• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
I can see what you mean, but I'm also personally iffy on changing Bandana boy's most defining trait, design wise. (Edit: I still really like the sailor hat tho it's GOAT.) But that's how I view it.
I think it has a shot at making it in, maybe they can change the name to Sailor Dee to distinguish the two, like Olimar and Alph. I can easily see the Sailor hat making it as the creator of this game is Sakurai, you know, the guy who loves to cram Kirby Super Star down Smash players’ throats. With a big character like Sailor Dee, that he created, having a base model to use, I can totally see Sakurai using it as an opportunity to throw another Super Star reference in. Heck, he could be an echo that uses the Parasol instead, as obvious clones aren’t out of the realm of possibility, right Dark Pit.

Actually, this would be a cool idea. Sailor Dee attacks with the parasol instead. His up B can be changed to a spinning version of the Friend Parasol from Star Allies, his side B can be changed to Heavy Lobster jumping around, He can keep the Down B as the canon fits the Halberd theme, and his neutral B can be throwing swords from Blade and Sword Knight as they were Metaknight’s helpers in the anime.

No one mentions cleaning Kirby and his bandana
Fun fact: There are actually two cleaning Kirby bandanas they can use as alternates. The Star Allies version has green stars and is white, while the original bandana design that came from the Kirby anime was yellow and also had green stars.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How possible do you think it would be for Sailor Waddle Dee to get the Alph treatment?

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
How possible do you think it would be for Sailor Waddle Dee to get the Alph treatment?
Not terribly likely I think, since we've never seen the Sailor Waddle Dee in combat, nor has the guy been in a particularly starring role. Though he is somewhat popular I think, and from Super Star, which Sakurai can't get enough of it seems, so it could maybe happen. I'm more partial to the idea of Bandana Dee wearing a tiny sailor hat atop his bandanna myself though.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
So are there any leaks about bandana dee
The only thing we have to go on right now is that Amiibo thing where there is some data on the Waddle Dee Kirby Amiibo that means a 2nd version of a Waddle Dee Amiibo will be made, like how Daisy has two Amiibos now since there is the generic Mario Series one and then the Smash Series one. So people are assuming then that means Waddle Dee is in Smash.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
I doubt Zero is making an appearance, it would seem incredibly odd to reference the Dark Matter trilogy at this point in time, especially considering the fact that the other "Zero" as opposed to Mega Man's is likely just to reference the Pyrosphere enemies, given now that we've got a conflict with that stage and Ridley being playable.

Sailor Dee as an alt/echo probably isn't very likely either. Aside from Revenge of Meta Knight he made one cameo in Mass Attack. Remember Captain Vul? Yeah.. neither do I.

As easy as they are to make, characters like Alph or Wireframe Mac definitely have more going for them relevancy-wise to be included as a costume. And given the fact that Bandana Dee's defining trait is his bandana.. well, let's just see if he we can first at least get his Rainbow Curse palettes.

Waddle_dude

Smash Cadet
Hi every one new to this website but bandana Dee is my number one wanted new comer since the smash ballot. Just wanted to say how would y’all feel if he didn’t even get a trailer? I know we all want Waddle Dee but we also know he isn’t the most hype newcomer ( at least to everyone else we’d be hype af lol) I would be totally cool if they just announced him as a new comer on the website and gave us his character over view. Thoughts?

Sheng Long

Smash Apprentice
I can just almost see it... I can almost TASTE the reveal for Bandana Dee. I'm really hoping he gets in as he is one of my most wanted characters for Smash (definitely top 5).

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
Hi every one new to this website but bandana Dee is my number one wanted new comer since the smash ballot. Just wanted to say how would y’all feel if he didn’t even get a trailer? I know we all want Waddle Dee but we also know he isn’t the most hype newcomer ( at least to everyone else we’d be hype af lol) I would be totally cool if they just announced him as a new comer on the website and gave us his character over view. Thoughts?
I would feel rather cheated if he didn't even get a splash screen, especially since the reveal trailers so far have been really really good. But hey, if he's in the game then I can't complain too much, can I?

Last edited:

BandanaDeemon

Smash Apprentice
Haltman after getting the infinity nova:SNAP
Also Kirby as avengers
Kirby:iron man(robobot suit) Metaknight:Captain America Dedede:Thor(has hammer) bandana dee:Hawkeye Gamora:Susie Dormamu:zero Magalor:dr.strange Ultron:Star dream Hulk:Rick

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
The only thing we have to go on right now is that Amiibo thing where there is some data on the Waddle Dee Kirby Amiibo that means a 2nd version of a Waddle Dee Amiibo will be made, like how Daisy has two Amiibos now since there is the generic Mario Series one and then the Smash Series one. So people are assuming then that means Waddle Dee is in Smash.
About that... https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76879562

But don't worry, Bandana Dee doesn't need some silly rumours from a troll to have high chances and support.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Bandanna Dee was always a character I was partial towards. Since Smash 4, I always saw him as an excuse to give Kirby another rep, with the added bit of "because he's relevant!". Not to mention, I never was exactly... fond, of the character, I suppose? I dunno, he seemed little more than a particularly fashionable baddie to me. It's not that I disliked him for it, or at all, I was just ambivalent towards him, so the notion of him being in Smash never struck a cord with me. I would've not minded him being in, and I wasn't the littlest bit mad or glad that he wasn't.

However, while my views on the character haven't changed much, the way Smash handles its newcomers has finally gotten over its relevancy phase, and long time favorites have finally started getting the recognition they deserve. However, between Smash 4 and Ultimate, I noticed Bandanna Dee has been getting a ton of recognition from both fans and Nintendo/HAL, given all the promotion he's getting. Bandanna has seemingly gone from a mere mook with a fancy cap as a stand in for player 4, to a recurring main character in the Kirby series. I think that is pretty admirable.

Honestly, after all this time, it's in my believe that Bandanna Dee has "earned" his spot in Smash. I think he just might get in this time, and then time, I'd be much more enthusiastic about his inclusion than I was 5 years ago.

And by that I mean, I'd just go "Huh, that's neat". But at least I'd know a lot of people would be happy about him.

Waddle_dude

Smash Cadet
I would feel rather cheated if he didn't even get a splash screen, especially since the reveal trailers so far have been really really good. But hey, if he's in the game then I can't complain too much, can I?
True I’d love to see his own reveal trailer and splash screen but I’m not trying to be greedy just him being in the game is all I need.

About that... https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76879562

But don't worry, Bandana Dee doesn't need some silly rumours from a troll to have high chances and support.
Sigh I know it’s all speculation but seeing that amiibo leak was like a nice shining light so I won’t say seeing it deconfirmed didn’t hurt a bit but I’m still holding on to hope for best bandana boi!

DuckHuntDork

Smash Rookie
NNID
TripleChin
3DS FC
1332-8230-8977
Switch FC
SW-5201-3372-9343
I love this thread so much. Please add me to the supporters list!

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Bandanna Dee was always a character I was partial towards. Since Smash 4, I always saw him as an excuse to give Kirby another rep, with the added bit of "because he's relevant!". Not to mention, I never was exactly... fond, of the character, I suppose? I dunno, he seemed little more than a particularly fashionable baddie to me. It's not that I disliked him for it, or at all, I was just ambivalent towards him, so the notion of him being in Smash never struck a cord with me. I would've not minded him being in, and I wasn't the littlest bit mad or glad that he wasn't.

However, while my views on the character haven't changed much, the way Smash handles its newcomers has finally gotten over its relevancy phase, and long time favorites have finally started getting the recognition they deserve. However, between Smash 4 and Ultimate, I noticed Bandanna Dee has been getting a ton of recognition from both fans and Nintendo/HAL, given all the promotion he's getting. Bandanna has seemingly gone from a mere mook with a fancy cap as a stand in for player 4, to a recurring main character in the Kirby series. I think that is pretty admirable.

Honestly, after all this time, it's in my believe that Bandanna Dee has "earned" his spot in Smash. I think he just might get in this time, and then time, I'd be much more enthusiastic about his inclusion than I was 5 years ago.

And by that I mean, I'd just go "Huh, that's neat". But at least I'd know a lot of people would be happy about him.
Hey! I remember you! haha.
Cool, thanks for posting here and being honest about what you think.

Sigh I know it’s all speculation but seeing that amiibo leak was like a nice shining light so I won’t say seeing it deconfirmed didn’t hurt a bit but I’m still holding on to hope for best bandana boi!
Exactly!

Also, try to not double post (making two different posts in a row), it's against the rules of the forum.
If you posted something and want to say another thing, but your post is still the last one on the thread, you have to edit it to add more content.

Here is how to edit your post:

Captura de pantalla (26).png

I love this thread so much. Please add me to the supporters list!
Sure!
Welcome!

Last edited:

BandanaDeemon

Smash Apprentice
Haltman after getting the infinity nova:SNAP
Also Kirby as avengers
Kirby:iron man(robobot suit) Metaknight:Captain America Dedede:Thor(has hammer) bandana dee:Hawkeye Gamora:Susie Dormamu:zero Magalor:dr.strange Ultron:Star dream Hulk:Rick
Also the one guy called squid ward in infinity war is hyness and rocket raccoon is the cat thing and groot is whispy.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
I mean, Memoryman's an... interesting source. He's known for being biased towards Daisy from what I've heard. So for all we know, the datamine could be fake, but it also could be real and this is his way of making people shut up about it since he doesn't care for the smol boi. Simply put: We don't know whether he was talking out of his arse, or even when.

Not like Bandana Lad even needs some ambiguous amiibo datamine. His presence during the ballot (Especially in Japan), and unique moveset potential Sakurai tends to look for alone should give him a good chance. Technically being one of his creations should also give him a slight edge. His chances are high, even without Amiibo data.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Bandana Dee was also very high on the ballot, and with his competition dwindling I think he has a shot. According to some chart, he did take 4th in Japan, 2nd if you take out Returning fighters Roy and Wolf.

We’ve already gotten 3 Ballot picks with K Rool And the Inklings joining as completely new fighters and having one echo being Daisy (Probably only high thanks to Memorymam3). You can technically say 6 though as Roy, Wolf, and Snake are returning as they were high up on the ballot, though Roy was already in.

Then we got 2 characters thanks to the history of Smash demands. Ridley may not have been on the ballot, but years of complaining since Melee earned him a place on the roster regardless. Chrom was also not in the ballot, but the reactions to Robin being in proved that Chrom was popular enough to get in.

Then we got Simon and Richter thanks to popularity. I don’t know which type it was though, because I really only heard Simon’s name recently, so it could be Ballot or just general Smash history.

Dark Samus was the only oddball pick, but she made sense when you factor in that the Smash community wanted two things; They wanted more Metroid characters and they wanted more villains, so here’s a character that’s easy to make and fits both criteria.

I guess my point is, Sakurai seems to be taking all the popular characters, so I would expect the Dee to make it in through popularity. There are probably at least 9 Newcomer spots (echos don’t count) and with 4 characters already revealed, I think the next 5 will probably be Bandana Dee (Kirby), Issac (Golden Sun), a gen 7 Pokémon, Rex and Pyra (Xenoblade), and of course a new third party. I have no idea what the third party pick will be, but my bets are on two characters, one being Steve for a Microsoft pick as he is very important to gaming and indies while also being important to Nintendo with crossplay, he was also a very popular pick on Miiverse. My other bet is Rayman as Ubisoft is close with Nintendo at the moments, Ubisoft never disclosed the Artsyomni situation, Rayman was popular on the ballot, and Sakurai was literally sent a full 3D model of the limbless wonder. The 3rd party could also be Geno, but I’m hoping it’s not as I would love a new company to join like Ubisoft.

I will say, I think the Dee has the highest shot at getting in, so I hope he makes it.

BandanaDeemon

Smash Apprentice
Kirby:all women are queens(gets zap sword copy ability)
Hyness:if she breaths......(unhoods himself)SHES A THOT
Bandana dee:if she doesn’t then it’s your fault bye!
Dead generals:dead

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
How would you guys react if some other Kirby character was revealed for Smash?

I'd have incredibly mixed feelings myself.

On one hand, having a new Kirby character would be nice since I feel like the series is overdue for a fourth newcomer, and if it were someone like Dark Matter, Adeleine, or Magolor, it would at least show Sakurai showing some Kirby games he didn't make some love. And I have little doubt that they'd be fun to play, and I'm fond of pretty much every Kirby character.

However, getting someone before Dee, the established number four of the series at this point who's been coming into his own over half a decade (and a good boi) just... wouldn't really sit well with me. Especially since, if another Kirby character was revealed before him, in spite everything working in his favor, then it would indicate that Sakurai intentionally passed over him in favor of someone else, meaning it's unlikely he'd ever get in. And of course, you'd have a bunch of people saying "lol, see? He was just a boring Goomba with a hat, why did anyone want him?"

I dunno, I realize that this isn't very likely since, as we've established, if Dee weren't playable, then Assist Trophy is the only role that would make sense considering his status, and Chef Kawasaki seems to be taking that role. Not to mention how any other Kirby character would break the Newcomer trend of being highly requested picks. But it's something I've been thinking about nonetheless.

Last edited:

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
How would you guys react if some other Kirby character was revealed for Smash?

I'd have incredibly mixed feelings myself.

On one hand, having a new Kirby character would be nice since I feel like the series is overdue for a fourth newcomer, and if it were someone like Dark Matter, Adeleine, or Magolor, it would at least show Sakurai showing some Kirby games he didn't make some love. And I have little doubt that they'd be fun to play, and I'm fond of pretty much every Kirby character.

However, getting someone before Dee, the established number four of the series at this point who's been coming into his own over half a decade (and a good boi) just... wouldn't really sit well with me. Especially since, if another Kirby character was revealed before him, in spite everything working in his favor, then it would indicate that Sakurai intentionally passed over him in favor of someone else, meaning it's unlikely he'd ever get in. And of course, you'd have a bunch of people saying "lol, see? He was just a boring Goomba with a hat, why did anyone want him?"

I dunno, I realize that this isn't very likely since, as we've established, if Dee weren't playable, then Assist Trophy is the only role that would make sense considering his status, and Chef Kawasaki seems to be taking that role. Not to mention how any other Kirby character would break the Newcomer trend of being highly requested picks. But it's something I've been thinking about nonetheless.
I have to agree with you. A fourth Kirby character would still be very nice. But... Bandana Dee's shown how much of an icon he is to the Kirby series at this point, being the poster boy for Waddle Dees in general (who are the most adorable things to have ever been created), alongside being great friends with both Dedede and Kirby, and a very popular pick, as well. It would be a shame if he weren't chosen out of all Kirby characters. I would love someone like Daroach, Prince Fluff, or Magolor myself. (Marx is the only one that would admittedly make me mad because HEY DID SOMEONE SAY MORE SUPER STAR but that's just me.) But with how much Bandana Dee's been fleshed out as a character over the years, and how, for a lack of better word, natural it is to see him alongside the other main characters (Return to Dreamland's intro and cutscenes really solidifies it for me.) I would lie if I said I wouldn't be the slightest bit disappointed if someone else got in over him.

The only ones I would be able to accept are Magolor and Galacta Knight (even if with a few sighs of sadness) or maybe Dark Matter. (Depending on if HAL's actually been building up towards something when considering the final arena when tackling Guest Star with a post-launch Dream Friend.) But with the Galacta already being there in the form as a MK colour, that's not happening, even as an echo fighter. That just leaves Magolor (assuming the thing with Dark Matter doesn't happen), who has atleast held some form of relevancy to the Kirby series, even if it is minor. (Only had 3 appearances. Most recent appearance was Team Kirby Clash Deluxe, though he's bound to appear in Star Allies as well, though I consider non-launch Dream Friends glorified cameos.) But it still heavily pales compared to the past decade in which Bandana Boy's character has been built on.

...And I'll admit. Spears are my favourite (martial) weapons, so I kind of have a bias towards that. And if they incorporate parasol in it as well that would be even more lovely. The moveset potential he has may be incredibly simple, but oh so unique. And that's part of the reason he's my most wanted by far.

Though, I have to be honest. Once Bandana Dee gets in there's very little I would complain about.

Was Beyonetta carried by Westerners then?
If I recall correctly, Bayonetta claimed #1 in Europe and was in the top 5 in the U.S.. so yeah, she mostly was.
...Though I still have trouble believing it. Development on Bayonetta started about two weeks after the ballot started, I recall hearing.

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
Was Beyonetta carried by Westerners then?
I went back to the Beyo announcement and it said she was Top 5 in US and 1st in Europe, they didn't mention Japan.
*from realistic options.
It was in the fine print
Plus Datamines say that she was already in the game from before April first of the ballot announcement
With Cloud
The ballot was for Ultimate.
This is a sample size of Japan.

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Add me to the support list, jefe. Return to Dreamland was the first Kirby game I played, I have fun memories of co-oping with my siblings through it. I want Bandana Dee in so he can join his Dreamland friends in battle. Plus, given how influential the ballot has been so far, I'm very confident in his inclusion. Good luck to us all.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
*from realistic options.
It was in the fine print
Plus Datamines say that she was already in the game from before April first of the ballot announcement
With Cloud
The ballot was for Ultimate.
This is a sample size of Japan.
so she didnt win the ballot after all, i knew it

11th

Smash Apprentice
The problem for most potential Kirby reps is that they aren't mainstays -- HAL has a habit of bringing in a new set of characters every game and leaving the old ones behind. Look at Magolor: Even though he has held on for a bit, having made a few appearances in side games, he seems to be on his way out. Susie is falling off even faster than him with the release of Star Allies. Taranz-who? This has been the case even as far back as the Sakurai days. Marx is a popular villain, but is a one-off, and until recently didn't even get many cameos or references. The original animal buddies have one of the longest records with a whopping two main game appearances, but were dropped 20 years ago and haven't been seen outside of cameos since.

The fact that this little Waddle Dee has managed to hold on for this long should be proof enough that he deserves to be placed ahead of other remaining Kirby characters. He's only the second character to have done so in the series' history. (Meta Knight being the first.)

(Feel free to add me to the support list, I guess. I'm not really an "active" supporter as I feel he's in a pretty stable position, but I do like the Kirby series, would not object to a fourth rep, and can't really justify anyone else getting in before him.)

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
The problem for most potential Kirby reps is that they aren't mainstays -- HAL has a habit of bringing in a new set of characters every game and leaving the old ones behind. Look at Mogalor: Even though he has held on for a bit, having made a few appearances in side games, he seems to be on his way out. Susie is falling off even faster than him with the release of Star Allies. Taranz-who? This has been the case even as far back as the Sakurai days. Marx is a popular villain, but is a one-off, and until recently didn't even get many cameos or references. The original animal buddies have one of the longest records with a whopping two main game appearances, but were dropped 20 years ago and haven't been seen outside of cameos since.

The fact that this little Waddle Dee has managed to hold on for this long should be proof enough that he deserves to be placed ahead of other remaining Kirby characters. He's only the second character to have done so in the series' history. (Meta Knight being the first.)

(Feel free to add me to the support list, I guess. I'm not really an "active" supporter as I feel he's in a pretty stable position, but I do like the Kirby series, would not object to a fourth rep, and can't really justify anyone else getting in before him.)
to be fair maglor and taranza have been since their first games

Top Bottom