• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bair Naked Bonage - A Toon Link Combo Video

Santi

Smash Lord
Thanks for the feedback :]

All the editing credit should go to Dojo.
he put many hours into this video.
Good Job.

Osi

Smash Ace
Really liked the editing at the start, and it had some nice sections in there, good stuff

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
one of the best combo vids ive seen so far.. not all for the rap tho =/ but nice combos hope to see more from u in the future

Santi

Smash Lord
Wow! Im really glad most of you are liking the video. :]

I was initially going to use kamelot for the song selection but it just wasnt working out.
So me and Doj decided to use Kae Wun.

I know I use Bair alot...
but i mean its Toon Link, what do you expect.... chaingrabs and shinespikes?
ha

His Bair is one of his best moves and thats why it prevails throughout the video. I know it gets old and boring but thats why I tried my best to mix up and be creative with my gameplay.

Thanks again for all the compliments :]
theyre very much appreciated

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Since the "Ken combo"
It's the same, just forward airs.
Not at all. Ken Combo is fair > dair. The other fairs before that are just fairs that happen to combo.

Some of the things in here were nice, though, the setup of "spamming bair just outside of range until they jump into it" is... a little questionable, I guess.

Dojo

Smash Champion
combo?....no sir you phail!pfft combo my ***!
Thanks your opinion matters.

Not at all. Ken Combo is fair > dair. The other fairs before that are just fairs that happen to combo.

Some of the things in here were nice, though, the setup of "spamming bair just outside of range until they jump into it" is... a little questionable, I guess.

For the occasions in which that was the case, yes it could be considered questionable, if you will. But what you must understand is that without the use of L-Canceling and the likes in this game, putting pressure on an opponents shield to set them up for a combo (or chain of moves, or whatever the hell everyone's calling it) without being punished is extremely difficult.

Although the extra bairs and nairs may seem like much, they keep the opponent held into position intead of coming off with a grab or their own aerials and that jazz. To play an offensive style in this game is very difficult and requires alot of spacing and spamming in some situations. xD

orintemple

Smash Lord
I very much appreciate the agressive Toon Link style in this vid, considering how easy it is to just play campy with him. Also, the b-air spamming isn't so much a "Ken Combo" as the b-air to d-air spikes, which you had a few of. Those are always nice.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Decent, but a little monotonous. The only thing that kept my attention was the great music.

You seem to have all the comboing and aerial strategy down with him. I would have put more bomb and boomerang comboing in the game though. The thing people fail to see with TL is: He is basically a Melee Peach without the float. Bombs have a similar flow to the turnips in melee in my opinion, and they work almost the same in planning strategy as them, except for the explosion part. Point is, I suggest learning Peach in Melee and/or in Brawl to really expand your ideas of bomb strategy. Really helped me (times like these i'm really glad my bro is the best peach player in the area, melee or brawl).

Back to the point, the video was decent, but i feel you can do better. You do have the potential.
3.5/5

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
Well, this was a funny thread (I mean this in a good way)

Not only were some of your kills in that video just absolutely hilarious (Loved the falco pirate ship one) but I read the title of this thread as "bear naked Bondage" :laugh:

Good video, and yeah, Toon link is really good.

Dojo

Smash Champion
excellent but the problem is he keeps on using the same moves
The problem to that is they seem to work fairly well. :)
And not necasarrily, he does throw in fairs, nairs, dairs, projectiles, tilts, smashes all in addition to the bairs. Yes he uses it alot. But it's a very good move. Good damage, knockback, hitstun, setup, and priority with some spacing.

All in all I'm glad you enjoyed it.

minimajicz

Smash Rookie
i loled when i saw the yoshis island part...................... amazing toon link santi

Top Bottom