• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Paraster

Smash Lord
no, he just makes jokes, sometimes at a fanbase's expense, but it's mostly not supposed to be taken seriously
And it seems Alpha himself is at least something of a Bandana Dee fan. He's talked up Bandana Dee as a potential fighter in at least two videos, even if he admitted to slightly preferring Marx in both.

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
And it seems Alpha himself is at least something of a Bandana Dee fan. He's talked up Bandana Dee as a potential fighter in at least two videos, even if he admitted to slightly preferring Marx in both.
The obligatory counter-pick to Bandana Dee, of course.

But, I don't think that particular tweet was anything to get all up in arms about honestly.
Unless it actually proves to be a detriment to Bandana Dee and his fans, because people seemed way too focused on what Nintendo did this time in comparison to what Bandana Dee pfps had to do with anything.

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
I just thought of something... what if bandana dee got in, but all the music and the stage are from superstar?
because he did technicaly debut in superstar, so sakurai may use that as a loophole to avoid having modern kirby stuff, atleast he would get in though

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I just thought of something... what if bandana dee got in, but all the music and the stage are from superstar?
because he did technicaly debut in superstar, so sakurai may use that as a loophole to avoid having modern kirby stuff, atleast he would get in though

Well if he had his spear we'd still have a win, because Bandana Dee + Spear = Modern, no matter how you cut it. But oh well, it's not like they're gonna reveal the next fighter anytime soo-

(For real tho, I'm not expecting anyone amazing. In fact, Marx is in my top 2 predictions with the other being Dante)

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
I had a resurgence of hope for him after Min Min was revealed, but honestly... I just don't see them revealing Bandana Dee at a place like the Game Awards. if they do, assuming he's in this pass, it'll likely be later on in said pass, either FP member 9 or 10.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I had a resurgence of hope for him after Min Min was revealed, but honestly... I just don't see them revealing Bandana Dee at a place like the Game Awards. if they do, assuming he's in this pass, it'll likely be later on in said pass, either FP member 9 or 10.
Not everything at TGA has to be hype. Was a mediocre F&F game the best sendoff they could have last year?

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Not everything at TGA has to be hype. Was a mediocre F&F game the best sendoff they could have last year?
Mediocre is overselling it lmao. but I guarantee that the team behind F&F paid the big bucks to have their game be the closing announcement. Yeah, it wasn't hype at all, but still. I don't think Nintendo would stick our boy in a show that isn't even directly related to them. as much as I love BWD.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
I'm probably in the minority here but...the character they revealed doesn't do it for me.

I don't really have anything against Final Fantasy, but I haven't liked how it has been handled in Smash. It is the one franchise that came with almost nothing for content, to the point it feels like buying Sepiroth's DLC is basically buying some of the songs and spirits that should have come with Cloud. On that note, Sepiroth is more Final Fantasy 7, not really doing much to rep the series as a whole. Maybe the spirit board will be more inclusive for him? I'm not sure. Ironically, this means Geno and Sora are far less likely, which is a strange timeline for sure.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
At least you can rest easy knowing that a DLC fighter can be an extra character from an already-represented series without being a new installment's protagonist.
I thought antagonists were always game in that sense. There was nothing showing villains couldn't be on the pass other than one not showing up yet.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Sorry if this causes you pain:
AAe0kDAABOv6.jpg

(This was before Sephiroth got into Smash, most of us were expecting someone like Crash Bandicoot, Jonsey, Sora, Geno... you know the rest.)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Sorry if this causes you pain:
View attachment 295240
(This was before Sephiroth got into Smash, most of us were expecting someone like Crash Bandicoot, Jonsey, Sora, Geno... you know the rest.)
Actually, that Fortnite character did get the invitation and than Sephiroth stabbed him through the heart and stoled it.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I mean at least i can still buy the fighters pass

to those who dont know i dont want to support disney so yeah im happy it wasnt sora

still sad that it was again no character high on my wishlist

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
still sad that it was again no character high on my wishlist
You usually don't get your most wanted characters until you least expect it. K. Rool, Ridley, and Banjo & Kazooie were all in my top 5 most wanted characters list since I first played Smash Bros. Melee in 2001. I waited 17 to 18 years for those 3 to get in and it was the most satisfying feeling in the world. Don't give up on your dreams no matter how long it takes.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
which of the many things disney has done means you dont support them?
basicly them trying to get a Monopolys on Movies and them making barely anything good nowadays
still i really want the new lego star wars game Probably buy it second hand

Oracle Link

Smash Master
First of let me say Bandana Waddle Dee Supporters are so Awesome!

Now for the main point. Smash ultimate still has to go far to be really Ultimate and a lot of People overlook something glaring these 3 Franchises
Kirby: Has only Representation of 3 Games and not enough Characters
Zelda:Also Not enough Characters
Sonic : probably the most known and consistent Third Party in Smash
lets Make Smash bros Special more Ultimate

Fp9: Bandana Waddle Dee
Stage: Halcandra/Dedede Castle Star Allies
Music: Masked Dedede
Galcta Knight
Dark Meta Knight
Meta Knight Battle
and
orignal 02 etc.
Mii Costumes:
Dark Matter Swordsman(sword): one of the most important Kirby Antagonists
Adeline(sword/Paintbrush):(Perfect way to include her)
Magolor (gunner): Important Modern Kirby Rep
Dark Matter Hat
Shantae(Brawler)Dx: Indie rep associated with Nintendo also Kirby doesnt have a lot of Other Humanoids also the Backlash would be to great Sadly
Shovel Knight (sword) Dx yeah two Dxs Main Theme?

Fp10: Impa (Hyrule Warriors Aoc?/Skyward Sword)
Stage: Ganons Castle(badguy Stage)
Music: Hyrule theme GBC (last missing retro main theme sorry its just good)
Boss theme/Fire Boss Themeoot (More Battle Themes)
Vaati Battle
Bryne Battle
Dungeon Medly
Mii Costumes:
Zora (Brawler)
Goron(Brawler)
Vaati (Sword) because Tornado
Moblin 1st Zelda (Sword)
Oktorock Head
The Knight DX (sword)(sorry i forgot the name of the game he is from he is a Bug sorry)

Fp11: Eggman
stage: Death Egg or some other EVIL/Mechanical Stage
Music:
Eggman Theme (06 and newer games)
Eggman Genesis Boss Themes Medly
Death Egg
Sonic Theme (it doesnt Matter)
Táils Theme(Believe in My self)
Knuckles theme (unkown from M.E)
Mii Costumes:
Shadow (Brawler) Dx (Throw it all away and All of me) has a better head gear
speaking of better heads if you got the old Costumes you get Full Tails/Knucles heads
Tails Head
Knuckles Head
The Human (Underatle/all Weapons Stick/ Gun7 Though Glove) Dx (Undertale Main Theme/flowey boss theme and Rude Buster) i said Last Hoorah
Dr Wily: Megaman
Porky(All Weapons fists/ gun/ Bat)Dx (Music: Sancuary Guardian, Cease to exit) little Shoutout for mother Fans FP11 Should Feature a Boss Battle mode with Porky returning

and finaly a nice last gift!

Hoodie Free
Plate Armor Free
Mage Free
and Smash Gi (Recolourbale) (small indirect Goku Nod)

really read throughly this Idea Is Sooooooo Goood!

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
After Sephiroth's reveal, Bandana Dee's hate has been the worst it's ever been. It's become the cool thing to say. And with big youtubers like Alpharad and Introspektive adding fuel to the fire, it's impossible for Bandana Dee to get in with a hatedom that makes Jar Jar Binks look like King K. Rool. I've seen people call him lame, a hat goomba, "not hype enough", boring, not iconic enough, just Kirby with a spear, and the like. And they've said it so loud, so many times while undermining the few who will stand up for themselves, that I'm almost convinced it's true. It's so bad, we managed to take back our "most hated in the fandom" title back from Spring Man! It makes me not want to be a Bandana Dee fan anymore. I'm tired of having my favorites hated on and being shafted by both Sakurai and the fandom. I'm on the verge of asking that my name be removed from the support list because of it.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
First of let me say Bandana Waddle Dee Supporters are so Awesome!

Now for the main point. Smash ultimate still has to go far to be really Ultimate and a lot of People overlook something glaring these 3 Franchises
Kirby: Has only Representation of 3 Games and not enough Characters
Zelda:Also Not enough Characters
Sonic : probably the most known and consistent Third Party in Smash
lets Make Smash bros Special more Ultimate

Fp9: Bandana Waddle Dee
Stage: Halcandra/Dedede Castle Star Allies
Music: Masked Dedede
Galcta Knight
Dark Meta Knight
Meta Knight Battle
and
orignal 02 etc.
Mii Costumes:
Dark Matter Swordsman(sword): one of the most important Kirby Antagonists
Adeline(sword/Paintbrush):(Perfect way to include her)
Magolor (gunner): Important Modern Kirby Rep
Dark Matter Hat
Shantae(Brawler)Dx: Indie rep associated with Nintendo also Kirby doesnt have a lot of Other Humanoids also the Backlash would be to great Sadly
Shovel Knight (sword) Dx yeah two Dxs Main Theme?

Fp10: Impa (Hyrule Warriors Aoc?/Skyward Sword)
Stage: Ganons Castle(badguy Stage)
Music: Hyrule theme GBC (last missing retro main theme sorry its just good)
Boss theme/Fire Boss Themeoot (More Battle Themes)
Vaati Battle
Bryne Battle
Dungeon Medly
Mii Costumes:
Zora (Brawler)
Goron(Brawler)
Vaati (Sword) because Tornado
Moblin 1st Zelda (Sword)
Oktorock Head
The Knight DX (sword)(sorry i forgot the name of the game he is from he is a Bug sorry)

Fp11: Eggman
stage: Death Egg or some other EVIL/Mechanical Stage
Music:
Eggman Theme (06 and newer games)
Eggman Genesis Boss Themes Medly
Death Egg
Sonic Theme (it doesnt Matter)
Táils Theme(Believe in My self)
Knuckles theme (unkown from M.E)
Mii Costumes:
Shadow (Brawler) Dx (Throw it all away and All of me) has a better head gear
speaking of better heads if you got the old Costumes you get Full Tails/Knucles heads
Tails Head
Knuckles Head
The Human (Underatle/all Weapons Stick/ Gun7 Though Glove) Dx (Undertale Main Theme/flowey boss theme and Rude Buster) i said Last Hoorah
Dr Wily: Megaman
Porky(All Weapons fists/ gun/ Bat)Dx (Music: Sancuary Guardian, Cease to exit) little Shoutout for mother Fans FP11 Should Feature a Boss Battle mode with Porky returning

and finaly a nice last gift!

Hoodie Free
Plate Armor Free
Mage Free
and Smash Gi (Recolourbale) (small indirect Goku Nod)

really read throughly this Idea Is Sooooooo Goood!
it does sound good

After Sephiroth's reveal, Bandana Dee's hate has been the worst it's ever been. It's become the cool thing to say. And with big youtubers like Alpharad and Introspektive adding fuel to the fire, it's impossible for Bandana Dee to get in with a hatedom that makes Jar Jar Binks look like King K. Rool. I've seen people call him lame, a hat goomba, "not hype enough", boring, not iconic enough, just Kirby with a spear, and the like. And they've said it so loud, so many times while undermining the few who will stand up for themselves, that I'm almost convinced it's true. It's so bad, we managed to take back our "most hated in the fandom" title back from Spring Man! It makes me not want to be a Bandana Dee fan anymore. I'm tired of having my favorites hated on and being shafted by both Sakurai and the fandom. I'm on the verge of asking that my name be removed from the support list because of it.
ive seen more negative

Top Bottom