• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ban people for spamming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
Then you have no understanding of how I feel and how these teabagging ******** affect me.

I honestly don't care about my lose streak anymore; teabaggers need to **** off or get heavy bans or some other harsh penalty, or just flat out go extinct, because they make it hard for me to enjoy the game and keep myself sane. I'll just keep reporting them until it happens.

The fact that Ganondorf players do this a lot (from what I've seen) makes me hate him so much as well.
dude chill.. you are coming over as a very immature person right now...and that is being said by someone like me so it kinda says something...
it's a GAME, people gonna troll and mess with you..don't like it? throw the game in the trash can and move on >.>

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
You're wishing death on people bro. Yeah some people are annoying online, but that doesn't equate death lol.

D

Deleted member

it's a GAME, people gonna troll and mess with you..don't like it? throw the game in the trash can and move on >.>
I can't do that; I love playing Smash so much. I just don't know what to do anymore.

Growing a thick skin and getting over it? How does one even do that? Believe me, I've tried, yet I'm still ranting.

I dunno about taking it to therapy. I've heard therapy works very well, but I'm aware of how silly my issue is that I'm too embarrassed to take it there.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Honestly a therapist can help because I do think you're in danger of obsession.
Obsession? It's just a love for the playing of the game. There's no obsession...unless I can't tell that I have it. Seriously, I don't know, and I'm actually worried.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Obsession? It's just a love for the playing of the game. There's no obsession...unless I can't tell that I have it. Seriously, I don't know, and I'm actually worried.
Lol it's OK maybe you're just really emotional! I say grow thick skin but naturally because that's what I did when I was in a similar position. Losing and getting made fun of because of it sucks.

Johhny_C_Bad

Smash Rookie
Therapists aren't there to make you feel embarrassed, they're very open minded and they kinda need to be, it's their job. Therapy is awesome, and if anyone is ever able to get access to it, I'd highly recommend.

Also, now if I i ever find myself starting to rage at the game, I just use that energy and work out, it feels great. Even if it's just a few pushups or situps

1FC0

Smash Lord
You could try focussing on your physical health. People who are physically sick often become weaker emotionally as well. I have seen easily frustrated people become less easily frustrated by cleaning their body.

I personally just kind of flip a switch in my mind where I stop caring about what the opponent thinks or wants to say and just see him as a fun obstacle in the game to try and overcome. And why would I not? The opinion of Quickplay players, even very good ones, is worthless to me anyway. There is no penalty or reward to be gotten from their opinion. But I cannot describe how I do this.

Other than that you could try loving other people more. Those troll players are just humans too. Maybe they have cancer or save abandoned puppies. Trolling online is seen as very innocent so people may do it even without bad intentions. And even if they have bad intentions you could still love them. This one requires a mayor overhaul in thinking but once you think that way you will not be easily frustrated and you will also be able to forgive very easily. This would be good for you since failing to forgive people (e.g. for trolling) hurts you more than it does them. It is ironic that loving other people profits the one doing it the most.

But to love other people you need to love yourself first. You need a solid self-esteem. I do not mean thinking that you are better than other people since keeping that illusion up makes your self-esteem fragile. But just being honest, taking good care of your body, and doing other things that you would expect someone with a solid self-esteem to do can help.

Depending on what your current situation is these things might help. If they do not help then just try searching the internet more for advice and think it through. Self-improvement can be hard but it can be very fun as well.

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
Nah dude, when some switches their tag to GKYS, on Smash4, they don't deserve anyone's love at that moment. They're promoting suicide on people who may be on tough times. You shouldn't forgive or give someone a freebie for something like that. That just promotes toxicity and for more to follow in its suit. I wouldn't say forgive and love, more like forget and ignore.

You shouldn't try to force yourself to love someone like that. At best, try to ignore them. Of course, on Smash Ult you can't really tell what someone's intentions are because they can't switch tags. Which is great. I can't tell you how many times I saw a tag switched to promote death/suicide. It's pathetic and shows the person's true colors. They obviously never had to know or see someone commit suicide, otherwise they would had never made such juvenile comments.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Nah dude, when some switches their tag to GKYS, on Smash4, they don't deserve anyone's love at that moment. They're promoting suicide on people who may be on tough times. You shouldn't forgive or give someone a freebie for something like that. That just promotes toxicity and for more to follow in its suit. I wouldn't say forgive and love, more like forget and ignore.
No one suicides because of trolling in a game. And no one is without fault. If you refuse to forgive, then what do you ask for next time you do something bad? Besides bearing a grudge only hurts the one who bears it. The troller is getting a freebie anyway because your grudge will not harm him in any way. Meanwhile if you hate him then you will be feeling bad because you refuse to forgive and walk around with all that hatred. Forgiving is mostly a selfish thing that happens to also be altruistic.

Trolling of that kind is bad and he should stop but that does not make the one doing a a bad person.

You shouldn't try to force yourself to love someone like that. At best, try to ignore them. Of course, on Smash Ult you can't really tell what someone's intentions are because they can't switch tags. Which is great. I can't tell you how many times I saw a tag switched to promote death/suicide. It's pathetic and shows the person's true colors. They obviously never had to know or see someone commit suicide, otherwise they would had never made such juvenile comments.
You can not force yourself to love anyone. It requires a new way of looking at people. It requires realising that people's personalities are not defined by a single action. You do not know the troller so why judge him? Right now you would hate a trolling 6-year old kid who trolls to vents his frustration of being bullied more than a pedophile who acts nice online and says gg. That is how reliable judging people by their online behaviour is. If it is this unreliable then why even do it? It is easy to forgive people if you give them the advantage of the doubt since doubt is all you have when it comes to knowing a trollers true personality.

Kes

Smash Cadet
Honestly, just block them if it's obnoxious enough. I block anyone with rulesets I don't want to play since Nintendo refuses to give a mode with an actual locked ruleset. I'll block anyone running 2 stock, sub 5 min, items, non-competitive stages, etc. I don't want to play those rulesets, and if they do I don't want to play with them. I'll block someone who is obnoxious with their teabagging, I'll block someone whose connection to me is unplayable, and I'll block someone who disconnects during a match. Don't want to play with them? Then don't.

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
As a Krool main, this literally sounds impossible. He pretty much loses completely to Mid-High tiers and higher. There's a reason I dropped him before and dubbed him "low-to-bottom tier trash with poor MUs". I don't care for Lucina, but she might as well become my remedy.
K Rool main here, I notice you always have a John for why you're losing. It's simple; put more hours in than your opponent. That's how you win. K Rool is not a good character, no arguments, but I'm still going toe to toe with the top players in my region (who use top tiers) because I put the time in. If you stopped complaining on Smashboards and used that time to practice, I guarantee you'd see results. I know it's harsh, I know it's not what you want to hear, but it's what you need to do if you honestly want to improve.

D

Deleted member

K Rool main here, I notice you always have a John for why you're losing. It's simple; put more hours in than your opponent. That's how you win. K Rool is not a good character, no arguments, but I'm still going toe to toe with the top players in my region (who use top tiers) because I put the time in. If you stopped complaining on Smashboards and used that time to practice, I guarantee you'd see results. I know it's harsh, I know it's not what you want to hear, but it's what you need to do if you honestly want to improve.
You think I haven't tried to practice? I've tried since 2019, doing everything I could: Training Mode, Battle Arenas, Random 1v1s on quickplay, Ditto matches. I even had to pay attention to hit boxes and frame data, yet I still lose 3 out of every 4 matches with him. How long do I have to practice to be good? Until DLC #3 is released?

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Then you have no understanding of how I feel and how these teabagging ******** affect me.

I honestly don't care about my lose streak anymore; teabaggers need to **** off or get heavy bans or some other harsh penalty, or just flat out go extinct, because they make it hard for me to enjoy the game and keep myself sane. I'll just keep reporting them until it happens.

The fact that Ganondorf players do this a lot (from what I've seen) makes me hate him so much as well.
What I want to know is how exactly teabagging should be punished. Do we ban players who input down on the control stick more than twice in a single second? Or how about the game starts refusing to accept controller inputs from anyone who makes four consecutive inputs and doesn't accept any more inputs from them for three seconds, with the game imposing longer and longer periods of unresponsiveness on players who continue making repetitive inputs?

Wait, hold on, those suggestions are terrible. There's no way to implement a foolproof disincentivization of spam or "degenerate tactics" than won't completely ruin the gameplay, especially among unskilled players. The only antidote to spammers is to git gud.

Last edited:

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
You think I haven't tried to practice? I've tried since 2019, doing everything I could: Training Mode, Battle Arenas, Random 1v1s on quickplay, Ditto matches. I even had to pay attention to hit boxes and frame data, yet I still lose 3 out of every 4 matches with him. How long do I have to practice to be good? Until DLC #3 is released?
Until you understand why you're getting punished, why you're losing, and can make the necessary adaptations to make that stop happening. You need to practice against similar skilled and more highly skilled players until you can figure out how to win neutral and overcome the matchup familiarity that comes standard with K Rool in this day and age. That part is all on you. Those 5000 guys who had everyone convinced K Rool was OP during those first 2 weeks made everyone else learn the matchup and we all know how to abuse the character's weaknesses now. You need to adapt your play and overcome those weaknesses. Quitting characters and starting over constantly doesn't get you anywhere if you don't have the fundamentals to build upon, which you can generally earn by knowing your main inside and out, playing them through thick and thin, and learning matchups so you can learn to exploit other characters' weaknesses.

I know you won't respond. But there it is, layman's terms.

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
Do you think Micheal Jordan had to ask how long he has to practice? Just practice until you get results. I have over 400 hours on SSBU and I still consider myself just higher-than-average. Practice until you win, then practice more to beat the next guy. There is no set amount of seconds before you become the best player in the world.

Last edited:

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
dude i don't even do any of that and even i am at that point i can say that i am good enough to handle myself out there..i have no intension to go pro but still i improve here and there with things,
you need to give it time and really not force it on yourself..

i was suprisingly able to defeat a very good Wolf player at 4.3 mil twice who i never expected i would beat cause he was bodying everyone in our two FFA matches but i managed to hold my own twice against him and both matches we were the last 2 standing..and that's when stuff got very intense but he didn't have it easy and i managed to defeat him twice!
and even with MU i find difficult i notice i improve slowly at my own pace

when i first started Ultimate..my matches were laughable but if i look at myself now..maaaan i really improved alot!

and yes i do get bodied sometimes as well but hey that happens to everyone haha

1FC0

Smash Lord
Why are you so set on getting good?

Last edited:

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
Honestly, just block them if it's obnoxious enough. I block anyone with rulesets I don't want to play since Nintendo refuses to give a mode with an actual locked ruleset. I'll block anyone running 2 stock, sub 5 min, items, non-competitive stages, etc. I don't want to play those rulesets, and if they do I don't want to play with them. I'll block someone who is obnoxious with their teabagging, I'll block someone whose connection to me is unplayable, and I'll block someone who disconnects during a match. Don't want to play with them? Then don't.
isn't there a block limit?

D

Deleted member

Why are you so set on getting good?
It's because my experience with this game is hurting me. To clarify:

I don't seek to go pro at all, nor do I plan to enter any tournaments. Smash, to me, is supposed to be one of my pastimes. But a pastime full of trolls and consistent losses isn't very fun and enjoyable.

It's like with my other pastime: art. For the longest time, I was this artist who obsessed over being one of the most liked of the bunch. But because being dead-set on improving my art to become popular was causing a lot of unfortunate events for me, I had to make do with what I had. By the end of 2018, I'm now a well-functioning artist who draws for pleasure.

My Smash issue feels harder because drawing didn't include interacting with others, which meant no competing and trolling. I have this "Inferiority Complex", which plagued my art life. While it somehow wasn't in play during Smash 4, It's really there with Ultimate, and the trolling and curbstomping make me really wanna git gud to avoid feeling worthless due to these factors. It's almost like I'm being bullied, but I can't really say as I've never been bullied IRL.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
It's because my experience with this game is hurting me. To clarify:

I don't seek to go pro at all, nor do I plan to enter any tournaments. Smash, to me, is supposed to be one of my pastimes. But a pastime full of trolls and consistent losses isn't very fun and enjoyable.

It's like with my other pastime: art. For the longest time, I was this artist who obsessed over being one of the most liked of the bunch. But because being dead-set on improving my art to become popular was causing a lot of unfortunate events for me, I had to make do with what I had. By the end of 2018, I'm now a well-functioning artist who draws for pleasure.

My Smash issue feels harder because drawing didn't include interacting with others, which meant no competing and trolling. I have this "Inferiority Complex", which plagued my art life. While it somehow wasn't in play during Smash 4, It's really there with Ultimate, and the trolling and curbstomping make me really wanna git gud to avoid feeling worthless due to these factors. It's almost like I'm being bullied, but I can't really say as I've never been bullied IRL.
If you have no intention of going pro then you shouldn't worry about losing. I sometimes join tournaments at my locals and usually get my ass kicked, but I don't complain about it since I see it as a chance for me to improve myself. If people teabag you or whatnot then you shouldn't really care about them, for all you know it's probably just a kid who doesn't know any better. Griefing and online troll behavior will always be prevalent, so it's not something you should be so pained about since this isn't something that is targeting you specifically. If you truly do want to get better then don't make complaints or whining about your opponents. Learn about your weaknesses and the mistakes that you made. Look up guides and information from other players to learn better. Just don't beat yourself over losses, if you don't think of losses as a learning opportunity then you'll have a hard time enjoying this game.

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure the limit is fairly large for blocking. I never heard anyone ever mention a blacklist limit on Smash4. Plus if there is and you reach that limit, you probably blocked a good majority of the online fanbase.

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
Do you have a friend with a reliable connection? Ask them to be super spammy and try to overcome their obstacles. Spam on top of lag is annoying, so it's best to practice without or minimal lag.

D

Deleted member

What does anyone even mean when they say "It's just a game"? How is that supposed to make me feel better about getting 4th in a free for all far before anyone else dies (which means you're ****)?

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
Dude, I'm sure if you head over to the forum section for finding friends/games, people would be willing to help you get better. Do they have a section like that here?

1FC0

Smash Lord
What does anyone even mean when they say "It's just a game"?
They mean that there is no actual penalty for losing and no actual reward for winning. You are all doing it to yourself. You are punishing yourself for losing by caring too much about something insignificant.
How is that supposed to make me feel better about getting 4th in a free for all far before anyone else dies (which means you're ****)?
It is supposed to make you feel better by making you care less about the game.

I am not sure why you care so much about this game. Maybe there is a deeper issue that you need to find like being insecure or lacking in other areas. Or maybe you just need to focus on things that truly matter. Whatever the case your problem is not that you are losing but that you care too much about SSBU.

D

Deleted member

I am not sure why you care so much about this game. Maybe there is a deeper issue that you need to find like being insecure or lacking in other areas. Or maybe you just need to focus on things that truly matter. Whatever the case your problem is not that you are losing but that you care too much about SSBU.
Ugh... I was hoping obsession wasn't the issue. How can I be obsessed? Is it because I play the game a lot or because I can't play it without finding something that irks me? Is it both?

I'm insecure and a few other things IRL. I've experienced being treated like crud (so I guess I HAVE been bullied before) and I gain energy from good things. By losing online, I feel attacked.

If none of this answers your question about why I care so much, then I'll say that Smash is an enjoyable game and I play and enjoy it, more than any other game I have. Maybe I am obsessed. Should I take a break? Because I've tried but came back and felt worse.

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
after yesterday i do feel like that a certain thing needs to be punished by the game.. basically that is when you have a FFA of 3/4 players and lets say those 2/3 players refuse to attack each other and instead only attack you and even rub it in that you keep dying cause of it..
idc about many things.. people can teabag,spam whatever but if it's 1 thing that angers me then it's that type of bully behavior not only will i ragequit cause those lame losers do not deserve GSP for that match in my eyes, i want them to get punished for it as well..i will report anyone who does that and not feel sorry for it,
to me everyone who does it is just a lame loser who can't defeat me otherwise, (funny enough that Zelda player i defeated already many times before that match so that basically proofs my point right there) but still..this is just not acceptable and got nothing to do with ''git gud'' cause if the match went as it should then everyone had a chance even me.

(btw if someone is in the lead then i get it but even then after this person died once they just attack everyone again, and the situation i am talking about wasn't such situation at all)

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
Ugh... I was hoping obsession wasn't the issue. How can I be obsessed? Is it because I play the game a lot or because I can't play it without finding something that irks me? Is it both?

I'm insecure and a few other things IRL. I've experienced being treated like crud (so I guess I HAVE been bullied before) and I gain energy from good things. By losing online, I feel attacked.

If none of this answers your question about why I care so much, then I'll say that Smash is an enjoyable game and I play and enjoy it, more than any other game I have. Maybe I am obsessed. Should I take a break? Because I've tried but came back and felt worse.
I am not a psychologist. I have experience with dealing with insecurity and I do think it can lead to overly competitive behaviour but it can take time to reverse psychological issues.

Personally I find that being more loving and caring towards other people helped me. I used to be very judgemental but dropped that and now that I love other people more I find it easier to love myself. Being judgemental towards others made me judgemental towards myself.

I also changed my diet to be much more healthy which helps me feel good physically but also helps me in that I treat myself with respect by taking good care of myself thus increasing my self-esteem.

Anyway I am no psychologist and everyone is different. Things that work for me may not work for you. Everyone has their own faults and issues to deal with. You could try searching online for your issues. That is how I started my journey to self improvement.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
@GamerZard

If you think it's bad these days you missed Brawl Online...

That was enough to make anyone insane. It's sad that 90 percent of today's complaints are literally the same as they were back 2 games ago. But you sound like you need a break from gaming...

D

Deleted member

@GamerZard

That was enough to make anyone insane. It's sad that 90 percent of today's complaints are literally the same as they were back 2 games ago. But you sound like you need a break from gaming...
How long of a break?

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
Two or three opponents targeting only one does get old though. Taunt parties are the bane of Smash's existence, unless it is all in good fun. Normally it is not and the three are foaming at the mouth and ready to piledrive the newcomer the second they arrive (not even attack)

But yeah dude, maybe stay away from quickplay and arena and try to find people you know and like to Smash with. It's less likely to get you riled up as opposed to randoms you have no idea who they are. Say like anyone from this forum you're well acquainted with. I have a few discord buddies I smash with sometimes and it's a lot more fun then smashing on random.

Probably helps that we all have good connections to. Or you could play some other games when the anger hits. I would normally play some Animal Crossing for the 3ds. The competitiveness and the way both games handle are on different sides. NewLeaf is just fun and relaxing to me, whereas Smash is fun, but super crazy (with the wild matches, not the people you fight)

Try to find a game like that. It doesn't have to be AC. Or you know, do something else you may like. Examples, read a book, draw, go for a walk. Walks can be very relaxing.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
How long of a break?
The longest break I took was 15 days after playing every day since release. I was finding myself unable to be bothered to do some things, like trying to mash out of grabs or Inkling's roller. I'd just wait for them to hit me and continue on. I realized this wasn't a healthy way to improve so I needed a really long break. 1-2 day breaks weren't cutting it.

I came back with a fresh mind, and after being forced to relearn a few things (and extra hard for a couple days), I started playing a lot better. Now I just take a day or two break between long sessions and it helps me refresh. It helps to have another hobby to focus on.

1FC0

Smash Lord
@GamerZard

Actually SSBB online was pretty fun IMO. Not nearly as fun as the online of the 2 games that followed it since it was basically only For Fun but still I did enjoy breaking up taunt parties and then trying to survive for 2 minutes while multiple people targeted me especially in Hyrule Temple which was a very popular stage.

The biggest problem I had with the players was that the other very popular stage was Final Destination. Final Destination was probably my favorite stage and if not then definitely among my favorites for competitive battles but for a casual FFA it is really boring. I just do not get why people where so set on having casual FFA's in FD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom