• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
So is time to mess with other comunitys/characters for no reason at all? ... again? :rolleyes:

Toad can FREAKING WALK ON WALLS!!!! come on :p
But bandana dee still has variety, and captain toad doesn't even fight! there are always just coincidental rocks and boulders and shizz that you can use to hit the enemy. Bandana Dee could wield a spear, a parasol, and has a food motife. Bandana Dee is more unique, and is more fit for fighting.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
One thing I'm a bit worried about is Sakurai is giving all his bias to Kid Icarus, and then may say that he didn't include that much Kirby content so he didn't seem bias for his own series.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
Why are people hating??? All they said is they wanted the Bandana Dee hat xD They never said anything about him as a character...
"characters who won't be playable, like waluigi and that waddle dee bandana"
mostly the "won't be playable" part

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
But bandana dee still has variety, and captain toad doesn't even fight! there are always just coincidental rocks and boulders and shizz that you can use to hit the enemy. Bandana Dee could wield a spear, a parasol, and has a food motife. Bandana Dee is more unique, and is more fit for fighting.
Never said BD doesnt have ground for moves, just that Toad also has many stuffs for a cool moveset.
"CT could use his headlamp to blind other characters, a pickaxe and has an items motife." see? :p

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Course they mention him as a "character who won't be in the game" thing 8V
They're probably still going by their logic that he can't be in because of Waddle Dees in Smash Run.

Even if Bandana Dee hadn't fought Waddle Dees before, a no-brainer: they can just make Waddle Dees not spawn during that round when Bandana Dee is being used. :upsidedown:

Why are people hating??? All they said is they wanted the Bandana Dee hat xD They never said anything about him as a character...
I take it you haven't seen their thoughts on him in the past?

They think it's a huge stretch to add him, he has a 0% chance, and that Captain N, Nester, and a Pilotwings character have much better chances than him.

Hey Andre and Derrick, you know what else is a stretch? Judging a character's chances when it's fairly obvious you know barely anything about them.

Like I've said, if or when BD gets confirmed, I'm logging into my GameFAQS account for the first time in years just to rub it in at them. It's going to be fun. :troll:
Especially when there's these kinds of threads:

GameFAKS deserves it

The conclusion: We should be thankful Sakurai is actually educated on the characters he considers, unlike these lot of people. Especially when he worked on the Kirby series at one point (even though he didn't give Bandana Dee the role he has now), and the retweet in the OP.

Even if Bandana Dee doesn't get in (Even though I'm quite positive he will), I'm sure Sakurai will have known about his importance and give him a better role than AT, unlike some of these people..

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion
They're probably still going by their logic that he can't be in because of Waddle Dees in Smash Run.

Even if Bandana Dee hadn't fought Waddle Dees before, a no-brainer: they can just make Waddle Dees not spawn during that round when Bandana Dee is being used. :upsidedown:

They think it's a huge stretch to add him, he has a 0% chance, and that Captain N, Nester, and a Pilotwings character have much better chances than him.

Hey Andre and Derrick, you know what else is a stretch? Judging a character's chances when it's fairly obvious you know barely anything about them.

GameFAKS deserves it

The conclusion: We should be thankful Sakurai is actually educated on the characters he considers, unlike these lot of people. Especially when he worked on the Kirby series at one point (even though he didn't give Bandana Dee the role he has now), and the retweet in the OP.

Even if Bandana Dee doesn't get in (Even though I'm quite positive he will), I'm sure Sakurai will have known about his importance and give him a better role than AT, unlike some of these people..

At least the guys on that first thread point out the flaws.

Did he not learn from :rob:?

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
I'm getting upset with this smash run "evidence". ROB was an enemy in subspace, no reason Bandana Dee can't be an enemy... If you look for my post in the Recent Gamexplain video, I talked about how bandana dee could happen, but apparantly he will "never happen" "uneeded character" etc...

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl

GameFAKS deserves it

"And I am so freaking glad!! The Bandanna Dee bandwagon has finally crashed! The flames should clean your sins, sons, allow the fire to consume your soul, oh yes yes. Now that this meme is dead maybe the bandwagoner kids will finally leave the real, sophisticated Kirby fans to peacefully devout ourselves to Adeleine's beauty and glory."

He calls himself a "sophisticated Kirby fan", yet he thinks that Adeleine has a better chance than Bandana Dee?

LF2K

Floor Diver
He thinks a one-time (maybe two, if Ado and Adeleine are the same) character has a chance over a new recurring character? What a joke! The Bandana Wagon is still moving!

I guess it just isn't obvious to everyone that BD is Dedede's sidekick. Like I said, BD is the Robin to Dedede's Batman. Or Pit and Palutena. Or Mario and Luigi. :p Let's just hope it won't be the Chrom to Dedede's Robin. :troll:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
He thinks a one-time (maybe two, if Ado and Adeleine are the same) character has a chance over a new recurring character? What a joke! The Bandana Wagon is still moving!

I guess it just isn't obvious to everyone that BD is Dedede's sidekick. Like I said, BD is the Robin to Dedede's Batman. Or Pit and Palutena. Or Mario and Luigi. :p Let's just hope it won't be the Chrom to Dedede's Robin. :troll:
Well. you're right, but Bandana Dee isn't a "new recurring character". He's been in since Super Star.

LF2K

Floor Diver
I guess I should rephrase that. He's a older character that's finally getting a recurring role. :p

Come to think of it, BD's one of the few characters that's actually been recurring. Adeleine and Ribbon haven't appeared in a new game in 14 years. Gooey's been long gone. Prince Fluff only appeared once and never returned. BD's been in almost all the games lately, except Epic Yarn. And he has what seems to be a huge role in Rainbow Curse! No one can say he's in the minor leagues now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I guess I should rephrase that. He's a older character that's finally getting a recurring role. :p

Come to think of it, BD's one of the few characters that's actually been recurring. Adeleine and Ribbon haven't appeared in a new game in 14 years. Gooey's been long gone. Prince Fluff only appeared once and never returned. BD's been in almost all the games lately, except Epic Yarn. And he has what seems to be a huge role in Rainbow Curse! No one can say he's in the minor leagues now.
I love how some detractors use Rainbow Curse against him because "He wasn't generic before, but he is now since there are multiples of him!" They also completely ignore that there are multiple recolors of Kirby for multiplayer and that Bandana Dee probably has that same role. A role that is the same as the Main Character of the Franchise. And then they say "B-b-but you're wrong! B-because I say so!"

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I love how some detractors use Rainbow Curse against him because "He wasn't generic before, but he is now since there are multiples of him!" They also completely ignore that there are multiple recolors of Kirby for multiplayer and that Bandana Dee probably has that same role. A role that is the same as the Main Character of the Franchise. And then they say "B-b-but you're wrong! B-because I say so!"
Pretty much the same as the Ridley argument, maybe it was meant to be that I would support both...

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Plus, the normal Bandana Dee (orange body, blue bandana) is the most highlighted one in the image from Rainbow Curse while the rest are more in the background and aren't as prominently shown off as much as the original.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Adeleine is awesome. Kirby 64 fo life! :-P

On topic: I generally agree, the Game Xplain dudes are talking out of their asses most of the time.

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice
I'm getting upset with this smash run "evidence". ROB was an enemy in subspace, no reason Bandana Dee can't be an enemy... If you look for my post in the Recent Gamexplain video, I talked about how bandana dee could happen, but apparantly he will "never happen" "uneeded character" etc...
Not to mention Miis are the new multi mana for multi man battles, making it apply to this game too.
........................You know the sad thing? This is not the stupidest argument for something that I have seen...........Still, really? Kirby has recolors in that game too to my knowlage . Heck, in some Sonic games, he has recolors! Does that make him generic too?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Not to mention Miis are the new multi mana for multi man battles, making it apply to this game too.

........................You know the sad thing? This is not the stupidest argument for something that I have seen...........Still, really? Kirby has recolors in that game too to my knowlage . Heck, in some Sonic games, he has recolors! Does that make him generic too?
"No, because I like those characters and don't care about your opinions, you are obviously wrong because I predicted Palutena and that means I must be always right!" The most lkely response!

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice
I know this is a bit irrelevant, but I was talking to an employee at my local Gamestop, and they mentioned that there might be a DLC pre-order bonus, possibly a character.
"No, because I like those characters and don't care about your opinions, you are obviously wrong because I predicted Palutena and that means I must be always right!" The most lkely response!
Me:I predicted her too. Does that mean I must always be right too? XD

Groose

Smash Champion
Well, it looks like GameFAQs is a bit offended right now about what was said earlier in this thread. I don't want to play the mod or anything like that, but just as a reminder--we're all Smash fans. There's no reason for us to fight amongst ourselves and organize raids and the like.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Well, it looks like GameFAQs is a bit offended right now about what was said earlier in this thread. I don't want to play the mod or anything like that, but just as a reminder--we're all Smash fans. There's no reason for us to fight amongst ourselves and organize raids and the like.
Gamefaqs can be annoying sometimes, but yeah, that was a bit rude, I will say it here because I don't have an account in that site:
Sorry Gamefaqs.

Bandana Dee supporters, please don't continue with the hate, just ignore.

Thanks Groose.

D

Deleted member

Looks like they can't take a couple joke comments (I would assume that some of the users aren't that mean) without freaking out at GameFaks, and they ignore every rude thing they said about the Dee :p

Last edited by a moderator:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
"characters who won't be playable, like waluigi and that waddle dee bandana"
mostly the "won't be playable" part
How the heck can they lump BD with Waluigi and Waluigi is FOR SURE not playable because he's an assist trophy. We haven't seen **** for Bandana Dee yet. We don't know if he is playable or not x-x

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
I didnt think we were planning any "raids" or the like, i think they over-reacted a little bit with that, one or two of the users here said they'd love to rub it into their faces, but i kind of assumed it was all just smack talk cause they were sort of smack talkin the BD supporters. just talked about what they were saying and were stating our opinions on why we thought they were wrong. the likes of that.

and note they weren't exactly polite about your opinions either =V not saying i encourage the hate but if they act like they are i agree with what's stated above, they should be able to take a few joke comments and the like. I'm pretty certain we're all mature enough here to not "raid" anybody.

edit: this one gamefaq's user has it down, if you see this props to you man

IceBomb45:
"
By the way..

Raid /=/ Mock

Like I've said in the past, GameFAQS is full of biased users who dislike Bandana Dee because of various stupid reasons. You'd really deserve it. The thread even knows about it."

I really did just see this all as some not aggressively meant mocking and the like, didn't think people would get offended, but yeah, if anybody did get offended by anything i said, apologies

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I was reading some Gamefaqs and I saw a couple of nice and sophisticated posters there, so they're not all bad. And then I saw a comment that said: "People only ask for Bandana Waddle Dee for the same reasons they ask for Sceptile and Waluigi: To complete the set."

Totally not because we love the characters for who they are or anything? No, thats not possible! :glare:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I dislike the argument about "not needed". It's subjective. Not needed according to who? Were Rob and Wii Fit Trainer needed? I don't get this reasoning at all.

I stand firm in not giving a crap about gamefaqs. If Bandana Waddle Dee is CONFIRMED... that's all I'll need to be happy in the face of everyone else saying "no, (poor argument) I just don't want him in the game, PUT GOKU INSTEAD". His existence would be more than enough.

However there's no telling who will be in Smash because I really do think Sakurai can be unpredictable and a tease. I try and never get my hopes up but I still have a bit of hope.

The fact that we still have NO NEW KIRBY stage has been bugging me. He just shows off the Halberd again for MK's screenshot but we already saw the hablerd. :/ So what the heck?

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
I was reading some Gamefaqs and I saw a couple of nice and sophisticated posters there, so they're not all bad. And then I saw a comment that said: "People only ask for Bandana Waddle Dee for the same reasons they ask for Sceptile and Waluigi: To complete the set."

Totally not because we love the characters for who they are or anything? No, thats not possible! :glare:
They do got a point though, especially with what you said at the start, we should be more careful as people on what we say.

The same way we don't want to be paired with the "Childish bandana dee supporters" we should be careful not not just call all the bad users on that site "gamefaqs" cause it's not gamefaqs that are being rude and the like, it's specific users, there are good users and good guys over there just like you said.

So yeah guys, let's just be more careful with our wording and not call the rude people "Gamefaqs"
Remember that this thread is not a hivemind, and neither is gamefaqs

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
May i also point out that the OP of the specific thread mentioned is extremely condescending in how he talks about us, I dont recall us being obsessed about this character, heck he's my username and icon, but since he said he is watching this to laugh at us, I just want to point out to you kind sir, that there is a difference between hateful and obsessive comments and sharing a fun laugh about things and just playful mocking. Do i find gamexplain dumb and disagree with what they said? Absolutely! Do i still watch their videos and respect some of the things they talk about? Most certainly. Do i think they have flaws? Why yes, I do. as stated i think they are a bit to focused on mainstream things.

To any Gamefaqs users who are reading this thread, keep in mind what exactly this thread is. It's a thread about supporting a character, Bandana Dee, in this case. Obviously we are going to look for stuff to talk about, obviously we are going to find stuff that is good, and also bad for our hopes of him being in the game. And as a thread about this character, it's obvious we are going to talk about the good things, and the bad things.

I don't know what people really expected from a thread of bandana dee supporters, it's like walking into a hindu town and expecting them all the praise the lord jesus christ. Keep that in mind when watching this thread. Of course we are going to sound obsessive, of course we are going to only talk about bandana dee ever, cause this is the thread about the character. It makes sense. Of course we are going to say negative things here about those who don't agree. It makes absolute sense, but if you read the posts, we often shun those who mock other users here, like those who try to make fun of ridely supporters.but you guys on gamefaqs who are rude and use bad excuses to just be negative, as well as gamexplain and the like, we are not going over there and are saying these things to your faces. we are just here giggling to ourselves and having a bit of a laugh, at least that's how i saw it the entire time anyway. Obviously we will do such things to keep our spirits high. And I think it's to be expected, especially in a thread about this subject.

Excuse the wall of text but i felt this had to be said.

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
I guess I should pray to the almighty Waddle Dee-sus for forgiveness. :p

Like I said, I will rub it in, but in a good natured way. Perhaps I should ask the almighty Sakurai to confirm BD? Now there's someone who people really are obsessive over. Sakurai is like an idol at this point. :p

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Why are people even concerned with gamefaqs? Who cares? Whatever. I'm just interested in talking about Bandana Dee's chances with other fans of the character. This is the only video game message board I mess with. I think everyone should just not concern themselves with other boards when discussions here concerning the character are much better. Don't concern yourselves or stray off topic

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
inb4 they reveal a new comer as "DeDeDe's assistant" and it turns out to be escargoon

But I have high hopes for bandana waddle dee. I'd play him.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Why are people even concerned with gamefaqs? Who cares? Whatever. I'm just interested in talking about Bandana Dee's chances with other fans of the character. This is the only video game message board I mess with. I think everyone should just not concern themselves with other boards when discussions here concerning the character are much better. Don't concern yourselves or stray off topic
It's not off-topic, really. People were just trying to point out the flaws that GameFAQs had forged about Bandana Dee's inclusion in Smash Bros. games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom