• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

D

Deleted member

Hello fellow Bandana Dee supporters are Dee's chances are still strong and support is always there.

Ciro Blanco

Smash Cadet
If Super Smash Bros Ultimate is the last smash game from Sakurai, I really need Bandana Dee in this game!!!

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
I compiled a list of known points that could point towards Bandana Dee being in Smash Ultimate.
BANDANA WADDLE DEE FOR SMASH SWITCH.png

Some points carry more weight than others, like the popular in Japan point being a very valuable point, compared to the easily translatable moveset. Obviously that one still has value, but it's less than what the Japan one offers.
:193:

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
I compiled a list of known points that could point towards Bandana Dee being in Smash Ultimate.
View attachment 148624
Some points carry more weight than others, like the popular in Japan point being a very valuable point, compared to the easily translatable moveset. Obviously that one still has value, but it's less than what the Japan one offers.
:193:
Thank you for making this list, this character literally has so much going for him. The only thing I can really see stopping him from getting in is Sakurai himself. Either he just doesn't like the character or with the less newcomer approach this game he might prioritized other character. But even then we have a high chance for DLC. I really need this character.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
If Super Smash Bros Ultimate is the last smash game from Sakurai, I really need Bandana Dee in this game!!!
It might be the last game. Period. Unless they reboot it for the next one (new gameplay style?) or focus on gameplay improvements over new characters. There are just too many characters to keep it going. So I would say this is the time for popular and reasonable characters to get in Smash. And Waddle Dee does seem to be quite popular.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It might be the last game. Period. Unless they reboot it for the next one (new gameplay style?) or focus on gameplay improvements over new characters. There are just too many characters to keep it going. So I would say this is the time for popular and reasonable characters to get in Smash. And Waddle Dee does seem to be quite popular.
why do you think that?

D

Deleted member

Last game doubt it. A huge money making series like this? Nah man I think they'll keep it going. Far as Sakurai he has said every Smash might. Be his last but I do think. He'd return again for a future inturation. But what do I know? The man will do as he pleases. The series hopefully will continue. Dee coming in this version.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I'm pretty sure this is the last Smash Brothers game in the fact that whenever the next console comes out it will likely be ported rather than a new one built up from the ground.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
While I do expect this to be Sakurai's last Smash as director, I'm not quite sure what direction the series will take from here on. Maybe the next title will be a port, maybe it'll be a reboot under a new director, maybe it'll be a spinoff, I dunno. All I know is, I'm sure the series won't just drop dead after this game's done with DLC and whatnot. It's too great of a cash cow for Nintendo to just... let go when the original director decides to call it quits. That said, the likelihood that this is likely Sakurai's last Smash boosts the probability of ballot picks, i.e. us, immensely in my book.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
why do you think that?
What in particular? Why it could be the last Smash?

Well, last Smash in a sense. I doubt Nintendo would kill one of their most profitable series. But the roster is nearing 70 characters. By the time they reveal the full roster, there might be 70 or a little over the number. That by itself is a crazy number of characters for a fighting game. Very difficult to balance. The naming of the game, "Ultimate", and the saying that it would be difficult to top this game might imply a few things.

They might change the Smash formula in the next game, starting over in a sense.
They might release a new Smash but with focus on gameplay improvements, balancing, and maybe making clones/echo fighters more unique.
They might not release a new Smash. As unlikely as Game Freak stopping milking the Pokémon series to death.

Overload of characters happen very often. League of Legends went from releasing several champions a year (over 20) to releasing 4, 5 at most. The roster has almost 140 characters, but that is a moba, not a fighting game. Heroes of the Storm is only three years old (League is almost 9 years old) and already has about 80 characters. The devs already slowed down on new character releases.

Other fighting games remedy the issue but making massive cuts. Compare the Street Fighter II roster to the Street Fighter III roster, for example. Lots of new faces, but many veterans gone. That works for that kind of game, but for Smash, people would go nuts if popular veterans such as Link or Kirby were cut.

So what can they do with Smash? If they really want to keep making new Smash games as the series is right now, one way would be to completely ignore the competitive aspect of Smash and make it a party game, Balance means next to nothing for a party game. They could turn Smash into a "game as a service" and instead of releasing new titles, they would just release a new character every now and then.

This is just my theory, but some people share similar thoughts. The naming, Ultimate and the statement that there will be not a lot of newcomers aren't a coincidence. Of course, you and others are free to believe and expect a new Smash with 10~20 newcomers in a few years. It could happen.

Last edited:

WinOrTroll

Smash Rookie
I made one of those fighter cards that they showed in the character trailers for Bandana Dee.

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
thats got me thinking what would Bandana Dee's tag line be I dont want some boring thing like "waddles in to smash" maybe something more tounge n cheek line. like Ridley's

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
thats got me thinking what would Bandana Dee's tag line be I dont want some boring thing like "waddles in to smash" maybe something more tounge n cheek line. like Ridley's
I want Bandana Dee's trailer to have him come in as a deefender, kinda like Lucas' in Smash 4. For example, it shows Kirby, Dedede, and MK getting beaten up by someone (maybe Bowser, or Ridley). Then, they step in to finish them off, and out of nowhere, spear. Bandana Dee steps in to defend them. Tagline something like "Bandana Waddle Dee: Makes a Point" or something punny involving his spear. Music starts playing; either this, or a remix of this:
His Final Smash is shown: Megaton Punch.
:251:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I want Bandana Dee's trailer to have him come in as a deefender, kinda like Lucas' in Smash 4. For example, it shows Kirby, Dedede, and MK getting beaten up by someone (maybe Bowser, or Ridley). Then, they step in to finish them off, and out of nowhere, spear. Bandana Dee steps in to defend them. Tagline something like "Bandana Waddle Dee: Makes a Point" or something punny involving his spear. Music starts playing; either this, or a remix of this:
His Final Smash is shown: Megaton Punch.
:251:
i know megaton punch was his origin but really feel like this:

is more his style

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
That's just a remix of the Super Star boss theme. Megaton Punch (as far as I know) hasn't been used outside of Super Star and the remake, so it'd be hugely unexpected.
:060:
if we do get that song really wish its a more up beat or energetic version. It's just that it feels too heavy for bandana dee, personality wise.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
They do seem to be more willing to represent modern Kirby, we already have Masked Dedede. And Kirby I'm pretty sure has a new break dance victory animation.

And while probably coincidental, Squirtles new run looks very similar to Water Kirby's dash.

Plus that Woolly World amiibo thing is very interesting

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Bandana Dee is my second most wanted character in Smash, only after King K. Rool who I've been asking for since Brawl.
I think he's a charismatic little guy and has a lot of moveset potential, as a lot of his moves can already be taken straight from the latest Kirby games where he's been playable.

I want to share with you this video I made some time ago to support Bandana Dee. I'm a computer engineer and I had a subject about Animation and Videogame making, so I made this little fanmade trailer as a project back in the Smash 4 DLC era.
It is in no way a professional work as it was my first and only approach with animation, so I hope you don't expect too much, it was done mainly because I really like Bandana Dee.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
What in particular? Why it could be the last Smash?

Well, last Smash in a sense. I doubt Nintendo would kill one of their most profitable series. But the roster is nearing 70 characters. By the time they reveal the full roster, there might be 70 or a little over the number. That by itself is a crazy number of characters for a fighting game. Very difficult to balance. The naming of the game, "Ultimate", and the saying that it would be difficult to top this game might imply a few things.

They might change the Smash formula in the next game, starting over in a sense.
They might release a new Smash but with focus on gameplay improvements, balancing, and maybe making clones/echo fighters more unique.
They might not release a new Smash. As unlikely as Game Freak stopping milking the Pokémon series to death.

Overload of characters happen very often. League of Legends went from releasing several champions a year (over 20) to releasing 4, 5 at most. The roster has almost 140 characters, but that is a moba, not a fighting game. Heroes of the Storm is only three years old (League is almost 9 years old) and already has about 80 characters. The devs already slowed down on new character releases.

Other fighting games remedy the issue but making massive cuts. Compare the Street Fighter II roster to the Street Fighter III roster, for example. Lots of new faces, but many veterans gone. That works for that kind of game, but for Smash, people would go nuts if popular veterans such as Link or Kirby were cut.

So what can they do with Smash? If they really want to keep making new Smash games as the series is right now, one way would be to completely ignore the competitive aspect of Smash and make it a party game, Balance means next to nothing for a party game. They could turn Smash into a "game as a service" and instead of releasing new titles, they would just release a new character every now and then.

This is just my theory, but some people share similar thoughts. The naming, Ultimate and the statement that there will be not a lot of newcomers aren't a coincidence. Of course, you and others are free to believe and expect a new Smash with 10~20 newcomers in a few years. It could happen.
ok you are presuming a lot there

of course there are going to be severe cuts for the next smash game sakurai said it was unlikely theyd ever bring back every veteran again, and in what scenario would they ever cut link or kirby?

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Another thing pointing in Bandana Dee's favor is how Ridley got in with his easily translatable, but basic moveset. The argument that Bandana Dee's spear wouldn't offer enough and that he'd need to bring in a gimmick can be laid to rest much more easily with Ridley's special moveset being an almost Brawl-esque Projectile/Command Grab/Recovery/Special.

Spear Throw/Side Special/Spearcopter/Parasol Parry is a perfectly viable moveset now that can be made more unique depending on the Side Special and implementation of the Parasol

Even Inkling spreads his ink on the floor in only one move, and doesn't even gain mobility from it, making their sets a pretty tame stage control set comparable to existing movesets. Even their weapon arsenal is toned down to specials and smashes, with only one sub special being represented in the whole set.

If there's any pattern to be drawn from the currently showcased content, it points in the favor of Bandana Dee!

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
Another thing pointing in Bandana Dee's favor is how Ridley got in with his easily translatable, but basic moveset. The argument that Bandana Dee's spear wouldn't offer enough and that he'd need to bring in a gimmick can be laid to rest much more easily with Ridley's special moveset being an almost Brawl-esque Projectile/Command Grab/Recovery/Special.

Spear Throw/Side Special/Spearcopter/Parasol Parry is a perfectly viable moveset now that can be made more unique depending on the Side Special and implementation of the Parasol

Even Inkling spreads his ink on the floor in only one move, and doesn't even gain mobility from it, making their sets a pretty tame stage control set comparable to existing movesets. Even their weapon arsenal is toned down to specials and smashes, with only one sub special being represented in the whole set.

If there's any pattern to be drawn from the currently showcased content, it points in the favor of Bandana Dee!
2 moves for Inkling spreads ink, and they do slow down other people, but yeah, Ridley deconfirms the notion that every newcomer needs a gimmick.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Got a friend who is an avid Dee fan who was suggesting the importance of Beam in Bandana Waddle Dee's moveset.

I know corrupted Dees become Doos, but doesn't the beam traditionally work from the eye? Wouldn't Dee need to access it from a wand like Kirby does to make it work?

Any thoughts on this?

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Got a friend who is an avid Dee fan who was suggesting the importance of Beam in Bandana Waddle Dee's moveset.

I know corrupted Dees become Doos, but doesn't the beam traditionally work from the eye? Wouldn't Dee need to access it from a wand like Kirby does to make it work?

Any thoughts on this?
I imagine a wand would be needed.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

Any thoughts on this?
Yeah, he'd either need to use a wand or he'd need to get possessed by Dark Matter as part of his moveset for that to make sense. Although, there's many things in Smash that don't make sense so I wouldn't rule it out.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

Any thoughts on this?
he need the wand, but im not against the idea

now i want him to have the beam jester hat as an alt

smashkirby

Smash Hero
You know, I've been thinking about B.D.'s final smash, and I've juggling two ideas:

1. Megaton Punch - It would be a cinematic-type FS, where B.D. performs the move, and it has the comical effect of being inspired by this gif:

After the cutscene, any and all opponents nearby would be sent flying from the quake.

and for the second idea...

2. Waddle Dee Army - Another cinematic FS where B.D. would summon King Dedede's royal guard of Waddle Dees and the attack would be based off of Wario's new FS in Ultimate, but in this case the Waddle Dees would be the ones attacking the opponent(s), and B.D. would send them flying with a Megaton Punch.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
You know, I've been thinking about B.D.'s final smash, and I've juggling two ideas:

1. Megaton Punch - It would be a cinematic-type FS, where B.D. performs the move, and it has the comical effect of being inspired by this gif:

After the cutscene, any and all opponents nearby would be sent flying from the quake.

2. Waddle Dee Army - Another cinematic FS where B.D. would summon King Dedede's royal guard of Waddle Dees and the attack would be based off of Wario's new FS in Ultimate, but in this case the Waddle Dees would be the ones attacking the opponent(s), and B.D. would send them flying with a Megaton Punch.
my choice is one of the friend abilities from star allies, you know friend train or trainer circle

D

Deleted member

I have been supporting Bandanna Dee for years and I totally want him in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
Bandanna Dee is getting more popular as time progresses and he is a megaton wanted character like King K. Rool.
Sakurai's plan is to bring in hype in Ultimate, so that is why he added Ridley. So Bandanna Dee has his chances increased.

Lets hope he makes it in.

:ultbandannadee:

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman

I think that Megaton Punch would be the most likely and most fitting for the fella. He was the weakest opponent in Super Star, so I think it would reflect his growth and training since then well to have him do the Megaton Punch, but this time making the earth-shattering quake to show how far he's come.

Plus, it's a reference to Super Star. And we all know how much Sakurai loves referencing that game.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
do you guys think he'll be announced next direct or at a later announcement? hoping we get it soon so I can stop worrying.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
guys you might want to see this was looking through twitter... and king DeDeDe's final smash and....

Take a close look at the right I think i see our orange puff ball but I dont think this deconfirms him

D

Deleted member

For what it's worth the Smashbros.com website. Has a daily blog going from Monday to Friday. It appears we'll be getting updates in the game, that way as well as directs. So maybe he'll be announced on the site? Also I'm guessing that's just a character in his final smash, don't think it deconfirms him.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
guys you might want to see this was looking through twitter... and king DeDeDe's final smash and....

Take a close look at the right I think i see our orange puff ball but I dont think this deconfirms him
I watched Dedede's Final Smash from the Direct, and that orange spot is just the opponent on fire from the missiles. If you watch that part of the direct, you can see that there are still flames coming off of Bowser as Dedede charges into him. In any case, if Bandanna Dee were in Dedede's FS as a supporter, they would have made him waaaaaay more noticeable. If he actually is there, then he's almost completely obscured by the shadows, and I can't see any trace of him from the Final Smash we saw in the Direct.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I watched Dedede's Final Smash from the Direct, and that orange spot is just the opponent on fire from the missiles. If you watch that part of the direct, you can see that there are still flames coming off of Bowser as Dedede charges into him. In any case, if Bandanna Dee were in Dedede's FS as a supporter, they would have made him waaaaaay more noticeable. If he actually is there, then he's almost completely obscured by the shadows, and I can't see any trace of him from the Final Smash we saw in the Direct.
oh thank god smash ultimate is messing with my brain....

Top Bottom