• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Acemania

Smash Apprentice
Uh so... did someone confirm there will be deelc or are we just assuming there will be? I'm worried Sakurai and the dev team will say "the roster looks complete to me" and not even consider deelc, because considering recent events, I believe deelc is our last hope for this game.

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
W00t we made it to 100 pages.

To celebrate, here's an image of that new Star Allies light novel, where Dedede and Bandana Dee share a touching moment

BD and Dedede.jpg

11th

Smash Apprentice
Whoo, 100!
Here's a thing from yesterday to celebrate.
BanDee Paint 10-24-18 WIP.png

I'd like to say that I'll finish it, but I probably won't because I'm a mess.

Acemania Acemania : Assumptions.
I'm a "wait and see" kind of person, so my current stance is "maybe". (And, obviously, "hoping".)
Even if it does happen, there's a chance that they'll pursue third-parties over firsts/seconds, which would be just as unfortunate. :/

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Uh so... did someone confirm there will be deelc or are we just assuming there will be? I'm worried Sakurai and the dev team will say "the roster looks complete to me" and not even consider deelc, because considering recent events, I believe deelc is our last hope for this game.
There’s no way there won’t be DLC. Smash is a cash cow and Nintendo knows it.

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice

To celebrate, here's an image of that new Star Allies light novel, where Dedede and Bandana Dee share a touching moment

View attachment 172177
Awwww.
That's so beautiful, the way Dedede showing Bandana Dee that he doesn't need his Bandana to be perfect. As a quote that I just found "Love doesn't need to be perfect. It just needs to be true."
How did you get it? Do you have a link?

SwitchButton

Holy--! Excuse me, but where did you find this? My god, this looks precious!! BTW, is this really Bandana Waddle Dee right here, or...?
Just a random twitter user that posted some scans. Although I didn't save any others and I have no idea who's twitter it was :p.

If you look closely, you can see that Dedede is holding Bandana Dee's Bandana in his left hand!

GooberHonker

Smash Rookie
In celebration of 100 Pages, here's a Bandana Boy that I drew up a while ago! I've been using it as my icon on here for a bit. Here's to many more pages!

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
There has to be DLC because it sold like hot cakes for Smash 4 and Ultimate has the potential to outsell Smash 4 so there's no way Nintendo is going to miss out on all those millions they can make from DLC.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
HAPPY 100!
We're assuming it, it's not confirmed but it's extremely likely because of financial reasons.
In celebration of 100 Pages, here's a Bandana Boy that I drew up a while ago! I've been using it as my icon on here for a bit. Here's to many more pages!
:love: I love it!

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
100 pages! Apples for everyone!

I love Dedede gave Dee his bandana. They are sworn allies for life now.

DeeLC campaign needs to happen. #BandanaDee4Smash ? #DeeLC ? #NoticeDeeSakuraiSempai ?

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
1 0 0 P A G E S B O I S
Funny how we reach that milestone in a rather dire time. Says to me we can’t just throw in the towel just yet, even if we miss out on the base game.

Considering Sakurai stated that he’d suppprt the series as long as there is fan demand, I find it hard to see it not happening.

View attachment 172177
MY HEART ;-;

Whoo, 100!
Here's a thing from yesterday to celebrate.
View attachment 171854
I'd like to say that I'll finish it, but I probably won't because I'm a mess.

Acemania Acemania : Assumptions.
I'm a "wait and see" kind of person, so my current stance is "maybe". (And, obviously, "hoping".)
Even if it does happen, there's a chance that they'll pursue third-parties over firsts/seconds, which would be just as unfortunate. :/
Oh dang. I love it!

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
People who think the leak is real are completely oblivious. The company this man supposedly worked for was contacted, hewas fired in 2016. He would have no access to the roster banner in the first place.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
People who think the leak is real are completely oblivious. The company this man supposedly worked for was contacted, hewas fired in 2016. He would have no access to the roster banner in the first place.
While I don't necessarily think it's true, the guy found another job elsewhere doing kinda the same thing. However this company has a very limited history with both movies and games

KeyOh

Smash Cadet
Congrats on 100 pages everyone! I hope everyone will stick around for many more. :)

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice
We also need to remember that this leak had 7 newcomers. Considering that's the same amount that happened from June to August, this can only be revealed November to December, and there were 4 echoes in the first Directs vs. the maximum of 2 in this leak. I don't think Sakurai lied to us about slowing down character reveals just so he could reveal 7 newcomers.
100 pages! Can we hit 120 before the release date?
Maybe, posts on page 80 were posted in September, and I can only see posts getting more frequent!

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
I like how proud you all are of 100 pages... But how, in the same amount of time, has the Isaac thread amassed over 600?

But uhh yeah, happy hundred!

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
In the theme of "Dee" LC, there are several other characters that would be awesome to put along with Dee for like a D-themed round of characters. Dixie, Decidueye, Dillon, maybe Dark Meta Knight or Evil D3 as echo fighters? That would be a really cool way to announce DLC.

Also, could I be added to the supporters list? Just realized I'm not on there, lmao.

Last edited:

SwitchButton

Not sure if anyone noticed, but something I just realized. Return to Dreamland turned 7 years old two days ago! It's officially been 7 years since Bandana Dee became a main character of the Kirby franchise.

RTDL release date.png

Use this to fill your souls with determination for DeeLC!

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
Posted a sketch in the Dixie thread, but since it includes Bandana Dee I figured I would post it here too!

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
There's still a small chance that we won't need DLC.

If this leak is true, there are some saying that the ones shown on the banner aren't even all that there is. If that's true, Bandana Dee still has the slimmest of chances for base roster!

Do I think there will be DLC? Yes, but I don't think it'll be right away. Oh well, I guess we still have quite the wait.

SwitchButton

Lets gets some discussion going.

How many DLC characters do you guys think we'll be getting? Do you think many of them will be third parties? With no veterans left to use as DLC there will probably be a ton of room for first party newcomers unlike last time

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!

How many DLC characters do you guys think we'll be getting? Do you think many of them will be third parties? With no veterans left to use as DLC there will probably be a ton of room for first party newcomers unlike last time
If we get DLC, I'd say maybe 5-6 characters. Probably 2-3 third parties and 3 1st first parties.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
While I don't necessarily think it's true, the guy found another job elsewhere doing kinda the same thing. However this company has a very limited history with both movies and games
Yeah not only is it still really possible that the leak is fake, but also we dont know how many character there'll be in total.
The new company he works for isn't known for gaming stuff, besides one thing I heard people claiming (but didnt see evidence).
I think it wouldve been contacted by now, but I havent heard anything. Time may tell.

As for DLC. I think it'll be a lot this time, it should go smoother, even if it's over years.
I could see it easily go up to a dozen and even more.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Not fewer than 15.

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice

I'm not expecting too much if the leak is real, but I imagine we'll get most of the other highly-requested characters they didn't have time to work in at first. Bandana Dee is obviously one of them, as well as Dixie Kong, a new Pokemon, and maybe a new Xenoblade rep (either Elma or Rex & Pyra). Some more third-party love could be likely, like Jibanyan or maybe Shantae, if we're really lucky.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

hard to say, sometimes i think they use a roulette wheel then again if he sticks to the ballot we might be able to predict who he goes for

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman

Not counting echos, probably more than smash 4, as they only have to work with 1 platform instead of 2 this time around, and it’s probably going to be a very long time until the next Nintendo console releases alongside the next potential port/new game.
Maybe I’m just being hopeful, though.

Top Bottom