• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Is this 'Sakurai's wife' stuff based on Boo's inspiration in the Mario games?
Well, I suggested this because Sakurai himself is (most likely) reprising his role as King DDD, so why not have his wife voice B.D.? He already works with King DDD very closely. It'd be pretty hilarious!

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
It doesn't seem like we'll get another direct any time soon huh? I feel like it would have been announced already if we were. I dunno.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I don't know...I don't think Sailor Dee would be an alt costume, I'm not sure if he can use a spear or fight with something XD
Also, he would play different from Bandana Dee, that means that Sailor Dee would have his own slot, just like Lucina :awesome:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I don't know...I don't think Sailor Dee would be an alt costume, I'm not sure if he can use a spear or fight with something XD
Also, he would play different from Bandana Dee, that means that Sailor Dee would have his own slot, just like Lucina :awesome:
Does sailor dee doesn't seem like he has any fighting ability. His job might just be working on deck of the halberd or assistance with piloting the ship. I think a hat would be a cute nod to the character but imo it would still be Bandana Waddle Dee. I dunno

D

Deleted member

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this, but Meta Knight's link on the Japanese Smash website takes you to Kirby's Return to Dream Land. It doesn't really mean anything, but I just want to point that out.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this, but Meta Knight's link on the Japanese Smash website takes you to Kirby's Return to Dream Land. It doesn't really mean anything, but I just want to point that out.
What?! It doesn't really mean anything?!

Bandana Dee confirmed!

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Interesting they would link specifically to that game. I guess cause MK is playable in RtDL. However MK is a boss in Epic Yarn and Triple Deluxe is the latest Kirby game. So I'm surprised Triple Deluxe wasn't linked to for sales reasons being a newer game and all. RtDL may be the game we'll see a stage or more from.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Meta Knight had literally no role in Triple Deluxe, aside from Dark Meta Knight who arguably isn't the same character.

Any of his other actual appearances were in the stone and 100% appearances, but Bandana Dee appeared there as well, which overrules his spot. So it's understandable that he's linked to that.

Also, like you said, Sakurai knows about the importance of Bandana Dee considering he included Ultra Sword, and the Meta Knight -Return to Dream Land thing.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Meta Knight had literally no role in Triple Deluxe, aside from Dark Meta Knight who arguably isn't the same character.

Any of his other actual appearances were in the stone and 100% appearances, but Bandana Dee appeared there as well, which overrules his spot. So it's understandable that he's linked to that.

Also, like you said, Sakurai knows about the importance of Bandana Dee considering he included Ultra Sword, and the Meta Knight -Return to Dream Land thing.
By "Return to Dream Land Thing" I'm guessing you are referring to the up slash meta knight does on the ground?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Wait was his upslash changed to that?
I believe Meta Knight has a unique move that isn't available with the Sword copy ability. He does his up-tilt from Brawl basically. I know for a fact that this was in Kirby Super Star Ultra, and I believe it is in Return to Dreamland as well.

It is kind of like how King Dedede has a unique attribute that he can throw unlimited amounts of Hammers.

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478

xD Is this relevant here?
...yeah, I think it is....
Now, Sakurai want to tease the bandana dee supporter NOW!?
Seriusly, Ridley fans get tease and now Bandana Dee...
I Can't believe that the BDee is becoming popular, and Sakurai and is team KNOW IT.
Sakurai really but really love to troll and tease us everytime.

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice
Okay...........these guys are bad........really, they are almost as bad as Amy Rose haters. Wow.........

Edit:sorry forgot to post this
Kids these days(No, 16 isn't a kid). But to be honest, Ridley is somehow fittingly the most talked about when it comes to smash, and from what I heard, Sakurai stated he had plans for Mewtwo. Don't quote me on that, I only heard about that one
*Realizes he is 13* Aw............
and this is why I hate being on vacation......I miss all the good stuff....

Last edited:

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
Going on vacation for a week, should B-Dee be revealed or anything related to him comes up, could someone PM me?

(Sorry if this is off topic bit I can't bear the thought of missing out on the reveal hype)

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
Going on vacation for a week, should B-Dee be revealed or anything related to him comes up, could someone PM me?

(Sorry if this is off topic bit I can't bear the thought of missing out on the reveal hype)
Pm on here will do yes? I'll keep it in mind!

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Hm maybe for more unique attacks to his moveset that don't involve his spear, he can involve common items used to attack Kirby in Revenge of the king. Such as how in the last level there are my star blocks that can land on you. Maybe one of bandana dee's down specials or smashes could be him standing on a star block as it falls on opponents kind of like Kirby's down special. Or the cannons that shoot rapid shots in Revenge of the King. Maybe as a special attack.

Also when he arrives int the ring to fight his little animation should be like the Waddle Dee spear fighters in Revenge of the King who come in floating with a parasol in one nub and the spear in the other.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Now, Sakurai want to tease the bandana dee supporter NOW!?
Seriusly, Ridley fans get tease and now Bandana Dee...
I Can't believe that the BDee is becoming popular, and Sakurai and is team KNOW IT.
Sakurai really but really love to troll and tease us everytime.
*DK hits a Kremling*
"its just a enemy! no king k rool isn't confirm."
*Meta Knight hits a Waddle Dee*
"omg this MUST be a hint!!!"

wat

so meta knight can't fight waddle dees in smash run without it having to be a hint even tho he fought waddle dees in RtDL?

ok

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
*DK hits a Kremling*
"its just a enemy! no king k rool isn't confirm."
*Meta Knight hits a Waddle Dee*
"omg this MUST be a hint!!!"

wat

so meta knight can't fight waddle dees in smash run without it having to be a hint even tho he fought waddle dees in RtDL?

ok
Never heard anyone fight that argument, K.Rool is probably in though as we had other hints, new Kremling trophy and the sheer fact Kremlings are in the game

LF2K

Floor Diver
All this talk of Kremlings reminds me there was a particular one that helped Diddy; Krunch. Wonder if anyone wants him playable? :p I doubt he's as popular as BD, though.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Never heard anyone fight that argument, K.Rool is probably in though as we had other hints, new Kremling trophy and the sheer fact Kremlings are in the game
I was saying that just because Meta Knight hit a Waddle Dee doesn't hint Bandana Dee.

D

Deleted member

Here are some pics I drew on Miiverse last night of our favorite Waddle Dee. :kirby:
<-My favorites^

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
Here are some pics I drew on Miiverse last night of our favorite Waddle Dee. :kirby:
<-My favorites^
Great job! It's always good to have more support for the Dee! :)

So I was thinking, how should we celebrate if Bandana Dee gets other than reading GameFAQs? I would say we would have a wifi battle on Kirby Fighters Z, if the game was out worldwide and the game was able to have wifi battles... (HAL you missed a huge opportunity! :c)

Speaking of Kirby Fighters Z, is the game planned to be released outside of Japan?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Great job! :)

So I was thinking, how should we celebrate if Bandana Dee gets other than reading GameFAQs? I would say we would have a wifi battle on Kirby Fighters Z, if the game was out worldwide and the game was able to have wifi battles... (HAL you missed a huge opportunity :c)

Speaking of Kirby Fighters Z, is the game planned to be released outside of Japan?
Unfortunatly, we don't know if that game will ever be localized! However, I plan on celebrating by playing the KTD HAL room theme and dancing about for an hour like when Mega Man was revealed!

D

Deleted member

Its a shame I posted my favorites after people left since the PotD was up. Maybe I could've gotten more Yeahs and BWD supporters :c

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice
Great job! It's always good to have more support for the Dee! :)

So I was thinking, how should we celebrate if Bandana Dee gets other than reading GameFAQs? I would say we would have a wifi battle on Kirby Fighters Z, if the game was out worldwide and the game was able to have wifi battles... (HAL you missed a huge opportunity! :c)

I don't know, sadly I don't have Kirby Fighters Z and I have like 5 games I am currently prioritizing, including Smash.

I think pretty much everyone agrees at least Ridley and K.Rool are the most likely from what I have seen in the community. Back on topic,any alternate costume you think Bandana Dee should have? I think Sailor Dee, a grey old kirby game skin, and mabye him without a bandana. Ideas?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I don't know, sadly I don't have Kirby Fighters Z and I have like 5 games I am currently prioritizing, including Smash.

I think pretty much everyone agrees at least Ridley and K.Rool are the most likely from what I have seen in the community. Back on topic,any alternate costume you think Bandana Dee should have? I think Sailor Dee, a grey old kirby game skin, and mabye him without a bandana. Ideas?
Without a Bandana wouldn't be good, detractors will try using that against us

D

Deleted member

(In the background)

Last edited by a moderator:

IronFish

Smash Ace
I think Meta Knight's conformation might be akin to Ike's in that it may be hinting an upcoming newcomer for Kirby. And then like later today we see "Oh by the way there's a another Smash Direct coming on Tuesday".

D

Deleted member

Compilation of potential alts/color swaps: Spoilered since its a lot
(With bandanas, of course :awesome:)
(Only the hat)

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom