• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
I ...........think I have seen this theory before.........
Could you do me a solid and explain that theory in a little more detail then? I have never heard this theory before.

Also my mother-was-an-english-teacher side is kicking in, and I have to tell you that there is only three dots in a pause. No more, no less.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I ...........think I have seen this theory before.........

Yeah..........that is odd. I would not believe this if not for MASTER HAND! Why else would he be just.......there???? Unless other random characters not from Kirby appear then this is as genius as the Palutena statue thing or the in the air Ridley boss or not thing from the direct. I really do hope Bandana Dee is announced before my summer ends. I don't want to miss 8 hours of what goes on here.
Master Hand is a Kirby character technically. His moves and idea are based on the Great Cave Offensive boss in Kirby Super Star and Master Hand later appears as a boss in Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. Sucking him up gives you the moveset from Melee. It's probably why his keychain appears in Kirby Fighters Z.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
yea ur right maybe in his custom moves he can use his parsel instead of the spearcopter

thanks
Welcome to the site friend! Just one thing, please be careful not to double post, use the edit feature instead if you have something new to say but no ones posted. Great to have another Bandana Dee fan here though ^~^

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice
Could you do me a solid and explain that theory in a little more detail then? I have never heard this theory before.

Also my mother-was-an-english-teacher side is kicking in, and I have to tell you that there is only three dots in a pause. No more, no less.
Yeah, sorry, just a habit. The theory, to my knowlage, is that at the time when this was seen, it had four characters. The theory is that Bandana Dee will be playable and Kracko may be a boss as they appear next to Meta knight, a vet, and Master Hand, a boss since the first smash, means they all will appear in smash.
Master Hand is a Kirby character technically. His moves and idea are based on the Great Cave Offensive boss in Kirby Super Star and Master Hand later appears as a boss in Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. Sucking him up gives you the moveset from Melee. It's probably why his keychain appears in Kirby Fighters Z.
Really? Interesting. That could be the reason, but who knows? Mabye Sakurai will troll everybody again with stuff like this.

Last edited:

Tyfly55

Smash Rookie
Welcome to the site friend! Just one thing, please be careful not to double post, use the edit feature instead if you have something new to say but no ones posted. Great to have another Bandana Dee fan here though ^~^
ok thanks i think i understand lol :)

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Yeah, sorry, just a habit. The theory, to my knowlage, is that at the time when this was seen, it had four characters. The theory is that Bandana Dee will be playable and Kracko may be a boss as they appear next to Meta knight, a vet, and Master Hand, a boss since the first smash, means they all will appear in smash.

Really? Interesting. That could be the reason, but who knows? Mabye Sakurai will troll everybody again with stuff like this.
Maybe except Sakurai has nothing to do with modern Kirby games like Kirby Fighter Z. So not sure that seeing Master Hand keychain will indicate much other than the HAL staff paying tribute to the boss character in Amazing Mirror and Smash back when they used to work with Sakurai on it.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Is just a theory folks, nothing is true even if is conffirmed xD

MH first appeared in kirbys dreamland game over btw, wham bam rock is a loser :p

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Is just a theory folks, nothing is true even if is conffirmed xD

MH first appeared in kirbys dreamland game over btw, wham bam rock is a loser.
HAHA oh the continue hand icon? LOL... maybe.

In that case, Adventure as well haha.

Here's Master Hand and Crazy Hand. By this time Sakurai was leaving HAL and isn't directing Kirby any longer but did over see some of the development in Kirby and the Amazing Mirror.

Considering that all his games seem to have the hand icon in the game over screen than maybe there is a connection with that icon and master hand.

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I've always been a huge Kirby fan pretty much ever since I got into video games. I was ecstatic about the inclusion of MK and D3 in Brawl, but honestly I thought they completed who ought to represent the Kirby franchise.

When I first saw all of this support I really just thought of Waddle Dee as an "after-thought" character sort of like Daisy or Waluigi. Regrettably, I haven't actually played a game where his spear incarnation was a main star, and this is probably mostly why my desire for him is small. Another thing that puts me off is that this whole spear wielding thing seems kind of plain for a Kirby character. Yes, we currently have 3 characters that exclusively use a sword and one that only punches, but I think these move-sets are more appropriate for the respective franchises they belong to. Kirby characters possess a plethora of special powers and abilities, and, frankly, Bandanna Dee just kind of seems boring in comparison.

All of that being said, I'm not necessarily AGAINST his conclusion. I like his design, and Waddle Dees are pretty loveable to me. I'd really be fine with him being added, but I want him to bring something interesting to the table. Given how Sakurai and co have handled the newcomers so far I believe that it is more than possible they could make him special. This is especially why I favor the move-sets that have him using parasols and beams which I think would make playing him a lot of fun. We'll just have to see won't we?

IronFish

Smash Ace
I've always been a huge Kirby fan pretty much ever since I got into video games. I was ecstatic about the inclusion of MK and D3 in Brawl, but honestly I thought they completed who ought to represent the Kirby franchise.

When I first saw all of this support I really just thought of Waddle Dee as an "after-thought" character sort of like Daisy or Waluigi. Regrettably, I haven't actually played a game where his spear incarnation was a main star, and this is probably mostly why my desire for him is small. Another thing that puts me off is that this whole spear wielding thing seems kind of plain for a Kirby character. Yes, we currently have 3 characters that exclusively use a sword and one that only punches, but I think these move-sets are more appropriate for the respective franchises they belong to. Kirby characters possess a plethora of special powers and abilities, and, frankly, Bandanna Dee just kind of seems boring in comparison.

All of that being said, I'm not necessarily AGAINST his conclusion. I like his design, and Waddle Dees are pretty loveable to me. I'd really be fine with him being added, but I want him to bring something interesting to the table. Given how Sakurai and co have handled the newcomers so far I believe that it is more than possible they could make him special. This is especially why I favor the move-sets that have him using parasols and beams which I think would make playing him a lot of fun. We'll just have to see won't we?
Why not both Parasols and Spear?

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice

Why not both Parasols and Spear?
Both the parsol and spear work and could make a pretty unique play style. Still, I just don't see lasers being used. That just feels a bit much for him. Mabye I just have a diffrent mindset, who knows?

D

Deleted member

Obviously he'd be a summon character, using the Big Gay Dance to get his Waddle Dee helpers to fight for him like Luma. :awesome:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
That's what I meant actually. For him to have all three. I picture him briefly having the eye of Waddle Doo when shooting beams as well.
Having his spear would be his core characteristics, as it is his prime weapon - just like Meta Knight uses a sword, and Dedede uses a hammer.

I think the idea of him using a parasol could work, but really only for his entrance animation and maybe shield attacks.

But as for becoming a Waddle Doo, I don't think that would work. You see, most people tend to think of Bandana Dee as a regular Waddle Dee, that is just as generic as others, but he is not. He is his own character, with his own characteristics. Being a Doo is not one of them, though, and it would take away from his character himself and it might make others think he is generic, and not his own character, which would not be good.

Using just a spear like he did in Return to Dreamland would work perfectly fine in my eyes, and it would be an easy moveset to create. You might say it's "kind of plain" but the guy we're talking about here also was able to make :4littlemac:, a character who only punches be unique. I'm sure he would be able to do the same with Bandana Dee, no? But I highly recommend you play Return to Dreamland, where he was one of the playable characters. Or at the very least, use the spear Kirby ability, and I think you'll see where we're coming from. (And read the OP if you have not already)

Tyfly55

Smash Rookie
idk if anyone elsr put this but what if he can mulit jump but he doesnt go that high that would be awesome for combos plus he does that in kirby returns to dreamland i think he should have the most jumps but you hardly go anywhere oh last thing i cant wait to see if bandana dee is in to fight seeing four of him fight each other would be amazing :D

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Having his spear would be his core characteristics, as it is his prime weapon - just like Meta Knight uses a sword, and Dedede uses a hammer.

I think the idea of him using a parasol could work, but really only for his entrance animation and maybe shield attacks.

But as for becoming a Waddle Doo, I don't think that would work. You see, most people tend to think of Bandana Dee as a regular Waddle Dee, that is just as generic as others, but he is not. He is his own character, with his own characteristics. Being a Doo is not one of them, though, and it would take away from his character himself and it might make others think he is generic, and not his own character, which would not be good.

Using just a spear like he did in Return to Dreamland would work perfectly fine in my eyes, and it would be an easy moveset to create. You might say it's "kind of plain" but the guy we're talking about here also was able to make :4littlemac:, a character who only punches be unique. I'm sure he would be able to do the same with Bandana Dee, no? But I highly recommend you play Return to Dreamland, where he was one of the playable characters. Or at the very least, use the spear Kirby ability, and I think you'll see where we're coming from. (And read the OP if you have not already)
Bandana Waddle Dee turning into a Waddle Doo makes no sense either. They're two different species of creatures. (the later being implied as a Dee infected by Dark Matter though it's unclear if this is a canon characteristic of the species)

I agree that in order to make Bandana Waddle Dee unique it IS important to give him a trademark weapon and further establish his identity. Having him be a random culmination of Kirby enemy things is sort of just adding to problem people have with seeing him as an individual character. Especially so many of these people who haven't played the recent Kirby games. They only know Waddle Dee as a species and are unfamiliar with the fact that Bandana Dee is a specific character with a role in the game. He is a spear captain and that's part of his uniqueness amongst other Waddle Dee. He is in a position of power and it also indicates that he is much more powerful than normal waddle dee and trained/experienced. So his spear HAS to play a vital role in his moveset. His weapon is unique compared to the roster and would give him nice distance.

If quirky character details are the concern perhaps it can just be added in a few of his moves or even his movement. Dedede himself mostly uses his hammer or body. These are trademark parts of his identity and attacks. They don't need to suddenly have to borrow from other random things in the franchise. Still they impart a nice unique and enjoyable persona via his movement and expressions. The way he seems to lie on his side when you press 'down' and his facial reactions. I don't doubt the team could manage make Bandana Dee fit in with a feel and personality.

Also I figured I'd share this video from Youtube of a Bandana Waddle Dee Arena Run. It can let newcomers or those unfamiliar see more of his moves. There are moves that the Smash team already can work with and elaborate on.

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace

Well, there are multiple things one can do. Add Parasol/Beam moves, throw in some Fighter/Suplex, add kicking, and bam. Unique, adorable, loveable character. Perfect for Smash. And I'm sure there are many things I haven't thought of off the top of my head.

You know what? I like you.
Bandana Waddle Dee turning into a Waddle Doo makes no sense either. They're two different species of creatures. (the later being implied as a Dee infected by Dark Matter though it's unclear if this is a canon characteristic of the species)

I agree that in order to make Bandana Waddle Dee unique it IS important to give him a trademark weapon and further establish his identity. Having him be a random culmination of Kirby enemy things is sort of just adding to problem people have with seeing him as an individual character. Especially so many of these people who haven't played the recent Kirby games. They only know Waddle Dee as a species and are unfamiliar with the fact that Bandana Dee is a specific character with a role in the game. He is a spear captain and that's part of his uniqueness amongst other Waddle Dee. He is in a position of power and it also indicates that he is much more powerful than normal waddle dee and trained/experienced. So his spear HAS to play a vital role in his moveset. His weapon is unique compared to the roster and would give him nice distance.

If quirky character details are the concern perhaps it can just be added in a few of his moves or even his movement. Dedede himself mostly uses his hammer or body. These are trademark parts of his identity and attacks. They don't need to suddenly have to borrow from other random things in the franchise. Still they impart a nice unique and enjoyable persona via his movement and expressions. The way he seems to lie on his side when you press 'down' and his facial reactions. I don't doubt the team could manage make Bandana Dee fit in with a feel and personality they could help convey in his moveset and movements.

Also I figured I'd share this video from Youtube of a Bandana Waddle Dee Arena Run. It can let newcomers or those unfamiliar see more of his moves. There are moves that the Smash team already can work with and elaborate on.

Personally I feel my basic moveset is the best choice. Not out of ego or selfishness, mind you, but just because of reasons like that. The only things I took from "generic Enemies" for it were the kick moves, but that was also only because of Bandana's Arena description that clearly states "when the Bandana-wearer kicks..." I also took the grab throws from Fighter Kirby because I felt that they were cool and good enough to be in Smash.

Hasn't anyone noticed how Kirby's moves are all based on something from his home series? Final Cutter from the Cutter ability, the Hammer from the Hammer ability, multiple fighting moves based on Fighter Kirby's martial arts prowess, the forward, back, and down throws from Suplex Kirby and the up throw from Ninja Kirby. While it is true that some of the moves were made just for Smash, they eventually all made it into the movesets of Kirby abilities. The neutral aerial attack is the only Smash exclusive move for Kirby.

.....Aaaaaaaand I just realized that Bandana Dee's Triple Spear Rain is not available to Spear Kirby in Triple Deluxe. This means that this move is completely unique and special to Bandana Dee and was only given to Spear Kirby in RtDL for balancing reasons. Bandana Dee confirmed! :awesome:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If quirky character details are the concern perhaps it can just be added in a few of his moves or even his movement. Dedede himself mostly uses his hammer or body. These are trademark parts of his identity and attacks. They don't need to suddenly have to borrow from other random things in the franchise. Still they impart a nice unique and enjoyable persona via his movement and expressions. The way he seems to lie on his side when you press 'down' and his facial reactions. I don't doubt the team could manage make Bandana Dee fit in with a feel and personality they could help convey in his moveset and movements.

This is exactly why I think that Bandana Dee should only use a spear. The spear would be unique in itself just because of how it is used and its natural attributes work. I made a moveset a while back with random Waddle Dee elements, and it feels wrong, even though it represents his species extremely well. I felt like I was straw grasping instead of going with the flow. And when people suggest using the parasol, I fail to see why it makes any sense. Bandana Dee doesn't use a parasol! If we wanted a parasol user, we'd ask for a Peach revamp (that might be in the works now that I think of it, seeing as she got new moves, "Nothing is final", and the fact that she hasn't been in a demo…) Honestly it bugs me for some reason, especially after making that moveset, and when I made another one, I loved it for how well it represented his character, not his species.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
This is exactly why I think that Bandana Dee should only use a spear. The spear would be unique in itself just because of how it is used and its natural attributes work. I made a moveset a while back with random Waddle Dee elements, and it feels wrong, even though it represents his species extremely well. I felt like I was straw grasping instead of going with the flow. And when people suggest using the parasol, I fail to see why it makes any sense. Bandana Dee doesn't use a parasol! If we wanted a parasol user, we'd ask for a Peach revamp (that might be in the works now that I think of it, seeing as she got new moves, "Nothing is final", and the fact that she hasn't been in a demo…) Honestly it bugs me for some reason, especially after making that moveset, and when I made another one, I loved it for how well it represented his character, not his species.
I think in an effort to make him a unique character people are really just grasping as general waddle dee characteristics and ironically adding to the problem of uniqueness in regards to his species.

I mean if he's anything like the Waddle Dee troops in Revenge of the King he may know how to use a parasol as well but considering it's the spear that's his main weapon in RtDL and the fact the design of his spear AND his position indicate he's a Spear wielding pro. That's officially part of his profile and an important characteristic of his.

I don't mind if they added related things to his moveset like Mega punches, parasol shield, or star blocks but at the end of it all, conveying he's the spear captain will have to come through. That position is just one of the things that make him stand out from general Waddle Dee.

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
That's what I meant actually. For him to have all three. I picture him briefly having the eye of Waddle Doo when shooting beams as well.

Both the parsol and spear work and could make a pretty unique play style. Still, I just don't see lasers being used. That just feels a bit much for him. Mabye I just have a diffrent mindset, who knows?
There's a reason I/some others suggested the Beam Kirby Scepter in my/their moveset(s) -_-'

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Well, there are multiple things one can do. Add Parasol/Beam moves, throw in some Fighter/Suplex, add kicking, and bam. Unique, adorable, loveable character. Perfect for Smash. And I'm sure there are many things I haven't thought of off the top of my head.

You know what? I like you.

Personally I feel my basic moveset is the best choice. Not out of ego or selfishness, mind you, but just because of reasons like that. The only things I took from "generic Enemies" for it were the kick moves, but that was also only because of Bandana's Arena description that clearly states "when the Bandana-wearer kicks..." I also took the grab throws from Fighter Kirby because I felt that they were cool and good enough to be in Smash.

Hasn't anyone noticed how Kirby's moves are all based on something from his home series? Final Cutter from the Cutter ability, the Hammer from the Hammer ability, multiple fighting moves based on Fighter Kirby's martial arts prowess, the forward, back, and down throws from Suplex Kirby and the up throw from Ninja Kirby. While it is true that some of the moves were made just for Smash, they eventually all made it into the movesets of Kirby abilities. The neutral aerial attack is the only Smash exclusive move for Kirby.

.....Aaaaaaaand I just realized that Bandana Dee's Triple Spear Rain is not available to Spear Kirby in Triple Deluxe. This means that this move is completely unique and special to Bandana Dee and was only given to Spear Kirby in RtDL for balancing reasons. Bandana Dee confirmed! :awesome:
I can understand Kirby having a much more diverse moveset than Bandana Dee in terms of the different powers because he can consume them and is the major icon of that ability and versatility. I think that needs to remain the most unique for Kirby. I think instead Bandana Dee should probably be treated like King Dedede and Metaknight where their main weapons are a big part of their moveset and maybe other moves can make up a few of the attacks. I can see a mega punch being canon because of Megaton Punch, I can even let the parasol fly because it's a weapon brandished by the troops. Maybe as a shield, alternative recovery, part of a grag attack, sure whatever. I think items trademark of the world and game modes he appears in can work too like canons and star blocks. However the Spear is central.

Things like beams and ninja moves seem uncharacteristic, imo.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
You guys understand that just wielding a weapon doesn't make a character any more or less unique? It's how that weapon is implemented in their moveset. Bandana Dee isn't just going to pull out Sir Kibble from his butt and start throwing blades around, or pull out Bugzy and have him go eat people. Bandana Dee would be one of the most unique weapon wielders in terms of play-style, because spacing is even more important than Marth. While I won't go back and re-instate everything I've said in this thread, Bandana Dee offers tight hitboxes yet more range, with spacing being put into his game-plan due to the tip of the spear obviously doing more damage. Bandana Dee can only use weapons that Waddle Dee's have used previously, which essentially is a spear or parasol, as you're not going to be taking Kirby's Epic Yarn powers, such as throwing snowballs or launching missiles, as they would be made of yarn... which wouldn't work. He also won't be riding minecarts like Wario's bike, or tethering to the ledge with a rope, as it wouldn't make much sense.

Also, Waddle Dee's have been seen in Revenge of The King wielding both a spear and a parasol at the same time, falling down with their parasol then using the spear to attack, so Bandana Dee using a parasol to fight alongside his spear would work, and I'm sure that his entry animation will be floating down with his parasol. Also, in terms of Bandana Dee alts, you're most likely not going to see Halcandra Dee and such as it changes the hitboxes for Bandana Dee a little. His ninja costume, however, would work pretty well.

Oh, also, unless you're really not paying attention, pretty much every move that Kirby uses in Super Smash Bros. is derived from one of his copy abilities. Kirby's customized moves are also most likely going to be different copy abilities, as one of Inhale's customization is using Ice Breath.

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
@ Aunt Jemima Aunt Jemima
I agree with most everything you said, the points about Bandana's gameplay where moves should derive from especially. Thank you for being a voice of reason!

I was just gonna say, in terms of alts, as long as the hitboxes are kept the same, things like Halcandra Dee and Sailor Dee would work fine as alternate costumes. Pink Suit Mac should be a testament to that. Halcandra especially in that it could probably work as an alternate texture without needing another costume outright. A Sailor Dee probably wouldn't have a hat as poofy as it normally is, but the point being it's possible to make it work.

Last edited:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
I think in an effort to make him a unique character people are really just grasping as general waddle dee characteristics and ironically adding to the problem of uniqueness in regards to his species.

I mean if he's anything like the Waddle Dee troops in Revenge of the King he may know how to use a parasol as well but considering it's the spear that's his main weapon in RtDL and the fact the design of his spear AND his position indicate he's a Spear wielding pro. That's officially part of his profile and an important characteristic of his.

I don't mind if they added related things to his moveset like Mega punches, parasol shield, or star blocks but at the end of it all, conveying he's the spear captain will have to come through. That position is just one of the things that make him stand out from general Waddle Dee.
For the sake of not having disbelief that he isn't his own character from others who aren't necessarily big into the Kirby series, I think he should stick to one unique trait. If he starts doing things that other Waddle Dees do, then it makes people more likely to say "See? He's just like the generic enemy." But he is his own character who has his own abilities

I think most of his moveset should consist of his spear attacks. The way he uses it and the way it's implemented makes it a unique weapon, with not too much repetitiveness. The only other move he can use aside from spears is the Megaton Punch, which is something we have seen Bandana Dee do. Unlike Parasol.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
@ Aunt Jemima Aunt Jemima
I agree with most everything you said, the points about Bandana's gameplay where moves should derive from especially. Thank you for being a voice of reason!

I was just gonna say, in terms of alts, as long as the hitboxes are kept the same, things like Halcandra Dee and Sailor Dee would work fine as alternate costumes. Pink Suit Mac should be a testament to that. Halcandra especially in that it could probably work as an alternate texture without needing another costume outright. A Sailor Dee probably wouldn't have a hat as poofy as it normally is, but the point being it's possible to make it work.
I'm not sure that Halcandra Dee would be an alternate costume. The thing with Little Mac and his Track Suit is that they're both still Little Mac. I really don't think alternatives will be THAT different from the original character. At least they don't appear to be so far from the ones revealed. The alternative costumes they've revealed for Samus and Mario a while back are still Samus and Mario. I imagine an alternative for the Kirby characters would be their mirror versions. Not sure what Bandana Waddle Dee will have but not sure if it would be a Halcandra Dee since it's not even close to being related to Bandana Wadddle Dee.

For the sake of not having disbelief that he isn't his own character from others who aren't necessarily big into the Kirby series, I think he should stick to one unique trait. If he starts doing things that other Waddle Dees do, then it makes people more likely to say "See? He's just like the generic enemy." But he is his own character who has his own abilities

I think most of his moveset should consist of his spear attacks. The way he uses it and the way it's implemented makes it a unique weapon, with not too much repetitiveness. The only other move he can use aside from spears is the Megaton Punch, which is something we have seen Bandana Dee do. Unlike Parasol.
For the most part I agree. I think the Spear has to make up his moveset and I really don't think that will deny him from being a unique fighter. Marth being a sword user doesn't suddenly make him lacking in playstyle to the rest of the cast. Same for Little mac who will be mostly punching or Link who will have a lot of projectiles. They're trademark qualities for those characters and represent them well. Having something unique to that character is actually what will make them stand out and the player quickly decipher if it's a playstyle they'll be interested in. There's also a bit of misunderstanding in regards to him being just a waddle dee vs Bandana Waddle Dee amongst those familiar with the games.

Last edited:

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
Aw so lonely in that little block.
Dear Bandana Dee,

don't worry, things are still looking good, there's time left.

Though, please be teased/revealed next week, I can't stand the wait anymore and I want you to be revealed before I start school, which is soon.

Please understand that the hype is real and that there's countless people rooting for you everyday that are constantly checking the internet for your reveal.

I hope this encourages you and remember, King Dedede needs his second in command, he can't do everything by himself.

Sincerely,

Banana Waffle Deed.

He's not lonely anymore

Last edited:

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339

Oh cool. I finally get to see his moves. If Sakurai actually pays attention to this character, I think BWD has a good chance.

Also Landia apparently uses Elwind. Guess it learned some tricks from Robin. :kirby:

I really should buy the game.

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice

I agree with this. Mabye one or two custom moves will give us more but otherwise I think it will mostly be the spear.
Dear Bandana Dee,

don't worry, things are still looking good, there's time left.

Though, please be teased/revealed next week, I can't stand the wait anymore and I want you to be revealed before I start school, which is soon.

Please understand that the hype is real and that there's countless people rooting for you everyday that are constantly checking the internet for your reveal.

I hope this encourages you and remember, King Dedede needs his second in command, he can't do everything by himself.

Sincerely,

Banana Waffle Deed.

He's not lonely anymore
Agreed, the wait is killing me. Then again, that will make the wait until the game is released worse!

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
AAAAARRGGGGHHH I'm so frustrated on waiting on the general direct.....(btw a smash tournament goer came by my work andbought some drinks)

D

Deleted member

The detractors always say this "Its just a Waddle Dee with a bandana and a spear. Who cares? :rolleyes:"
"Mario's just a plumber with a hat and overalls. Who cares? :rolleyes:"
Detractors proceed to say things about Mario's character and uniqueness/face of Nintendo.
Response: "So can the Waddle Dee with a bandana and a spear have anything else that sets it apart?"
*Crickets*

IronFish

Smash Ace
The detractors always say this "Its just a Waddle Dee with a bandana and a spear. Who cares? :rolleyes:"
"Mario's just a plumber with a hat and overalls. Who cares? :rolleyes:"
Detractors proceed to say things about Mario's character and uniqueness/face of Nintendo.
Response: "So can the Waddle Dee with a bandana and a spear have anything else that sets it apart?"
*Crickets*
"Mario is just a generic plumber with a hat, if he gets included in smash, then that means any generic plumber can get in the game"

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
I hope to just get a direct soon.

I've watched the current trailer enough times and have finally started to get bored of it. I need a new one to watch over, and over, and over, and over again.

Plus I really hope it's Bandana Dee.......

edsett

Smash Apprentice
I hope that we get some more information about Rainbow Curse soon. Or a Nintendo direct...

Found this on Miiverse.

IronFish

Smash Ace
Also watching that video gave me an idea that the "grand doomer" theme could play at the beginning of Bandana Dee's trailer, where the other three Kirby reps are in trouble and Bandana Dee helps them out, then the song would go to something else while it shows BD's gameplay.

Top Bottom