• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice
i begging to think kirby should have more characters than fire emblem
I thought everyone thinks that Kirby should have more characters than Fire Emblem (or at least more than 3). Of course, I'd love for some FE7 character representation in Smash, but Kirby should probably have 5 reps before that happens tbh.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I thought everyone thinks that Kirby should have more characters than Fire Emblem (or at least more than 3). Of course, I'd love for some FE7 character representation in Smash, but Kirby should probably have 5 reps before that happens tbh.
7. One for each dream friend wave. That would be cool.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
My ideal Kirby representation would be:
- Kirby
- Dedede
- Meta Knight
- Galacta Knight (echo)
- Bandana Dee
- Adeline
- Marx
- Magolor
- Gooey
If you wanted 1 per wave, take out Galacta Knight & Gooey.
Nah, they're cool. All of the Kirby characters I most want in Smash are in my signature.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
My ideal Kirby representation would be:
- Kirby
- Dedede
- Meta Knight
- Galacta Knight (echo)
- Bandana Dee
- Adeline
- Marx
- Magolor
- Gooey
If you wanted 1 per wave, take out Galacta Knight & Gooey.
You forgot Susie.

Other than that, the more kirby characters in, the better :)

I'd like to see an adventure mode with kirby enemies and bosses too. ;p

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
For me, my ideal Kirby character roster would be:

Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dark Matter

After that I wouldn't really care anymore as I feel the core Kirby cast would be complete. (Although Dark Matter has been moreso lurking in the background, but you could make arguments that at least some form of it was even active outside the Dark Matter trilogy: during Amazing Mirror, Squeak Squad, and Star Allies (and Return to Dreamland to some extent).) Although I do have some bias towards Prince Fluff and Magolor.

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
So If the Kirby series were to get a boss in this game, who do you think it'll be? Most likely Sakurai would make it Nightmare (I don't mind this at all. It'll be the Kirby's Adventure final boss all over again but I'll play as Dedede because it makes sense:)) , but my other boss wishes would be Zero, Galacta Knight, Queen Sectonia and Dark Matter. Galacta and Dark Matter would be awesome characters, but if they're not playable I could see them as bosses.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
So If the Kirby series were to get a boss in this game, who do you think it'll be? Most likely Sakurai would make it Nightmare (I don't mind this at all. It'll be the Kirby's Adventure final boss all over again but I'll play as Dedede because it makes sense:)) , but my other boss wishes would be Zero, Galacta Knight, Queen Sectonia and Dark Matter. Galacta and Dark Matter would be awesome characters, but if they're not playable I could see them as bosses.
There's somthing on the website that's hinting at Zero/02. I'd like Sectonia more though.

KeyOh

Smash Cadet
Happy Halloween everyone!
I can't wait for the Direct tomorrow. If we don't see Dee in it that just means we'll have to show Sakurai and the rest of the Smash Team how much we want him as DLC.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
it does feel a little off that some of the less successful franchise are better represented than more successful ones

Beatrice

Smash Cadet
I think Kracko would make a good Kirby boss. He's been around since the beginning, and I think that fits well with Ultimate's general leaning toward more classic characters.

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
Y'know, it's weird how people keep saying Fire Emblem is 'well-represented'... Like, yeah there's a lot of characters, but they are some weird choices for actually representing the series as a whole. Despite having 7 playable characters, there's only like 3 unique movesets... and literally all of the characters are using swords when the variety of weaponry is half of what makes FE interesting. Even among the main characters, there are non-sword options, so it's strange. Not to mention that 3 out of 7 of the cast are from a single entry in the franchise, and Roy is by far the least-well-known/liked FE Lord from the GBA games (outside of Smash fans).

While I understand why all of these choices ended up getting made, it's still not really fair to call FE 'well-represented' in Smash.

It's more like 'easily cloned for Smash'.

(That said, if we get another FE character before Bandana Dee, I'm right there with you for the riot...)

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
My ideal Kirby roster:
Deserve to be in base game:
Dee
Marx
Adeline and Ribbon
Magolor
Would pay for as DLC:
Galacta Knight
Gooey
Queen Sectonia
Echoes?
Masked Dedede
Shadow kirby
Dark Meta Knight
Morpho Knight
Other random jank:
Daroach
Susie
Taranza
Prince Fluff
Hyness

Beatrice

Smash Cadet
I think I would honestly tear up if we got both Dee and Marx, but I at least still have hope for Dee, even if it has waned over the past couple months.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
My ideal Kirby lineup

Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Bandana Dee
Daroach
Dark Matter

Beautiful perfection right there

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Alright lads my day starts at 4 AM tomorrow so if I don't make it I hope we do get something new for him. Please just something for him.

11th

Smash Apprentice
A very late Bat-dana Dee. Hope everyone has had a nice Halloween~

BanDee Bat 10-31-18.png

Fingers crossed for tomorrow. Hopefully I won't sleep through my alarms.
Today has been weird, so I probably won't finish the other thing by tomorrow morning. Eventually.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Hmm, has anyone kept up with the Smash Website? There could be potential secrets hidden their pointing to the content of the direct tomorrow.

Anyways, between Mr. Grinch and Vergeben, I suppose this really is our Waddle Warrior's darkest hour. Kinda fitting to be on Halloween night (well, depending on where you are I suppose :laugh:). Regardless, I'll remain hopeful, though I must admit I'm also prepared to be disappointed.

Here's to tomorrow's direct, everyone!

Edit:
Hmm, no music posted yet this week... Alright then, new series incoming. That certainly bodes well for the Grinch, but not for us...

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
We've reached the end, and it's been a bumpy ride. Let's hope for the best, and that, at the very least Bandana Dee doesn't get deconfirmed. Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst, just in case!

And remember, Bandana Dee has a fighting chance for the DeeLC roster!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Good luck everybody!

I think there's good stuff to look to. So let's see what comes up tomorrow :)

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
Keep you hopes up for Dee. Imagine the insanity if he's confirmed..

Vergeben proven fake. Grinch proven fake.

There will be no survivors. Only the Dee will remain.

Waddle_dude

Smash Cadet
Let’s not give up until after the direct! We have a chance (sure it seems to be a small one) but it’s still a chance and I’d like to hold on to that hope!

FantastiqueFran

Smash Cadet
NNID
Haruki-KunST
To be honest, I'd rather take Bandana Dee as the first lance-based fighter over a Fire Emblem lance user (*cough* Ephraim *cough*).

Anyways, best of luck to you guys tomorrow from a fellow adept of the Golden Sun thread!

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
While I believe in the grinch leak, I'll never give up on Dee. He is guarenteed DLC if he's not in now

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Got to take part in a discussion about the leak and was able throw in some support for Bandana Dee

Something about Kirby makes me a bit childish

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
All the luck to you guys tomorrow in Bandana Dee. Remember if he doesn't get in Base. He can always be DLC which I'm certain he will be. The Kirby roster isn't complete with its Player 4. ;)

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to contain myself by watching youtube videos on different subjects but I can't help it, my mind is too focused on the direct.
These are going to be some of the longest 75 minutes of my life.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm trying to contain myself by watching youtube videos on different subjects but I can't help it, my mind is too focused on the direct.
These are going to be some of the longest 75 minutes of my life.
I'm watching a speedrun of a game that I haven't finished (in this case, DKC Tropical Freeze) - it seems to be helping.

Top Bottom