• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BaganSmashBros and ko.'s Kustom Kontent - King K. Rool, Kraid and...Metal Face?!

How would you rate each project?

• (K. Rool) Kotally Awesome 5/5

Votes: 166 80.2%
  • (K. Rool) Kool 4/5

Votes: 18 8.7%
  • (K. Rool) ...ok? 3/5

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • (K. Rool) K. Rapp 2/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (K. Rool) Kek 1/5

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • (Kraid) Awesomesauce 5/5

Votes: 54 26.1%
  • (Kraid) Very good 4/5

Votes: 27 13.0%
  • (Kraid) Good 3/5

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • (Kraid) Fair 2/5

Votes: 14 6.8%
  • (Kraid) Poor 1/5

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • (Metal Face) ...SMASHING! Hah hah hah 5/5

Votes: 90 43.5%
  • (Metal Face) Acceptable 4/5

Votes: 38 18.4%
  • (Metal Face) Weak! 3/5

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • (Metal Face) Pathetic! 2/5

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • (Metal Face) Worthless! 1/5

Votes: 16 7.7%

• Total voters

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
Ok then.

Not really. I've been busy with preparation for New Year (both in my house and in "school") lately. But i already reached his attack animations.

Kinda random, i know, but does anyone here understands japanese?
I can audibly understand a fair bit and read a bit due to my year long Japanese course about five years ago, but I'm by no means fluent. I wouldn't mind at least trying to help and see if an attempt could be made.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I can audibly understand a fair bit and read a bit due to my year long Japanese course about five years ago, but I'm by no means fluent. I wouldn't mind at least trying to help and see if an attempt could be made.
Well, i don't need 1:1 translation. Even 80's Nintendo translation would be acceptable as long as i know meaning of it. And its just audio.

Last edited:

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
Can i beta-test K-rool and Metal face?

1- I can play heavy characters like bowser and charizard

2- I don't have a problem with fast-fallers but sometimes I SD because of them.

3- I can wave-dash, DI, and dash-dance

4- I use my Wii-U and use a Classic Controller

5- I mostly want to test K-rool but Metal face is my second priority

I hope you take this request into consideration. Thanks in advance!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
why do you need someone who can understand japanese
Because Wakamoto's Black Face says things differently from Tim Watson's Metal Face. For example, "Whatever is it that you're doing, it looks...SMASHING! Hahahaha..." is a lot shorter in japanese version, so, i can't use that line properly for alt voice. His animation (mix of whatever he is doing while saying "After all this talk, Xord was crushed by worthless maggots like you" and what he is doing after Shulk's "That's right. Not when we have the Monado!" line right before their first fight) wouldn't look right if he would stop saying anything before it even finishes. And taunt cancelling won't be as good.
Can i beta-test K-rool and Metal face?

1- I can play heavy characters like bowser and charizard

2- I don't have a problem with fast-fallers but sometimes I SD because of them.

3- I can wave-dash, DI, and dash-dance

4- I use my Wii-U and use a Classic Controller

5- I mostly want to test K-rool but Metal face is my second priority

I hope you take this request into consideration. Thanks in advance!
Sure. But a liiitle bit later. Got few things to do here.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Its January of 2016, so, i'll have a lot more free time i could spend on K. Rool and co...unless i'll get distracted by...stuff i like or i'll be busy with something. Anyway, its time to get to K. Rool's attacks.
00000000-80.png

Also, its possible to make TLink's arrows stay after hitting someone, so, cannonballs won't awkwardly disappear. Thank god.

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
Its January of 2016, so, i'll have a lot more free time i could spend on K. Rool and co...unless i'll get distracted by...stuff i like or i'll be busy with something. Anyway, its time to get to K. Rool's attacks.
View attachment 90257
Also, its possible to make TLink's arrows stay after hitting someone, so, cannonballs won't awkwardly disappear. Thank god.
*GASP* It's King K. Rool! Hoping he can be beta tested soon ;)

Ridley1994

Smash Cadet
Krool is such a lard ass that it's beautiful. I have a question, who is Kraid going to replace as a character?

Last edited:

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
didnt you say you couldn't make any model changes? because the k.rool in that picture is a lot darker than the one in your profile pic. he also looks a lot better here than before

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
*GASP* It's King K. Rool! Hoping he can be beta tested soon ;)
Same here. Seeing same old face gets boring.
Krool is such a lard *** that it's beautiful. I have a question, who is Kraid going to replace as a character?
We still haven't decided. Probably over Lucas or Ness.
didnt you say you couldn't make any model changes? because the k.rool in that picture is a lot darker than the one in your profile pic. he also looks a lot better here than before
As Sanic Hedgehog said, stage is dark (dark enough for K. Rool's eyes to glow), but Alvaro also made new texture for him. And by model changes, i meant things like making his shoulders smaller.

Last edited:

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
View attachment 90257
Look'n good Bagan. Can't wait to try it out (and find everything wrong). Once you're done with this my two most wanted characters will be playable. Don't worry though; I'll always be around to test. Your mods are awesome and all of my friends dig them too. Just a couple years ago you made Ridley and I remember how excited I was when I discovered it. I was even more excited than when I saw Megaman's Samsh 4 trailer and Mewtwo's DLC reveal. Here's to a new year and new characters.

latinking

Smash Apprentice
Anyway, its time to get to K. Rool's attacks.
View attachment 90257
VERY nice. I'm amazed at how much better K.Rool looks like now!

About his attacks, I'd like to make a suggestion for one of his standard mid-airs:

- Air Down A: A belly flop that has similar mechanics/physics to Smash 4 Bowser's. The Air Down A of Bowser makes him stop in midair for a tiny fraction of a second, then he goes straight down with increased speed, dragging downwards at relatively the same speed any mid-air opponent that his attack hits (depending on said opponent's damage %). For K. Rool's animation, I picture him curling up first in an effort to have his fingers touch his toes (like some people do when jumping into a pool of water), then spreading his 4 limbs wide apart, with his eyes closed. However, if K. Rool were to use it off stage, it would be a guaranteed suicide, due to the speed of his fall. The positive side would be that it'd also guarantee a kill for you if someone were to be hit while off stage, as the opponent is dragged with K.Rool's weight. Due to his belly being covered in gold, a metal *ding* sound should be heard when it hits someone and/or when it hits a floor.

Speaking of which, is it possible the make current model's belly shinier? Or give it a more golden hue/color? It currently seems like regular yellow skin :O

About the Cannonballs which stay after a successful hit, will you make them explode shortly after, or simply break down harmlessly?

Last edited:

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
Do you have any thoughts for a Down B for K Rool yet? Cuz in the OP it doesn't say so. Anyway, you could his ground stomp thingy from DK64. Just my thought though...

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
i want everyone to watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z2SLFRtZH8
also, an interesting comment i found on the video said "I want the grab to suck players in with the Blunderbluss like Links grappling hook and while they are sucked in the throw would be shooting them"

Last edited:

Ridley1994

Smash Cadet
No one I will miss, thank you. Since I've been using your Ridley mod I highly look forward to King Krool and Kraid. Although Metal Face is interesting to say the least.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
VERY nice. I'm amazed at how much better K.Rool looks like now!

About his attacks, I'd like to make a suggestion for one of his standard mid-airs:

- Air Down A: A belly flop that has similar mechanics/physics to Smash 4 Bowser's. The Air Down A of Bowser makes him stop in midair for a tiny fraction of a second, then he goes straight down with increased speed, dragging downwards at relatively the same speed any mid-air opponent that his attack hits (depending on said opponent's damage %). For K. Rool's animation, I picture him curling up first in an effort to have his fingers touch his toes (like some people do when jumping into a pool of water), then spreading his 4 limbs wide apart, with his eyes closed. However, if K. Rool were to use it off stage, it would be a guaranteed suicide, due to the speed of his fall. The positive side would be that it'd also guarantee a kill for you if someone were to be hit while off stage, as the opponent is dragged with K.Rool's weight. Due to his belly being covered in gold, a metal *ding* sound should be heard when it hits someone and/or when it hits a floor.

Speaking of which, is it possible the make current model's belly shinier? Or give it a more golden hue/color? It currently seems like regular yellow skin :O

About the Cannonballs which stay after a successful hit, will you make them explode shortly after, or simply break down harmlessly?
I think Down B would work better with this because then i could make it possible for him to grab ledges and avoid death so it wouldn't be useless (after trying to make Ridley's aerial Down B spike and then launch up upon landing, i found out that it either looks wrong, it misses or opponent can easily tech it).

I think its shiny and yellow enough for gold. At least for Brawl.
ScreenCapture327.png

I'll make them simply disappear after...er...blinking...flickering...how its called? What PM Ganondorf does in his rolling and spot dodging animations.
i want everyone to watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z2SLFRtZH8
also, an interesting comment i found on the video said "I want the grab to suck players in with the Blunderbluss like Links grappling hook and while they are sucked in the throw would be shooting them"
I could use Blunderbuss (its possible to mimic vacuum effect or just use enough hitboxes)...or i could actually use K. Rool's long very arms. Don't know what to choose.

Note to self: save after every animation. Losing progress because Brawlbox suddenly crashed is not fun and i still need my hair. No words can express my rage.
Animation74.gif

latinking

Smash Apprentice
I think Down B would work better with this because then i could make it possible for him to grab ledges and avoid death so it wouldn't be useless (after trying to make Ridley's aerial Down B spike and then launch up upon landing, i found out that it either looks wrong, it misses or opponent can easily tech it).
I highly suggest to avoid making it into Down B, in order to make him stand out more from other playable villains. If you look at Bowser, Ganondorf and your Ridley, they all have a variation of Down B that equals to a downwards body-crushing attack. Dedede included, however his is Up B. Currently, I can't think of anyone in Project M that has an Air Down A that acts more or less like Smash 4 Bowser's, thus why it might turn out unique for K. Rool to have it. His Down B could be instead used for something more unique :)

Depending on how you intend to program K.Rool's Up B, the Belly Flop as an Air Down A may not turn out to be so suicidal. In any case, my idea behind his Air Down A was to make it into a meteor attack so powerful, that it puts the user at risk too.

I think its shiny and yellow enough for gold. At least for Brawl.
View attachment 90470
I was hoping for a shiny effect similar to what can be seen on Ike's sword (which seems pretty shiny and has a gold-ish appearance). Though admittedly that can be the lighting giving it that effect.
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/sxwwxUvl79c/maxresdefault.jpg
Perhaps I'm having trouble determining this due to a lack of comparison... If you have the time, would you mind making a K.Rool model with a regular yellow belly? Only if you have time of course.

I'll make them simply disappear after...er...blinking...flickering...how its called?
Depending on how large you make the cannonballs, they might look weird flickering out of existence. Since his arrows are based off of Toon Link's, I imagine it's impossible to make the cannonballs explode or crumble after a while?

I could use Blunderbuss (its possible to mimic vacuum effect or just use enough hitboxes)...or i could actually use K. Rool's long very arms. Don't know what to choose.
Will it suck in players towards his gun and then at the last second (when the opponent's ''get grabbed'' animation begins), he'll hold onto the enemy with his hands? Or will the opponent ''vanish'' completely from the screen and be inside the gun? If its the latter idea, I'm personally not too fond of it, due to the fact that his gun in DKC 2 couldn't swallow bodies whole. But that's just me.

Last edited:

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
I highly suggest to avoid making it into Down B, in order to make him stand out more from other playable villains. If you look at Bowser, Ganondorf and your Ridley, they all have a variation of Down B that equals to a downwards body-crushing attack. Dedede included, however his is Up B. Currently, I can't think of anyone in Project M that has an Air Down A that acts more or less like Smash 4 Bowser's, thus why it might turn out unique for K. Rool to have it. His Down B could be instead used for something more unique :)
well most up b moves send you upwards, some side b moves send you sideways, i think its okay to have some down b moves that go downward, especially since this one is based on something from his games

Last edited:

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
well most up b moves send you upwards, some side b moves send you sideways, i think its okay to have some down b moves that go downward, especially since this one is based on something from his games
But Toonlink is a character that can pull out throwable projectiles with his current DownB. This could be modified to make something far more unique. We could have K. Rool use bombs like he did in DKL3. Or we could just use the remote and have it fire a short ranged bolt that stuns foes.

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
But Toonlink is a character that can pull out throwable projectiles with his current DownB. This could be modified to make something far more unique. We could have K. Rool use bombs like he did in DKL3. Or we could just use the remote and have it fire a short ranged bolt that stuns foes.
I agree, why not have something unique? I mean, if it's worth the time. We don't want him to do something weird, but seriously we don't need a clone move of bowser's... Unless we copy his side special from brawl, which isn't in project m. That I wouldn't mind... Otherwise though, unique is better in my opinion.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
The Butt bomb can be an easier Down Smash, why relegate it to a special move? Let's make something more unique like using his electricity somehow. K. Rool DOES acquire bombs/grenades in DKL3, that could be used here. Have him throw a bunch of grenades the way he's facing perhaps? Something other than the dreaded butt bomb, which can be an easy DSmash.

Last edited:

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
The Butt bomb can be an easier Down Smash, why relegate it to a special move? Let's make something more unique like using his electricity somehow. K. Rool DOES acquire bombs/grenades in DKL3, that could be used here. Have him throw a bunch of grenades the way he's facing perhaps? Something other than the dreaded butt bomb, which can be an easy DSmash.
thats actually brilliant. i wish i thought of that

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
does anyone have a download link for project m 3.6 full hackless? because i tried and all the ones i found are 3.5

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
Man, K. Rool looks great, I can't wait to try him out!

Out of curiosity, would it be possible to have K. Rool's Back air be a backward kick like Donkey Kong and Diddy's? Or are his legs too stubby to make that possible? I just thought that having three DKC characters with the same effective Back Air would be interesting.

latinking

Smash Apprentice
Or we could just use the remote and have it fire a short ranged bolt that stuns foes.
Him using a remote to shock people would be such a great and unique Down B move.
I just saw the Donkey Kong Land 3 footage of K.Rool. I am also in agreement of the remote zapping attack as a Down B.

Also, K. Rool was able to throw spiked balls that stay on the ground as a stage hazard in DK Jungle Climber.
It's not remarkable, but for those curious, its at 3:33:32 of the video below. I apologize Bagan, its on youtube :(

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
i want klaptrap as the down b if the buttstomp becomes the downsmash. Although i dont want k.rool to become a projectile based character

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
I think the remote shock is the best option IMO, because it would give his Baron persona a needed attack and representation. It would be a nice mid-long range attack with little knockback but stuns opponents for a few seconds. It could indeed be a charging attack, going longer distance when held down or let alone for a while.

latinking

Smash Apprentice
Speaking about all these
I think the remote shock is the best option IMO, because it would give his Baron persona a needed attack and representation. It would be a nice mid-long range attack with little knockback but stuns opponents for a few seconds. It could indeed be a charging attack, going longer distance when held down or let alone for a while.
However, if the player overcharges it, it could short circuit and backfire on K.Rool, electrocuting him instead. At the same time, he could do that monstrous scream/roar from DKC 3, maybe even show off his skeleton as well :)

One thing that's been on my mind for a while, is how K.Rool will be getting his blunderbuss and gadgets in-game? Is he going to pull them from under his cape? Perhaps they'll poof into existence from smoke similar to a magician's trick?

How will the Copter connect to his back without getting in the cape's way? For this one, I suggest making the cape retract/shrink towards the back of K.Rool's neck, but hidden under a puff of smoke, which will also hide the sudden appearance of said copter.

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
i want klaptrap as the down b if the buttstomp becomes the downsmash. Although i dont want k.rool to become a projectile based character
It would actually make sense if K. Rool had a lot of projectiles as he used many throughout the DK series. It would also make him different from other heavy weights who are mostly just heavy hitters.

It's one of the many reasons why people want K. Rool and Ridley. Both are candidates for heavy weight characters that would bring something new to Smash besides just another heavy weight. Ridley would be an air based fighter while K. Rool would get many projectiles.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
Speaking about all these
However, if the player overcharges it, it could short circuit and backfire on K.Rool, electrocuting him instead. At the same time, he could do that monstrous scream/roar from DKC 3, maybe even show off his skeleton as well :)
Function could be similar to Wario's fart, at least charging wise, attack-wise it would be extremely different. Have his remote antenna give off a long stream of electricity in front of him, half the distance of Battlefield's base platform. It could be reflected by shields and thus backfires on K. Rool and electrifying him.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Not going to quote everything because there's too much. After thinking about it, remote shock is the better option for Down B. Ground stomp should be left for DSmash and/or DAir.

One thing that's been on my mind for a while, is how K.Rool will be getting his blunderbuss and gadgets in-game? Is he going to pull them from under his cape? Perhaps they'll poof into existence from smoke similar to a magician's trick?
Either they will be pulled out of nowhere like with other characters like Link or poof into existence.
How will the Copter connect to his back without getting in the cape's way? For this one, I suggest making the cape retract/shrink towards the back of K.Rool's neck, but hidden under a puff of smoke, which will also hide the sudden appearance of said copter.
It will be on top of the cape. Cape physics won't get in the way since he will be moving up, so, cape will most likely stay down.
Man, K. Rool looks great, I can't wait to try him out!

Out of curiosity, would it be possible to have K. Rool's Back air be a backward kick like Donkey Kong and Diddy's? Or are his legs too stubby to make that possible? I just thought that having three DKC characters with the same effective Back Air would be interesting.
They are too short to use properly. It would be like DHD using its tail to attack.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Down B. Ground stomp should be left for DSmash and DAir.
Genius. If you manage to make the down-smash usable in the air, I promise, I will freak out.
They are too short to use properly. It would be like DHD using its tail to attack.
That was a good idea, but you are right... So what if he used his tail or his rump? He's got a big butt and I cannot lie.
I've never noticed the animation similarity until now, so maybe it really isn't that necessary...

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I am very much liking K Rool's progress. :) Would love to beta test him when it's ready. I'm good with all character types and techniques minus really advanced stuff like multishines. I've tested for a few projects before and people seem to like my feedback, too.

Top Bottom