• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Man the wait is gonna be hella long.. Probally the next direct or announcement will happen in October or something like that..
I wouldn't quite go that far. Remember that Nintendo said they have more games to announce this year, so I feel a general Direct next month isn't too much to expect, and where there's a Direct, there's a character reveal. And besides, we just went nearly two months with pretty much no new information. What's one or two more to us at this point?

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Man the wait is gonna be hella long.. Probally the next direct or announcement will happen in October or something like that..
Nintendo always has Directs in September, just wait a month. After that then it’s a November wait for the next Nintendo Direct.

Marvel-Otaku-Man

Smash Apprentice
After looking at K Rool's trailer, they seemed to have used everyone of his major appearances. So, if our boy Bandana Dee makes it in I have pretty high hopes for his moveset. The Megaton Punch is just too good of a move not to be used as a down special or final smash.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I wonder if Dark Matter, Marx and other Kirby villains are disconfirmed now that Sakurai used Meta Knight as the villain during K. Rool's trailer.

BandanaDeemon

Smash Apprentice
I was surprised it wasn’t Dedede,I mean it’s the only consistent kinda villain but not really a villain idk what’s goin on

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I was surprised it wasn’t Dedede,I mean it’s the only consistent kinda villain but not really a villain idk what’s goin on
Well, the trailer is called Rivals instead of Villains, so I guess it makes more sense.

Meta Knight was probably used because Dedede appeared later with the K. Rool joke.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
It's kind of strange that they didn't use DeDeDe. Bur I really hope we get surprised with more that 1 Kirby newcomer though I think that's asking for alot

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
I almost positive that the next Direct will have something Kirby related.
I agree. And I don’t think I’ve ever been more confident in the boy’s chances. While I don’t believe in any quotas being filled, I do want to mention a little something:
Super Mario got Daisy
DKC got K. Rool
TLoZ got Young Link back
Metroid got both Ridley and Dark Samus
Yoshi might as well be part of the Mario series if you ask me, so Daisy again.
Star Fox got Wolf back.
Pokémon got Pichu, Squirtle, and Ivysaur back.

Kirby’s the only one of the original eight remaining to get a character in Ultimate, and considering he’s got no veterans to ever get cut, alongside Kirby being a pretty major franchise for nintendo, and thus having a ton of support, I’m probably a bit *too* sure about the Bandana boy getting in. I do hope my optimism doesn’t backfire and leave me for a fool. o.o

Last edited:

Anop

Smash Apprentice
I agree. And I don’t think I’ve ever been more confident in the boy’s chances. While I don’t believe in any quotas being filled, I do want to mention a little something:
Super Mario got Daisy
DKC got K. Rool
TLoZ got Young Link back
Metroid got both Ridley and Dark Samus
Yoshi might as well be part of the Mario series if you ask me, so Daisy again.
Star Fox got Wolf back.
Pokémon got Pichu, Squirtle, and Ivysaur back.

Kirby’s the only one of the original eight remaining to get a character in Ultimate, and considering he’s got no veterans to ever get cut, alongside Kirby being a pretty major franchise for nintendo, and thus having a ton of support, I’m probably a bit *too* sure about the Bandana boy getting in. I do hope my optimism doesn’t backfire and leave me for a fool. o.o
FE also got Chrom

WinOrTroll

Smash Rookie
Bandana Dee couldn't make it to be #66, but how about #68 :thinking:

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Bandana Dee is definitely one of my most wanted characters at this point, and I really think he'd be an awesome addition. He's really become a major character in the Kirby games, and it feels wrong to not include him in Smash.

D

Deleted member

Glad King K. Rool taught, King DeDeDe a lesson, love ya though King DeDeDe maybe Bandana Dee gets revenge, for his king?

Gooper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
I only show up for new game hype, but I want to say I think Bandana Dee is almost certainly getting added and I can't wait to play him

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
Another bread crumb!!!

Zero megamon.png

Look at how Zero is named. He's got a (Megaman) attached. He's the only assist trophy to have such a thing on their name. Could this be implying that another Zero is an Assist Trophy? If so, then it's likely Kirby's Zero.

Where would be the PERFECT place to reveal such an iconic assist trophy? That's right. A CHARACTER Trailer. A Kirby related character trailer, I might add :shades:

What do you think? Am I reaching too hard?

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
Another bread crumb!!!

View attachment 156988

Look at how Zero is named. He's got a (Megaman) attached. He's the only assist trophy to have such a thing on their name. Could this be implying that another Zero is an Assist Trophy? If so, then it's likely Kirby's Zero.

Where would be the PERFECT place to reveal such an iconic assist trophy? That's right. A CHARACTER Trailer. A Kirby related character trailer, I might add :shades:

It does seem weird that he’s the only one to have that but idk if that proves anything except another Zero might become an assist trophy.

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
Another bread crumb!!!

View attachment 156988

Or perhaps Zero will be a boss like Dracula and Rathalos (Or even both a boss AND an Assist like Rathalos)? Hmm, they did tease Metal Face at the end of Shulk's trailer, I could definitely see them doing the same for Zero in a certain someone's reveal...

Well, there are these little dudes on the Pyrosphere stage that are also called Zeros actually,
800px-PyrosphereZero.jpg

But Pyrosphere does seem a bit unlikely to return for a BIG reason (I'm sorry, that was bad). So I guess we'll see.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
If he was a boss, wouldn't he just be called 0, no letters needed?

Or was that just 0²?

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Just to throw this into discussion, Star Allies still has one more batch of free DLC according to leaks, so why not use that to transition into Bandana Dee. Like, we are thankful you enjoyed Star Allies, but I think you’ll find that there is more Kirby content to come.... Then... Bam... Smash lines cross and Bandana Dee is revealed.

Maybe Marx could get announced as a boss like Rathalos.

TBone06

Smash Ace
Showing support from the Geno thread! I have no real attachment to Bandana Dee, but I want to see you guys with a W. Rooting for the little guy!

BandanaDeemon

Smash Apprentice
Bandana dee could be a meta knight echo if you made the tornado spear copter or parasol drill and made the sword a spear,I don’t want him as an echo but eh

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Just to throw this into discussion, Star Allies still has one more batch of free DLC according to leaks, so why not use that to transition into Bandana Dee. Like, we are thankful you enjoyed Star Allies, but I think you’ll find that there is more Kirby content to come.... Then... Bam... Smash lines cross and Bandana Dee is revealed.

Maybe Marx could get announced as a boss like Rathalos.
I was thinking the same thing earlier!

Maybe we could get a double reveal with Bandana Dee and Magolor :^)
I would die from hype lol.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Another bread crumb!!!

View attachment 156988

Honestly, I don't think you're reaching too hard at all. That's a great find! There are a great many video game characters named Zero, but none are coming immediately to mind that could get into Smash. I would absolutely love to see Zero represented!

The only issue is that Kirby already got an assist trophy in Kawasaki. It's not as if there's a limit, but that might make it harder for our Zero. Him also being a boss would fix that, and I would love to fight that giant eye in Smash.

Either way, it's definitely significant that Mega Man's Zero got that extra distinction. That means there is for sure another Zero as an assist. And what's more, since it's on the site and not in the game, that may mean they intend to show this other Zero and catalogue him on the site--in other words, before the game is released. And if they had had Kirby Zero waiting in the wings as merely an assist, I feel they would have just shown him right after MM Zero to play with the name connection, or at least in that segment rather than Kawasaki.

This leads me to believe they are saving Zero...for a trailer.

And that, my friend, is reaching.:grin:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I know that some people in the thread are against this, but personally I would love to see a Helper system incorporated into Bandana Dee's moveset. Where he summons Sir Kibble, Chilly, Waddle Doo, and maybe Burning Leo.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I know that some people in the thread are against this, but personally I would love to see a Helper system incorporated into Bandana Dee's moveset. Where he summons Sir Kibble, Chilly, Waddle Doo, and maybe Burning Leo.
I'd enjoy that but given he's somewhat associated with King Dedede, I imagine Dee maybe getting brawl dedede side B without gordos and maybe less like using meat shields.

BandanaDeemon

Smash Apprentice
Or he could have friend abilities like zap spear,blizzard spear,Guster spear,fire spear,and normal spear

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I've noticed that they haven't shown much Gameplay for either Meta Knight or King Dedede. It would be pretty cool if they could get elemental buffs on their weapons like they do in Star Allies. Maybe activated with Up Taunt or something.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Thinking about it; Bandanna Dee might be a pretty good reveal for a general direct. Since Smash isn't the focus he won't be majorly stealing the spotlight from all the other games but he will still generate hype nonetheless. Not an Isaac/Geno/Banjo level of reveal; but somthing to start off the direct, maybe even along with some Echos like Shadow and Isabelle.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Yeah, if Geno isn't revealed for September, Dee would be an ideal choice for the general direct.

Anop

Smash Apprentice
I've noticed that they haven't shown much Gameplay for either Meta Knight or King Dedede. It would be pretty cool if they could get elemental buffs on their weapons like they do in Star Allies. Maybe activated with Up Taunt or something.
It'd be cool but i doubt it with Star Allies being so recent

BandanaDeemon

Smash Apprentice
Or bandana dee is a kirby echo where his punch is his spear and his copy ability is the friend ability’s

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
As cool as it would be to have Zero as a boss or assist, chances are they're probably talking about the Zero enemy from Pyrosphere. Since it was basically Bonsly in Sm4sh, chances are if Pyrosphere doesn't return it can be summoned by assist with the same ability there.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'll say Bandanna Dee is in the most 50-50 position he's ever been in but I need a minute to explain why.

Every character thus far, bar the Inklings are older ones with a lot of fan support but it's not as simple as fan demand straight up getting them in.

We all know Ridley and King K. Rool had very large and loud bases but the almost as loud Waluigi and Ashley bases didn't work in getting their hracters promoted. Chrom and Dark Samus had less support but got in as they could be easily made into echos.

Bandanna Dee is in an interesting position as he definitely had the most support of any Kirby character and he is quite old even if we ignore his original apperance on the SNES and take SSUltra as his debut. On the other hand, he wasn't a holdover from the Brawl days we were stubbornly sticking with and he has a unique moveset.

I hope that he got the support he needed to make the jump. And that his moveset doesn't need too much reworking.

Top Bottom