• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

BandanaDeemon

Smash Apprentice
Bandana dee
DEEstroys the battle
WADDLES in
At your service!
Floats in!(umbrella)
Helicopters into battle!

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Man, I wish they like announced that it's going to be tomorrow, cause I don't wanna wait for three days, haha.

But man, I've gotta keep my expectations low. I want Bandana Dee and K. Rool so much, but I feel like they're going to reveal a character that I'm wholly indifferent to. Well, no matter who it is, this could give us an idea of who's to come, and it's exciting to learn more about the game in general.
I feel the exact same! At this point, practically every possible character they could show would be hype, but there's still a few "meh" ones out there. I'm just hoping for one of the top speculation picks, if only because I want this fan favorite fulfillment theme started by Ridley to continue.

But you're right, gotta keep the hype in check! The point is, we're getting new info, and almost certainly at least one character reveal. That should be exciting enough on its own!

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
o great i have work during that time if anyone wou;d be kind enough to send me a link to the video without any spoilers that would be appreciated.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
But man, I've gotta keep my expectations low. I want Bandana Dee and K. Rool so much, but I feel like they're going to reveal a character that I'm wholly indifferent to. Well, no matter who it is, this could give us an idea of who's to come, and it's exciting to learn more about the game in general.
Yeah, it's slightly making me not want to see the Direct. I'm now only expecting Ashley at the end due her being so heavily hinted/pushed by the entire Smash-community as of late. :rolleyes:

BandanaDeemon

Smash Apprentice
First they show the fountain of dreams in the start of the direct and then bandana dee swims out of the water at the end of the direct and the direct is over

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
Bandana Comic.png

Aw yeah boys. It's that time once again. Time to get our hopes up only for them to come crashing down.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Am I the only one who doesn't want Fountain of Dreams to be Bandana Dees stage. I want them both, but I want something new for Bandana Dee. Like from Planet Robobot or Star Allies.

BandanaDeemon

Smash Apprentice
Dyna blades nest could be cool,at day the 2 plat forms spin but when dyna blade screeches it’s night and they go up and down (various things fly in the background of the stage)

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who doesn't want Fountain of Dreams to be Bandana Dees stage. I want them both, but I want something new for Bandana Dee. Like from Planet Robobot or Star Allies.
I agree in the sense that the Fountain of Dreams wouldn't be super fitting as a Bandana Dee stage specifically (And I definitely agree that I want a stage based off of the newer games. We STILL don't have a stage based on a Kirby game that came out after Super Star). But I think that it would still be a nice thing to include as a reveal along with him in say, Bandana Dee's reveal trailer, alongside a new stage hopefully (I believe that Greninja's reveal trailer also revealed the Kalos League stage right?).

Plus, it would certainly make a certain Star Allies puzzle piece page a bit more... interesting in hindsight, let's say.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Oh, you're not alone, no. Like ZTurtle ZTurtle said, I'd like to see Fountain of Dreams come back, possibly as part of Bdee's trailer, but there definitely should be a new Kirby stage as well.

Star Allies was likely too early in development to pull a stage from, so I'd say Planet Robobot has the best shot. On that note, how about a Star Dream stage? It's basically Nova, so Sakurai can claim it as part of his own Kirby work, lol.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I'm literally having the most nocturnal sleep schedule; Why it gotta be at 7am....looks like I have to just do an all nighter lmao

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
I'm literally having the most nocturnal sleep schedule; Why it gotta be at 7am....looks like I have to just do an all nighter lmao
I totally feel your pain man. I've been sleeping at like, 4 AM for these past few days, and I'm not sure if I can calm down my hype Tuesday night to be able to sleep right away. I might just end up staying up all the way to 7 AM... which is certainly not a good thing since school starts for me in a week...

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Awesome to hear we're having a direct.

And as much as I doubt Sakurai would be willing to add a Kirby stage from the more modern titles, I think Access Ark could be interesting.

Specifically this area. You remember, where you fight Haltmann, and all of Star Dream's creations? It might need to be a bit bigger, but I think it could definitely be interesting, with Star Dream in the background and everything.

At the same time we're still waiting on the Gameboy Dream Land AND Fountain of Dreams, though.

BandanaDeemon

Smash Apprentice
Not a big fan of game bot dream land,cool stage and all but just shows how Sakurai for some reason dislikes modern kirby

D

Deleted member

Keeping expectectations in check will be happy of announcements. Regardless of what.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I totally feel your pain man. I've been sleeping at like, 4 AM for these past few days, and I'm not sure if I can calm down my hype Tuesday night to be able to sleep right away. I might just end up staying up all the way to 7 AM... which is certainly not a good thing since school starts for me in a week...
Duuuuuude same... I start school next Monday; even tho i made my classes like midday I still feel that first day is gonna be hell. Truth be told if heihachi or bandana dee get in, I think i'll drop this final summer week sleep I've been having (hopefully).

DeeDz

Smash Rookie
EVERYONE!
WE NEED TO WATCH THE DIRECT TOGETHER WHEN IT COMES OUT! I KNOW ITS A BIT TOO EARLY BUT IM IN A ANOTHER COUNTRY SO YEAH.
WE NEED TO MAKE A TIME FOR ALL OF US TO WATCH IT.
Thank you for your time.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I
EVERYONE!
WE NEED TO WATCH THE DIRECT TOGETHER WHEN IT COMES OUT! I KNOW ITS A BIT TOO EARLY BUT IM IN A ANOTHER COUNTRY SO YEAH.
WE NEED TO MAKE A TIME FOR ALL OF US TO WATCH IT.
Thank you for your time.
It's going to be midnight my time so that's unlikely unfortunately. Plus I'd hate to lag behind and have people spoil it for me.

I'd love to watch it with others though, I just have too many concerns on things going wrong.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I

It's going to be midnight my time so that's unlikely unfortunately. Plus I'd hate to lag behind and have people spoil it for me.

I'd love to watch it with others though, I just have too many concerns on things going wrong.
E3's stream gave me fits so I'm paranoid something like that will happen again while I'm talking with somebody. But it seems like this direct is at a horrible time anyways for most people aside from those in Europe.

It would be loads of fun though. as long as you get a character you want :p

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I just noticed we're at 50 pages and almost at 2000 posts. That's awesome.

We should try and time post 2000 with potential bandana reveal on Wednesday.

BandanaDeemon

Smash Apprentice
When he’s revealed I’ll blink

Edit:I JUST HAD AN IDEA,use blog posts witch have two fighters and use the realease date to predict how much blog posts and fighters were getting...it could work.i suck at math tho

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Not a big fan of game bot dream land,cool stage and all but just shows how Sakurai for some reason dislikes modern kirby
A few reasons why Sakurai doesn't pay much mind to most Kirby games:

1. He isn't fond of the sequelization of the gaming industry. As you can imagine, he is reluctant at the idea of making more Smash sequels (especially since Kirby won't stop getting new hats).
2. He's really only interested in covering the games that he had a personal hand in (KDL1, Kirby's Adventure, KSS and Air Ride), which he has an attachment to, anything else barely exists in his eyes.
3. Some outside meddling during Air Ride's development soured him from working on the Kirby franchise altogether anymore.

So, the longer Sakurai stays onboard, the more outdated Kirby content will become in Smash. Even Donkey Kong is being more up-to-date with modern entries with its stages, despite having less characters than Kirby.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
While I'm expecting Dee in the game, I don't know whether or not to expect him in the direct. Heihachi is a theory due to the direct's date possibly being a hint.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Hope to see Bandana Dee on Wednesday.

Also I’m all for the Fountain of Dreams idea, but what if we get a new Kirby stage instead? I feel Dedede’s Castle has a good shot at being the new Super Star stage this time.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Or just a stage from the newer games like dream palace
Sakurai never puts new stages in though, all of Kirby’s stages have been based on Dreamland or Super Star, so why change now. Dedede’s castle is at least in more than 1 game, so I’m supporting it.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Sakurai never puts new stages in though, all of Kirby’s stages have been based on Dreamland or Super Star, so why change now. Dedede’s castle is at least in more than 1 game, so I’m supporting it.
That's a really stupid reason not to put a recent Kirby stage.

REALLY stupid

The fact we haven't had one is exactly the reason why we should get one

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
That's a really stupid reason not to put a recent Kirby stage.

REALLY stupid

The fact we haven't had one is exactly the reason why we should get one
Not meaning to say we shouldn’t get one, I was trying to joke about how Sakurai is extremely bias with Kirby. He only puts in things from his games, not modern titles. Luckily the Final Smashes have changed to things from modern titles, but Sakurai has a track record of only supporting older titles in Smash. Makes me a little worried about Bandana Dee’s chances in all honesty.

Anop

Smash Apprentice
NINTENDO DEERECT!

Also, guys, please, if you are not in the supporters list, tag me and I will add you, I don't want to read so many pages hahaha.

Now I will add @Latdrop and DeeDz DeeDz .
Add me please! I REALLY want Bandana Dee in!! Can't wait for this direct to come up! Even tho my expectations are fairly low and I'm afraid of the possible characters being disconfirmed due to being assist trophies and whatnot.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Ok, in case I'm not on it yet, Chandeelure Chandeelure

Anyway I have this sudden fear that Dee will be deconfirmed as an Assist Trophy. I think it will be a victory for us if we get through the Direct without him being deconfirmed. Obviously still hoping for him to show up though.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Ok, in case I'm not on it yet, Chandeelure Chandeelure

Anyway I have this sudden fear that Dee will be deconfirmed as an Assist Trophy. I think it will be a victory for us if we get through the Direct without him being deconfirmed. Obviously still hoping for him to show up though.
Yeah, I'm scared of that too.
But if he isn't playable, I want to know as soon as possible.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not expecting much on Wednesday, but hope Bandana Dee is there.

Top Bottom