rip but with Kirby abilities! And we know that this is the franchise that associates itself with smash more than any other because of Sakurai working there earlier in his career, Master Hand as an enemy in one game, and a Smash Bros. copy ability chamber for Kirby in Dream Collection! It makes too much sense! bandana dee 100% confirmed! HYPE= ENGAGE! :awesome:
Yeah..........that is odd. I would not believe this if not for MASTER HAND! Why else would he be just.......there???? Unless other random characters not from Kirby appear then this is as genius as the Palutena statue thing or the in the air Ridley boss or not thing from the direct. I really do hope Bandana Dee is announced before my summer ends. I don't want to miss 8 hours of what goes on here.

Tyfly55

Smash Rookie
i would be one of the most happest people on earth if this guy was in SSB4

Last edited:

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
I like the idea of him coming down with a parasol. It would help get across that he can fight with both weapons.

Top Bottom