• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
It's not off-topic, really. People were just trying to point out the flaws that GameFAQs had forged about Bandana Dee's inclusion in Smash Bros. games.
Any arguments others are making concerning whether or not Bandana Dee matters are addressed in this board's OP. If those users were truly interested in the validity of a character they'd do their own work regarding the character's qualities and relevance for the franchise. I doubt that those players care about what character matters or not. 90% chance that most of these folks are not big fans of the Kirby franchise OR have their own characters they want to see in and not focusing on those characters by suggesting others is annoying to them. Whatever. Detractors such as these aren't going to be convinced either way so don't bother with them, imo.

Last edited:

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
Why are people even concerned with gamefaqs? Who cares? Whatever. I'm just interested in talking about Bandana Dee's chances with other fans of the character. This is the only video game message board I mess with. I think everyone should just not concern themselves with other boards when discussions here concerning the character are much better. Don't concern yourselves or stray off topic
While i agree we should not "care" in that sense, i feel it is important to keep a good name for ourselves, as it should always be. Yes we are on the internet, we are anonymous in that sense, but we should not let that get the better of us. It's important to hold on the a certain level of respect.

Chandelure put a lot of work into the OP, and has brought a lot of others to come and want to support bandana dee, I'd like to set a good example for those who search for bandana dee ssb4 like i did and let them see we are a good community.

I'm somebody who plays league of legends, and trust me, i know how it is to be part of a bad community. we need to remember that if you search for bandana dee and smash bros, people will MOST likely find this thread here first. And we should set good examples and not make people think "Oh they're just that childish bunch who plans raids and hunts down non believers"

We should respect others and aim to be respected ourselves, it's okay to poke fun at users on gamefaqs, but not at gamefaqs itself, ect ect ect.

maybe i'm taking this all a bit to serious, but the fact I would like to keep our reputation in the green zone is the reason i care so much about this subject

IronFish

Smash Ace
LOL, so many people saying that BDee isn't important enough, but at least he has a more unique moveset than Toad, which is really what Sakarai is looking for.
This is why I think he is so likely, is because Sakurai has shown before Uniqueness>Popularity, and just the fact that he has a spear makes him unique.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Well, whatever. No need for any side to get their panties in a wad over this. We're just having some good natured ribbing at something that's been blown up and exaggerated. Some circles are a bit biased against BD, and maybe we've been a little too vicious.

Besides, the real fun will happen when we find out Ridley's fate. :troll:

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Well, whatever. No need for any side to get their panties in a wad over this. We're just having some good natured ribbing at something that's been blown up and exaggerated.

Besides, the real fun will happen when we find out Ridley's fate. :troll:
Not gonna lie, either way the Ridley coin lands..... I'll be there with a bag of popcorn.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I still think that the part about Bandana Dee and the Warp Star in the Kirby's Return to Dreamland's Intro is a hint or something, seriously, it makes no sense XD

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
I still think that the part about Bandana Dee and the Warp Star in the Kirby's Return to Dreamland's Intro is a hint or something, seriously, it makes no sense XD
i remember the first time i loaded up rtdl i just laughed at the pure sillyness of the situation him flying across the screen brought.

D

Deleted member

I dunno; that seems to be pushing it. SSB4 started development in 2012 and KRtDL was released in 2011; I doubt that Bandana Dee was planned before the game started development.

I think that he was considered, however. Who knows? Maybe HAL will push for his inclusion.

D

Deleted member

You are wrong, my dear chandelier. It was no hint! It was a confirmation! Look at it again:
See? He joined the Warpstar before Meta Knight! That means he has more importance than Meta Knight, even before Triple Deluxe!

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
Uniqueness beats popularity? Tell that to Greninja....
Hmm i do know greninja was popular, but i think he's only popular in the game because of his competitive edge from the starters cause of his hidden ability. least around my circles everybody was way more into the fennekin line. That and smash didn't really have a "ninja" character in that sense yet, he had a lot of potential to join in smash in that sense. So I do think he brought a lot of uniqueness to the table. with squirtle being cut the water trope was also left open.

So i do think that uniqueness is that factor here, which does bring up the chances for bandana dee.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I dunno; that seems to be pushing it. SSB4 started development in 2012 and KRtDL was released in 2011; I doubt that Bandana Dee was planned before the game started development.

I think that he was considered, however. Who knows? Maybe HAL will push for his inclusion.
It would be nice. I really don't know what HAL and Sakurai's relationship is like. I mean he kept working with them here and there but have since parted ways. It felt unclear the reasons. Sakurai had personal ideas regarding the state of gaming and games in general and wanted to help revise Nintendo IPs and commented on the lack of new ones. He complained about the immediate demand of sequels for games but has been working on Smash for awhile now so it's so odd. Perhaps the reason that Sakurai departed with HAL with regards to the Smash Series is so that HAL could concentrate on Kirby games some more. Especially when they went 10 years without a new Kirby console game. It's good to see all the games coming now from them. Sakurai directed Smash is pretty much the closest thing I'll get to him ever directed a Kirby game again (kind of). I still think his work on Super Star is brilliant and day dream of a team up again but who knows how he feels about HAL itself. I'd like to think they're still in decent terms and if they did suggest Bandana Waddle Dee, he'd maybe consider.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guys. Bandana Dee is in front of Dedede and Meta Knight! 100% confirmed now :awesome:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I have a big feeling that Bandana Dee will be playable in Rainbow Curse as well. I think a neat reveal trailer they could also do can borrow from the Rosalina trailer. HAL can have a direct video showcasing video of the new upcoming Rainbow Curse and divulge more on those Bandana Dee that appear (and are color coated as if playable) and suddenly it's also a Smash Bros reveal trailer.

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Unfortunately, I think them choosing the characters from the beginning may hurt BD's chances. There might have been enough time between Return to Dream Land and Smash's beginning, though. Smash 4 started in 2012, right?

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Unfortunately, I think them choosing the characters from the beginning may hurt BD's chances. There might have been enough time between Return to Dream Land and Smash's beginning, though. Smash 4 started in 2012, right?
I doubt they wouldn't consider characters as they develop as well. Wasn't Sonic inclusion later in Brawls' development?

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Yeah, Sonic wasn't initially on the roster. He only made it much later because of fan demand. I highly doubt they would do the same for BD. :p

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
I'm gone for two hours, to see everyone repenting to the Haters of the Bandna??? This is malarky! jk, but seriously, I hope no one took it to heart :p

(even though I wouldnt feel bad if they did)

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, if/when B.D. is confirmed to be playable in SSB4, I call dibs on declaring the following sentence: "We have waited long for this day, my brothers and sisters. Now, follow me, my comrades! To GameFAQs, we go....to mock all that defied us! and party like it's 1996/2008/2011, baby!!!!!!!!!":b::b::b::b::b::b::b:

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
Hey guys, if/when B.D. is confirmed to be playable in SSB4, I call dibs on declaring the following sentence: "We have waited long for this day, my brothers and sisters. Now, follow me, my comrades! To GameFAQs, we go....to mock all that defied us! and party like it's 1996/2008/2011, baby!!!!!!!!!":b::b::b::b::b::b::b:
When BDee is announced, I'm gonna gloat as much as I want. COuld you imagine if BDee and Ridley were confirmed on the same day??? :o

LF2K

Floor Diver
I've been browsing through some unused content from Return to Dream Land over on this site: http://tcrf.net/Kirby's_Return_to_Dream_Land. And I think I found a perfect Victory Theme for BD, the "fanfare_GCK" over in the unused music section.

Bowser and Rosalina got unique themes, so it's possible. :p

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
What would you think if Bandana Dee's name in Smash Bros (if he is playable) ends up being just Waddle Dee?
While I'll be a little mad I think it makes sense considering he is a waddle Dee and personally I think that name shows he IS the Waddle Dee instead a generic one.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
What would you think if Bandana Dee's name in Smash Bros (if he is playable) ends up being just Waddle Dee?
I would be really bothered by this honestly. He isn't just a standard waddle dee and he has a name, Bandana Waddle Dee. I doubt that they would have his name as Waddle Dee though and the other Waddle Dee in the game as Waddle Dee. It'd be odd.

LF2K

Floor Diver
I think it would either be "Waddle Dee" or "Bandana Dee". They would have to fit it somehow under his icon during a match.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
@ kirby_queen kirby_queen I saw you replied to my Comment on GameXplain's video. Some people got upset

"Bandana Dee will NEVER be more relevant than meta knight" xD this guy is crazy...
I don't really care if they're upset. It's all irrelevant. Besides Rosalina is in Smash and she has less history than other Mario characters but has seen recent importance. She was certainly interesting enough to add. I agree that Bandana Dee won't ever match the impact of Metaknight because MK has been around since Adventure on the NES but I don't think that's a argument.

Last edited:

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
Guys. Bandana Dee is in front of Dedede and Meta Knight! 100% confirmed now :awesome:
You forgot to mention that his spear's tip is mostly the same color the ultra sword and the sky is mostly the same shade of blue as Bandana Dee's bandana, that brings his chances up 1000%, he's inevitable to be in now. I've heard in fact he's so inevitable, that he's going to appear as a stage and possibly even take up another character slot even if he already has one!

Guys, if you're worried this information isn't correct, I'll tell you that Mashpotato Samurai is the best granddad ever! :troll:

I would be pretty surprised, I feel like HAL would tell Sakurai if he didn't already know. I think Sakurai's pretty acquainted with all the newcomers though if he picked all of them at the start of development, I don't think that would happen. If it were happened though, I guess I would be okay with it, as long as he's in, I'm fine with it.

D

Deleted member

That is true...
Something came to me though. Kid Icarus: Uprising was released in March 22, 2012 and Fire Emblem: Awakening was released a month later in Japan. SSB4 started development immediately after Uprising.
Sakurai mentioned that he played Awakening and he considered Robin and Chrom. This implies that the initial roster wasn't exactly planned from the beginning; Sakurai probably went through all of Awakening and said, "Robin is very unique, but Chrom isn't so much."
I expect that Sakurai and his team did some research on what characters the fans wanted, which led to inclusions like Little Mac and Mega Man.
I sense that the choices for the roster were done for a pretty long time, thus I think that there was enough time to consider Bandana Dee. The roster couldn't have been planned from the very beginning as suggested by Robin, research was done which led to fan favorites like Little Mac and Mega Man being included, and Bandana Dee has been getting some important roles. I say that he was considered at least.

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
who cares about his name? IF WE GET BANDANA DEE, WE ARE EXCITED!!!! Should we really fret over the neames??? But really, I feel there would be a contrast in names, due to not wanting confusion with smash run dees.

Top Bottom