• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Oracle Link

Smash Master
So yeah im curious how many people where super suprised by Kirby Forgotten land as a kirby fan i saw a 3d kirby game coming!
But weird how a presumably human settlement is on popstar? maybe thats where adelines from?
most non ability enemys looked more earth animal like too weird?
Considering the whole goodbye kirby picture are bwd,meta and dd even in this game hmmm!
Also i think im believieng now an ut'/dt char or bwd seems most likely right now!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Dreamland, Adventure, Dream Course, Dreamland 2, Super Star, Dreamland 3, 64, Super Star Ultra, Return to Dreamland, Triple Deluxe, Fighter's Deluxe, Planet Robobot, Super Clash, and Star Allies.

Which Kirby games did you play?
Honestly just superstar ultra, adventure wii, triple deluxe, star allies, 64 but ive watched lps of all other Mainline games with soul bosses and everthing

just wanted to know if youre prepared because ive seen people say things like AHHH Kirby takes place on a postapocaliptic earth which yeah doesnt make any sense!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
The funniest thing where all the people going like kirbys planet is a postapocaliptic earth tho Kirbys planet looks like this:

This is probably just a human/ ancient settlement or shiverstar or somew other earth like planetoid!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Have you ever looked into the Haltmann story? It's kinda messed up.

Plus a post apocalyptic setting doesn't necessarily mean the game is dark. Adventure Time also has a post apocalyptic setting and loads of young children watch that.
of course its messed up, all video game stories are if you stop and think about them. but dark? nope

you clearly didnt see the choas god or the lich who drew power from a well of nuclear waste/magic spirits

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
of course its messed up, all video game stories are if you stop and think about them. but dark? nope

you clearly didnt see the choas god or the lich who drew power from a well of nuclear waste/magic spirits
Again, loads of children still watch it. Kirby being in a post apocalyptic setting simply isn't weird.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Nintendo doing bright and colorful worlds that happen to be post-apocalyptic is kind of their thing; just look at Splatoon.

I mean they did a brown and "real" looking Zelda title as well as a cartoony/rainbow colored Zelda game... and it was the latter took place in the timeline that had a glorified apocalypse.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Nintendo doing bright and colorful worlds that happen to be post-apocalyptic is kind of their thing; just look at Splatoon.

I mean they did a brown and "real" looking Zelda title as well as a cartoony/rainbow colored Zelda game... and it was the latter took place in the timeline that had a glorified apocalypse.
what was brown and real about wind waker?

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
what was brown and real about wind waker?
Wind Waker wasn't real and brown, that's the point. While a lot of non Nintendo titles tend to use darker and more muted colors for post apocalyptic settings (Fallout 3 as one example), WW is one where a decent portion of the world was wiped out and yet that's kind of setting for the cell shaded cartoon video game. It, Splatoon, and now this Kirby release are effective subversions of typical gaming trends in that respect; just because the world's ended doesn't mean the colors can't pop!

FancySmash

Smash Lord
I can't believe it. Kirby finally achieved 3D. Well, I guess Air Ride, Blowout Blast, and Battle Royale were 3D, and this title seems to be taking cues from a few of those, almost like some were a test for building this game. Huh, odd. Anyways, I'm super happy. While this is coming out too late for Bandana Dee to be Smash's last DLC pick, I think it helps boost him for the next Smash title, provided Sakurai (or potentially someone else in charge) considers him next time. I wonder if he'll get the extra mode campaign for this game. He'd make sense as they're limiting Kirby's jumps in this outing, and Dedede and Meta Knight are also no strangers to flight. I guess Dedede could also be limited like Kirby, but Meta Knigh is definitely out IMO, as his flight is harder to limit, and he got the last extra mode. We were also shown Waddle Dees already, so come on! Perfect chance for Bandana Dee's extra mode!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
what with bad guys of this game being the "beast army" this is perhaps just the game to see the return of the animal copy ability. i also wonder if theyve come up with any new copy abilities that will tie in with the theme some how

Oracle Link

Smash Master
what with bad guys of this game being the "beast army" this is perhaps just the game to see the return of the animal copy ability. i also wonder if theyve come up with any new copy abilities that will tie in with the theme some how
I mean the foxes are definitly stand ins for waddle dees!

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Well... here we are again. A strangely familiar situation to me, given I've lived through similar twice before. Unlike the last two times however, my hope is absurdly muted. I was naively optimistic when we reached DLC's end for Smash 4, and still optimistic at the end of the Ultimate base game speculation cycle, with me hoping that the Grinch rumour was fake (it did end up being so, obvious to us nowadays) for the sole reason of hoping they were keeping Bandana Dee a secret to the very end. If we do, by some miracle, get Dee as the last DLC character, I'm probably gonna cry. I've been in the DLC speculation cycle for him for over 6 years at this point. Not as much as some veterans for Ridley, or K. Rool, or Daisy, etc, but it's still a pretty long time. I suppose the ultimate (heh) question is... will we end with a first party... or a third party? Unfortunately, my experiences with the past two cycles tells me nothing, since they both ended with both. My last shred of hope lies in potential promotion tied to Forgotten Land. I suppose... we have one week remaining to find out.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
I do think theres a good chance of smash 6 having a nintendo focus! i hope!
Base games always have the Nintendo focus. Looking at Ultimate, the base game newcomers were:
Inkling
Daisy
Ridley
Simon
Richter

Dark Samus
Chrom
K. Rool
Isabelle
Ken
Incineroar.

Excluding returning veterans that skipped a game or two (first & third party), only three of those are third party. And only one is wholly unique, Ken & Richter are Echo Fighters (although Ken is significantly more unique than any other Echo). DLC is when the third parties happen in full force. Financially, it makes total sense: they have to pay for the characters, so it makes sense to have them behind a paywall, to recoup their money. As for Smash 6... well, I get the feeling it is a very long time away. I distinctly remember seeing Sakurai say that a game this big is probably not gonna happen again. So, assuming there even is a Smash 6, odds are we'll lose quite a lot of characters.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well Bandanna Dee's hope relies on a few different long shots but of the classic fan demands I think he's just about level with Dixie Kong in terms of chances.

Here's hoping for the best.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
One thing taht bothers me is that thanks to this new game the kirby fanbase could stop being so amazing and (relativly) Compact!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
One thing taht bothers me is that thanks to this new game the kirby fanbase could stop being so amazing and (relativly) Compact!
So you're worried because the game's going to make Kirby more popular? That's not always a bad thing; look at Persona 5, Fire Emblem Awakening, and (from what I recall - it's been a while) Zelda: Ocarina of Time. (plus, it's not like Kirby was ever a series that was difficult to get into)

Top Bottom