• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I'm happy that Kirby's Final Smash is the Ultra Sword.
If it were Cook Kirby again, I would think that Sakurai is just adding old Kirby content to the game.
And that would be pretty bad for Bandana Dee's chances.

IronFish

Smash Ace
I'm happy that Kirby's Final Smash is the Ultra Sword.
If it were Cook Kirby again, I would think that Sakurai is just adding old Kirby content to the game.
And that would be pretty bad for Bandana Dee's chances.
I means he knows of BD existence at least, because he had to of played the game... I really had not thought of this before! it means he could of been like "Oh this Waddle Dee I put in that one mini-game is really cool, he would be cool in smash" IMO I think he is all but confirmed now.

Servine

Smash Cadet
Bandana Dee detractors convention.

It's funny because the episode must've been satirizing a serious issue at the time.

Anyway, that Nightmare assist trophy looks awesome, but it also eases some worries. It seems like most series are getting 2 or more assist trophies this time around, and only having one Kirby assist trophy in Knuckle Joe was making me worry.

IronFish

Smash Ace
I think ti's plausible that we could get a BD reveal this month, then next month before the games release in Japan get a Shulk or Ridley or whatever reveal to build up hype for the game, but at this point I just really can't see BD not happening.

Gooper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
At this point I really really really hope that BD gets in more than I did before. The closer it gets to release the more anxious I am about new villains making it into the game. BD, Ridley, and K Rool are pretty much the triumvirate of newcomer villains. If they dont all make it in I will be quite cross. After Kamek being deconfirmed I have been clinging to the hope that BD Ridley and K Rool will make it on so my Villain dream will come true

IronFish

Smash Ace
At this point I really really really hope that BD gets in more than I did before. The closer it gets to release the more anxious I am about new villains making it into the game. BD, Ridley, and K Rool are pretty much the triumvirate of newcomer villains. If they dont all make it in I will be quite cross. After Kamek being deconfirmed I have been clinging to the hope that BD Ridley and K Rool will make it on so my Villain dream will come true
BD? A villain? Well guess he could be a villain if you think about it, but more often his is at most a rival to Kirby, if not a flat out helper.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Oh yeah baby.
OH........................MY....................GAAAAAWWWWWWWWWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!! NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE'S BAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
gotta say, nightmare sure looks the best out of all the AT's we've seen so far, hopefully this means sakurai is still bias towards kirby =P since we havnt seen much kirby stuff

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
gotta say, nightmare sure looks the best out of all the AT's we've seen so far, hopefully this means sakurai is still bias towards kirby =P since we havnt seen much kirby stuff
But

But

But

Did you see how awesome the graphics popped out for Pong? Those graphics were stellar! Totally popped out, amazing color scheme, great job sakurai!

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
Wow Nightmare is amazing.
Maybe the customer service is also an AT and he randomly spawns kirby enemys. :troll:

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
I think BDee suddenly got a higher chance
Every kirby assist trophy strengthens our power

soon, we will rule all WE WILL TAKE OVER THE WORLD, MAKE EVERYBODY WEAR BANDANA'S AND PRAY TO BANDANA DEE EVERY MORNING MID-DAY AND EVENING AHAHAHHAHAHAHA

or...bd will just be in the game and we'll have a fun time, thats option B

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Well, I stand corrected. It looks like BD does have a lot for him.

Also, I made this in my free time. I was making signatures and thought "why not BD? He's one of my most wanted."

[collapse= Hey! Listen!]
[/collapse]

It's kinda simple but extracting at the same time, you know?

in fact it's very simple...

D

Deleted member

Who else got excited over seeing Nightmare? :p
I'm glad that we are finally seeing some brand new Kirby content! Seeing the lack of it annoyed me greatly!

In regards to Bandana Dee's chances, I still find them to be where they are. The Nightmare Assist Trophy was neutral towards them, in my opinion.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
OMG THIS SCREENSHOT THIS MORNING IS SO AWESOME I SCREAMED! NIGHTMARE WIZARD! SO COOL! I LOVE KIRBY'S ADVENTURE ON THE NES!!! BEAUTIFUL GAME!!
SO COOOOL <3 <3

But it's so weird he's an AT and not a boss stage hazard or something. Does that mean we'll still get another boss stage for the Kirby series? Does this mean Bandana Dee has a better chance? He won't be relegated to AT now it seems unless there are more AT on the way we won't all see. I doubt he will be one though. So if that's the case it does help him seem more viable as a new character!

Bingoshi

Smash Apprentice
Ah, so Nightmare is an assist trophy. Very cool, he looks awesome. I know I'm going to feel awesome if he shows up and I happen to be holding the Star Rod. I do believe this helps Bandana's chances. I don't think he can be an assist trophy anymore, Kirby already has two. I don't think any franchise has more than two assist trophies (I could be wrong, of course. I don't feel like checking). Couple that with the mysteriously missing Kirby stage, and I think we have a Kirby themed announcement on the way (possibly). Indeed, the hype is getting real.

nm_by_chtkghk.png

This picture seems fitting for todays announcement. It's by a fellow named "chtkghk", by the way. Well, here's hoping for the Bandana wearing warrior's Smash debut.

LF2K

Floor Diver
When I first saw today's pic, I mistook Nightmare as Wizeman. I was like "They're adding NiGHTS?!" :p

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I gonna say but...

Kid Icarus and Kirby character veterans are having more work on than other characters from other series, Is like they change a lot of stuff and add more.... and Kirby now have the biggest assist trophies Right now. But I think this will raised Waddle dee Chance to appear in Smash!

D

Deleted member

We have Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede in one picture. When Sonic was revealed, him, Megaman, and Mario were in a picture together. But Pacman joined to make 4! Kirby is missing 1 character… Bandana Dee confirmed! :troll:

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
I don't think he can be an assist trophy anymore, Kirby already has two. I don't think any franchise has more than two assist trophies (I could be wrong, of course. I don't feel like checking).
Metroid has Metroid, Dark Samus and Mother Brain as Assist Trophies so Kirby could still get another AT.

LF2K

Floor Diver
I was gonna say, we're not out the woods just yet. But things certainly are looking good.

Bingoshi

Smash Apprentice
Metroid has Metroid, Dark Samus and Mother Brain as Assist Trophies so Kirby could still get another AT.
Ah, I see. As I said, I could be (and was) wrong. If Kirby were to get another assist trophy, I see it being Magolor, Marx, or Kracko (though he seems more like a stage hazard to me).

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
The days grow less, just 25 days, A new character could be revealed any day.

lets all remember how much bandana can do to get all up in this hype

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Welp, another Kirby Assist Trophy that isn't Bandana Dee! :smirk:
Things aren't looking too good for the dee-tractors.

Think of it this way: Bandana Dee is more important than Nightmare or Knuckle Joe to the Kirby series. So why would he randomly be demoted to AT?

Now, take a look at this page: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Assist_Trophy

Kirby has 2 Assist Trophies, Metroid has 3, Mario has 3, and Zelda has 3. With the exception of Kid Icarus, this means we are still liable for one more. While I don't necessarily THINK (or hope) that it will be Bandana Dee, I think it's still plausible that we will get one nonetheless. We could get Taranza, Magolor, or even Marx. Let's just hope for this best!

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
Welp, another Kirby Assist Trophy that isn't Bandana Dee! :smirk:
Things aren't looking too good for the dee-tractors.

Think of it this way: Bandana Dee is more important than Nightmare or Knuckle Joe to the Kirby series. So why would he randomly be demoted to AT?

Now, take a look at this page: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Assist_Trophy

Kirby has 2 Assist Trophies, Metroid has 3, Mario has 3, and Zelda has 3. With the exception of Kid Icarus, this means we are still liable for one more. While I don't necessarily THINK (or hope) that it will be Bandana Dee, I think it's still plausible that we will get one nonetheless. We could get Taranza, Magolor, or even Marx. Let's just hope for this best!
Marx would be an awesome assist trophy (born in the same game as BD :kirby:)

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
OH........................MY....................GAAAAAWWWWWWWWWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!! NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE'S BAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We need Zero as an AT as well, and he needs to attack players by bleeding.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
lol, i was scared and thought this game was going to be all about new and boring stuff xD
This is awesome for the retro side of ninty characters :p

Dr. Canadian Bacon

Smash Cadet
It's good to see more Kirby representation, I hope we get something big this week! And I hope that something is Bandana Waddle Dee!~

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
Can BD just be revealed already? The wait for the next character reveal is killing me, and I badly want bandana dee to be in.

LF2K

Floor Diver
The filesize for the 3DS version has been leaked. 2.1GB, that's pretty big! Alas, no BD in sight on the card.

Last edited:

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
i dont think theyd put BD on the cover or back anyway, that'd be like brawl having rob or wolf, just wouldnt look right

Top Bottom