• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banana Tomato Brussel Sprout RED PAAANNNNDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Sinking is pwn. I also love the way this guide has both Zelda and Shiek, so all those stubborn just Shiek players happen to glance upon the Zelda section and go 'O lords forgive me, what a fool I've been'.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Someone give me a valid argument on why it's better to use Sheik/Zelda vs Marth compared to just Sheik.

plz
Meh, I go straight Sheik against Marth because I find edge guarding fairly easy, but using Zelda does have it's advantages I suppose.

Against the better Marth players, they have certain tricks they can use to throw off edge hoggers so sometimes the switch to Zelda can be beneficial. Fresh usmashes kill Marth at around 110% iirc and can make Marths ko advantage null.

Also refreshes Sheiks moveset so a switch to Zelda for the kill and a switch back to Sheik means you have a fresh moveset just as the Marth player respawning does.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Sinking is pwn. I also love the way this guide has both Zelda and Shiek, so all those stubborn just Shiek players happen to glance upon the Zelda section and go 'O lords forgive me, what a fool I've been'.

I main Zelda and Sheik equally, and I think, personally, its the best thing possible. It just seemed like the right thing to do.

Remember guys this is a community collaboration, so if you feel something is wrong, could be better, or something is missing, by all means, please post and your information will probably be featured in the guide. Also feel free to ask questions like when to do something, who you can do it on, etc...

comboking

Smash Master
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:newbie:im a new sheik player and i want to battle a couple of good sheiks if anyone is interested please post here. And another thing is there anything i need to know that is not in any of the fine guides u have here. i also want to help test things. see u guys tommorow.:shiek:peace out!

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
The other stickies will have any information that's not posted here such as match ups, counter picks, check the sticky that links to other posts in the forum. That should be useful.

I see you're in the Midwest. I'm in Southwest Canada so our connection shouldnt be ridiculously bad. We can brawl eachother some time. Just message me when you're ready to brawl.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:newbie:im a new sheik player and i want to battle a couple of good sheiks if anyone is interested please post here. And another thing is there anything i need to know that is not in any of the fine guides u have here. i also want to help test things. see u guys tommorow.:shiek:peace out!
Welcome to the boards! Not much you need to know besides spam ftilt and edgeguard whenever possible lol.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
The more I practice it, the more worthwhile I think it is to learn reverse chain lock.

I'm thinking of putting a blue star in the contents section next to the techs I think are the basic ones to know. My opinion differs, and I don't play tournies, so if any of you guys with more experience have some input, it would be greatly appreciated.

comboking

Smash Master
:newbie:Can we record u know just to show everyone i am serious about sheik
some voices critiquing me in the vid would be good. Peace out!:shiek:

snowaxe

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the great guide! I have been thinking of maining sheik for awhile now.

I just have a question though. To be a shiek main do you also have to main zelda? Like is that the only way to truly get good with either character?

Ominous

Smash Apprentice
to use Sheik/Zelda you must know how to use both... as Zelda has the ko move's and Sheik can get the damag up... if you wish to use Sheik on her own like i do then you'll need to know how to be fast at everythink with her...

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Sheik and Zelda are two completely different characters. It's like being able to change between Marth and Ike. It's a gift and a curse.

Both characters can be agressive--extremely agressive-- but thier playstyles are totally different. I often have trouble with characters as Sheik, say, for example, pikachu. I can turn into Zelda and now I have a moveset better suited to counter Pika, and simultaneously I have screwed up the Pika player's mindset.

I highly advise that you learn both characters. Play them equally, and use the transformation as a tool in your game. Sheik's transformation Jump is HIGHLY useful, since it can evade (I believe) ANY attack. Zelda's glide can be good for recovery, although the horizontal range it can cover is so drastic, it makes it hard to approximate when and at what degree to use it. Generally though people only change back to Sheik once they have killed with Zelda.

So in conclusion, no, you do not have to main Zelda. Again, it is like two seperate characters. Their individual playstyles allow you to main either one without ever having to transform.

However, why would anyone choose to pass up being able to play two characters in the same match, thereby swinging the matchup into your favour in any match. From what I recall, sheik's weaknesses are Zelda's strengths, and vice versa.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Hah, being able to Dramatic Change! between Marth and Ike would be amazing. I'd just spam aerials all day and then transform so I can KO them with jabs.

Sheik can set up directly into her usmash, so the fact that most people don't even consider to try it baffles me.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Though I am very suggestive, I rarely ever suggest anything.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Wise words.

He meant (from my perspective) that Sheik has enough viable methods of KOing for her not to have to rely on Zelda's feet.

Tetukuteo

Smash Rookie
This is the more complete guide of the game about a character in the brawl, i wait from other guides from more character like this.

thx from the guide my sheik is a warrior and not a joke.

Go SHEIK, KILL THE ALL'S!!!

The War is not trying to die for your homeland,
else the other #$%&/ die for theirs.

Tetukuteo?

snowaxe

Smash Apprentice
Alright thanks guys! Looks like I am going to try to main Shiek AND Zelda, but really thanks for the advice guys!

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Hah, being able to Dramatic Change! between Marth and Ike would be amazing. I'd just spam aerials all day and then transform so I can KO them with jabs.
Sheik can set up directly into her usmash, so the fact that most people don't even consider to try it baffles me.
Hmmm, kinda what we do with spamming ftilt to ko'ing with Zelda's dsmash?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
*shrugs*, rap gets a bad name when most other forms of secular music are just as bad if not worse.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Seems its becoming more and more common.

Exxceellleeennttt.

Hahaha I was just reading the first pages of this topic today, you know, for t3h mmr3z. Ha! I would say to all those nay-sayers if I was arrogant.

Hagar

Smash Cadet
you might want to add that it's more beneficial for shiek to always mash A instead of just holding it for the AAA combo, shiek doesn't jab infinitely if she's not hitting anything.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If you hold A, it counts as one attack on the decay list. If you mash A, it counts as one attack per hit on the decay list.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
start charging needles in the air and JUST before you land (while still charging) hit left or right.

You know that thing where if you hit jump after aerial you can instantly do a new jump? Same timing as that.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
So I had this crazy thought at work the other day..

Since wave bouncing can happen even for neutrals B attacks I was thinking what if Sheik did a cancel needle wave bounce?

I highly doubt it would work but if it does like I imagine it wouldn't it mean in theory infinite, although extremely difficulty to do recovery?

~shrugs~

codejunkie

Smash Rookie
fairly new player here, but I have found some pretty good combos with Sheik especially against medium to heavy characters.

First is for low damage characters:
Use side smash (the two kicks and it doesn't matter if the first connects for the combo)
Then when they are reaching the ground near u transfer into a dsmash
and finally the coup de grace, if you can manage it, start spamming A to do the jab move and hold them there until they DI out

Second is for when and if people become wary of your double kick (or high%):
Charge up a needle storm

let them come to you

let the get the right spacing for your double kick

release the needles and then immediately side smash

the needle storm should hold them long enough for your kick to connect, and if they are at high damage they are gone

codejunkie

Smash Rookie
sorry
like I said
new player
thus n00b rating lol
just play with friends and thought I would try to add my 2 cents

Top Bottom