• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Does anyone think Dark Meta Knight has a chance as an echo? We have Dark Pit, Dark Samus, so.. I'm just saying! He could be revealed alongside Dee, and considering he was relevant in Triple Deluxe and all.

Though I think Galacta Knight probably would have been better suited, he's already an alternate costume/palette for Meta Knight.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Does anyone think Dark Meta Knight has a chance as an echo? We have Dark Pit, Dark Samus, so.. I'm just saying! He could be revealed alongside Dee, and considering he was relevant in Triple Deluxe and all.

Though I think Galacta Knight probably would have been better suited, he's already an alternate costume/palette for Meta Knight.
if they did included all theyd only be missing is dark link

Last edited:

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman

He's got a chance, but I don't consider his chances to be all that great. Character choices seem to be HEAVILY taken from the Ballot, echoes included. So, I'm not sure if relevancy is going to be as big of a factor as it usually would. On top of that, while he had an important role in Triple Deluxe when you look at the lore, his actual appearance was kinda minor, and I think most Kirby fans were moreso looking towards Bandana Dee, Marx, Magolor, and potentially Adeleine.

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman

He's got a chance on account of being easy to do yes. But even with his return in Triple Deluxe, I don't think he's really got the popularity to justify taking the effort to make him an Echo. It would kinda feel like an extra character slot for the sake of another character slot rather than throwing the character's fans a bone the way Chrom, Daisy, and Dark Samus were.

I think he'd be an awesome alternate costume to be honest. I mean, he was pretty much no different from Meta Knight in his original appearance, and he should be relatively simple to do on account of being a recolor with a scar and tattered wings/cape. And honestly, I'd rather not have a "Dark" Echo that's almost a straight-up palette swap of the original (Looking at you, Pittoo, you're literally a palette swap).

It's a shame that Galacta Knight's shield and lack of a cape are likely what kept him from being an Echo, he would have been a really cool one, like maybe a Meta Knight with a subtle tipper or something.

Last edited:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
If they did do DMK as an echo, I'd think they would do what they did with Chrom but better. What I mean is, he uses all of meta knight's base animations for his regular attacks but with different properties, but his B moves would be different. I mean, DMK doesn't have access to shuttle loop but he does have access to giant swords and mirrors.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
I'm so, so happy Bandana Dee is still in the running after yesterday's massacre! Although I want to say that everyone shouldn't get overly confident that he'll appear as a playable character. The evidence is certainly mounting, but we shouldn't act like it's a sure thing until we see his trailer. That's how we end up disappointed and bitter if he isn't playable. Remain optimistic, but don't celebrate quite yet! We're almost there.

BandanaDeemon

Smash Apprentice
Guys what if in his trailer they had a typo on purpose saying banana dee and then he is just shooting bandana guns

Riddlestar

Smash Rookie
Bandana Dee is one of my 6 most requested characters (King K. Rool, Isaac, Ashley, Captain Toad, Bandana Dee and Impa; King K. Rool got in and Ashley is deconfirmed sadly.)

So I am really hoping he makes it in, I have a lot of faith in him this time around. I was hyperventilating during the Assist Trophy section. I noticed that Isabelle was nowhere to be seen...weirdly + the Vergeben leaks have become more credible sadly (She's a pacifist, her inclusion doesn't make sense). And it's made me come up with a character reveal trailer pitch for both Isabelle and Bandana Dee.

So.

> Smash reveal trailer intro

The trailer begins with an animal crossing village in turmoil at a fruit festival, with many of King Dedede's minions stealing fruit from the village's villagers...

The camera moves over to the Town Hall, seeing the Villager (mayor of the villager) defend his town from the greedy King Dedede and the pair start a vicious face off just outside of the Town Hall.

Villager is beginning to get badly beaten while King Dedede mocks and laughs at him while eating his fruit...then a basket of apples gets thrown directly into King Dedede's face out of nowhere -

Villager and Dedede look over at a small figure both with a confused expression, the figure leaps up and jingles (due to the little hair bell bracelet)

And the splash art for Isabelle is revealed

"ISABELLE JINGLES INTO BATTLE" - 45e

> Character footage of Isabelle is showcased

And abruptly ends with Villager and Isabelle looking at each other with delight and down onto Dedede, Isabelle has a stern facial expression and Villager joyfully laughs in his face until - an orange blur kicks Villager and sends him flying, leaving Isabelle with a shocked expression. It's revealed to be King Dedede's loyal follower Bandana Dee, the splash art for Bandana Dee is revealed.

"BANDANA WADDLE DEE WADDLES INTO BATTLE" - 68

> Character footage of Bandana Dee is then shown off

The final little scene sees Isabelle and Bandana Dee calling a truce, and both pitifully looking at their Mayor and King respectively; then glancing over to each other having a little chuckle and finally, bandaging up their respective leaders.

> Outro credits

uwu, this is way better sounding in my head tbh

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Bandana Dee is one of my 6 most requested characters (King K. Rool, Isaac, Ashley, Captain Toad, Bandana Dee and Impa; King K. Rool got in and Ashley is deconfirmed sadly.)

So I am really hoping he makes it in, I have a lot of faith in him this time around. I was hyperventilating during the Assist Trophy section. I noticed that Isabelle was nowhere to be seen...weirdly + the Vergeben leaks have become more credible sadly (She's a pacifist, her inclusion doesn't make sense). And it's made me come up with a character reveal trailer pitch for both Isabelle and Bandana Dee.

So.

> Smash reveal trailer intro

The trailer begins with an animal crossing village in turmoil at a fruit festival, with many of King Dedede's minions stealing fruit from the village's villagers...

The camera moves over to the Town Hall, seeing the Villager (mayor of the villager) defend his town from the greedy King Dedede and the pair start a vicious face off just outside of the Town Hall.

Villager is beginning to get badly beaten while King Dedede mocks and laughs at him while eating his fruit...then a basket of apples gets thrown directly into King Dedede's face out of nowhere -

Villager and Dedede look over at a small figure both with a confused expression, the figure leaps up and jingles (due to the little hair bell bracelet)

And the splash art for Isabelle is revealed

"ISABELLE JINGLES INTO BATTLE" - 45e

> Character footage of Isabelle is showcased

And abruptly ends with Villager and Isabelle looking at each other with delight and down onto Dedede, Isabelle has a stern facial expression and Villager joyfully laughs in his face until - an orange blur kicks Villager and sends him flying, leaving Isabelle with a shocked expression. It's revealed to be King Dedede's loyal follower Bandana Dee, the splash art for Bandana Dee is revealed.

"BANDANA WADDLE DEE WADDLES INTO BATTLE" - 68

> Character footage of Bandana Dee is then shown off

The final little scene sees Isabelle and Bandana Dee calling a truce, and both pitifully looking at their Mayor and King respectively; then glancing over to each other having a little chuckle and finally, bandaging up their respective leaders.

> Outro credits

uwu, this is way better sounding in my head tbh
I actually like this a lot considering how dark the trailers can be now. Frankly, I see Isabelle being a more clumsy in some ways but precise in other ways villager; Uair and Dair using a consistent amount of turnips, Down B being the cedar trees that can spawn the beehives instead of logs/fruit, dtilt being the same move but she picks up a seashell, etc. Chrom and Dark Samus really changed the definition of what an echo fighter is and I'm happy about that, as Sakurai and team can get away with reusing movesets with different animations/sharing moves between two fighters.

Riddlestar

Smash Rookie
Honestly, the characters that have gotten grim reveal trailers are either villains or a character from a grim game lol

Bandana Dee and Isabelle don't fit that.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Honestly, the characters that have gotten grim reveal trailers are either villains or a character from a grim game lol

Bandana Dee and Isabelle don't fit that.
I mean, the Inklings "trailer" was somewhat unsettling...and Kirby games sometimes get dark (under the skin at least).

Riddlestar

Smash Rookie
Urm, well who knows.

It will ultimately be in connection to that mode "Spirits" which is indeed connected to death. But how could they incorporate death in character trailers for an Animal Crossing character...Strange.

The Inkling's trailer really set the tone for all of this, I didn't expect it tbh.

Riddlestar

Smash Rookie
How many more newcomers do you guys think we'll get for the base game? There gotta be room for our hero!
Um

The echo fighters are really screwing me over in terms of predictions, I originally thought we would get 10 unique newcomers and like 2 more echo fighters before Wednesday's direct.

Now I think we'll get like 8 unique newcomers in total (Inkling, Ridley, Simon, King. K Rool so far) and god knows how many echoes, I wonder how much development time the echoes take up?

Riddlestar

Smash Rookie
And considering that everything is ballot related, characters + assists....It's hard to predict who will be joining.

Ridley, King K. Rool, Isaac and Geno are undoubtedly some of the most requested fighter of all time. Bandana Dee is getting up there tbh, maybe he's already there.

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
So here's something interesting.

https://old.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/8zqo5l/smash_newcomer_probability_tier_list_stier/

A Redditor went around doing sampling online (one of which being us lol) and compiled what he believes is a list of the top 50 most likely characters. He then proceeds to rank these characters. Now, I wouldn't usually give something like this much attention since it's just a random dude, but it's impressive just by how ACCURATE he is. Take a look at the top 2 tiers. This dude predicted every single new character that was announced in the direct. (Except Richter, but he was literally a random Belmont out of like 15 Belmonts pick so he's an exception)

(Characters he believes are 100% locks) S Tier:
King K. Rool (YUP)
Bandana Dee
Simon Belmont (YUP)

(Characters he believes are extremely likely) A Tier:
Isabelle (Vergeben'd so maybe)
Dark Samus (YUP)
Captain Toad
Ashley (assist'd)
Decidueye
Geno
Elma
Chrom (YUP)
Dixie Funky

This doesn't really reveal anything new for us, but it's a nice confidence boost and it puts into perspective how incomprehensibly high Bandana Dee's chances are

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord

https://old.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/8zqo5l/smash_newcomer_probability_tier_list_stier/

A Redditor went around doing sampling online (one of which being us lol) and compiled what he believes is a list of the top 50 most likely characters. He then proceeds to rank these characters. Now, I wouldn't usually give something like this much attention since it's just a random dude, but it's impressive just by how ACCURATE he is. Take a look at the top 2 tiers. This dude predicted every single new character that was announced in the direct. (Except Richter, but he was literally a random Belmont out of like 15 Belmonts pick so he's an exception)

King K. Rool (YUP)
Bandana Dee
Simon Belmont (YUP)

Dark Samus (YUP)
Captain Toad
Ashley (assist'd)
Decidueye
Geno
Elma
Chrom (YUP)
Dixie Funky

This doesn't really reveal anything new for us, but it's a nice confidence boost and it puts into perspective how incomprehensibly high Bandana Dee's chances are
Case-by-case basis. Honestly, good on him for being mostly accurate but remember that Ashley and Captain Toad were a part of his A-tier... and look what happened. He's not Sakurai just as we're not. Richter shows that Sakurai can still blindside people, so the Dee's chances are indeed good, but "incomprehensibly high" are dangerous words to be using. We don't know how many more unique newcomers they had time to make and who was prioritized for what reasons.

SwitchButton

but remember that Ashley and Captain Toad were a part of his A-tier
Ashley would count as an "accurate" guess. Remember Sakurai considers Assist Trophies to be a form of fanservice, and not a completely insult like we do. Also, They only announced 5 characters, so obviously not every single character in his A-rank was gonna be revealed in the direct. Hell who's to say more aren't BEING added? Also it's a lower rank, so a lower success rate should, obviously, be expected

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990

King K. Rool (YUP)
Bandana Dee
Simon Belmont (YUP)

Dark Samus (YUP)
Captain Toad
Ashley (assist'd)
Decidueye
Geno
Elma
Chrom (YUP)
Dixie Funky

to be fair Richter has alot of JoJo radiating off of him..... sorry but you cant not tell me that he and Jonathan Jostar or hell anyone else from the JoJo family kind of resemble him.

on another topic Bandana Dee needs to be in the next direct. I cant keep setting myself up for this every time its exhausting.

SwitchButton

I think the next Direct is Bandana Dee time. He's not even slightly out of left field, so they'd probably reveal him in the middle of the build up to Smash rather then right before release

Lucykinz

Smash Rookie
I haven't been on this site in years but if there's a support list for bandana dee I'd like to be added. He's my favorite kirby character aside from kirby himself. Let's support this precious boy.

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
I'd be so insanely angry.

Because Bandana Dee is OBVIOUSLY perfect for a Bayonetta echo
Of course, and his Witch Time would be his opponents being so ashamed of daring to hurt such a good boi that time slows down for them to wallow in their guilt!

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I'd be so insanely angry.

Because Bandana Dee is OBVIOUSLY perfect for a Bayonetta echo
I loved the sidestory in Star Allies where they showed how Bandana Dee's bandana was actually equipped with giant fists and feet all along. Really showed why you don't mess with the Dee.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
I can’t believe Bandana Dee is actually a Captain Falcon clone. You would have thought Sakurai would have learned after Ganondorf, but ahhhh, he punk’d us.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I hope the song that plays during Bandana Dee's trailer is a remix of Megaton Punch like this,

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Man, can the year go by a little quicker? I really wanna know who's in and who's not. Mainly, because I keep having to deal with people who still use the "Goomba with a hat" argument that some use against Dee, but then also have the whole Dee group called delusional/the thought that Dee will get over the character this guy wants is a delusion. I like having discussions on why and why not a character will get in, but ending an argument with what is essentially an insult instead just ending it really bites. That's kinda the main reason why I don't like character speculation; too much name-calling and flame wars. I'm probably just being a baby about this all but I just wanna say if a person's argument against Dee is "goomba with a hat" and it stays that argument after showing a few key points about the character, then that person is probably not that good to discuss with.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
While I don’t really support him I don’t hate the cutie, and wouldnt be upset to see him fight it out on the battlefield,

Wait can he fly?

Last edited:

SwitchButton

While I don’t really support him I don’t hate the cutie, and wouldnt be upset to see him fight it out on the battlefield,

Wait can he fly?
I mean the thing is.. well in a way.. he uh.. kinda?

He can kinda just jump infinitely and the games mostly treat it as being canon. But otherwise he can use his spear like a helicopter to fly around

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
I mean the thing is.. well in a way.. he uh.. kinda?

He can kinda just jump infinitely and the games mostly treat it as being canon. But otherwise he can use his spear like a helicopter to fly around
The dees are strange people

So how would you guys play his jump out? Not another Kirby/Dedede, I’m taking it but the helicopter spear

SwitchButton

He'd probably just have standard double jump like most non-flyingcharacters, with his helicopter spin as a recovery

Last edited:

BandanaDeemon

Smash Apprentice
Or he could parasol upwards using a gust of wind he makes when floating down to the ground like Gamenwatch

D

Deleted member

Oh god no Bandana Dee is infinitely more likely then any Xenoblade character
I respectfully disagree, but that is just my feeling.

I still think Bandana Dee is highly likely though. I am sure he did well on the Ballot and I bet that his most recent roles caught Sakurai's attention.
I'm hoping he makes it in. He's either in my top 5 or 3 newcomers for Smash Ultimate.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
He'd probably just have standard double jump like most non-flyingcharacters, with his helicopter spin as a recovery
He’ll probably have as many jumps as other Kirby characters since that would fit in line with his appearances. I do agree that the Helicopter spear will be his recovery though.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
I feel like he’d have two or three less than Kirby myself. (Unless they decide to take a page out of Battle Royale and make him float like Kirby for his double jumps.)

But yeah, copter recovery or bust.

Anop

Smash Apprentice
Man the wait is gonna be hella long.. Probally the next direct or announcement will happen in October or something like that..

Top Bottom