• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

D

Deleted member

All leaks are fake until proven otherwise. So that's a big No for me.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Given that Bandana Waddle Dee was the second most wanted newcomer according to the Japanese Ballot, I think he is arguably the most likely newcomer yet to be revealed. The fact he wasn't present in DeDeDe's final smash and the inclusion of Mr. Saturn on the Pikmin despite not being a playable character is kinda odd.

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
Found a little something while browsing Youtube. A fanmade codec for the Dee.
Otacon makes a "Goomba with a hat" comment, but at least Snake seems to be a fan.

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
alright then lets have everyone tell us their ideas for bandana dee spin-offs
Metanightmare styled mode where Bandana travels through Dreamland saving Waddle Dees from certain dangers. For the Final Boss you fight Kirby possed by some evil thing and afterwards team up with him to stop it idk.

BandanaDeemon

Smash Apprentice
Kirby mass attack but the star is a spear and you have Bandana dee commanding waddle dees to save his friends

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Dreamland Royal Assistant Simulator 2K18

You'd have to play as Bandana Dee and complete fun tasks such as cleaning the floor, using a fan and becoming the personal air conditioner for King Dedede, giving King Dedede food every 10 minutes, and last but not least keeping an eye out for any borbs.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Found a little something while browsing Youtube. A fanmade codec for the Dee.
Otacon makes a "Goomba with a hat" comment, but at least Snake seems to be a fan.
That "banana" comment was just perfect. :laugh:
It's a waddle dee solo game where he has a spear gun.
View attachment 155322
Nintendo, this one's on me.
With all those seals of quality you know it has to be good. I can't wait to play Bandana Dee dee Waddle Dee for the Nintendo Switch.
KING DEDEDE IS A BORB?!?!?!
It's his darkest secret. We all thought he was a penguin, but in actuality he is merely a borb in disguise.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Spinoff-RPG where Kirby's mouth is sealed and Bandana Dee has to unseal it by kicking the perp's ass. Dee's accompanied by an original (and almost cliché sassy in the vein of whatever the crown thingy was called in Sticker Star) ally who gives him the nickname Bandy (the name he was supposedly originally gonna get). Other party members include Meta Knight, Dedede, Gooey, Ribbon, and Adeleine. (And maybe The Squeaks and Rick, Kine and Koo in some shape or form.)

....I actually want this to be a thing, to be fair.
Or just a full-on Kirby RPG in general like heck.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Realistically? I'd say we might very well get a Dedede's Drum Dash type of subgame starring the Dee in the next mainline Kirby game. I mean, there's actually a pretty great chance of this. And then, it would naturally get a deluxe version as a separate release, thus giving him his own game.

As for what the gameplay would entail? Well, Bdee can fill pretty much any role, so the gameplay could be anything. As most of the better subgames (AKA the handheld ones) have been trying out different genres that Kirby hasn't done, I'd like to see Bdee get one of those. At this point, one of the only genres not done is RPG, which would be perfect for the Dee. And yes, I'm aware of Kirby Quest--but c'mon, we all know that's just a simpler Megaton Punch with a new skin. I'm talking about an actual, fleshed out RPG, though simplified in true Kirby fashion, and shortened.

Just imagine it: Bdee has to save BOTH Kirby and King Dedede, so he must travel the land, recruiting helpers to aid him. Each one would have only a few attacks, but it would be enough for some light strategy. A rudimentary elemental system based off Star Allies', combining abilities to take advantage of it, turn based battles...basically, the kind of subgame Star Allies SHOULD have had. They already have all the models and animations--just change the format and you've got a whole new game.

If we're lucky, they'll use Star Allies' engine to make a fighting game or something similar, and a Bandana Dee mode like this will be included. I'll be crossing my fingers for it anyway, lol.

Edit: I appear to have been Biosparked.:p At least one thing is clear: we obviously all want a Kirby RPG.

Come on, HAL. The market is there.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't know why Nintendo hasn't tried more RPG spin-offs besides Mario. Kirby and Donkey Kong are absolutely ripe for them.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Can't believe I haven't posted in here yet, I've loved (Bandanna) Waddle Dee since kirby 64, I exclusively played as him in the multiplayer mode in Kirby 64. Something about Dee has always appealed to me, like he knows he's not the main hero, but still tries his best regardless. I support!

I don't know why Nintendo hasn't tried more RPG spin-offs besides Mario. Kirby and Donkey Kong are absolutely ripe for them.
Ok, this might be a bit out there, but what about a Smash Bros. RPG spin off?

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
Can't believe I haven't posted in here yet, I've loved (Bandanna) Waddle Dee since kirby 64, I exclusively played as him in the multiplayer mode in Kirby 64. Something about Dee has always appealed to me, like he knows he's not the main hero, but still tries his best regardless. I support!

Ok, this might be a bit out there, but what about a Smash Bros. RPG spin off?
Super Smash RPG would be amazing. While Smash brings all these characters into one game, there hasn't been much in terms of specific crossover character interactions, with the exception of Brawl, and even then, there's no dialogue. A Smash RPG would definitely rectify that.

It's especially cool to imagine the recruitment requirements that each character could have. Perhaps in order to get Pichu, Jigglypuff, and Greninja, you need to recruit Pokemon Trainer first, and then it becomes like a traditional Pokemon battle where you have to lower their health and then throw a Pokeball at them. To get Wario you need to beat a bunch of mooks who have specific weaknesses in a short amount of time like a Microgame in WarioWare. There's really a lot of potential of a game like that.

On another note, I think a little RPG subgame would be perfect for Bandana Dee. Maybe something where he has to recruit the various creatures throughout Pop Star by completing missions or meeting certain criteria. I think it sounds fitting for the little guy. It actually would have made sense as a subgame in Star Allies considering how that game is all about recruiting enemies to help you.

Last edited:

BandanaDeemon

Smash Apprentice
In a Kirby rpg I imagine king Dedede being a bruiser,Meta Knight a rouge or warrior,bandana dee as a rouge or wizard with beam whip as wizard,Kirby as an all around,there could be other characters but I’m to lazy

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
if we are talking spin off then how about Kirby avalanche but with bandana dee on the quest to make the best apple juice.

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
if we are talking spin off then how about Kirby avalanche but with bandana dee on the quest to make the best apple juice.
Ah ha, a Bandana Dee Puzzle game. That would be pretty cool, Dedede gets a rhythm game, and Bandana Dee gets a puzzle game (So I guess Meta Knight could get.... a visual novel dating sim? :p).

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Ah ha, a Bandana Dee Puzzle game. That would be pretty cool, Dedede gets a rhythm game, and Bandana Dee gets a puzzle game (So I guess Meta Knight could get.... a visual novel dating sim? :p).
for the love of all that is holy we dont need to relive what happened in the smash 4 hype cycle with this thread again...

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
for the love of all that is holy we dont need to relive what happened in the smash 4 hype cycle with this thread again...
I'm sorry, I wasn't on this thread at all during the Smash 4 days. What are you referring to exactly?

Last edited:

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
We all agreed not to talk about it if you'd like it's in the old forum.
The old thread is huge, so it would take ages to find what you're talking about unless I get lucky. It would be helpful if you could let me know what not to say so that I don't repeat the mistake, but if not, then I'll just make sure not to mention anything the way I did in that previous comment. I'm sorry if I inadvertently brought up a sensitive topic, I swear that all I intended was to make a lighthearted joke.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Bandana Dee popularity is stronger then ever glad he's done well. Codec was made by Blocked Content right? Guy's amazing and a jolly dude. All the best to him.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
The old thread is huge, so it would take ages to find what you're talking about unless I get lucky. It would be helpful if you could let me know what not to say so that I don't repeat the mistake, but if not, then I'll just make sure not to mention anything the way I did in that previous comment. I'm sorry if I inadvertently brought up a sensitive topic, I swear that all I intended was to make a lighthearted joke.
no worries the whole thing came about with a certain image that we joked with then got a bit off the rails and lewd. its all good my dude.

so the start of august and Im already expecting the next big character reveal to come out any day now. you think Bandana Dee is next?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
i need a link to that i dont want to miss it
www.twitch.tv/evo

I don't think we'll get a new character announcement until Sunday, if we get any at all. (Nintendo generally announces characters through things that they have complete control over, like E3 presentations, Nintendo Directs, or the official website) Still, more Smash Ultimate gameplay couldn't hurt.

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
no worries the whole thing came about with a certain image that we joked with then got a bit off the rails and lewd. its all good my dude.

so the start of august and Im already expecting the next big character reveal to come out any day now. you think Bandana Dee is next?
Thanks for clearing that up. Yeahhh, just from what little you said, it certainly doesn't sound very pleasant at all. I'll make sure not to mention anything of the sort again.

On the subject of EVO, I think that IF a character is revealed (And that's a big if), then sadly I wouldn't expect it to be Dee. For the kind of event EVO is, I would expect either a longtime requested character like K. Rool or Geno, or another fighting game character if we're getting one, like Heihachi, or Spring Man if he actually wasn't too late. Dee seems more like a character akin to Rosalina or Little Mac to be revealed in a Direct, since he's just such a natural and logical choice.

But again, the likelihood of a character being revealed at EVO in the first place is very much slim. But hopefully we'll get to see some neat new Ultimate footage. I'm hoping for a new demo that has some characters we haven't seen fully in action yet (Especially Dedede).

Last edited:

The Eternal Penguin

Smash Apprentice
Heya people. Just stopping by to give my official support for this little guy, I've loved him ever since I played Return to Dreamland.

I voted for him on the ballot and he was my most wanted character for smash 4. Now I think his chances are even better, and I will be shocked if he is not in Ultimate.

D

Deleted member

I would not think we would get an announcement here. Doubt it just enjoy EVO and the amazing Super Smash Bros. Melee, Brawl and Sma4sh players they, are putting on some good matches, and deserve the support. If you guys don't care that's fine.

Don't worry hopefully Bandana Dee is unveiled soon. August now September, and October soon I think news is coming, hopefully he's in it.

D

Deleted member

We weren't going to get information in July that I always assumed it being so soon after E3 doubted it,

This month, eh? Still kind of up in the air we'll see.

September and October we'll find out soon.

Top Bottom